3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23 01:51 pm

Optimization of the Next Gen-version of the game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

She's really weird! Yes, everything is different from what it was before.
Firstly, and most importantly for me, why is dlss 3.0 not activated????!!!!!! RTX 4090 card
. Second, why such a close camera? It hurts my eyes that the Witcher himself is so close.
Thirdly, maybe it's my paranoia, but everything has become somehow, or something, console ..... Not baked ....
Fourthly, I had to shamanize so that msi afterburner statistics were visible. You need to delete two files in the x64_dx12 folder:
In short, let them release a patch for this update.
Beams must be turned off! Strongly sit down productivity!!!
We will decide. I said everything.
88 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

The dude wrote to activate dlss 3.0, I need to understand from his words (I don’t know English well) to activate Hardware Accselerated GPU scheduling in Windows. I always turn it off, put it on off. I remember that because of this setting there were stutters in ubisoft. games. And some have blue screens. One of these days it will be necessary to check his method. Might be useful for someone:

m
mylovar 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
In short, I tested it. Everything works great. It is necessary to cut this feature in Windows, as you wrote. 90 fps on average at maximum speed with retracing, at 4090. And with dlss 2.0 50 fps.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

mylovar
Ok👍 I'll try today!!!! In Novigrad I tested performance, how many fps with dlss 3.0 is there ???

p
paradise66 20.01.23

I have DLSS on-off and the computer freezes tightly

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

mylovar
Dlss 3.0 is truly a hyper techno marvel!!!! The picture does not spoil at all, and the performance with it is simply killer !!!! It’s not for nothing that I bought the card for the sake of the updated Witcher 3, as in due time for the original part seven years ago two gtx 1080.

N
Nervios 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA lapwing The video card has a valve speed of 70%, how is the noise situation there? )

H
Haswells 20.01.23

We are waiting for a patch to optimize the vaunted next gene) GENA ON!

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

Nervios At Palits
Game Rock in this line, the screws are barely audible at a speed of 75-83%. The other day I want to check for a hundredth of their rotation in terms of noise.

S
Shecter1 20.01.23

Grass doesn't render properly. Maybe someone faced this? How to treat? DX12. Checked the integrity of the files. Changing graphics settings doesn't help.

V
Vin StaV 20.01.23

MOUSE CHIBIS
You don't need to delete anything, just "To make msi afterburner work in the Witcher 3 on dx12, you need to rename the file "d3d11on12.dll" along the path The Witcher 3binx64_dx12. Add for example d3d11on12345.dll "

S
Sickamy 20.01.23

Kayfovo vidyuhu loads, without RT

s
silvercore94 20.01.23

Through various tests, I found a way to slightly optimize RT in The Witcher 3 (at the moment I don’t know how this method will work on other GPUs and systems)

Tested in FullHD, DLSS for "Performance" (surprisingly it works), RTX 2060 video card (so I also tested it on 1080ti, you can turn on RT there), shadows and shading are enabled from RT effects, i3 10100F, the game is installed on the HDD

In the "My Documents" folder, find the "The Witcher 3" folder, it contains the file dx12user.settings ( make a backup, just in case)

Open the dx12user.settings file with notepad, find two parameters in it:

[RTXGI/GlobalGrid]
ProbeMaxRayDist=128 (will be at the very beginning of the file)
and
[RTXGI/Grid1]
ProbeMaxRayDist=128 (will be lower in the file)

Set the values ​​to 0 in both parameters. As I understand these parameters are responsible for the rendering distance of the "Global Illumination" (maybe I'm wrong), setting them to 0 simplifies the lighting algorithms, but increases the FPS and reduces the load on the GPU (at least I have , this trick did not work for a friend on 3060ti)

Screenshots with differences in FPS, in the same scene, I propose to look below (the first with standard values, the second with changed ones, you can also see the differences in "Global Illumination")

In general, on my map, I was able to get a relatively stable 40 FPS. Might be a useful way for someone.

PS In the first village in the "White Garden", the FPS still sags quite strongly because DX12 is not optimized to the point of being impossible, I haven't tested it in Novigrad because I haven't reached it yet:

C
Cappel 20.01.23

Shecter1 Buddy
, delete the mods folder in the game folder

O
OverKill-312 20.01.23

Everything is very sad on my 3080ti. On ultra settings + RTX in Novigrad drops to 23fps, well, that is, it is absolutely not playable, no matter how you shamanize. We are talking about dlss - quality, though the change to balance or performance does not affect anything, well, maybe 1-2 fps increase, no more, while the picture is lathering be healthy. Changing the resolution also does not affect anything, in full hd 20+ fps, which is in 4k. At the same time outside the city under 40 and above keeps. Naturally, when rtx is turned off, fps flies into orbit, but you know, after this function, I don’t want to play without it anymore, the game is changing too much, so I’m very disappointed, next gen came out unplayable for my hardware. It doesn’t even give out 30 stable frames, I would lock them up and play calmly, because the former console player, but with drawdowns up to 23-21, excuse me, are you kidding or something.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

OverKill-312
So we've been playing the original since the age of 15 without rays and nothing, everything is fine. The remaster without them also looks beautiful, I would say very much. Add ancel filters, reshades, sweet fx to the game and the game will change even more. And you won't remember about these rays at all anymore☝️

M
MaKtRaXeR95 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
I won’t replay 100 hours without RT either, because what the hell did I give 75k for 3080 at one time, especially since I feel that CDPR will finish the optimization and I’ll already play with a buzz

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

MaKtRaXeR95
You will forget about RT after a few hours or even minutes, when all those events that you already perfectly know about will be repeated in your memory again, once you spent about a hundred hours playing the game. I personally do this: Redemshen 2 Example and The Witcher 3. Two years pass and I start replaying legendary projects again. And I don’t care if there is a new graphic there or not. I just want to remember those emotions that were like on the day when I first started playing this or that game👍

O
OverKill-312 20.01.23

I ran right now again with the rays, turned everything to ultra + 4k. The picture is simply divine, of course, without rays, well, not at all. Bring at least a stable 30 fps in cities and there will already be a miracle, is the 3080ti really not capable of this? The same cyberbug with rays produces much better performance. For example, in Toussaint, in settlements, it generally drops to 20, which is some kind of sheer horror. What are the chances that they will fix it?

N
NetWalker2.0 20.01.23

Guys, does it make sense to bleed the Next gen version if you play without rays? Will something drastically change?

N
Nervios 20.01.23

OverKill-312
There are always chances) I think they will fix it with patches, that's just a mystery of cosmic scope!