3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 09.01.22 10:41 pm

Game balance (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In my opinion, the balance in the game is rather strangely distributed.

There are no complaints about combat, perhaps it is better than what was in the first two parts, so to speak, the evolution of what was in the second, with some improvements, for example, added a pirouette, wear of weapons and armor, which also delivers.
The battles became more difficult and interesting (the complexity of pain and suffering), I really did not go through a lot, but I hope the bosses will be interesting, like the keiran from the second part, that not only to call, but it was necessary to use signs and devices.

But with the level of monsters, they somehow managed to do it, for example, I just switched to the second location, I had level 5, now I have already advanced a little and I have level 11, but at this location monsters or quests of level 33 come across, this is too much in my opinion, because you need something like that all the same, calculate at what level the player will go through this location. Of course, you can return to this location when there is an acceptable level, but in my opinion it was more correct to do the further you move and open new locations so the level of quests and monsters should be higher, and not such a bias ...

Alchemy, by the way, also surprised, now to replenish stocks it is enough to just meditate and having alcohol, bombs, elixirs, oils are replenished in a miraculous way, i.e. in fact, we no longer need to collect herbs if we have already studied the recipe.
83 Comments
Sort by:
G
GventPlayer 09.01.22

diagen138
if zadrotit, then up to 35-36 you can

a
arinr 09.01.22

The levels of fistfights and horse racing clearly upset the balance of the game. If the races are held at maximum speed in general "with closed eyes", fistfights simply enrage Geralt's opponents with the level of destructiveness.

B
Bastarder 09.01.22

Game balance is a very subjective and multifactorial concept. More details can be found on the features of the game balance on Wikipedia. In role-playing games, the game balance essentially depends on the choice of the level of difficulty of the game, the level of skills and abilities, equipment and possibilities for its improvement, tactics and strategy. Therefore, talking about balance in a single player open world game is almost meaningless.
The enemy is very strong and surpasses the hero in level, then play on easy mode, use elixirs and oils, enhancements from blacksmiths, etc., or just run away from him, then kill, since these are not key figures, and experience from killing monsters give little.
If you want to torture yourself in the most difficult mode, then there is nothing to complain about the balance, which is very good in this game.
Game balance is most important in multiplayer, and especially in MMO games ..