3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 09.01.22 11:07 pm

Impressions of the full version of the game (Clive Barker's Jericho)

In Europe, the game will be on Friday, it's time to open this topic.
We share our impressions of the game.
133 Comments
Sort by:
D
D3vil 09.01.22

Absolutely empty, not interesting, teaching nothing.
Did you want it to teach you something? I wonder what)

M
Morgray 09.01.22

It teaches ... well, it trains the reaction)

S
SuperKiller 09.01.22

Perhaps I agree with FRADE.AI really stupid, your team very rarely uses their special abilities and in general they die constantly I remember there was a case the whole team was killed by 1 mob, I was the only one left decided to see just how they would cope without me. aisles just stupidly kill my team in the aisle, I'm sitting around the corner and the mobs can't go through them (they get stuck), well, I’m just like that :) It’s not enough for a horror movie, so there will be a lot of firmer and more straps.

M
Mimik 09.01.22

FRADE
"Nothing MASTEROUS, as someone wrote above, there is no game in the game. Maybe only graphics ..

yes, and that will be more successful in Bioshock .." Jericho and everything will become clear ... I don't know what kind of team you have, it really helps me in the gameplay, maybe the problem is that you are such a player? ))

Deter 202
what did you expect? a game like a bioshock?))

I personally liked the game as a cool action, quite driving and interesting, though I don’t really like that the characters do not run very fast as I would like ...

a
add05 09.01.22

Bioshock did not even stand next to Jericho. The style of the games is different.
As for the jeriko itself, the game turned out to be a solid 4 out of 5. The sound is beyond praise (for the melody with the appearance of the little boy, the developers should be given a cake (prelude Portal))). Graphics ... I don’t know what crysis will be there, but what Jericho gives out pleases the eye.

SuperKiller "AI is really dumb" - smarter than bioshock will be. On the other hand, AI behavior is linear, i.e. "straight ahead." But for the animation of opponents this can be forgiven, it makes saliva flow down the chin)) The

game is annoying only with its linearity (it doesn't even bother, but just causes some discomfort))). The plot ... this is certainly not HL2, and not even close to HL2 ... but quite interesting.

The game captures with its atmosphere. For some reason, it immediately reminded me of the movie "The Mummy" with the "Painkiller" filter. The characters are very colorful and fit perfectly into the setting (the team is really somewhat similar to the rabble from "Paragraph 78", but only remotely).

I.I.SH.O. The fact that each member of the team has their own unique weapons and special skills struck my heart. Bravo comrades! )

S
Sasha999 09.01.22

In my opinion, the graphics are better than Crysis, and the optimization is a hundred times better,
Crysis at high 25 fps, and Jericho at Max 30-40 fps. My computer is 4200 X2
2600xt 2gb. And the graphics in Crysis were stolen from Obliviona, they had just
finalized the water . And here the portrayal of heroes and enemies is an order of magnitude higher.
And the fight is very well done. The best thing that came out this year.

F
FRADE 09.01.22

to Sasha999 "The best that came out this year,"

You campaign in this year only in it and played ..

to Mimic "is the problem is that you're a player?))"

Yes, the problem is what I'm a player, and I will not playing this bullshit ...

a
add05 09.01.22

Plat1n1Um slow down. If we compare the graphics on top cars, the crisis is definitely better. But optimization in a crisis of feces. Launched a crisis (not a demo) on amd-x2 +4800 7950 ultra 2gb [1024 * 768], you can play at ~ 30 frames only at medium settings. Jericho at max settings (in the same system) produced ~ 40-50 frames and looked much better than the Crisis.

In general, it is not logical to compare Crysis and Jericho. One is a walk through vast spaces in a modified Hawaiian shirt, another is atmospheric horror, linear as a rail, but no less fun. In general, I went through both games, each pleased me in its own way.

By the way (personal observations): the crisis is very raw. The AI ​​impressed me with its lack of tactics and amazing accuracy in huge spaces (Hard difficulty). And when the boat stubbornly wanted to call at the pier, it became funny to me. You can use bullets to chop down thick palms, but you cannot break the supporting wooden structures of buildings (with your hands, both of them break perfectly). Wait for the patch;)

D
Denis 09.01.22

add05
in general, even comparing the optimization of these two games is stupid.

a
add05 09.01.22

Taking into account the small difference in the output, the optimization of the grid can be compared :)))

D
Denis 09.01.22

add05
Taking into account the small difference between caridors and large spaces =))

K
KAiN [tmb] 09.01.22

to DooMer - do you know how much Crysis was made and how much Jeicho? Do not forget about the development time! Although, on the other hand, Crytek, I think, still did not fully understand their engine, so Crysis will be patching. on the Doom 3 engine, which has already been studied along and across, hence an excellent optimization.

a
add05 09.01.22

DooMer_: gee)) forgot about the spaces. yyyyy))

D
Denis 09.01.22

Uitzraor
No you, that Jericho is not on the Doom3 engine, this is their own, or someone else's. Although xs is unfamiliarly similar to Doom's, it looks like UT3 and even something like a source.

K
KAiN [tmb] 09.01.22

DooMer
Well, I don’t know, maybe ... But a couple of reflections and shine and how bodies decompose ... Pray was also not very similar to DOOM 3, but it was made on its engine. It's a hundred pounds.
By the way, I installed Crysis and realized that we should continue to play not super-promoted "blockbusters", but normal games without much advertising. Remember The Chronicles of Riddick? After all, she had practically no PR, just like Jericho. - I'd rather continue to play in closed spaces with a good meat :) than sit for half an hour in the bushes, trying in vain to aim because of annoying goluns. Yes, people, did you know that in a crisis on XP you can turn on the highest graphics settings?

A
AndrewLight 09.01.22

The game is normal, immediately addictive. It gets that monsters appear from nowhere and evaporate into nowhere. And somehow the number of secondary objects (cups, spoons and other rubbish) is scarce. Generally solid 4.

Z
Zibers 09.01.22

I agree, the decoration of the decl is lame, the barrels do not explode (although there are a couple of them, and it is not known what they are with), the enemy is the same type, the battle tactics are the same. There are few tricky-braid levels for passing by different Persians, one-sided and straight, it's difficult to turn the wrong way.
But ... addicts stsuko igrulya with a bang. It is worth going through one more time on the hard, reading the description of the menagerie and their supervisor, and the above-mentioned "cons" type, but they are implemented in the game, not 100% would turn into pluses. So that. The canfet was a success, which is what we are happy about. There is no need to sweeten ... with the fluoride part :)

D
D0NoR 09.01.22

I play, it sucked ... Buke respect. The voice acting is super .. there is certainly something to predict, but I really don't want to. The game has a drawback: short and silly levels. At a certain moment, you realize that each of them goes through the same scenario: we are walking, suddenly we run into an ambush from a group of enemies .. we kill everyone and we can move on, we meet a trail of conception, etc.

But this huge minus extinguishes the atmosphere of the game (I read my phrase and myself did not understand what it was extinguishing whom .. in short The atmosphere is super, for the sake of it you close your eyes to the minuses). All those little things that seem like bullshit actually made a very serious atmosphere. Shaking the camera creates the effect that you see from the eyes of the hero, the behavior of the heroes more or less enlivens them, i.e. they do not look like stupid bots with three scripts, they look like smart bots =) Well, I think everything else does not require comments, because it is simply unrealistic to convey the thrill of the game, the plot and its presentation in words, and even more so on paper!

D
D0NoR 09.01.22

Zibers, you're right. At the expense of the minuses, what can we hide - they are!
And especially at the expense of the degree of passion. I subscribe to the words "But ... addicts stsuko playing with a bang.". And I express my respect for them =)

ps With horror the game let us down ... an hour later, the aversion to freaks disappears. Well, and there is no fear at all .... I remember how Undying and FEAR twist a point, that's horror!

D
D0NoR 09.01.22

Passed. Well, the final battle is very interesting, but very easy. The plot is excellent, Barker did not disappoint. The ending pleases, but where did they get it? (spoiler !!!: Firstborn, what was in the middle of the sea all the time? =))
In general, the game is amospheric, but there is little fear ... enter the Temple by the end of the game, it starts to blur everything around, whispers and most importantly statues with red eyes that do not take your eyes off you .. already goosebumps!