3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vvvvd 26.07.22 12:21 am

Optimization (Stray)

Damp toy, terribly lags in places.
Proc Intel Core i5-11500
Vidyuha AMD Radeon RX 6600, 8 GB
the rest is in the profile.
PS I switched to SSD-lags disappeared.
93 Comments
Sort by:
f
fundamentalist 26.07.22

Vvvvd
The ssd doesn't affect anything, the i9 10900k-32GB-3090 Ti computer, the game is on the ssd, the fps is under 200, but what's the point, constantly freezes when moving, with drawdowns up to 150 from 200 and at this moment the picture twitches into shares seconds

l
lapwing mouse 26.07.22

Fundamentalist
Ssd helps a lot in loading the game itself and loading the save where you left off earlier (especially Waha and Waha 2 total war) and also gives a breath of new life to old pitches, especially laptops, and copying information. That's all. Kota has not yet checked, later I will look at what is there with optimization. Can you make a video test to clearly understand what kind of twitches are there?

A
Alexey Sviridov 26.07.22

Why does the gamepad not see the game?

A
ALEX7436 26.07.22

Please tell me. My video memory is only 7% loaded (card 970) ... Is this normal? All settings at the height

c
cheezette 26.07.22

fundamentalist
I also didn’t notice the difference on the SSD, it’s also microfreeze) The SSD is new, I bought it yesterday (NVMe), I’m suitable for the minimum salary

W
Wadimka93 26.07.22

cheezette
The same garbage - microfreezes. Playing on UE4 is interesting...

f
fundamentalist 26.07.22

MOUSE LAWN
Microfreezes during autosave, sometimes just appear out of the blue, are expressed in a sharp drawdown for a couple of frames, while the picture classically shudders for a split second. At the same time, it doesn’t matter what fps, and at 60 it locked, froze, and at 200-300 fps the same thing, the crooked U4 dviglo, as usual, in all its glory, except for the gears on it, I don’t remember a single game that would work without friezes. It's scary to imagine what awaits the game at u5. And I repeat once again, the game is installed on the Samsung M2 970 EVO, there is no use in it, it freezes anyway, the developers have already recognized problems in the PC version related to the compilation of shaders, due to the fact that it slows down, and freezes periodically on level place. How can you mess up in a corridor game, with loading textures, it's incomprehensible to the mind. And when there will be a patch that fixes this obscenity, it is not known.

c
cheezette 26.07.22

Wadimka93
In theory, it is this engine that is used. Looks like there was not enough money for testers))

f
fundamentalist 26.07.22

cheezette
because it's not in the hardware, if I don't limit the fps, it often flies over 300, and what's the point, it's still the same friezes, but the game is also on m2 ssd sumsung 970 evo. There is a problem with shaders, and loading textures, they are slowly unloaded by the engine, which is why these microstutters + autosave occur, lured, at every step, it also causes a drawdown

f
fundamentalist 26.07.22

cheezette
U4 - freezes always and everywhere, except gears 5, I don’t remember a game on it that would not load, freeze or lag

l
lapwing mouse 26.07.22

fundamentalist
Wadimka93
Checked. Yes, it seems to be the norm. I did not notice anything so terrible with regards to the statters. I don't have a face, but a repack from FitGirl.
At the very red cat lives. Together with him we passed at the table, I played, and he watched) He especially liked it when the computer cat makes sounds) Such a game needs to be replayed many times. Stray, 5 points out of five! Fly game! I ran it from the HDD, you can see it in the video from the very beginning. And in what specific location are the statters? I only played 35 minutes. Do they come out right away or later? The only thing I noticed is the low core frequency of the video card. Tried in different resolutions and still only 1755-1770 mhz. Other games don't come close to that.

l
lapwing mouse 26.07.22

fundamentalist
I forgot to say that the drivers are not the last ones. For May.

N
Nikita Drozdov 26.07.22

I thought it was just me

R
RubickDX 26.07.22

xeon 2650v3, rtx 3070ti, 24gb ram, nvme game. There are no friezes, but sometimes there is a drop in FPS during sharp turns and running. Riva tuner does not work, so I did not measure the FPS exactly. resolution 4k

01001000 01101001 26.07.22

For those suffering from staters - compiling shaders causes staters in Stray and this is a common problem with games built with Unreal Engine 4 (Shader compilation is when a game takes all the human code that goes into shaders and compiles it into code , which can be read by your graphics card).
"The team is planning to release a post-launch patch to fix a number of issues. They hope to be able to address this at the time if possible."
Things to do:
- Look for general tips and tricks for this engine. One of them is to enable shader caching in nvidia, for example (it helped me);
- Update the driver to the latest version;
- Limit the frame rate and do not send free swimming (50-60);

fundamentalist wrote:
U4 - freezes always and everywhere, except for gears 5
and Days Gone. Great optimization!

MOSHIVURII lapwing wrote:
Ssd helps a lot in loading the game itself and loading the save. That's all
. Again, I lost the logical chain, Boozer. It processes several requests at the same time, which the HDD cannot, in a fraction of a second it adjusts the data in the loading world. You contradict yourself (for some reason, the save loads quickly, but there is no open world data during the game. Mystery). It also helps in silence and size. At least you would have guessed. It helps a lot in cyberpunk (with a disk overloaded with requests), as well as in horizonzen, days gon and other games. so I didn’t take a single adequate test comparable to mine. ARK by the way, the same UE4.
Spoiler
And yes, even where he turned out to be right, he will not help with the UE4 engine. You need to start by enabling the shader cache, which for some reason you did not advise anyone, but turned it on yourself. Helped me in some projects.
MOUSE CHIBIS wrote:
I tried it in different resolutions and still only 1755-1770 mhz
He seems to start to guess that different game projects load the system in different ways (and there, oh horror - memory, graphics core, fans, backlight in total give a numerical value , and that's what cards with good cooling are good for - they have higher limits from the factory. Downvolt is alien to you. INCREDIBLE!). Power consumption, if not temperatures. The graphic chip flies off first in terms of frequencies. Downvolt up to 1000-950 (minus 40-50 watts) millivolts or raise the limits (if there is where). Finally, display the power consumption of the video card.
He also collects computers for someone from the junk at hand. Horror is simple. And then these come to us - help disperse the trashy memory, help to downvolt, the temperatures are high ...

T
TopPCGamer 26.07.22

Wadimka93 wrote:
The game on UE4 is interesting...
yes
Wadimka93 wrote:
The same garbage - microfreezes.
fundamentalist wrote:
U4 freezes anytime, anywhere,
01001000 01101001 wrote:
For those suffering from stutters - compiling shaders causes stutters in Stray and this is a common problem with games built on Unreal Engine 4
Agree, stutters are a problem for many projects, built on UE4, although in general the engine is good and allows you to do smart projects on it. Not all game developers know how to properly adapt it to their project.

T
TopPCGamer 26.07.22

MOSHIVURII lapwing wrote:
Tried in different resolutions and still only 1755-1770 mhz.
So the focus is on power consumption and the driver starts to dynamically reduce the frequency of the video chip

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

01001000 01101001
I also turned on the vertical and play at 60 fps, so the video card almost seems to work in idle time, with temperatures from 34-36 to 40-43 degrees it shows the maximum! just why why in this game above 60fps, I can even play it with 30 frames! and in 60 frames, even hit the gamepad

01001000 01101001 26.07.22

Kartonkratos
Kartonkratos wrote:
I also turned on the vertical and play at 60 fps .
What is the result, friend? Did you have staters on your computer? And did such a feint help? Just a fundamentalist with 200fps, and go old without a DRAM buffer SSD that can't keep up with data for 200fps in game. There is also such an option. By the way, GTA5, recently tested, the same with FPS over 140 frames, stater. It could be a feature of the engine. Locked on 140 - the question disappeared.
Kartonkratos wrote:
and in 60 frames, even hit the gamepad
. I believe that frame lock helped.
Kartonkratos wrote:
just why why in this game above 60fps
Well, how can you not boast of fps-icami. It won't matter who has more.

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

01001000 01101001
Yes, I didn’t notice anything so critical when locking frames!