3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
|
|666|Reaper 20.01.23 04:25 pm

Story (BioShock)

I liked the demo but it seemed to me that the plot was a banplen type, looking for one crazy city that is known about the plot write here !!!!
85 Comments
Sort by:
D
D0NoR 20.01.23

I am tormented by one, but there are a lot of questions about the plot. In the walkthrough, I already asked about the endings. But one question torments me unrealistically much .. Probably my inquisitive mind has found an igroDLAP.

Was there a plane at all? Andrew said there wasn't (if I understood correctly...). But then you need to find an introductory character to the game ... Most likely in a bathyscaphe or when you pass out after the first dose. But, after this moment, we enter the glass corridor and see how a fragment of the tail of the plane breaks through this very corridor. So there was a plane, but it was as if it was not there .... Who will say what?
It also pissed me off that the hero is dumb, although in the initial screensaver he scolded a couple of phrases ... Damn Freeman ...

I hope I made a mistake somewhere, otherwise it’s a script error and I’ll be completely disappointed, because the ending was bad, although I killed 4-5 girls in the game, and in the beginning, and saved the rest of everyone, I got a bear 4-5 times.
Eh, I'm waiting for 1C, I'll buy it for the sake of completeness of the plot, but even so, the ending was stupid to the limit.

PS I read it, 3 girls are enough for an evil ending. But I didn’t understand why, knowing about Raina’s phrase, he didn’t stop his son? t just because of the article new questions, for example: where does the name Jack come from?

Illius, thanks for reading the article.

D
D0NoR 20.01.23

Folks, you're stupid.. Atlas is a fictional character by Fontaine. On one of the recordings, he explained it all like this: "Ryan wanted Frank Fontaine to be dead, and he got it. Now with Atlas I have a fresh start, no history, no records ... Good cover. Aunt: ... a Ryan. I need to tell Atlas all this, he's a lovely, kind man. Fontaine: Uh, what are you doing here, let me turn it off."

And on the recording of this "Aunt" it is told about a small sortie, and they say she goes to Atlas to tell everything. Fontaine pretended to be Atlas, what is not clear then? There was never any Atlas, he invented it and played it. Remember, he even ran in a beret and work uniform. Moreover, Ryan never found out this cruel truth, he died before Fontan confessed ... This is what still bothers me: Why didn't Ryan stop me, knowing about the phrase? Is this guy, for all his terrible nature, so honest? When I was in his office, it’s understandable that he thought I wouldn’t have time to save Rapture, but before that, why couldn’t they stop me? Silly, by the way, we find a record of the phrase with Ryan ...

D
D0NoR 20.01.23

Illius, super article... I didn't even read half of it, but selectively. But I already understood the whole plot and all the holes that were personally unclear to me.

Especially pleased that Ryan accepted death. Turned off the Vita-Chamber in my office. I hoped that I would not have time to save Rapture, as it seems to me ...
I just did not understand how Ryan finally found out the truth? What stupid guess? Then respect to him for the collage and the inscription in blood "Would you kindly?" =))
But did Ryan understand that Atlas is Fontaine? Probably yes, who else could have done this to his son.

At the beginning of the game, when you swim up on a bathyscaphe, the killer phrase hangs on the dock:
"All good things in the world flow in this city". A funny phraseological unit ... "All the good things in this world have flown into this city"

I
Illius 20.01.23

"Illius, super article... I didn't even read half of it, and so, selectively. But I already understood the whole plot and all the holes that were personally unclear to me."

I'm glad you like it. Helped me out too.
And the name Jack, we see on a note in the first video. And I liked that the plane did not fall, and Jack shot everyone and put him on the water. Not very good really. And then, I forgot what I did. :)
The plot is very good.

"But did Ryan understand that Atlas is Fontaine? Probably yes, who else could have done this to his son."

In the last minutes, he cursed Atlas. I'm afraid I don't understand. :(

C
CRABBIT 20.01.23

if you completed the game, but did not fully understand the plot, you are here ..
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock

Q
Q Lord 20.01.23

CRABBIT. Thank you my +1

H
Hawk_ 20.01.23

The Donor Plane was
generally said to have been captured by Jack and steered towards the entrance to Rapture.

H
Heretic13 20.01.23

What I don’t understand is why Ryan let himself be killed, because before that he tried so hard to keep you away from him, I think he hoped that you could overcome the mind control in yourself and not kill your dad, he said before giving you a stick “man chooses, slave performs” something like this, I don’t remember exactly, and what he said when his jaw was already broken, I still didn’t make out, but there were no saves left ??

d
darkvm 20.01.23

I just passed the moment of killing Ryan, and in my opinion he didn’t let himself be killed, but ORDERED, Wikipedia says that he used the phrase “Would you kindly”, but I didn’t seem to hear that. But in my opinion he still ordered to kill. ..but why???

A
ArtSev88 20.01.23

Guys! Just completed the ENTIRE game... QUESTION: What's the point? Seen videos: 1. The sisters have grown up. 2. Did I give them the opportunity to live, learn, love? 3. GG, in my opinion, is already being taken away in an ambulance, and 5 girls put their hands on his palm .. And that's it! Next is the main menu.

What is the meaning of the game??? Explain!

H
Heretic13 20.01.23

Head hunter. He said, I remember exactly, so I thought that maybe he thought that you could overcome this "mental control" in yourself and not kill him, although, in theory, you couldn’t do it either, why then order yourself to be killed, especially Considering how he tried, before that, to kill you and not let you in by any means ... in general, I didn’t understand this moment =)

h
haha your dead 20.01.23

elementary, he just realized that he lost ... and what he had in his head after this thought, you can figure it out yourself, it's not difficult

M
Mikhail Molot 20.01.23

In fact, everything is explained very simply, how did the utopian city of Andrew Ryan differ from all other utopias, by the fact that Ryan abolished all taxes in Rapture and allowed everyone to work for themselves, as a result, according to the authors, all beneficence disappeared from people, and only thirst remained cash in, which at first led the prosperous city to genetic manipulation of themselves and other people, and then to the devastation and complete degradation of society itself, realizing that nothing good came of the idea with unlimited commerce and seeing the madness reigning in Rapture, Ryan completes actual suicide by forcing his son, a victim of genetic engineering, to kill him. This, in the opinion of the authors, should symbolize the whole utopian nature of the very idea of ​​antisocial living together and show the possible outcome of such utopias.

A
Assassin 20.01.23

By the way, Ayn Rand took part in writing the plot. If you rearrange R, you get End Rine. Andrew Ryan. Easter egg)))

E
ERHater 20.01.23

By the way, Ayn Rand took part in writing the plot. If you rearrange R, you get End Rine. Andrew Ryan.

Finally got it ;)

A
AlexWake777 20.01.23

CRABBIT, thanks a lot for the link. This is WHAT a plot in "Bioshock"!

A
Assassin 20.01.23

Hulio
That is? Did I miss something? I noticed it myself. I didn't see it in any of the threads.

A
AlexWake777 20.01.23

Mr 47 - Silent Assassin, never mind, Hulio is just showing off, that's all. :)

E
ERHater 20.01.23

Yes, it's just that in all the reviews they write that "the teachings of Andrew Ryan are based on the book of Ayn Rand", etc. The last time I read this was in the "Navigator"
The rearrangement of the name and surname is simply perceived by ear.
On Wikipedia, someone even wrote a gag that since Ayn Rand is from Russia (she emigrated in the 20s and this is not her real name), then Andrew Ryan is also from Russia and his real name is Andrei Ryan (this is already a complete lol) .

A
Assassin 20.01.23

Hulio
Well, you are an omnipresent person. And I rarely go beyond PG.