3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tatunserg 04.05.22 11:08 pm

4k TV and games in 1080p

Comrades experts, I have a "problem": I have a 4k TV set, a PC is connected. Video card 1660 super. It is clear that she does not pull out new games in 4k60. I can't play at 30fps. Reducing the game's resolution to 2k looks tolerable enough. But some have to be reduced to 1080p. And this is horror, the picture is pixelated very strongly. Tried to poke around in the settings of the telly, but did not achieve any sense.
Perhaps something can be done through the Nvidia panel or Nvidia Experience, there is a lot of garbage and I really didn’t figure it out. Does anyone understand this kind of thing? How to set up so that the picture is not so disgusting.
98 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 04.05.22

tatunserg
I know how to solve the problem, buy a new video card! All other perversions are in vain ...

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

tatunserg
Somewhere it is so, but somewhere it is not. Depending on what game and on what engine. Racing Pavel says that it is better to buy a new vidyahu. If there is a possibility, then why not. It all depends on your specific gaming preferences and whether you need it at all.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.05.22

perhaps the TV has a sharpen, which is non-switchable, which was on my TV and greatly spoiled the picture.
and so I generally know how to fix the image clear and pixelated at 1080p in 4k. Nvidia's tama has resolutions somewhere, that is, an image format and there is some kind of full-pixel.
and so I have a 4k monitor and I use it as a full black because it's small on the desktop. at the same time, it’s soapy, but it suits me, and between 4k and 1080p I don’t really see pixels because it’s either soapy or small pixels.
you can look somewhere in the nvidia drivers for adaptive anti-aliasing like fhaa or as a completely strange theoretical way to connect through a convector to something with a low resolution or an old chdimi so that the maximum is full chd 50 Hz and there already try to raise the resolution to a higher resolution in 2k or 900r in 1080 with maximum soap. or search for such more technical devices that upscale a picture from a low resolution to a soapy one.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
NVIDIA Image Scaling
This is the same garbage as just setting the resolution yourself. Just checked. Nothing better.

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
There is a moment with scaling. DSR does the same. It is necessary through him and his like. Those. DSR and downscaling.
I have dsr only for an increase of 1.2 or more. I can't take a screenshot, the dropdown menu disappears.

L
Lex-one 04.05.22

tatunserg
No way, only the card is more powerful.

X
X_ray_83 04.05.22

tatunserg Name the
TV model, TV should not jackal 1080p very much there GPU upscale is worth it!

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

Samsung UE43TU7090U

X
X_ray_83 04.05.22

tatunserg The
difference should not be critical, unless you are a meter away from the TV, but it doesn't work like that!
Crystal Processor 4K, which is very cheap on a TV set, so it's not surprising that it is.

X
X_ray_83 04.05.22

tatunserg
Either it's easier, you set the resolution as in the consoles "2880x1620" or "3200x1600", the difference will not be as wild as in 1080p!

t
tatunserg 04.05.22

In short, I dug into Nvidia Scaling - nothing sensible, I'll have to get used to the muddy crumbly picture.
Advice to gamers who want to buy a 4k display, but do not have an expensive video card - better not! I sometimes regret that I did not buy a fulhd monitor instead of 4k TV, preferring the diagonal.
In old games - without problems 4k pulls, everything is clear. But the new fancy toys look really bad.

G
Grandshot 04.05.22

I'm playing on a 4k monitor with an RTX 2060. In demanding games, I set the resolution to 1440p. The picture is quite satisfactory. Now, in detail, it seems to me even better than on the last 1080p 24 inch monitor. I am glad that the pixel grid is not visible at all. And at first it also seemed soapy, but I got used to it quickly enough. There is no desire to return to Full HD.

Therefore, on the contrary, I would advise everyone who is interested, if possible, to see for themselves what 4K is like. Moreover, no one has canceled two weeks for a return. But with the only condition - the video card must more or less pull out 1440p.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

Grandshot It's
better to buy 4k resolution monitors in five or seven years, when you can be sure that the average video card will cope with this resolution at ultras at 60 fps in any game, and the top card even more so and not reduce the resolution below the initially recommended monitor . Now it is extremely dangerous to buy such permits. For you see what super demanding games are coming out.

01001000 01101001 04.05.22

tatunserg
tatunserg wrote:
Advice to gamers who want to buy a 4k display, but do not have an expensive video card - better not!
"Take a high-quality 4k TV or FullHD TV. Inches decide more hertz. Except ONLINE shooters, where response is very important" - I should have written it that way. I’m unlikely to change my TV for a monitor, because I’m used to big and very much, games look amazing on it, especially strategies, where everything is visible to the smallest detail. But now, since I play less and less, I would again take the TV, because movies, browser, and work in programs are very well combined with large screens.
FullHD TVs are still on sale. And take IPS, with a gaming function. Ideally, choose from a table with a minimum response. A good 120Hz IPS TV from LG with a latency of 13 milliseconds, on par with the average gaming monitor.
And the rest of the advice is to check on the spot or within 14 days of work, and the transition from 4k to FullHD, this greatly depends on the TV and its hardware. Don't skimp, the cool gaming TV will be of the level - Sony KD43X81JR on IPS with Japanese hardware (for 80k scars). Minimum IPS LG 43UP75006LF, 60Hz. You can FullHD - LG 43LM5777PLC
And the image through the processor should be scaled and the game mode (in which the imput lag is significantly reduced).
You quickly get used to the big, but you really don’t want to switch to the small. It's either a new card or a normal TV.

Who is interested in the iconic thing, I finally found: OLED TV LG OLED48CXRLA !!! 120Hz, IPS, G-SYNK!!!! excellent upscaling from 4k to FullHD (excellent percent). The top thing, take only this one and no monitors will deliver such a buzz. Feature: viewing content in any resolution, and the TV will scale it and quite qualitatively, which the monitor is not capable of. A monitor for games, a TV is now universal, and even if 1080p on a 2.5k monitor looks soapy, then on a 4k TV there is no question at all!
MOSHIVURII chibis wrote:
If I am offered a 22d Fulk monitor with 360 hertz, against 4k with inches, even if it is under a hundred, then I, as an avid gamer, without thinking, will immediately choose the first vario.
Fell on the couch for LG OLED48CXRLA - soft, comfortable, play, enjoy. You play royally, enjoy yourself, and do not stare at a little monique. This is the real game world. Pure IMHO. You have to sit behind this to understand it. It just so happened that PC monitors. And people, especially those who have not been sitting behind such a thing, will never realize the opposite. It's a pity ... But it's worth a try, you won't tear it off by the ears. But you need a good gaming TV, from 100k the price of the issue.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

tatunserg
Therefore, the option is this: Either take a high-performance card, or a monitor with a high hertz, and not with a high resolution. Hertz decides. Especially in online battles. Yes, even on the desktop, the ghosting feels much more mouse-like with any moves, and even more so in games. I had a mon with 60 and 75 hertz. Take, or 240, or 360 GHz. And you will immediately understand that going back to 60 hertz is hell) Immediately start some kind of joker and welcome to heaven) But still, do not forget to change the map in the near future. If they offer me a 22d Fulka monitor with 360 hertz, against 4k with inches, even if it’s under a hundred, then I, as an avid gamer, will immediately choose the first variant without thinking.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

01001000 01101001
You need to sit at the computer, and preferably evenly, and not lie down. When you lie at the computer, your back hurts. I have a new computer chair that can fold out and becomes like a bed and a footstool with it. I realize this moment only when I watch football. And for a hundred it’s better not to buy a TV set, but 3070
Ti /

lapwing mouse
That's what you gave rubbish with a lousy chill as a recommendation. It is not for nothing that it is cheaper than the rest, these are often in stock and take them the latest. I sat looking for a normal map, and then an average one, but a topchik, so that the silence and tempra are high, and it was possible to sell for two times. But 3 years of a guarantee and in mining it, raising money is better than stocking up on TVs, that’s right. A good, high-quality monitor also costs 40k-50k. I do not recommend the author, but in general, who will get on this topic. And then I made requests, and there are topics, but there are not enough quality answers, it’s clearer here. Everything is clear from looking at the map. The same TV could be chosen better for the same money, but on IPS. It is clear that those who have money and norms will buy a card and do not skimp on a gaming TV. Not so expensive, but the thing is chic, I put the computer as a console, and claudia the mouse to myself, but on the sofa.
On a good sofa, no back will hurt, this is called royal gaming. And that chair, like some kind of serf, came to work or something. you need to get high for games, I personally do that.
Here it is:

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

01001000 01101001
Normal card. Many have these. But with the card that you cited as an example, there were often problems with power circuits. As for sitting up straight, it plays better than lying down. If you play lying down, then the skill is lost and it is not realistic to concentrate. Especially when playing online.

MOUSE lapwing
It's funny, I don't know a single owner, as I don't know a single recommendation, the reviews are the same. A wonderful coincidence, as soon as I threw the screen, PALIT appeared in the group of iron collectors with a proposal - "take the fools" while there is. Right now they will disassemble them, and the giga will stand. OK.
I wanted monitors, norms of Monica - take Samsung Odyssey G7 C32G75TQSI, top thing or LG 32GP850-B. Perhaps the two best monitors on the market, available. Perhaps, and the diagonal, and the resolution, and the matrix, contrast, the number of pixels per inch. Oh damn... expensive top toys. That would be nice to own. Philips 245E1S at least watch.
As for the author, he is FullHD, 144Hz, 24 inches, for example AOC 24g2 / GIGABYTE G24F. Norm monitor for an acceptable amount.

l
lapwing mouse 04.05.22

01001000 01101001
Last summer, namely at the beginning, I came across more than once on overs that the owners of this series had big troubles with food chains. But I will say more. When I bought 3090 and the choice fell on just such a series, the consultant dissuaded me so robustly. Coincidence? I don't think.