3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IgorX 20.08.22 11:54 pm

Discovery of America in Medieval 2: Total War

Didn't the presence of the Aztecs seem suspicious to you in the customs battle of the jungle?
And the whole of Europe and America was drawn on the box with the disc. I have a suspicion that these are preparations for the first addition.
And how can I open the New World in the game?

117 Comments
Sort by:
M
Makaay 20.08.22

Closer to 1500 should open :)

W
Webwish 20.08.22

Is it necessary to wait for the discovery of America, or is it supposed to be that at the beginning (1080 - 1200) it is impossible to sail towards America, an invisible barrier for the fleet?
This game was not finalized, or my pirate was cut, who knows?

S
Sponge Bob square pants 20.08.22

We need special ships, the third in a row. to do, before that you need to build a SHIPBUILDER, construction takes 6 moves in my opinion, and then you can swim, but it will take a long time to swim, a few years only to CUBA, and Columbus sailed the whole Earth in 3 years (6 moves).

P
Peanut 20.08.22

He himself has not yet reached America, but they say that after about 1400 there will be a beautiful screensaver and it will be possible to build caravels.

M
Makaay 20.08.22

I discovered around 1455. Sail from the Iberian Peninsula to America for about five moves.

a
all LieNd 20.08.22

And what about America? They said that we would fight the Indians, I started, there is no New World on the map at all.

PS Although in the case battle The Aztecs are present.

c
crusader 20.08.22

2 LIT-MSt - write toggle_fow in the console, on the strat map the camera is all the way to the left and you will see the Aztecs
better place they would have done in normal Eastern Europe (with Kievan Rus, Lithuania, etc. ... these were great states, not rebels).

s
supergut 20.08.22

Brothers, what do you want me to do?
Until the year 200, I already have time to develop so well (for Spain) that I am NOT interested in stupidly sitting and waiting for this America to deign to open!
Is it possible to fix this in some file so that it appears in the 100th year?

M
Makaay 20.08.22

Doktor-Mozg
Open the file Medieval II Total War/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_events
At the very bottom, look for the lines world_is_round and replace it with what you need.

s
supergut 20.08.22

Makaay thanks! okay, so now the expeditionary force will be sent to America. :))

F
F-19 20.08.22

In America, the Indians need to be beaten up or will there be civil strife?
Can you fight for the Indians?

M
Makaay 20.08.22

In America, the Indians need to be beaten up or will there be civil strife?
Only Indians, because There are only Aztecs.

Can you fight for the Indians?
No.

G
Glazgow 20.08.22

I play for Spain, I went through a small company (capture 15 regions and survive the death of 2 powers). Now I'm at 120.
I heard that America opens up over time, the question is when?

M
Makaay 20.08.22

Around the 200th move, I don't remember exactly.

S
Sergei_dark_prince 20.08.22

I discovered America myself at move 181. There is such a tiny piece of land and you have to fully explore it. The opportunity to discover America opens around turn 165. Then the map moves apart a little and black areas appear. It also becomes possible to build Dry Docks, where you can hire the coolest ships and sail to America.

W
Webwish 20.08.22

Damn, how much I play, I never reached America in any company.

V
Voltiger 20.08.22

Play for 4 years per turn, maybe then you will have enough patience. And then again, how many years do you need per turn, in order to prolong the pleasure. Although there is nothing particularly interesting: hordes of Indians on the mainland and 3 rebellious villages on the islands. I advise you to take an army in the village if you attack the Indians, and preferably two or three. Having taken their first city, they laid siege to me.

W
Webwish 20.08.22

Voltiger
for four years per turn, the whole company is not interesting to play. And if you play half the company, and change it in the text editor ... will it really work?

G
Griirf 20.08.22

I have America from the 12th move opens!

M
Makaay 20.08.22

And if you play half the company, and change it in the text editor ... will it really work?

Try it, it should work.