3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tatunserg 04.05.22 11:08 pm

4k TV and games in 1080p

Comrades experts, I have a "problem": I have a 4k TV set, a PC is connected. Video card 1660 super. It is clear that she does not pull out new games in 4k60. I can't play at 30fps. Reducing the game's resolution to 2k looks tolerable enough. But some have to be reduced to 1080p. And this is horror, the picture is pixelated very strongly. Tried to poke around in the settings of the telly, but did not achieve any sense.
Perhaps something can be done through the Nvidia panel or Nvidia Experience, there is a lot of garbage and I really didn’t figure it out. Does anyone understand this kind of thing? How to set up so that the picture is not so disgusting.
98 Comments
Sort by:
l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

tatunserg
I have been tormenting everything and everything there for almost twenty years, picking and disassembling, setting the most impressive parameters for myself and I can say for sure that alas, it will not work to set up a quality picture on a 4k monitor / TV at a resolution of 1080. Too big, bro. You can try to bypass the soap through the settings of Reshades and suites fx-s. But even then at higher resolutions, and you want to get a high-quality picture at a resolution of 1080 on your huge bandura. Here at 2560x1440 you can still try to remove the soap on a large diagonal.
Therefore, I do not want to buy 4k monitors for games. You never know the game will turn out to be some kind of brutally demanding and you will have to reduce the resolution below the recommended screen) For modern games eat too much from the card.

01001000 01101001 04.05.22

tatunserg
tatunserg wrote:
Reducing the game resolution to 2k seems tolerable enough.
This topic is very interesting. I myself want a TV, because inches are a multiple of hertz. can't sit behind them. How many inches do you have and how far apart do you sit? It is very bad if the TV is completely converted to FullHD. I was told that it would be normal (but it depends on the TV, its technical part and the distance at which you sit).
Monitor and TV, slightly different objects, the number of pixels is different. On the TV, because of the diagonal, there are more of them. Therefore, they assured that there the transformation takes place differently. Can a photo show how it really is. I've been chasing this topic for a very long time. And now I think there are more 4k TVs. But it seems better to take 1080p.

tatunserg
tatunserg wrote:
Perhaps something can be done through the Nvidia panel or Nvidia Experience
There is a moment with scaling. DSR does the same. It is necessary through him and his like. Those. DSR and downscaling. Try it. Also available in Windows. Try. It's very interesting to see if it's correct or not. For 4k is a multiple of 2k resolution (ie FUllHD, 2.5k is 2560x....).
Spoiler

This is the problem of nvidia and its implementation of the picture. They are well aware of this. The image shouldn't be so awful, but it happens. There is a bypass trick, but I'm not sure if I found it once - DVI or VGA was used to limit the maximum resolution, which worked and the computer perceived it as FullHD. In general, the image MUST match. use DSR.

R
RicoChico 04.05.22

It helped me to lower the sharpness in the TV settings. Sitting up close is still not very good.

Spoiler
, in fact, there is no difference, it's a matter of pixel density, and everything is the same on a TV, and on monitors, and on phones. more pixels per inch = less visible pixels when zooming in
I played at 1080p on 55" and 65" OLED 4K TVs but I felt the zoom was accurate, I didn't see any issues.
all TVs use upscaling, Here is my samsung 4K QLED has great upscaling, even 480p image looks good, I use it for 1080p desktop and gaming (works much better than 4K with high DPI settings), 1080p looks the same as 4k I can't see difference even close-up.

If nothing helps you, then increase the distance. They say it should be at least 20 feet. I also came across topics with successful scaling of the image on the TV.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

01001000 01101001
43 inches, I sit about a meter away, like in front of a monitor, otherwise there is no immersion in the game. Tried dsr it on the contrary increases the resolution. And by lowering the desktop to 1080p, the image of everything and everyone will be "rough". Might have changed though, we'll have to see.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

tatunserg
Try to test permissions through fsr and dlss. For example, those games where there are these parameters, plus turn on the sharpness. But don't overdo it, because it looks terrible if you turn it up to 100% at low resolution. Might have an eye-patch effect. And one more thing, turn off txaa and fxaa completely, they oil the picture deadly in full hd resolution.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

tatunserg
With dsr, you can not only scale the image up, but also set the parameters for reduction through the nvidia control panel.

tatunserg
By the way, at the expense of smoothing. Did not forget? If it’s not necessary in 4k, then the guys, when switching to FullHD, forget to turn it back on. Check this aspect.

What model of TV do you have. Inches mean nothing. And doesn't DSR work in the opposite direction, scaling down. The whole problem is in this.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

01001000 01101001
At 1080 anti-aliasing only slightly blurs, but does not improve anything

tatunserg
A good TV should convert the picture to a lower resolution. Looks like you're out of luck with the model. And you still haven't shared the model. It’s very interesting what kind of TV is so unlucky and how much it costs. SONY - high-quality iron, should convert well, there is a completely Japanese filling (I'm talking about bravia, but the price tag is appropriate). Samsung QLED is described above. LG also needs to have a good filling and convert.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

01001000 01101001
My Samsung doesn't have upscaling. I do not know the brand, I know the matrix va. Before that, there was aoc 50, there was an improvement, but it didn’t work much. That is, it worked, but the TV's processor did not pull out, and the image slowed down.

P
Pavel Rally 04.05.22

tatunserg
For me personally, two parameters are important: resolution and frame rate, I'm ready to reduce the rest of the settings, as an option for you.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

MOUSE lapwing
Fsr dlss where do I get it from? 1660 super nvidia.

tatunserg
means it's easier to take FullHD TV and don't worry. There doesn't seem to be a miracle. Only top-end TVs are capable of exporting this without question. Although, you still need to check on video cards with the ability to scale. By the way, it is in GeForce Experience:
Spoiler
NVIDIA Image Scaling is called. This option should work for you. It is also a line in the control panel.
tatunserg wrote:
Where do I get Fsr dlss from? 1660 super nvidia.
The bullshit is complete. There is not in all games, which is sad. Selectively play, but here yes, and does not support.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

tatunserg Feet
chickpeas! Here is the head of an ant. After all, yes, the trouble is bottomless, on the tenth series there is no support for dlss. Then it’s generally difficult to understand how 1060 without dlss is still considered popular. Especially if you take uber-demanding projects, such as Redemshen 2, dying light 2. For example, I turn it on everywhere and everywhere, and at any resolution. By the way, have you tried this option?

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

Pavel Rally
In some games you can set very high resolutions! Right. At the same time, reduce the graphics to low / medium parameters, and cover up certain graphical flaws with reshades, sweet fxes and ancels on top. The output will be a juicy picture with a comfortable FPS. Sometimes it is even much better than just playing on ultras.

K
Kartonkratos 04.05.22

tatunserg
Everything can be adjusted so that the quality in full hd is normal! you just need the original 4k resolution, change it to full hd, not in the game, but in the TV settings or through the nvidia control panel, I myself checked and saw how the picture changes, I have a 23-inch full hd monitor and the quality on it in games is good, in short, here is an example I wanted to test the game in 4k, I set this resolution in the control panel, then at 4k on my monitor in this game I set full hd and the picture becomes miserable, and because now the original resolution is 4k and not full hd.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

No, I tried that. Nothing changes in the game, but the desktop and everything else becomes "wretched". Or I misunderstood? The telly shows what the video card sends, you can’t configure anything in it. If the signal is 1080p, then it will show 1 pixel of the game on 4 of its pixels.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

Kartonkratos
I also tried this experiment with a friend!) Most likely you were lucky with the TV model. In the posts above, the maizeman was right that a good TV set should qualitatively convert the picture to a lower resolution. The dude had a Deshman TV, but with 4k. So nothing has changed in the output. And the desktop became dull rough.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Yes, you can set 4k60 on low settings, but for me, it's even worse. Before that, you saw soap, but it was with shadows and other bells and whistles. And so you see a clear, but "bare" picture, it looks like some kind of imperfection.