3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IgorX 20.08.22 11:54 pm

Discovery of America in Medieval 2: Total War

Didn't the presence of the Aztecs seem suspicious to you in the customs battle of the jungle?
And the whole of Europe and America was drawn on the box with the disc. I have a suspicion that these are preparations for the first addition.
And how can I open the New World in the game?

117 Comments
Sort by:
A
Awl-36 20.08.22

2GrAnd
It is necessary that there are ships of level 3, and sail to the West. With coggs, withers, cannon withers, galleys, battle galleys, dromons, fire dromons, ...............
inside the fleet you can’t swim further than a dacimeter.

G
GrAnd 20.08.22

Thanks, all worked well

b
bone77 20.08.22

I don’t understand something I play for Russia I have 3 types of ships sailed to America with refueling in England I sail on a big ship with guns and they don’t let me into the dark. maybe another boat is needed?

B
Bogdan80 20.08.22

As far as I know from the 3rd level, only the Spaniards and the Portuguese (caravels) swim to America, everyone else should wait for the 4th level.

J
Julii Cohort 20.08.22

Boqdan80 thanks for the tip. I've been trying to sail with ships of the 3rd level for 2 days, but it doesn't work. I thought it was wrong, because there was already a message about a scientific discovery that the earth is round and the map has increased. Do you know how many population is required to go to the fourth level?

B
Bogdan80 20.08.22

2Julii Cohort
It seems like the last level of the city / castle should be, it doesn’t happen anymore, and the population I somehow had in such a captured and cut out city was a little more than 10 thousand.

J
Julii Cohort 20.08.22

I have 25 thousand in the city of the 3rd level, but the buildings of the 4th level do not appear. So eager to get to America and draw up a trade agreement.

E
Emperor of Romans 20.08.22

Can America be unlocked for all factions?

b
bone77 20.08.22

hello! I sailed there with two full armies. the first one was smashed in the jungle right away, there was no chance at all. but the second one I fight back quietly. but all the nearest islands took almost without resistance. right now I'm playing for Spain. but I played for Russia when I got there and there was a shock there were already Spaniards. so right now I decided to play for them. I discovered America in 1444. and when he played for Russia it happened in 1542.

U
User276818 20.08.22

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
put in descr_events
; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
event historic world_is_round
date 172 174
but america didn't open((((((((((( (((
year I have 1256
ZY
even lower there are lines
; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
;TRUE TIME event historic world_is_round
;TRUE TIME date
why they??????

p
petja5 20.08.22

Why HELP? in the 1200s, the current Tatars will come to you. And America will open no earlier than you have the last level of ships. For Russia, this is the 4th. Portugal and Spain seem to be able to get to America on ships of the third level. But not in 1256. And other factions even later. So don't panic, keep playing. And there will be questions - read this section: it is quite enough written here to get to the future Pendostan.

S
Shamrel 20.08.22

little question ... but why did this America give up? why swim there? need to remove several armies from the fronts? WHY????

p
petja5 20.08.22

For the same reason you play at all: for fun. In addition, there is such a resource as gold. Traders make a lot of money from it. But these are details.

D
Dgosser 20.08.22

There is no sense from America by the 200th move. But if you capture them in 50 moves, after the start of the game, you can rake big money on them for about 20,000 resources per turn and you can keep small (cheapest) armies. I've changed the time of their appearance, now I can swim to them from the 11th turn. There is no screensaver but the map is open. In order to open America early, you also need to open gunpowder right away. After all, gunpowder is the 3rd level of ports, and without it you will not build 4. By the way, the number of years per turn is set only once before the start of the campaign, then no matter how you change descr_strat, everything will be the same. Somehow I set 12 years for 1 move, so my game ended after 25 moves. Although I changed the value to 0.5 after the 6th move.

p
petja5 20.08.22

This is true. Somehow I set myself 0.5 per turn, and by 1200 I had already taken 90% of all provinces. In order not to die of boredom, waiting for the Mongols, I had to change the value of the number of years per turn directly in the game save file.

D
Dgosser 20.08.22

topetja5 Please write which line should be changed in the save and how to open it.

p
petja5 20.08.22

To do this, you will need a hex file editor. I can recommend Hex Workshop, but any other will do. Open the saved game file in it. Look for position 3950 (or 0F6E in hexadecimal). There will most likely be one of the following values
​​00 00 00 3F - 0.5 years per turn
00 00 80 3F - 1 year per turn
00 00 00 40 - 2 years per turn
00 00 A0 40 - 5 years/turn
00 00 20 41 - 10 years /move
CD CC CC 3D - 0.1 year/move (this is for special connoisseurs or perverts;) If the cat is offended - call)

So, replace the current value (next 4 positions) with the one you need, save the file, and then load it from the game . Everything - "happiness" should come.

If anyone is interested, then this parameter (the number of years per turn) is stored in the Float 32 format. Naturally, it is inverted, i.e. the first (left) is the low byte, at the end (right) is the high byte. In other words, here you can put a completely arbitrary value that satisfies you. However, if you bet too much, say 1000, I'm afraid the game will end in one move. :)

And one more thing, this is very IMPORTANT!!
Before you start changing the save, be sure to copy it to a separate folder, so that in case of an error (let's say you made a mistake in the position, changed the wrong value and as a result the game refuses to load this save), you can always return the old version of the game... and try again. ;) Unless of course there is a desire.

If something is not clear - write.

N
Nicifor 20.08.22

In general, programmers can not deny a sense of humor. When you play for the Aztecs in a random battle, their leader in the opening speech calls for defeating the infidels. Columbus did not have time to sail to America, but they had already managed to convert them into Islam.

N
NRed 20.08.22

By the way, my Aaztec city turned into a Muslim one, I was surprised to see michet instead of pyramids

m
mabydabal 20.08.22

Here someone wrote that he played for the Spaniards, 'attacked the Americans with the redskins ....', but where and when will they appear or some kind of mod?