3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23 03:38 pm

Games hang on new PC.

Good day to all, I assembled a computer with new hardware about 1.5 weeks ago and ran into a number of problems. At first I caught blue screens during games, they suggested to rearrange the RAM in slots 2.4 and not 1.3. Now, games constantly freeze and, moreover, even though there is sound from the game, I can even pause the game. Crashes without any error, help the unknowing what to do in such a situation.
Configuration:
1. Processor: Ryzen 7 5800x
2. Mat. board: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2
3. RAM: Klingston FURY 2x8 Gb 3000 Mhz
4. CPU cooling: DEEPCOOL AS500 220 W
5. Video card: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock 8 Gb
6. Cougar VTE 600W power supply
7. Cougar Archon 2 case RGB
This is the whole config, thanks in advance for the answers. Good mood to you all
98 Comments
Sort by:
I
IOne86 20.01.23

yuriko1158 wrote: it's
not enough to plug in a powerful PSU, try to distribute this power among the modules. some module does not receive this power, so demanding programs / games hang.
How can I connect the power supply so that some module would not receive power?
2 cables go to the motherboard, to the video card too. The author’s PSU has only 2 cables for the video card, it’s impossible to confuse something if you just forget to connect the cable to the video card.
The rest (disks and fans) consume a penny and it doesn't matter how you connect them.

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

IOne86
Here I am talking about too

I
IOne86 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
Did you check the video memory as I wrote above?

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

IOne86
I downloaded the utility but did not find tabs with video memory temperature there

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Friends say that Windows 10 version 22H2 is unstable and it is better to chip in to version 21H2

I
IOne86 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
Probably it does not have a video memory temperature sensor.
Try running a video memory test

I
IOne86 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH wrote:
Friends say that Windows 10 version 22H2 is unstable and it's better to upgrade to version 21H2
I don't know about Windows 10, Windows 11 22h2 really had jambs, now they seem to be fixed. The only jamb I noticed is that the monitoring utilities show an underestimated CPU load, for example, in the latest beta of MSI Afterburner, this bug was bypassed. Even in Windows 22h2, core isolation is enabled by default, which can reduce performance, isolation can be disabled.

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

IOne86 Let's
try it right now

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

10 minutes memory test

I
IOne86 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH Everything
seems to be fine, though there is no artifact counter on the screen, as in the YouTube video on the bottom right. But I think if there was something wrong with the memory, there would be visible artifacts or the test would crash.

It seems that according to the tests everything is fine, it remains only to reinstall Windows. If this does not help, then I wonder what it could be :)

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
Working

y
yuriko1158 20.01.23

HEU3BECTEH
your PC is made up of modules. video card (module), network card (module), HDD SSD (module) ...
each module takes its power from the PSU. and if there are problems with the drivers, then some module does not receive its power. Drivers were not just invented ...
I hope now that I have already clearly described it?
I repeat once again:
if there were problems with the PSU, I would have written like that.
besides, about 22H2 this is a lie, everything is working there ...

I
IOne86 20.01.23

yuriko1158
Maybe you confused with laptops, because of overheating, the total power is really limited there and there are technologies for power distribution like AMD SmartShift.
The author has a desktop PC, where each component stupidly takes the power that it needs, there is no limit on the total power.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
Well, in Cyberpunk, for example - some of the cores are loaded at 90%, and some other can be at 0 or 5%, and such a wreck for everyone. Before that, there was a Ryzen 5 2600, and so everything was exactly the same in terms of workload

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Thanks, I'll try tomorrow

y
yuriko1158 20.01.23

it’s good that adequate people have gathered here, they don’t poke at +/- it’s a
pity that they didn’t understand my idea.
HEU3BECTEH
doesn't it seem strange to you to transfer the RAM sticks?
this should have been a concern.
One way or another, we'll wait for the off tests. versions of windows 10. will suddenly pull up the necessary drivers ..

I
IOne86 20.01.23

yuriko1158
Can you explain in more detail how drivers can affect power consumption? Given that this is not a laptop, but a stationary PC, where there is no limit on the total power consumption. There is no power distribution there, each device eats as much as it needs, it's not a laptop.
Only if, due to a crooked driver, the processor and video card will drop the frequency, or the voltage will be underestimated.

H
HEU3BECTEH 20.01.23

Good day everyone, yesterday I was playing Genshin Impact and my picture hung again and the sound from the game was there, the computer did not react to anything and I naturally reached for the PC restart button, but before I could reach it, a blue screen with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error came out as they say on the internet, this is mostly the fault of the drivers. Now I am writing a USB flash drive with Windows 10 version 21H2 later I will report the result

y
yuriko1158 20.01.23

IOne86
precisely because of the crooked driver or lack of it.
especially since the TC began to guess that all the problems he had because of the drivers.
Let's hope it's off. the version of Windows will pull up all the necessary drivers.
time will show.