3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IgorX 20.08.22 11:54 pm

Discovery of America in Medieval 2: Total War

Didn't the presence of the Aztecs seem suspicious to you in the customs battle of the jungle?
And the whole of Europe and America was drawn on the box with the disc. I have a suspicion that these are preparations for the first addition.
And how can I open the New World in the game?

117 Comments
Sort by:
V
Voltiger 20.08.22

Take a big army there. They have cool warriors, mostly strong.

G
Griirf 20.08.22

In my opinion, their warriors are very bad, but there are a lot of them !!! Example: I brought a medium (12 units) army and began to besiege the city, I had about 1000 soldiers, they have 4000 (with reinforcements) !!! And I won with very few losses!!!

V
Voltiger 20.08.22

They have a good attack, which can not be said about the defense. I play Venice. He brought there an army of the following composition: 9 or 10 warriors with crossbows, 2 Venetian infantry, 2 city guards - cavalry, in general, the balance of power was 900 to 1300 in favor of the Indians. In an open battle in the field, having lost 20-30 people, I defeated them. But in the city everything was different, they immediately rushed at my troops, preventing the crossbowmen from shooting properly. In general, I took the city, but they besieged me with the same army of 1300 soldiers. My army is badly battered, they will probably knock it out now.

M
Makaay 20.08.22

Well, their warriors are bad only because the protection is small, their arrows are knocked down easy.

T
Templar Knight 20.08.22

I do not agree, I now had a battle with them, so they are my knights to pieces !!! devastating defeat! I just underestimated their power. this is how it happens ... on the eve of the new year! By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007! all the best to EVERYONE!!!

V
Voltiger 20.08.22

So we say that it is better to use shooting tactics, especially long-range musketeers. Although, if surrounded, and the knights can handle it.

T
Templar Knight 20.08.22

archers and trebuchets did not help! made up about 1/2 of the detachment, but the forest around the control becomes simply not convenient ...
but you try on the most difficult, with an equal ratio, knights clad in armor die like flies in front of those who are dressed in skins and wave with sticks and stones, that's it think...

V
Voltiger 20.08.22

Yeah, it’s a dead thing to fight in the jungle, I was lucky, I fought in the clearing, I already wrote about this above. But they are quickly whipped by bullets, this cannot be objected to.

T
Templar Knight 20.08.22

I didn’t use muskets ... yet! oh, if it was possible to record a replay, I would show you (in the sense of sending it)

V
Voltiger 20.08.22

It is better to immediately take long-range and attack, if possible, with two armies from the rear and to the front, AI starts rushing about, not daring to attack. So, under crossfire, I laid down 700 Indians with six detachments of Venetian musketeers, not counting the rest of the troops. The main thing is not to get too close. I wonder if the patch fixed this passivity?

P
Pirate_89 20.08.22

and for England it’s generally super to play (for France it’s even better)
against the Aztecs France that its real knights of their units are in a mess ... and everything is in chocolate ...
and against Spain and Portugal England is what you need because. set the peak and wait until their djinnets die so I killed about 8000 Spaniards with losses of 76 people defended a small hill and ALL their cavalry on stakes and died ... and the infantry for 12 squads of Yeoman archers did not trouble ... also with the Mongols

V
Voltiger 20.08.22

Playing as the first factions is not interesting, too easy, and I like to shoot with a roar, and Venice is the best for this. By the way, some strange coast near the American mainland, where the Aztec state is. I wonder why they did that?

W
Webwish 20.08.22

No, honestly. America is so clumsily made, there are no words.
And so, for Denmark I play - tin! True, their campaign is full of glitches. For some reason, real foot knights do not open in their company, and obudashers (like) open almost in the early period, but should in the late. In general, because of such bugs, it becomes stupid to play, but all the same, Denmark is the steering wheel!

D
Dgosser 20.08.22

Advice for everyone to send to America not one but 3 armies at once. Swim from the level of France to the stop, the landing area is generally at the level of Ireland. I myself played for the Scots, I don’t like archers, therefore I gathered detachments of pikemen and added hospitallers to them, for some reason these are being built for me in 10 cities, and in pamplona, ​​in general, max armor and 1 tick of silver experience. In general, all the Aztecs gathered in front of the pikemen and tried to fire at them, while the knights, meanwhile, went in a far arc to their rear. 1 blow and the Aztecs were defeated to smithereens, and since there were not 1 but 4 armies, they ceased to exist very quickly. After the victory over the Aztecs in the medival, there is nothing to do, and the Timurs fought with the Mongols so that both together make up only 20% of my strength, and before their war they were almost one and a half times stronger than me.

v
viper_ku 20.08.22

I play for France, I reached the 1480s, I still can’t land in America - I discovered it a long time ago, I could only land in Cuba. I constantly keep a fleet with an expeditionary army near the Aztec coast, every turn I try to land, but the game does not give .... Maybe someone knows what's the matter?

H
Hornet_M 20.08.22

There, not everywhere you can land only at the gentle coast, but it is there only in a certain place in my opinion in the north ....

D
Darth_Vader 20.08.22

I don’t understand what is difficult in the battle with the Aztecs? They are savages compared to Europe! I now play for France, I sent a general and my prince to America with gendarmes, foot knights, arquebusiers and cannons. He landed, the next move he noticed the Aztecs and attacked. the first battle was easy, but the next one was with the ratio of 3 Indian armies to one of mine. He fought in some tropical thickets, the Aztecs immediately threw them all together. My arquebusers and cannons put to flight about 30% of their army before they even reached me!!! Then he hit the gendarmes in the center of their army, the same effect. When the foot knights entered the battle, there was little left of the Aztec army. So, I have the right to conclude that the Aztecs are relatively weak.

A
Awl-36 20.08.22

Not the Aztecs are cool in strength, but f---nya in defense.
................................................. .............................................
I don't understand : Where is Mexico City located - on the Mexican side, Tenotchitlan = Mexico City, in the game Tenotchitlan just below the Amazon River.

A
Awl-36 20.08.22

Need proof - just ask.

G
GrAnd 20.08.22

I already have something in 1579. America never opened up