3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 09.01.22 10:41 pm

Game balance (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In my opinion, the balance in the game is rather strangely distributed.

There are no complaints about combat, perhaps it is better than what was in the first two parts, so to speak, the evolution of what was in the second, with some improvements, for example, added a pirouette, wear of weapons and armor, which also delivers.
The battles became more difficult and interesting (the complexity of pain and suffering), I really did not go through a lot, but I hope the bosses will be interesting, like the keiran from the second part, that not only to call, but it was necessary to use signs and devices.

But with the level of monsters, they somehow managed to do it, for example, I just switched to the second location, I had level 5, now I have already advanced a little and I have level 11, but at this location monsters or quests of level 33 come across, this is too much in my opinion, because you need something like that all the same, calculate at what level the player will go through this location. Of course, you can return to this location when there is an acceptable level, but in my opinion it was more correct to do the further you move and open new locations so the level of quests and monsters should be higher, and not such a bias ...

Alchemy, by the way, also surprised, now to replenish stocks it is enough to just meditate and having alcohol, bombs, elixirs, oils are replenished in a miraculous way, i.e. in fact, we no longer need to collect herbs if we have already studied the recipe.
83 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 09.01.22

Agaress

Actually, autoleveling was in the first two parts, it is just important to make a competent balance, which will depend on the choice of the difficulty of the game, and the more of these levels, the better.

PS For the first time I see that someone would not like the absence of autolevel.

It's not about the lack of autoleveling (although I won't hide autoleveling, I like it more), but the fact that there is a bias in the locations.

A
Agaress 09.01.22

Everything is correct here.

s
saa0891 09.01.22

Purgesha,

I ran into the algul, puts out spikes + all the damage that he immediately receives from me heal. so yes, not everyone can be fenced off at level 5)

The same crap, the first monster to which I could not even inflict damage.

s
stranger216 09.01.22

In general, there is no balance. The game is very, very easy. As rightly noted, there are no such fights as keiran or rigger, werewolf or stryga. Hack and slash.

In the same second part, the drowned people killed with 1 blow from the back until the talents were pumped. Alchemy has degraded as a skill. Maybe it's because of the arcade combat system? If earlier it was necessary to prepare, drink damn elixirs until the eyes were gray, now there is a choice - to drink or not drink at all.

All packs and monsters on the street are killed by the
Spoiler-Horse on the Roach a la D'Artagnan-style
In the interiors - roll-blow. Ai monsters are not very good.

s
stranger216 09.01.22

saa0891 Axiy
to help you.

M
Mercurionio 09.01.22

Autolvl would be very useful to the Witcher. You just need to leave the current level of mobs as minimal, i.e. missions of the baron from 6 and up. And then if you do all the side quests, then sometimes even the plot ones become gray = /

M
Mercurionio 09.01.22

stranger216
Well, you don't need to use such methods. But yes, there are holes and they tempt themselves to be used.
Although everything can be corrected by mods. I think in half a year there will already be the first Overhauls, with fixes in order to increase the difficulty.

s
stranger216 09.01.22

Mercurionio
Yes, but there is even an elixir for Roach from fear and + 50% damage on horseback. It is possible, as in the first witcher, to pump magic and rolls to collect monsters around the location, and burn everyone with one gulp of igni.

Why is it better than an elixir for damage of 10% of the monster's life or one that gives life restoration from the use of energy (I had it instead of food, after the battle it jumped and again 100% HP).

There is such a mini-boss foggy: Spoiler -

An unpleasant infection that kills with 2 quick hits. However, it is enough to get out of the fog, load the crossbow and riddle it.
Sometimes even bombs can help
Spoiler mobs have a limited aggro radius, beyond which they stop responding to the hero. By combining bombs for poisoning and even more severe poisoning (effects stack), any cranial enemy is killed.

A
Angelica04 09.01.22

Yes, the balance is an interesting level up to 15-20 you, be afraid to navrat on a strong opponent. With 20, you can already defeat most opponents. And with 35 you don't have more than one worthy opponent (not counting the griffin on a distant island). It was better to either set the auto level or scatter the monsters around the locations. In Velen up to level 15, Novigrad up to 25 and on Skelleg from level 25.

M
Mercurionio 09.01.22

stranger216
Well, what am I talking about. It's like in Skyrim, where thanks to ench / alchemy / forge it was possible to make a bow with over9000 damage and send Alduin to the next world on the legend with one shot. It is clear that you can always find an exploit, but here they were made too much. On low lvl, when there are no broths and skills, it is played perfectly, but later, the same bear + immortality from adrenaline - and Geralt becomes Wolverine.

d
dmitrians 09.01.22

saa0891
you probably went to the wrong location - the developers tied the level of mobs to the locations in order for you to collect the story normally - for example, if you start with Skelige, then Novigrad - then Velen, then there will be a swing and you will not immediately understand how you traveled and where Ciri is now yes and in general, I had all the rules, although if you deviate from the main tasks, then you can stumble upon mobs in the world much higher than you in level, xs did the developers do the right thing, but for me this is the norm

d
dmitrians 09.01.22

Mercurionio is
everything below complicated for those who have not played at the computer at all, if you are worried about the fact that on the easy one you endure everyone like a god, then put at least a difficult level and then you will understand the essence of the game, and on death you will even start to loot everything in order to find yourself an alcohol for meditation and a little grub

d
dmitrians 09.01.22

stranger216
collect mobs and burn them all igni ?? do you play light or what ?? Already on the complex of the signs, only kven are useful (aksiy for alguls and yrden for ghosts), everything else is crap, in order to take out a mob of your level with an igni sign, you will have to burn it for an hour, and spending experience on signs will simply kill you to level 10. mu due to the fact that you can't handle mobs
ps well eliki kaneshn make you more or less a mutant killer, but for this, the witchers take them
p.p.s. I hate ghosts, on death there is one miss and you are killed by their series of blows

M
Mercurionio 09.01.22

dmitrians
Actually, I passed level 4. So, for your information. And about igni, he talked about 1 witcher. There really was such an exploit.

d
dmitrians 09.01.22

Mercurionio
a, then I apologize

S
Sagivari Isit0 09.01.22

as for me the game is pretty easy I play on difficulty for death at level 8 mobs even lvl 17 fall with proper pumping and of course without cheats,
but the signs are generally useless, some are
shorter than the char pumping, you still need to work and work for right now, pumping garbage

S
Sandugo 09.01.22

dmitrians
I play at the level of pain and suffering, I will replay at the maximum and I think that pain and suffering does not correspond to reality, because you experience this pain at the level of up to the 7th maximum. I play thoroughly clean all the mobs and go through all the additional missions. Now lvl 21 but there are no problems with mobs up to lvl 31. In principle, everyone is on fire from the pumped Igni. Yes, there are some monsters that igni does not set fire to, but these are very few. On Skeling, I disassemble the poisonous head-eyes 31lvl with the death sign without any problems, and all the rest of the living creatures, even without interest, because they burn like Christmas trees. Igni IMHO creepy imba. From the orders of the witcher on his own then lvl (completed all the quests found for mobs 20-35lvl), he didn’t fulfill only the order for the head of the caveman's eye (he just doesn’t want to burn a bastard and shows that there is still a difference in 10lvl). Compared to Igni, the sword is of no use as a child's scarecrow and a Kalashnikov assault rifle. Yrden to help against ghosts. Quen is very nerfed compared to the previous installments.

R
RGC 09.01.22

Sandugo
at the maximum level will be the same, only you will die to level 7-8 much more often, and then you will stop altogether if your arms are straight. disappointed balance

d
dmitrians 09.01.22

Sandugo oops
, you are the first who went along the blue branch, it disappointed me at the beginning, so it didn’t swing - the signs take a long time to recover and do not take much at the beginning of the game - so please tell me from what level they start to demolish normally ??? (ps I play on death)
ps Kven, although nerfed, is still the best sign

_
_Str75_ 09.01.22

saa0891 My
friend, This is a game with an open game world. Scratch wherever you want and do what you want ... But it's not a fact that the enemy will be on the level. And you can just stupidly run away from the enemy if you decide that you will not fall)))
Have you only played corridor games before? We didn't try to play Scrolls, where Persian 10-12lvl, and above him dragons are already thundering with oils and giants with agryat's mammoths?)))

Dmitrians
I first pulled off a blue branch for myself - mostly I focused on Quen. Running is worth barking. Energy regeneration is fast with this type of armor. You can not get out of the shield simply, with proper tactics.

Guys, understand that The Witcher3, that Skyrim are essentially one of the first attempts to make a game with an open world ... I think it's not very easy to think about everything you write about yet. When they said that The Witcher 3 would not be a corridor, but with an open world, I was already mentally prepared for the fact that the same thing awaited me as in Skye - at first you shy away even from your shadow, and then you knock dragons out of the sky with spitting without problems)))