3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 01.12.19 09:37 pm

Impressions of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening (Dragon Age: Origins)

pix.PlayGround.ru

In the subject write experience addon Awakening a fantasy role-playing game Dragon Age: Origins.
181 Comments
Sort by:
L
LordConqueror[Has left fr 01.12.19

Supplement was absolutely mediocre compared to the original. The plot is weak and short(held for 5 hours without straining). New characters not too interesting. Russian voice is incredibly lame(although after the original seemed worse).
Overall 5 out of 10. Was expecting much more.

I
Iliss 01.12.19

is passed for 5 hours without straining
That is over 25? ;) 5 it's only the main quests, without reading the code, and possibly on the easy level of difficulty to the battle was short due to the low parameter of health from the enemies.

New characters not too interesting
They are interesting, just that they were not enough time to get used to them as much as the characters in Origins.

Stop reading, if the reader did not finish!

I personally thought a lot of fights, even too much. One could argue that this is normal, but for some reason Origins was not so impressive.

The soldiers began to steer, the magic was weak because of this and because of too large dimensions of health, the enemies and your party in particular, and for the mage class, the game became uninteresting. In General, developed promised to strengthen soldiers and the horns and did it, now magic has become ineffective and unnecessary. Only against two dragons it was needed for the game against the Ghost to savoretti the ball and thus increase the time before the dragon, and against the fact that at the end of the game, as he can't get to you when you're on the path castwise storms of the century. With the first you could cope, but it will be longer with the second, hardly it is possible to cope just. But it's a shame not enough situations where mages are more efficient than other classes :(.

In the story, in my Architect it was necessary to insert into the game or inserted in another way, he's out there behaving inappropriately and contrary to his motivation. Mother not terribly much, I almost threw up from it, although it is a matter of taste. But I think any girl will rip from this mockery of feminine nature... Why not make men not FRI with a large number of CMV you know what? ;)) In General, the idea of such a mothers deeply nasty, it was a minus in Origins. Could come up with something different about women-FRI, except to exaggerate the hackneyed concept of motherhood to ugliness.

In General, were issues such as why the Mother gave up the SS? She sent her First. It remained unclear at the meeting, she just attacks and all. And judging by her words she doesn't care at all, except the Architect, she thinks you're at his Beck and call (which, however, is the case if he was not killed). The question of why she was initially an important SS remained shrouded in mystery. And the most interesting question is why she sends PT to attack the city and fortress, if the enemy is the Architect, not you. Why would she give up this fortress, it will not stop the Awakening which she wanted to stop. Awakens-the Architect, not the SS!

With Arhitektorom the situation is no better. He does not need to be a ally of the SS, you're going to deal with his enemies. In vain he comes along, bringing danger on his head. But it can be forgiven, because it is necessary to be developed somehow to show it, even though through the offer of cooperation :) But the mystery remained what he at first you indirectly attacked, causing two dragons, if they were so much interested in your help. It is simply inexplicable. More precisely, this can be explained by the fact that the first part of the game was made without a plan of the plot, but then decided the first part does not alter. :)

And so, 10 out of 10. I see no reason to take points away because of the strange behavior of enemy bosses in other games are often in their behavior makes no sense at all but he wanted to kill them all because evil. :) As an addon Awakening super!

A
AlexioR 01.12.19

The addon I just liked it) atmosphere of the game is how I survived. A lot compared with the Beginning improved. It is a full game) Meaning the love line in it do not see (all the same it is necessary to remain faithful to the previous...)

Although it would be possible to work out the dialogs with party members-(

And everything is super new stuff, skills, abilities, and more. Vprintsype was expecting) of Course the addon and Africa addon, what else do you want and their criteria is quite good(as for me))

Stace Layere
I agree about Logeyna is the type we promised that glimpse old friends, here they are with one look and ran(( A Ogren, the Ogren and Australia)))

_
_GrID_ 01.12.19

Like all new games/add-ons from Bioware are putting their evaluation:
Graphics: 8.5/10 - graphics as they were, such and remained, the addon all the same.
Fighting: 8.7/10 - fewer dull battles with crowds of evil creatures, in a measure, but still annoying.
Music: 9.5/10 - all the same great music, except a little worse.
Plot: 9.2/10 - there's no standard Bywarowski ties (although something similar), the plot captures (that they are able to do), but something is missing.
Control: 9.5/10 - for the players familiar with the RPG and the Beginning of all great, but newcomers will quickly understand.
Overall rating: 9.1/10
My rating: 9/10
The result: a Great addon for a great game to spend your time on it is definitely worth. And yet - waiting for 29 th there will know what it means

d
del69 01.12.19

The addon turned out to be 12 (at least) 10!
At a conservative estimate, it killed 18-20 hours of commercials (not stated 5)
Additional profiles very topic and extremely pleased, the same and passion on XP and mana (stamina).
The Magi (that would not be here talking to) taxied up and running - the main thing is to swing skills and to set the parameters - my battle mage with M. attack 160+++ solo laid out any packs of mobs.
for one thing...
Personally, I have a LOT of questions:

1. Who is Agitator?..
2. Who is Uta?.. (apparently, the ancient SS)
3. What happened to the sister Melany?..

In General. at least 1 continuation (Supplement) needs to go.. =_=

And I, damn, PPC as waiting!!! =))

T
The Illusive Lady 01.12.19

Who is Agitator?

The architect and intelligent darkspawn, who managed to free themselves from the power of the Old Gods and intending to get PT from their call. However, he also wants to establish peace between the PT and the people - very original way to infect people with the blood of Arhidemona. Appears as one of the Central characters of the book of Geydera The Calling

Uta - ex-SS who joined the Architect together with other SS. And she is relatively young:) Again one of the characters in The Calling

I suspect that she's in Deep Trails.

r
ratsimf 01.12.19

mages as taxiing and flying, just right now that we need them)
I am a mother of 3 mages felled and Sigrun(who died at the beginning and lay almost the entire fight)

F
Fumika 01.12.19

Personally, I Supplement satisfied) not sorry for the time spent)But for me a rating of 9 out of 10. A lot of fights,they all have something monotonous, which is not a fully thought-out ending. Down at the end in the Nest who we saw? Mad aunt! from Arzamasskoe of the uterus differs only in appearance, and of the mind. Also there are some bugs - probably in a hurry (or it at me the Russian version of something)
But in the end Shalom pleased with the record of Antiva and Zevran) and then about the old heroes little known. Still it would be interesting to talk to them to remember old times = D

k
kakainstein 01.12.19

So I do not understand - where Logan ? I see you kept him alive , even in the SS took for the sake of scientific interest , the cards he gave, etc. All speak , and in awakening more will hear about it .
Re-start the awakening - no way , no Loganov , no cones ! What's wrong ?
Also - for the first time about the plot, I told Andres , and now what that Vasilisa of my vassals,Lady Tamar ! Is that for a change ? Well if so , more such surprises.

k
kakainstein 01.12.19

Stace Layere - :-) . 10X !

T

kakainstein

If I am not mistaken, Logan appears in the fortress after completing two major quests.

I
Iliss 01.12.19

Stace Layere
And could you say what is the point in the motivation that in the book? In the game I understand, add PT the blood of people, and they get resistance to the call arhidemona. And if you add people blood PT, how is that supposed to stop the war? SS already have, but continue to attack PT and PT and arhidemon on them.

g
gobl95 01.12.19

Liked innovations:
tincture of endurance - previously missed
heraldry - you can now put pictures, too
new creatures, like a werewolf plague, the kids of course, well, talking darkspawn, too
locations - bogs and deep trails very cool looking
new runes - in runes of pumping wyderko get +14 to build, but I put himself in the armor of three of them and got +210 to the lives and work of Zizek already under 1000.
new ability - really liked the ability of the warriors of the spirit because if the pump before the end of this line, then penetrate the armor of enemies not to prihoditsya.
reset characteristics - a total of 6 gold and choose who and how you will swing.
new weapons - nice that worked on it.
quests - interesting and sometimes really challenging like a mystery with aganim around.
music - finally got some variety

disappointed:
the complexity of the nightmare not far from the light.Played on that and on this the difference mikroskopicheskaya.Show the complexity only when drenched Spectral dragon.Dragon twice chewed me up and life took a little less than half.But party members killed at once.
It is impossible to talk to party members - is not large, but negative.
Mairi kill as it will give you Agrena - for me it could take from Origins other character for that matter.Ogren didn't take in Origins, not Awakening.Could do so that you can choose one Persian in Origins and this influenced the passage of Awakening and/or second part of the game.

Conclusion:
The shortcomings that I have written nothing in comparison with what appeared in the expansion.Score 10/10.

T

Iliss

In the book the point is to get acquainted with SS, learn and gain support. He buys Bregana, one of the Guards that promises to release PT from the call of the Old Gods - the option of Joining true he had not yet thought of. The architect was networking with people, looking for allies and, admittedly, found.
Grey wardens, according to his plan, was to become something of peacekeepers between the PT and the people, but peaceful existence among all, according to the Architect, could only be achieved at death of all Gods (in that time there were three SS had to help them hunt down and kill), and then to not spread the disease FRI, to poison the blood of all the inhabitants of Thedas.

SS already have, but continue to attack PT and PT and arhidemon on them.

The architect says get PT mind and freedom from the call, they cease to seek God - as a consequence of Arhidemona will be no more, and therefore Mora. No more Gray Guards can sit quietly.

However, there is no guarantee that a reasonable PT does not want to conquer the world surface.

Z
Zazie 01.12.19

Compared to the original game, alas, a pale shadow.

The main problem, IMHO, is that the plot is too weak. The most important for me in DAO was the fact that my enemies are not the creatures of darkness that read more like a natural disaster, not as the main evil individuals and people. Just people with ordinary motives, with cockroaches, with their ideals and aspirations. This is what gave the opportunity to fully emotionally immerse yourself in the game. A cartoon mother and very superficially shown by the Architect, the game is very forgiving. About a strange motivation for their actions and I do not say.
And not save the situation no new characters - quite amusing, though dumb; no new expertise and skills or new things.
Sorry.

k
knockin_on_heavens_door 01.12.19

For a small addon (1,63 GB) quite normal. Few cons: again, mages with no armor, terrible person W/floor-cheesy voice acting (Rus.) More pluses - the most basic,again you can run on your favorite world + sleek graphics ))

About universal indignation on the part of the story: he's in the main game not parajet imagination, honestly, what do you all wonder?

I
Iliss 01.12.19

Stace Layere
Thanks, in this case of the game not even different. ;)

But here it is:
and then to not spread the disease FRI, to poison the blood of all the inhabitants of Thedas.
Why poison? What do you mean not to spread the disease? That is a side goal that has no relationship to the gods, but only because PT is still all peretirayut? :) Like let's really just to not suffer? :) I just do not see sense, it was so stupid. Surely there is some normal explanation.

Zazie
The most important for me in DAO was the fact that my enemies are not the creatures of darkness that read more like a natural disaster, not as the main evil individuals and people. Just people with ordinary motives, with cockroaches, with their ideals and aspirations. This is what gave the opportunity to fully emotionally immerse yourself in the game.
Support! But I liked the Mother and an Architect =). The mother, however, smaller, she looks nasty too, and the way crazy it's not so interesting.

T

Iliss

The difference is there. Upon contact with the PT living creature, be it animal or human, at risk for infection - body cases are changing (as Holy for example, or sister Velanna). The architect believes that this is one of the foundations of the conflict between PT and people. And to people in contact with the PT was not ill, he wants to enter the PT blood in their veins - in that case they will gain immunity as Guards. However, the Architect makes no difference, that most people in Thedas will die from this option, Joining

Z
Zazie 01.12.19

Iliss

The theme of the Architect was not disclosed, but could be very interesting. Let's imagine there's a group of intelligent darkspawn. Where they settled? What to eat? What kind of society they have formed? Whether they will be merely on account of reasonableness is less dangerous to people? Or, conversely, will be more dangerous? How long will the Architect will be able to stay in power only because he was the first? Whether interested in a reasonable PT to make reasonable of all his fellows?
In General, the barrage of questions that are not without response, but no sound. So it turned out flat and boring.
And about the fact that the acquisition of reason does not imply the automatic acquisition of speech and any skills that even a reasonable PT needs according to their level resemble the CRO-magnon, I generally keep quiet.

knockin_on_heavens_door
About universal indignation on the part of the story: he's in the main game not parajet imagination, honestly, what do you all wonder?
Amazing. But it looks more or less conventionally plausible. In any case, it is sufficient to engage emotionally. Enough to during the game do not feel the absurdity of what is happening. In contrast.

V
Verka Smerdyuchka 01.12.19

Good, but not enough! (C)
Held over two days, although a huge number of hours I did not expect. But not this... somehow it was boring to play. I thought you'd see with the old members, and saw only Wynne and Alistair and something like walking. Oh Yes, still Ogren, of course. Or maybe it's just me? IMHO still the highlight of DA in the relationship with the team, and then everything else - the salvation of the world, etc.:))))
And most of all I was pleased with the potions to increase stamina, heh! Just before was missing them very much. Another interesting possibility of creation of runes, especially for armor, that's just messed they are too, yet make normal rune, to get you to be honest. Probably because this took me over 20 hours on the game :) overall a pleasant all sorts of innovations.
Glad that at least in the end wrote about Leliana, saying he was left at Vigil's keep and was reunited with the red-haired girl-singer, together they are traveling.