3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Joker19gl 19.01.22 10:14 pm

PC FPS Optimization Tips (God of War (2018))

What can you say about optimization? How much fps does it give out on your hardware? And I alone don’t understand why there is no full-screen mode in the game?
157 Comments
Sort by:
23hudo 19.01.22

Black Future
Running on 2070s at 3440x1440 (21:9), DLSS disabled, V-sync disabled. All settings on MAX, except for the atmosphere and reflections (they are on HI), I don’t see any problems - the fps is dancing somewhere from 70 to 45, but this is not noticeable at all on the gamepad. Annoying only g sync incorrect work - the frames are smooth, but micro-breaks are sometimes found (most likely due to the fact that the game does not have a full screen mode). In general, it is very comfortable to play. If you have lower resolution monitors, I think it will be even better.
Firewood is new - I did not notice much difference.

C
Caserad 19.01.22

I tested the game on a prehistoric computer (Fx 4300 percent, video Amd series Hd 7800 2GB, 12GB of RAM) on which I tested Horizon and Days Gone, the optimization in Horizon was so-so, but then it was patched and it became very very, Days gon came out so immediately went perfectly, later with patches began to fly.
But God of War This is some kind of horror, from location to location from 60 fps to 10, naturally at the minimum, in addition, it seems that the game has a video memory leak, the longer you play, the more it starts to freeze and lag, everything is normal in temperatures.
In general, I hope they will fix everything with patches, although maybe not, given that most of them have no performance problems, but such a spread in FPS is wildly unstable, I can only conclude that the optimization is very bad, compared with the above games, and this is despite the fact that they had large open worlds.

1LoneWolf1 19.01.22

Map 1070, 2673v3 percent, settings - 1080p without FSR, textures / filtering max., The rest is high. - I played for about 4 hours, reached the lake, FPS constantly jumps from 48 to 90, most of the time it stays at the level of 55-58, in battle for some reason the FPS is always higher than in the same place without a fight. FPS drops, even for 5 frames, are accompanied by small, but very noticeable frame breaks, I had to limit the fps to 50, which gave an absolutely even frame and fps. A friend at 1063 and 2620v3, 1080p without fsr, fps even at minimum settings does not always hold 60 frames, periodically drops below 40.

W
Wyss 19.01.22

Alex Hawk
well so of course if you write down, then there will be a loss of performance.

L
Listoman 19.01.22

GERA1987
Does not start from 68 frames, in the initial battle with the Outsider at the moment when Kratos takes the log, standing with his back to him, there will be less than 60 fps in your case with filters)

A
Alcatraz74 19.01.22

Kazerad
memory leak is 100% literally 20 minutes ago I was thrown out and wrote that there is not enough memory, 16 GB of RAM + swap everything, and the longer you play, the worse the performance becomes, it lags where in fact it should not lag, I xs who says that top optimization, probably those who have 3090. By the way, I found a video where people compared new firewood and old ones, and so on old ones, performance is higher by more than 10 frames

P
POLKOVNIK2005 19.01.22

Alcatraz74
Throw a link to the vidos and what firewood was no.
ps please

V
Vvvvd 19.01.22

Nobody tried to edit the settings.ini file in the game folder? Maybe you can write something like Fullscreen=1 for full screen mode.

s
shhelkun 19.01.22

I had it, there were no lags and crashes, textures, filtering and models at max., The rest is high, 2560x1440

G
GIBAY 19.01.22

Everything is at the maximum, only the shadows and reflections are set to high. FPS ranges from 71 to 110 if you look at the wall. So far, only the battle with the troll has passed.
Video RTX 2060 Super overclocked.
The only thing that infuriates is the mouse, it behaves strangely, somehow not smoothly, as if the stick from the gamepad is emulated.

L
Listoman 19.01.22

Alcatraz74
In that video, the test of the processor, not the video card, the new drivers did not give anything without the use of dlss, and with it it became ~ 5% better

r
rasta1315 19.01.22

Does anyone know what the hell, the game on gtx 1650i starts on medium, not one lag, after 10 minutes a hard drop in fps, 5-10

s
shhelkun 19.01.22

GIBAY
mouse acceleration is there, like on a gamepad, they know about it and are trying to fix it)

J
Joel Miller 19.01.22

GIBAY It's
strange that I also have an RTX 2060 Super overclocked, everything is also at maximum, except for shadows and reflections (on high), even DLSS is on balance, and the game sometimes drops to 50 FPS... What screen resolution do you play in?

B
Black Future 19.01.22

Does this port need 16Gb Ram?

E
Erontlop 19.01.22

Kazerad
yes with Horizon it’s true I had it on release so I jumped 18 to 50 fps at low and how they patched it from low I switched to ult and it became stable 40 fps (i5 4 cores gtx 1060 6 gb opera 8)

E
Erontlop 19.01.22

1LoneWolf1
try drops heals like this; parameters games game mode graphics settings there you select a shortcut (exe in the game folder and set high production. and in theory the friezes get out a little more there you can shamanize with 2 settings, well, if you want to test it, but I cut them down so less friezes.

b
boPistolet 19.01.22

I pull everything without problems🤣

A
Alcatraz74 19.01.22

POLKOVNIK2005

L
Listoman 19.01.22

Alcatraz74
A good test of the processor, but what side is the firewood on the card?)