3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23 03:38 pm

Games hang on new PC.

Good day to all, I assembled a computer with new hardware about 1.5 weeks ago and ran into a number of problems. At first I caught blue screens during games, they suggested to rearrange the RAM in slots 2.4 and not 1.3. Now, games constantly freeze and, moreover, even though there is sound from the game, I can even pause the game. Crashes without any error, help the unknowing what to do in such a situation.
Configuration:
1. Processor: Ryzen 7 5800x
2. Mat. board: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2
3. RAM: Klingston FURY 2x8 Gb 3000 Mhz
4. CPU cooling: DEEPCOOL AS500 220 W
5. Video card: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock 8 Gb
6. Cougar VTE 600W power supply
7. Cougar Archon 2 case RGB
This is the whole config, thanks in advance for the answers. Good mood to you all
98 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

What did the error code indicate during blue screens?

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Evil in the flash There
are no more blue screens, but there were errors with RAM, memory management.

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
Now the game just hangs, there is sound and the image freezes tightly, without any errors.

E

HEU3BECTEH Did
you overclock your memory?

I
IOne86 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
Make a bootable flash drive with memtest86 and test at least a couple of runs.

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
XMP profile set from 2400 to 3000 Mhz

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

IOne86
Ran it already, no errors found

E

HEU3BECTEH
Why did I ask about overclocking. Your processor has a recommended minimum frequency of 3200mHz. This information is from the official site.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
I have the same percentage, but the games do not hang, the RAM is 2666 MHz. The only thing is the super uneven distribution of the load on the cores. Mb, because of the ancient mother

L
Lain Rain 20.01.23

I will offer a banal thing, but check the cable connections to the board, the power supply (if it is with detachable cables), check whether the power cable is connected to the stop in the unit itself (I had a situation where the cable was very tightly inserted and due to incomplete connection of the computer while working randomly). Also, if possible, test your system on a known good power supply.

9Phantom4 20.01.23

I had this when the vidyahi had a dump.

E

BDmitriy
In theory, it hangs and shouldn't, it's just that performance is severely cut with the same frequency as yours, at 1.2 generation everything would be generally sad.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
What is the specific reason for such an uneven load?

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Lain Rain
Unit has non-removable cables

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

BDmitriy
It is not ancient for the 5800s on the 550 chipset, this mother was advised, but they said that overclocking would be impossible.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
I'm talking about myself, read carefully

M
Max P 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
Try to put another set of RAM for testing.

I
IOne86 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
Possible overheating or power supply problem. Run stress tests like OCCT Perestroika, see what the temperatures of the processor and video card are and whether there are voltage drops under load on the power supply along the 12V line.

E

BDmitriy
I don't know, on my 5600x and my mother's b550 chipset everything is fine. What does uneven loading mean? It probably depends on specific games and their ability to parallelize data across cores.

T
Thief Pirate 20.01.23

And your vidyuha or took it from your hands? Well, as the easiest option, remove the battery for a couple of minutes from the motherboard in order to completely reset all BIOS settings.