3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lapwing mouse 26.03.22 02:12 pm

Optimization (GhostWire: Tokyo)

It reminds me of Control and Quantikum Bryak. Decided to test the game on hyper ultra with 4k beams and Nvidia's Ansel Freestyler. And I immediately noticed a fake with a freytime along the graph line. Look at the chart!!!!!! Freezes one after another, but the game is going great. The gameplay is even, but on the diagram the sticks are one after the other. One of these days I will update Afterbuner and Riva. I don't know if it will help. To be honest, the game runs almost perfectly. The performance problem is due to the fact that the game needs a next generation card, which is why the fps is low. There are no lags, as in Eleks 2, but there are FPS drops due to the lack of card power for this game, so I had to turn on TSR (analogous to Dlss and Fsr) Therefore, I think that the game optimization is excellent, but truly demanding, although the graphics itself is mediocre.

83 Comments
Sort by:
E
Egor Zabrodin 03.04.22

A strange game all the same, before I got into the KK apartment, everything was tolerable with a 60fps lock, rare stutters skipped, but not critical, even turned on the RTX on low ones, since the card was underloaded and there was a reserve. And in the apartment, the fps dropped sharply to 25, the card immediately became 99% loaded, it only helped to wait 30 seconds in the menu and then back to 60fps and now every 30 minutes the fps drops, lowering the resolution of textures and shadows does not help. I'll try to install the drivers that came out for this game and completely disable RTX. 3050

upd
After updating the drivers and turning off RTX on ultras in 1080, I played, the fps no longer drops, the stutters really remain, but at least you can already play normally.

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

Egor Zabrodin
Excuse me, I'm a bit old - but what are statters?

T
Tiberiym 03.04.22

MAD_EDy
This is the name of micro slowdowns or friezes. They are more common when working under load, for example, in games in the form of sharp drops in fps for a fraction of a second.

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

Tiberiym
Oh, well, I don’t have stutters, it just flies, I’m even surprised that my old i5 8600 + 2060s is able to pull fresh games)

p
pckot01 03.04.22

MAD_EDy Do
n't fuck with the old one
Although you can already buy a new one

p
pckot01 03.04.22

This game, like syberia vidyahu, heats up, it’s all a fucking unity, can’t it be done normally, only MSI afterburner saves, but the cooler is a pity, it plows at 3500 rpm

w
wer_32 03.04.22

There is no solution to fps drops, except how to disable rtx?

p
pckot01 03.04.22

wer_32
SSGI to SSAO change

g
ghoul666 03.04.22

pckot01
what unit? game on unreal engine 4 made. but yes, the percent heats up for some reason, vidyaha 62 degrees in total.

also just came across terrible lags out of the blue - there were 60 frames, rays on ultra (3060ti), and then the fps dropped to 7 ... SEVEN FPS, CARL! Fixed by loading a save. in general, despite the fact that optimization seems to be there, but a bunch of lags is a separate pain.

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

ghoul666
One of these days I'll try to check without tsr.

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

wer_32
It looks like no, I just haven't tried anything - everything rests on rtx((((it's a pity, we are waiting for a patch or a new firewood

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

pckot01 Changed
- the same thing!

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

pckot01
Well, the system manager collected about 5 years ago, the only thing was that he successfully updated the video a year ago (I took it for 26 rubles - asus 2060 super OC 8 Gb, and then the boys throw off the picture to me where this same video is worth 110 oblique))))))

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
By the way, what kind of tsr is this, this option is not active for me at all, what is it and what is it eaten with? And on rtx you’re in vain - it’s beautiful here - reflections, light, shadows, so if you compare the graphics without rtx with other games - then chostwire is a so-so grafon for 22 years old, but if with rtx ......

M
Max P 03.04.22

ghoul666
The main thing in this game is reflection tracing, you set these settings to medium, and the usual ones to maximum and full order. To prove my words, I found a video on YouTube with these settings.
Spoiler

M
MAD_EDy 03.04.22

A question for backfilling, what should be put for the quality of lighting ssao or ssgi?

g
ghoul666 03.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
So the fact of the matter is that FPS rarely drops below 50, but stupidly out of the blue you have 60, and then herak and already 7! Reload a save or just go to the menu and then back - voila, again 60fps. This is no longer a matter of optimization, but of a crooked code. Anrilovsky engine in clumsy hands is an ass. The patch has already been released alone, I rolled it yesterday, but I haven’t tested it yet. I'll see what's going on there on Sunday. In general, it seems that a memory leak is starting, but not operational, but video.

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

MAD_EDy wrote:
By the way, what kind of tsr is this
Here, I found a comparison of all four upscales.
Spoiler

p
pckot01 03.04.22

ghoul666
I have an RX580 with an afterburner tuned only on the unity engine and UE4 heats up above 60 gr, Syberia up to 64 gr, and TOKYO surpassed all games up to 66 gr with a 3800 rpm cooler
Two of the most crooked engines or not curves, but green

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

MAD_EDy
Tsr
is available on all video cards, and even more so on rtx 2000 series! checked on rtx 2070 super and gtx 970, so if not available, then you have dlss or fsr turned on, disable them and tsr will work.