3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shimuto 19.11.19 03:34 pm

Problems with the shadows [PC] (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Is everyone or just me? Tested the different graphics settings all the same. On the screenshot you can see the square where the shadows are high quality and everything on low. But it was incredibly close and when the game is annoying as shadows right in front of you change. If you use shadow mode from NVIDIA that is much smaller. but the shadow fuzzy.
152 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nikita_Aleksandrovich 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
I can profnet, for example. The author of the post do not need to worry at all about that, such a feature of the game. Yeah, hurts your eyes, but still.
Screen:
Spoiler
Video: the exact time - 0:50 - 1:00
Spoiler
So the author does not wish to experience, and all the others who have such no - to lie less.

W
Wordingofspay 19.11.19

Damn clever 15 year old good to repeat the same thing crank up everything to maximum, I'm not you! tried already on a miscellaneous tried everything, I just asked when will be fixed or who knows how to fight? and how do you always include your brain Honed in on mail.ru tambourine and stupidity. This is ESPECIALLY FOR YOU MY VIDEO, ALL ON MAXIMUM with different shades!!!

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

Wordingofspay what kind of video card? what Windows? can only advise to reinstall Windows and GTA, or wait for patches and new wood, someone here wrote that it is not in patches and not in the wood, maybe he's wrong when fixed.. no one can ever know, because officially the problem does not exist, and only some users here on these here forums suffer from this. just have to wait, so for example in GTA4 personally, I still wheel on the grass transparent when going through them are visible traces of wheels on the grass, it appeared after the last of the patch, and still, GTA 5 is still polished and long to be polished. what is happening is clearly some bugs and crashes the graphics engine of the game..

A
Aleksandr Kozlov Evgenevi 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
I noticed this Problem just going into this topic, I probably already slepovat, played 100 + hours and never noticed this))

W
Wordingofspay 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
Mentioned gtx 970, and this problem for many, and RESET will not help, again twenty-five.

Okay let's close this topic and forget the past.

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

Yes, the theme is not necessary to close, that leaves the patches or firewood to none and see if it changes.
Alexander Kozlov E.
I also recently noticed, and as I wrote, most likely all the bugs have gone after the latest patches..

W
Wordingofspay 19.11.19

DeLaKoren
No it was from the very first patchy was just waiting for the suddenly correct.

D
DeLaKoren 19.11.19

Wordingofspay
well then, strangely, I was not, definitely not, but in the last few days noticed that the smoothing in the distance as if that doesn't work, then went here and saw the screens with squares, climb in the settings, tried different options, and I already have everything except the square beyond the limits of which zamylivaetsya the shadows, but most likely I have the same square and have it all, but it is much more, but some this so-called tool view distance is responsible for the drawing of shadows for some reason has lost and now the area of the active drawing shadows is minimal.

Wordingofspay
Looked at now sat half an hour these shadows in clear weather at different angles. the square is, and I like a little more, but I have 1680x1050, perhaps because of this, square is not as noticeable as in the video posted here, and I think I understand why the shadows I stand on PTS is high, but where you can choose the type of shadows, I have not max softly and just soft the first option after dramatically , so for maximum softness and the shadows of nvidii, the shade is very transparent and of themselves sort of blurry, and this is by square, they are very much zamylivaetsya. try to put a sharp or a first degree of softness and look, should not so much to smear.

b
bandicoot59 19.11.19

Cryptor
Thank you

N
N-sky 19.11.19

Cryptor
I think they have screenshots rendered. Too beautiful for them to play, ideal, smoothing, etc. In short it is NVIDIA, don't believe what I see. The screenshots players game scarier.)) and NVIDIA candy...

Wordingofspay
I recommend to set the following parameters:
Shadow quality - Very high | Soft shadows - stark | Shadows high resolution on

Compare the quality of the display of shadows at different parameters
Test 1Качество shadows - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high-resolution - off

Shadow quality - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high resolution on

Shadow quality - Very high | Soft shadows - stark | Shadows high-resolution - off

Test 2Качество shadows - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high-resolution - off

Shadow quality - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high resolution on

Shadow quality - Very high | Soft shadows - stark | Shadows high-resolution - off

Test 3Качество shadows - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high-resolution - off

Test 4Качество shadows - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high-resolution - off

Test 5
Shadow quality - Very high | Soft shadows - Max. soft | Shadows high-resolution - off

K
KingBaby 19.11.19

can these problems with the shadows because of the last drivers of ATI ? or NVIDIA .. tipo adapted specifically for the GTA ... someone put the others ?

S
SAHR 19.11.19

Spoiler

and Yes I have done all that is connected with steamy to the max

Y
Yura Ismailov 19.11.19

you may want pokapatsya in the settings application performance graphics card.

F
FoggyStar 19.11.19

Put soft shadows, and the rest is on low.
Or Vice versa.
Some of this work.

K
KingBaby 19.11.19

helped me the following settings - sharp shadows , very high shadows , the range of shadows on the drawing of shadows that there ... on and on the slider to max, 40-60 fps the shadow of the bomb...

S
SAHR 19.11.19

KingBaby
tried it helps but not much

B
Balda716 19.11.19

Yes, there is only the shadow squares, there is also graffiti on the walls like in Doom or Duke of the 90s, blah...
And at all settings. I have a question: and what is so heavy in content that this game has 65Гб? Or here as in Cubase - the basic weight of this protective code from the pirates.

K
KingBaby 19.11.19

SAHR
I was watching streamers on twitch , so there is 90% so ugly shadows ... even as it became easier xDD

G
Goroooo001 19.11.19

No shadows from headlights from GG at all?

W
Wordingofspay 19.11.19

Goroooo001
Yes, unfortunately a dynamic and high beam are activated only when entering the transport if you go out you will see that the light was two times less and became static, as all the cars in 4-ke it was OK then why did I not know BUT is very annoying((( Waiting for mods!