3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eloi 03.04.22 06:47 pm

Rx 6600 xt video card frequency drops

Please help me bought a new video card rx 6600xt at 8gb, the problem is that in games the frequency of the video card drops from 2400 MHz to 700 MHz (the problem is in gta 5, since the frequency of the video card drops to 0 MHz there and friezes occur, I turn on vertical synchronization, there are no friezes, but, accordingly, no more than 60 frames, I insert an old gtx 960 4gb card, everything is fine, there are no friezes, the frequency is stable more than 1000 MHz) In other games, the frequency is also not constant, it can keep more than 2000 MHz, and then drop to 1000 MHz, but there seems to be no friezes. jump? I just asked people who have the same card and their frequency seems to be more or less stable and is it possible to fix this frequency somehow? , I'm afraid that something is wrong with the card (. If something does not heat up the card (somewhere around 61 degrees), I reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled windows, carried out tests in fur mark for about 10 minutes, where the frequency is stable more than 2000 MHz and the temperature is 61 degrees. Please help me, I don’t understand what the problem is. (The whole system is ryzen 5 3600, motherboard asus prime b 450 ma 2, 16 gb RAM, power supply 750w)
69 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 03.04.22

you can try to look in Windows for a setting about power consumption or performance or something like that, as well as in the drivers and set everything to the maximum
, you can also try to set such graphics settings in games so that the FPS clearly looks into the card, the most maximum and low performance that is.
otherwise, theoretically, this can happen due to the fact that the card is underloaded and tries to switch to energy-saving mode, or some features of the processor and the paging file, which causes the micro game to freeze and the card does nothing at this moment. I would not stupidly play with high fps or go to the bios and try to turn off turbo boost there and try to stir up overclocking. or (and also) if there is an ssd in the system and install a paging file on it, or suspect that the ssd may have an unsuccessful memory controller and it may cause lags. or in any case, the paging file is too much and it should be increased to 16GB at least. but considering that this is a problem of super high fps, I would rather suspect a processor that does not keep up with the factory mode and does not take out such fps (it may not be fully loaded)

E
Eloi 03.04.22

MunchkiN 616
The power mode (I tried to set the maximum performance) did not help, I also tried to increase the minimum frequency of the card in the adrenaline program for amd, but the frequency still drops, the game and windows are on ssd and the processor is also not heavily loaded like

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

Eloi
Let me guess, you play gta 5 online mode?

T
Thief Pirate 03.04.22

Take it back under warranty.

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

Eloi
If it's online, it's normal, it's just crookedly optimized for online, go to the section on gta 5, and you'll see that many people have problems with it!

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Kartonkratos Friez
in singles

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Thief Piratych
I think it’s unlikely that they will accept the guarantee because everything seems to be ok with the card or they will send it to some service for verification, and it’s also reluctant to sit without a card

M
Marsj 03.04.22

Eloi wrote:
is it possible to somehow fix this frequency?
Go to performance > driver settings and then GPU settings.

K
Kartonkratos 03.04.22

Eloi
But everything is fine with the video card! the game seems to be already old, and it’s not so optimized for the software of new video cards, it’s clear that it drags it to ultra with high fps, it just doesn’t get it all fired up, and it might still be behind the latest drivers! try to put old firewood.

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
Here you activate the "GPU overclocking" in the drivers and everything works.

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
Further you disconnect Chill!

M
Marsj 03.04.22

X_ray_83
By the way, yes, Chill lowers the frequency.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

X_ray_83
I did not try to set overclocking, I just tried to increase the minimum frequency, but it still went down

X
X_ray_83 03.04.22

Eloi
So activate overclocking! And yes, before installing the AMD drivers, you need to completely clean out the Nvidia firewood using Display Driver Uninstaller the only way.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

X_ray_83 I'll
try to unsubscribe later and when I reinstalled the firewood I cleaned everything

E
Eloi 03.04.22

X_ray_83
And what kind of card do you have?

L
Loken 03.04.22

Eloi wrote:
Tell me the frequency should jump like this? I just asked people who have the same card and their frequency seems to be more or less stable and is it possible to fix this frequency somehow?
I have an RX 6600 XT Msi Gaming X.
Yes, the frequency can jump depending on the load on the card. The lower the load on the card, the lower it can reset the frequency. In my old games, where the entire load is either on the single-core performance of my processor, or the ceiling is simply reached at 142 fps that I locked, and the load on the hardware is low - the frequency of the video card chip can constantly be in the range of 0-700 MHz. In heavy games, where the video card is loaded non-stop at 98-99%, its frequency is kept close to the maximum values.
It makes no sense to raise the minimum frequency in Adrenaline for the sake of fixing values, this setting does not work on these cards, at least for increasing. These cards are configured with dynamic frequency control, which directly depends on the load on the card. Higher load - higher frequency, less load - less frequency. The video card itself knows what frequency of the chip it needs to keep at a particular moment.

As for GTA 5, I didn’t run it on this vidyuhi, but this game is made so through one place that I wouldn’t be surprised at anything. Xs, if you are not satisfied with the frequency drops on the vidyuhi, try tweaking the graphics settings.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken
and what processor?

L
Loken 03.04.22

Eloi
3700x

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Loken,
for example, I play resident evil village and there the frequency is kept above 2000, but it can drop to 1000, that is, is this normal and should it be?