3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lord Voldemort 23.04.22 12:48 am

Is time travel possible?

Quite a few films have been made about time travel, books have been written, games have been created, but they all adhere to one of the 3 main hypotheses.
1. Travel is possible both in the past and in the future in any era.
2. Perhaps, but only within the limits of your life.
3. Perhaps, but only to the past and back to the present, because the future has not yet arrived.
And what do you think. It is possible whether time travel will be in reality or it will remain a fantasy of writers.
And if possible, which of the 3 options would be most likely.
134 Comments
Sort by:
s
sthY 23.04.22

Ask Doctor Who.

T
Threat to Society 23.04.22

Sailor Moon Warrior Beauty

Incredible stupidity.

Please us with your incredible genius.

A
A.Soldier of Light 23.04.22

MetalEagle on a binge
What bullshit. What does "the future has not come" mean? For me 5 minutes ago, I am the future. What happens if I don't exist?
In terms of the five minutes before now, yes, you are in the future. But this is blatant speculation, because you are always in the present. The present future is the present, but it is no longer the future. In fact, as I said, replacing the word "present" with "future that has come," we begin to soar brains. This is a thankless task...

If we proceed from the theory that time is a solid line... such a relocation would lead to a violation of the space-time continuum, because at the moment when the young you had to invent a nuclear bomb (for example), the old you went and got drunk on vodka. Because of such a discrepancy, the entire future will be destroyed, and possibly the entire timeline as a whole.
Yes, that is exactly what will happen.
Two main points of view on "time travel":
Version 1. either in the past we change the whole future (moreover, we can even kill ourselves indirectly, a person simply disappears),
Version 2: either any change creates an alternative reality, that is, a separate branch of the course of time, and the original, from which we got into the past, is already unattainable for us and is unchangeable.
I like the second version better, it's more understandable.

Imagine how many of them ...
Surely then there is a certain time bar that determines the possibility of the formation of a new universe. Well, for example, one microsecond?...

Gantz is your mr.Presedent
Let's say we change something in the past, so events will go further along a different line. And where will we return? To the new present or the old?
To a new present (version 1) that has been changed along with what you did in the past. But in the old it will not work out in principle, since according to the first version it no longer exists (changed), and according to the second one, by your departure to the past, you ALREADY change the course of time, and in the old present you disappeared forever. If you return to your present, it will no longer be quite the same universe from which you departed. Although yes, the difference after all can be negligible.

And if the possibility of time travel is excluded in the changed world (not yet discovered, for example), then it turns out that we did not move, which means that changes did not occur and it is simply impossible to change the past.
Such arguments are funny))) This is the removal of the brain.

do not forget about the nature of time as a conventional unit of measurement introduced by man for convenience.
Units of time are conditional, as well as measures and kilograms and all other units.
The degree Celsius is relative, but not the temperature it defines. As for time, it's not so simple either. They say that time is not a constant, but relative. It is not something abstract, but the relation of one event to another. This means that it is theoretically possible to change this ratio. For example, with the help of a huge difference in speed...

Revolution_ bring up the ROCK
You can't. I know that you PGshnki, as it were, do not take into account the most important thing - God. He won't let people do it. That's all
But I consider God. I agree, it would be stupid to give a person the potential of this endless irresponsibility :R

Fox
I meant that you can "move" ONLY in your body.
What does consciousness transfer have to do with this topic?

T
Threat to Society 23.04.22

A.Soldier of Light

Surely then there is a certain time bar that determines the possibility of the formation of a new universe. Well, for example, one microsecond? ...

It should be, but it should be much less. Although... Then, with the alternative movement of microparticles, new space-time lines would be stamped. Well, in this case, this value is obviously not so small, yes. Now this is a very difficult question.

What degree of change is needed to create an alternate universe?

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

A.Soldier of Light

And such that I a little promoted the 2nd version from the first post of this topic.

A

MetalEagle How
to measure this degree? I don't see the criteria.

Fox
Unwind again, but more clearly.

J
Jarro 23.04.22

super, Trolling Mode Activated chtol? Well, you can just talk here, and not stupidly flood, troll and flame?

A
Arigo 23.04.22

The author left for you!

N
Nouarlathotep 23.04.22

A.Soldier of Light

Are you kidding? =)

d
dripter 23.04.22

Oh it would be true

w
wild rider 23.04.22

It seems to me that even if it is possible to travel to the past, we will not change anything there to change the present. Those. the past has already been fixed, and even if someone wants to change some event, nothing will come of it through a chain of accidents. 3 people arrived from the future, which means that in the future 3 people will be sent to the past (no more, no less), respectively. People will think that since they flew into the past, it means they violated history, although the opposite is true: any change will still lead to the present that we know, excluding any parallel universes, etc. That's in theory, but in practice...

i
iXBT 23.04.22

aftorrrr che kurill?

B
Biscop_moo 23.04.22

parallel space-time line. Imagine how many of them...
Their infinity. Now I can not send this post to the forum and some conditional Vasya Pupkin will not answer it. He leaves the house and gets hit by a car. But I will send this post, he will answer, he will spend a minute - another, and that car has already passed a long time ago, when he is still only on the road. Here are two branches.

What bullshit. What does "the future has not come" mean? For me 5 minutes ago, I am the future. What happens if I don't exist?
No nonsense. Relative to yourself in the past, you do not exist now. Otherwise, five minutes ago, you would have been sitting next to yourself, aged by 5 minutes.
wild rider
There is no practice and never will be. Even if scientists invent a time machine in some unbelievable way, then I see several options:
1) The scientists themselves will destroy their works, realizing the threat of this crap for themselves and humanity.
2) The development will be taken over by those who stand above all. No, not presidents and ministers. And that bunch of people who know everything and move the pieces on the chessboard, and all the pieces down to one are pawns. And the scientists will be removed.
3) If those who stand above everyone else do not exist, then the special services of the state come into play and all the resulting political intrigues and stamps "top secret". Scientists are either harnessed to modernize the machine, or they are removed.
4) Higher powers, be it God or aliens, will not let us realize ideas with the help of this thing. Well, that's it, fantasy.

G
GTAman 23.04.22

So, you returned to the past (-1 million years) and destroyed all the monkeys, which prevented the emergence of humanity and did not disappear, because you are physically there. But if we return to the future (2030), then humanity will no longer exist. If you go back a little earlier (-1 million years -1 min), then there will be monkeys, and it turns out that you can wait until you appear before your eyes (-1 million years) and try to kill the monkeys. If you wait and watch you kill the monkeys, you'll soon see yourself disappear before your very eyes, transported back to the future (2030). If you move back into the past and stop yourself from the genocide of monkeys (-1 million years -2 min), then a problem will arise: you have already destroyed the monkeys, you saw it from the outside and prevented it, and you remember all this (the first personality of the restored continuum, physically you ), although you can't after all, you didn’t do this, and then you should only remember how you moved into the past and you stopped yourself from genocide (this will be the second person of the restored continuum, not physically you), and the third person who saw how you stopped yourself. So, in the normal branch of reality, personality 1 (you) exists simultaneously, in the distorted by the genocide (second branch) 1 (you), in the distorted return to the genocide (third branch) 1 (you) and 2 (not you), in the restored (fourth branch) branch) 1(you), 2(not you) and 3(not you), and here three individuals will not miss each other on the branches, as they will be locked by the restoration of events. And where do all three go? So, in the normal branch of reality, personality 1 (you) exists simultaneously, in the distorted by the genocide (second branch) 1 (you), in the distorted return to the genocide (third branch) 1 (you) and 2 (not you), in the restored (fourth branch) branch) 1(you), 2(not you) and 3(not you), and here three individuals will not miss each other on the branches, as they will be locked by the restoration of events. And where do all three go? So, in the normal branch of reality, personality 1 (you) exists simultaneously, in the distorted by the genocide (second branch) 1 (you), in the distorted return to the genocide (third branch) 1 (you) and 2 (not you), in the restored (fourth branch) branch) 1(you), 2(not you) and 3(not you), and here three individuals will not miss each other on the branches, as they will be locked by the restoration of events. And where do all three go?

G
GTAman 23.04.22

Episcop_moo [return], you and others like you with a slave mindset are pretty common. "This is not and will not be, because someone is cooler, knows how to do it and will decide and do everything for us."

A

Oh well done! Scientist :) Explained.

So, you went back in time (-1 million years) and destroyed all the monkeys
. And then God killed you and laughed and restored the entire population of monkeys. And then he killed you again... in a million years =)

And what to do with all three of them?
In the toilet. And soak them there. And you at the same time, so as not to sell us this nonsense here)

m
masha 23.04.22

Time doesn't exist.

T
The Immortal Emperor of M 23.04.22

According to the basic laws of the flow of Time, any changes made by a non-Keeper are compensated. To be more precise, we are already living in the consequences that will be, and nothing will change. The fact that it is possible to change the present or later past by changing the past is just a primitive materialist theory ...

J
Just another User 23.04.22

It is not possible to move in time, and because of the danger, it is better not to master it, even if it is theoretically possible to change the space-time consultations, this is fraught with dangerous consequences.
I’m wondering, but will everyone who changes the past have their own, personal parallel world or will house be created for everyone in one parallel reality?

G
Grunge_Girl 23.04.22

time travel is impossible, even theoretically, but nonetheless ... except perhaps after death, if reincarnation exists.