3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shimuto 19.11.19 03:34 pm

Problems with the shadows [PC] (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Is everyone or just me? Tested the different graphics settings all the same. On the screenshot you can see the square where the shadows are high quality and everything on low. But it was incredibly close and when the game is annoying as shadows right in front of you change. If you use shadow mode from NVIDIA that is much smaller. but the shadow fuzzy.
152 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rorschach1986 19.11.19

Gogerman
On consoles this game worse

G
GregorusFokin 19.11.19

But GP does not ship much.

C
Cryptor 19.11.19

Wordingofspay
I think they have screenshots rendered. Too beautiful for them to play, ideal, smoothing, etc. In short it is NVIDIA, don't believe what I see. The screenshots players game scarier.)) and NVIDIA sweetie... Yes the render is oipt.

m
mxmsauron 19.11.19

Maybe someone can help..
Fix drawing of SHADOWS.
(when under the feet of the shadows clear, and after a few meters sharply blurred)
To fix the LOD shadow, change the settings in the file settings.xml (located in Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA V)
After the equals sign (=) in the settings Shadow_SplitZStart value and Shadow_SplitZEnd value write 1.000000 />

G
Grandshot 19.11.19

I have a rectangle also appears from time to time, the shadows do not become clearer or anything else. And looks just like a contoured rectangular shadow is projected onto everything, even the vehicles and characters in the commercials. So, it seems from models of video cards depends.

s
sattium 19.11.19

gta 780 ti was no such problem noticed...

t
trashinside 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
On my old card everything is fine, but she pulled only the minimal salary. Bought a new, more powerful, there was a pixel grid on the grass, buildings, poles, trees...regardless of whether minimum or maximum speed. So here it is just the same in the bad optimization of the game for a certain graphics card. With this problem as I have faced many players with a fairly powerful graphics cards. The solution to this problem and no, alas. You have to play.

s
smile437 19.11.19

This is not a problem, only happens when you drive under a certain angle the shadow of the machine partially or completely disappears
ati r9 280x crossfirex

f
fianger 19.11.19

mxmsauron
Thanks for help, now the shadows as shadows, even better sensitive,but not worse still does.

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

trashinside
I've never noticed this, maybe it came after the last patch, until I read on the forum about this issue and not tried to dig into the settings of this fiction, but when looked at screenshots of the problem, I found that I have the same thing, well that is with the shadows all right, but there was something else, when the grass drive, and not just the grass from under the car disappears and spreads out to the sides, i.e. the sides of the machine, especially noticeable in rear, how to be a machine in an invisible bubble, and he pushes her in the grass... waiting for patches and new wood!

t
trashinside 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
Literally 2 days ago, too, saw that shit with raspolzayas grass from under the car.
Now I think the game re-install, MB will help.
By the way, do you have script hook and the trainer installed? And then the last time they sin...maybe because of them, this grid of pixel?

m
mister611 19.11.19

Before this bug was not met and now the special has run on the map under different shadows, changing the appearance of the display - no square no. I use AMD, all the existing settings of the shadows - on PTS. high soft shadowAMD CHS, Long shadow and the shadow of high-resolution on driver 15.4 beta (latest).
Now go check the grass under the car ))

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

trashinside
no set, not even quite sure what it is, I have a clean game (license), it's not wise, only yesterday put the shadows from NVIDIA and msaa and appeared pixels on the grass and the grass got out from under the cars, still a few days before that, probably after the last update, lampposts and fences in the distance began to crumble in the rare squares in the beginning when I bought the game (20th) everything was fine, any of the listed problems I had.

and the shadows in the distance, too unclear and in the ladder, but the square around the character, no

Y
YasinPen 19.11.19

there are no such problems.

m
mister611 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
Try the driver reinstall, confirm - no bugs - no shadows, no grass (just checked the spec, thought did not notice). The updates have nothing to do with (the license). Maybe you card does not pull a normal shadow ? If the one in the profile.

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

mister611
it is necessary to try...

N
Nikita_Aleksandrovich 19.11.19

Wordingofspay
Lol, even on konsolkah the shadows then appear. The PC experience.
P. S. but seriously - this is not a bug. So the range of propriate shadows in the game. Nothing can be done. At least 4 of the Titan you will have to stand - the shade next draw will not. And anyone who says that they have not and this is a first - brazen liars.

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

Nikitaki
another GTX970 shadows exposed to the max+are high-quality shadows in advanced settings, everything is drawn far enough and looks nice

N
Nikita_Aleksandrovich 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
Proof, please.

D
Destroyer_26 19.11.19

The exact same crap with shadows.If I am not mistaken,after a certain patch this garbage appeared.Those who write that they have all the rules is full of bullshit