3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shimuto 19.11.19 03:34 pm

Problems with the shadows [PC] (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Is everyone or just me? Tested the different graphics settings all the same. On the screenshot you can see the square where the shadows are high quality and everything on low. But it was incredibly close and when the game is annoying as shadows right in front of you change. If you use shadow mode from NVIDIA that is much smaller. but the shadow fuzzy.
152 Comments
Sort by:
T
Thorgal 19.11.19

Here best seen the problem. The shadow of the mesh netting. In the rectangle next to the character clearly. A couple of meters away the soap. Graphics settings high. The shadows are soft. Quite clearly due to what rocky has optimized the game. Shadows sacrificed.

S
SilenceITE 19.11.19

The shadows are drawn just a meter away from the character, before such did not notice, but went to AC:U if you look at it too, such is the case. Someone helps PCSS and visually becomes easier, but not me. Shadows are drawn at a distance from the character, not everywhere:

Can now record another video in the city with PCSS

Ah Yes, the i5 3470, gtx 970, 4+4 1600 RAM, hard normal, the problems with uploading textures themselves have not seen. Fire wood last under the GTA.

v
vanoz13 19.11.19

SilenceITE
Same garbage, everything is on max, everything is going fine, but the shadow.. as if the square is formed and goes in front of the character. The system I have the exact same, only percents i5 4690. Maybe someone knows the problem and solution?

S
SilenceITE 19.11.19

vanoz13
A square with a regular soft? It's kind of like a feature such fashionable.. And how do you Epidiascope shadows?

A few minutes burst into a video which clearly shows my problem with them..

And by the way, the penultimate patch. Which crashes upon entering the shelter the enemy.

R
RedDiezeL 19.11.19

Guys what is this? How to deal with it? The shadows are on the PTS. high, the length of the shadow is at maximum
And this around town everywhere
Set different settings of soft shadows, the effect is the same, high quality shadow is drawn only three feet away from me

r
raw058 19.11.19

RedDiezeL
The same garbage you case limits apparently memory does not exceed?

R
RedDiezeL 19.11.19

raw058
no not exceed

r
raw058 19.11.19

RedDiezeL
It is strange I have sinned in privyshenie 300 megabytes.Although other gigs card it's on 1900 clocked settings and it is not observed.I don't know.Want to try a ssd drive to take a bet on this game might not be that

v
vanoz13 19.11.19

SilenceITE
Shadow NVIDIA what is not clear or something like that crumble. Put on the softest, visually of course it is better (again in my opinion), but the square passing in front of a Persian is a little annoying. Although, they say so at all, and overall performance improvements have been made at the expense of the shadows. Something like this, I don't know. At the office. the website NVIDIA has released the manual for details all parameters, but there is English. language, and a lot of information.

C
Cryptor 19.11.19

I experimented with the shadows and the goal was to obtain best quality shadows in the game with the minimum effect distance of drawing of detail of shadows. So when not playing was evident when a few meters from the GG shadows change details.

In General settings are:

1. Shadow quality - VERY HIGH
2. The softness of the shadows - MAX. GENTLY
3. Long shadows off and the slider to the long shadows on low.

p.s. Get high quality shadows and change of detail at a distance is not noticeable, not evident.

S
SilenceITE 19.11.19

vanoz13
This square is just infuriating)

Cryptor
Must be useful advice, thank you, view.

But all the same, who knows about the shadows from NVIDIA specifically at me? In the video above they are drawn only 100 meters from the character, the same is not correct! The shadow increases on the vacant lot where she had nowhere to take blacks out of the building from the sun. Where to dig? How many watched video on YouTube with his 970 - no one had ever seen.

Firewood for clean set, not much else did. Where to dig, prompt please) the Game will reset, if that could be the problem..

R
Rositiv 19.11.19

I go I am on the main forum page, and there are some flat threads about Grand Theft Auto 5. People go insane...

m
makarek2009 19.11.19

I have the shadows from nvidia this crap

R
Rositiv 19.11.19

makarek2009
The green shade cal complete, set by AMD.

S
ShARIKOV POLIGRAF POLIGRA 19.11.19

The problem with the shadows on direct 10 1 teeth shade tolerant but looks ugly 1920-1080 config in the profile try to include 11 direct makes zero difference-can someone tell me how to fix

H
Heksenpey 19.11.19

SHARIKOV POLIGRAF POLIGRAFOVICH
teeth, do you have the pixels, it helps soften shadows and increasing the smoothing, and these parameters take part of the resource, and not a small

S

soft shadows are antialiasing 16x everything on high except textures

D
Dimchik94 19.11.19

try to put long shadow and length of shadows on the maximum. (my so called settings)

S

included a sense that

N
Nikita507 19.11.19

don't lie there is no such smoothing