3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22 10:04 pm

Quest \"Memory of old times\" (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

kain_O
At least someone) Can you somehow tell me how to get through the room with hearths?
149 Comments
Sort by:
R
Runaa 18.04.22

It is taken in the second chapter the path of Roche when you go through the little sisters quest, there is a secret door in the basement next to the house, to open it you need to light three candles in the correct order, then take the papers, show them to Detmold, but do not give them back then it will continue in Chapter 3

T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22

al3x_r3nk0
In the second chapter, in the house on the shore (there is also a quest for Roche "Little Sisters"), on the side of the house we break barrels with aard, go down and, by lighting the necessary candles, we will open a secret door, there we will take a piece of paper and...

m
m01533nk0 18.04.22

Thank you very much! I'll keep it in mind =) I just didn't find the description of the quest in the guide, or I didn't look well. Will it continue under what conditions? Is there a conversation with the NPC or some kind of find? It’s somehow pissing to play insane, Operator or whatever the “hard type” is, judging by the description ...

L
Life_Kife 18.04.22

It's funny, in order to find the correct combination in a room with hearths, I compiled and solved a system of linear equations with 7 unknowns, after solving it, I poked the hearths that resulted in the answer and the door opened. Spent 30 minutes on compiling and solving the system :)

T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22

Life_Kife
Heh, I'm all this mathematics...) Write this system of linear equations, not solved)

S
Sunnyfer 18.04.22

Life_Kife
Write, I'm also interested :)

S
Series 18.04.22

I came into the room with hearths at random for about five minutes and the door opened)
Only then for half an hour I tried to kill the Equalizer, as a result, an epic battle with epic music came out ... An awesome staff fell out of him (maybe the most powerful weapon in the game (for the place of a steel sword )) damage 40-60.
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru

L
Life_Kife 18.04.22

On the system of linear equations. Please read this post to the end before proceeding!
First, let's assign a variable to each hearth, which takes the value 1 if the hearth is on and 0 if it is extinguished. Variables will be assigned in the following way t1 - the central focus, the rest clockwise t2, t3, t4, t5, t6, t7. We don’t use the usual arithmetic here, because if you poke the hearth 2 times, nothing will change from here we get the addition rule in the upcoming system:
1 +(-) 1 = 0, 1 +(-) 0 = 1, 0 +(-) 1 = 1, 0 +(-) 0 = 0. Now for the system we need the initial state of the foci, let this be the column of variables h1 , h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, h7, the centers are numbered as before (each of the variables h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, h7 takes the value 0 or 1, depending on whether the corresponding source is burning or No). And finally, the system itself:
t1 + t3 + t5 = h1 + 1
t1 + t2 + t3 = h2 + 1
t3 + t4 + t6 + t7 = h3 + 1
t1 + t4 = h4 + 1
t2 + t5 + t6 = h5 + 1
t4 + t6 + t7 = h6 + 1
t2 + t5 + t7 = h7 + 1

Having solved this system, you will get that each of the variables t1, t2, t3, t4, t5, t6, t7 is equal to 1 or 0, if 1 then you need to poke the corresponding focus (regardless of whether it is currently on fire or not), if 0, then skip the corresponding focus.

ALL VARIABLES TAKE VALUES 0 or 1, when deciding it is easy to make a mistake, be careful.

IMPORTANT!!!
1) +(-) means + or -
2) it follows from the addition rule that the sum or difference of two identical variables is 0 and multiplying a variable by -1 does not change it, i.e. eg -t3 = t3 = 0 or 1
3) The system is compiled by studying how each focus affects the others.
4) You won’t be able to solve the system on a computer because there is an unusual addition rule.

If you need more details about compiling the system, ask)

T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22

Life_Kife Genitally
, I have two questions)
1) How did you think of applying this system here?)
2) And how old are you?)

L
Life_Kife 18.04.22

Thank you :)
1) I thought of compiling the system when I built a directed graph of the action of foci and wrote down its adjacency matrix for a more convenient search for the desired combination.
2) I am 24 years old.

T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22

Life_Kife
The linear system of equations is still clear to me, but the rest ...)
What is a directed action graph and what is an adjacency matrix?) And who do you study for?)

V
VikVichka 18.04.22

Life_Kife
I lost my mosh. Wow what knowledge. Respect and respect. )

L
Life_Kife 18.04.22

Oriented graph :) the word "action" refers to centers :)
The graph consists of points and edges connecting some points, and if the graph is also oriented, then each of its edges has a direction. For example, if the first hearth affects the 1st (itself) 2nd and 3rd hearths, then ribs go from it to itself, to the 2nd and to the 3rd. You can’t explain it in a nutshell, if you’re interested, you can look at Wikipedia: “graph”, “directed graph”, “adjacency matrix”.

Already learned :) Specialty: teacher of mathematics and informatics :)

L
Laura 18.04.22

O_O M-yes ... I simply wrote down on paper in a column the action of each hearth, designating them with numbers (the first was the extreme left, if you are facing the locked door and then clockwise), I drew a ball of connections on paper for visual representation, and in the end it turned out that the door opens in 2 actions: first you activate the fifth (or sixth, I don’t remember exactly now, but it won’t take long to test the options, it is necessary that as a result the numbers 1,4,6 remain unlit), then the first one.

Nemesis
I have a plot question, please tell me, in the quest "Memory of the Old Years" Geralt and the Guardian are talking about an artifact. What artifact are you talking about? Where did I find it?
The artifact is not shown to us, it is allegedly kept by the Guardian and activates it to redistribute talents. When you found the Guardian, you also found an artifact.

L
Life_Kife 18.04.22

Laura -Shadow Dancer- All right, but I was interested in the general solution

T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22

Life_Kife It's a
pity that at school I thought that mathematics would be useful to me only to count the change in some stall))
Laura -Shadow Dancer-
Are you also a math teacher or just smart?)

L
Laura 18.04.22

Lemon Tea
No, I studied liberal arts, although I end up doing electrical projects now. It's just logic and nothing more.

T
Tea with lemon 18.04.22

Laura - Shadow Dancer -
I would like such logic)

R
Romashtain 18.04.22

Guys, o explain to me from the very beginning and steps what to do ??? otherwise I found the spell itself and I need to translate it. I went to the Detmold, he translated it for me, it seems, and I left the artifact or whatever. and I have now written in the task to use it on occasion. and what kind of case, where should I go xs (( help please!

T
Tiger[Overmind] 18.04.22

People, where is this door in chapter 3? I can't find it in the sewers. click on the map marker pliz.