3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19 10:44 am

The imbalance of the game: Wizards VS Archers (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

For all the times (18 times) for the first time decided to play a pure mage. Spool up to level 40, pump the whole thread destruction and finding a bunch of interesting things have come to a conclusion.
Mages are very much curtailed, why the bets they made very low. All what we can boast of mages, this only because they just are )
Archers - Pumping stealth"X3 damage with a hidden attack + Lots of perks for the bow and crossbow, 100 especially shooting a Chance to paralyze for 15 seconds + enchants for archery (increases damage at times).
Comparing them to mages, even becomes ridiculous. Because mages basically only regen and amount of mana and the reduced mana cost on spells at all funny. Especially because on all spells and magic only the mass action. Which is not very good. And there is no increase in damage with magic, it turns out the Giant arrow kill with 2 shots, and with magic already in 8-10.

The question is, am I doing that is not correct, or initially the game does not provide pure mages? (that is, along with the magic needed to upgrade one of the weapons.) (Play without mods and dopolni as spells type Avada Kedavra are not considered as archers still mods more)
89 Comments
Sort by:
a
arah 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
Well, for dragons and priests are always called a partner or assistant (the Atronach, Dremora, etc.) Allowed their forward, and he hit safely from a distance ) But is that such a focus does not exist. For example, dragons often clung to GG only manage to be treated and Dodge ))
The console itself I use only for removal of screenshots tfc 1, and tm rare case where tcl if you get stuck, but in teams for the remaining cases, the hard life of a dragonborn still poked ))

In General, magic in the course is effective only for enchantment and alchemy (it's large) the rest of the mage skills depending on the selected game type

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

arah will Reveal two secrets)...
1), Preferably still in the early stages to fill up 2-3 dragons (need soul)
2) to begin or complete the quest Greybeards quests to open the Temple of Mirak and to cry Obedience dragons.
After that, beat the dragons not such a big problem.
Another option leveling two skills becomes relevant. That is one skill swinging from a teacher, the second on their own! Drawback - too fast leveling in the early stages of the game and the second disadvantage that, when pumping Expert teachers take too much (4000 Septim) not to steal back.
Beneficial to either side, if you clearly establish the plan's objectives.
On the shelves.
Submission validat Shout consists of three words with different effect:

"The first word is used as a tool for cleansing the sacred stones on the island of Solstheim, to free the locals from the influence of the Mirac.
"The second word allows a short time to control the minds of various creatures and representatives of sentient races, regardless of their level. Any attempt to hide or use the spell "Invisibility" leads to the fact that everyone who was subject to become hostile;
"The third word allows you to control dragons, so that they can be ridden.
Quests
"The fate of the Skaal" is the first word of the Shout, needed to cleanse the sacred stone of Solstheim, you can learn in the course of this quest.
"Cleansing the stones" — with the help of Cry, you must clear all the sacred stones on the island.
"Gardener of people" — the other two words of the protagonist, will be taught by Hermaeus Mora in the course of this job.
"On top of Apocrypha" — the Cry is needed to Dragonborn was able to get to Mirak, riding the dragon.
Just passing the quest Dragonborn, Ministers appear Mirak, and they note that a certain Mirak trying to kill GG, after this token appears to go to Solstheim and find out who is Mirak.

a
arah 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
I have a Persian now level 87, perks chipped in for the legendary (rock new). Mirak has long been dead, Greybeards can't find another word), but the dragons have changed a little. There was the Legendary,Noble, and so here they bite, they mind more or something )) a Simple dragon no problem even in hiding do not have two arrows and ready

I'm still a fool wanted the mod to be put on the strengthening of dragons)), but is apparently not yet

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

arah and Therefore painted on the shelves))) He discovered such an interesting thing to getting your shower without dragons odds) and there is essentially still, a mage, Archer, if desired, can be punched to kill) How much time will take is not known)
Personally, for me, it's not a revision. Hole.
As though it would have been the limiter level. And who knows, once Mego cool))... since almost the very beginning of the game you get, Elven bow + Dragon armor) + scream. And all where and what to look for next? All fall at times, up to 40 level. At level 40 opponents worthy. On average, 20 levels of HS not to defeat the beast)
Who doubts and does not believe, try it yourself) (the main condition is, do not swing or anything, except what you'll use it, that is not the case it Kuznechnoe, enchanting, alchemy.). Bow + armor you will find right at the exit of Raven rock, there lies the guardian, this guardian will stumble on the quest.

a
arah 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
I have with dragons is still such a crap, yelling at him Dragonboat, and he flies away figs knows where and sits there while I run down it is necessary for the new plant. Shout at him again, he is a parasite flying to the starting point of the battle, and again run to him. And chase them until you sit next to some NPC, beast or man it doesn't matter that's only if I get it.

You should try to ride it, so for interest, shower enough and yet nowhere to put them fashion their spending is not set

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

arah Try the method I described, given that you have all the shouts you need open. I have a Bang is triggered. Deadly Dragon is default, that is still standing More Spawn, but there are glitches arose, had to be removed, although some interesting features in it.
But a Mechanical dragon to kill the magic happened with 30+ attempts. it took 3 hours. After I gave up on mage)))

a
arah 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
Try to be sure ) but I have the attack usually works: Oh .... and raced according to the rules of inevitability ))

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

By the way, made fashion, not many leading Archer to order. Perks have changed Damage (base damage reduced when receiving perks) in due to this not much increased the speed to pull a bowstring (speed archery was particularly useful for longbows), changed the perk BullsEye (if earlier stood the chance of >=15% to paralyze the target that fires 3-4 shots, now is <=25%, triggered much less often). And so the type of Arrows - Magic light, with damage only to undead, 0 gravity, 0 airspeed (the arrow flies as it fled YY or hang on the spot).

A
Anton Astahov 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
Clean Skyrim is certainly not perfect, but the good series of Boards, that the game always correct the main thing is not to overdo it with mods of course...) was to Disable autolevel, add the brains NPSM for the gg better when he hides to enhance the dragons, put XA value proposition...
Save mod just for mages, even if he is not playing that changes the spell damage depending on the skill level...

N
Niko... 24.12.19

Oh, it's all nonsense - MAG with a partner-Hillbillies finally nagivator (on medium difficulty)! Playing a magician with 40+ LVL and troubles do not know. Though the dragon one can be poison to another dimension... fought against two dragons without any problems finally with Siranui even in the team. Most importantly if the clothes run to him and not to let the dragons otherwise they will eat. I even recovery is not pumping. Destruction, modification and mojo with enchantment, another blacksmith and stealth. All this 100 and finally troubles do not know. Even developed the illusion for silent spells at the end, and now I have a MAG-assassin - agrida only the mob, who begin to fry in full. Archer against the crowd is hard to beat by the way if witchcraft not develop. In General enchantment with the mega-cheat ability in Skyrim to be honest... resets all the charm of farm things. Only Krosis can be helpful with all things and Moroka.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Niko... There is suspicion of cheating, not so much to pump after reaching level 40) - level will be more.
Run with a partner) That's the whole secret, the main damage a partner) and do not tales of Holy power. Because the issue raised is not just. And I am sure that against the Archer - mage 1 on 1, well, just nothing)... to Convince will already be difficult.
Anton Astakhov Imagine that the game players do. presented? I want to guess? this is The Elder Scroll. But there are still games where the creators so lazy that making an engine for games and basic package, giving up package edit players, say what you want do yourself. Head, armrest mana level sticks... and here. Even in direct competition, the Witcher, Gothic,Two Worlds 2 (this generally has been the ability to combine spells, if not the engine, then he would have walked Skyrim) why are there mages as mages? Are there any other games where the creators put it all on the players? No! ... For what you get pay the money? For floor poor engine? ... Yes, well) ... In fact, initially all should be!

D
D.Artist 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
I actually have adequately painted the overall usefulness of magic in his post, but as I see there is a discussion of the school of Destruction apparently?...

And what about the modifications: it so happens that TES has always been famous for very extensive support for mods. To say something like: in the Witcher did everything right and the mods are not needed, and in Skyrim everything is bad is not correct in the roots, for me personally the Witcher or the Gothic do not like the battle system, crafting and so much more, if I had my will, everything would be remade for themselves, but these games do not give such a wide opportunity of redoing how the TPP. It should also be noted that a huge number of players itself is quite happy with vanilla Skyrim and no mods do not put, because as I said, balance in vanilla Sky is not perfect but very close to it. Mods first, you can broaden your experience, making it unique and add such chips, which in the above games, and never dreamed of, hence the huge advantage of TES over its competitors.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Yes it is, the School of destruction, that from it the sense is not present.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Decided think let me start a new game and let it ride. But according to an old tradition already know what to inject only one perk in pickpocketing, in the beginning you can get an Orcish bow) Stealing the Sleeping giant from the Dolphins. Like all killed with two arrows, I changed from mode game level Adept on Legendary. Yeah, Zlokrys dies at best 2 arrows in stealth, 3-4 normal shots. What do you think, decided to change the plot being booted from the sohranki where there is a perk, and used the school of destruction, the adept, particularly labor was not all as easy, but the same thing on legendary, tough 1 on 1 with Sakrison, the advantage of Sacris. While performing a task in Wind peak, where you kill the giant spider to kill Farengara and pick up the claw. I will not say anything about the magician. As took 15 arrows. Notice, this is only the beginning, many will say that it's easier. But it's not! As complexity increases not only the amount of health and attack power of the enemies, as well as resists...
And why so rejected one of the popular ways to play a mage, it is not clear, but it's a shame.

S
S-siegfried 24.12.19

MAG is a combination of all of the schools, the simultaneous manipulation of which makes the game a mage is very, very comfortable, what does it school destruction? I agree, let the school of destruction is a little flawed, but I think it is a weightless argument, to christen a pure mage bottom...

S
Spiritbreaker 24.12.19

Taking advantage of the hospitality of the Creator of the theme, ask, married, and finally, Eyl,how to give it my bow ? In the inventory she had only sword+shield and bow, but she's in combat she vizualno hunting. Another of her present,through the theft also checked

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

In this case, it is not about Illusion or magic, defensive magic, but rather on the offensive. Type to turn an enemy into ash, into ice, into stone. And so it turns out Mage - Summoner - warlock - sorcerer, and a magician. It is not pure Battle mage with his mechanics. Other damage in the game is that staves don't add damage, which is totally not right (though allow for early pairs to save mana from time to time). And from the fact that after the enchantment to reduce mana cost, it becomes almost not infinite, with the repair, you most people too much.
Also I agree with the opinion of one person, which in itself is the enchantment most people becomes a skill in the game. Because thanks EMU, who would not be rocked, the result is armour-piercing machine-all-trades. It would be good if playing against other players. And the fact that you can't kill in single-player game is completely stupid. Lost the interest when you now have to start from the last save point. Like in other games.

In fact, now I can call Skyrim is not a game! And game simulator. This is a Beta draft of something that perhaps we would like the developers, but the desire to quickly quick start and earn played a role. After numerous complaints of players, they had to pay the editor of Creation Kit. (if someone does not agree, it will be interesting to see your version).
Any curve the blame game, maybe just because it is not attached to the editor? - then every game would be successful. As they say What's not to like? then do it yourself!...
But the point is not even about that, and the fact that the Archer still wins! After all, he nothing prevents the use of magic and Illusion! And even on the game, there are characters archers with the school of Illusion. But the battle mages in their purest form no.

S
S-siegfried 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
What, then, prevents the MAG to take in hand sword/axe/Mace or call all the same? I remember in oblivion it was called a battle mage... but why from your side is a complete rejection of any other schools? MAG it together can manifest itself in the onset of or slightly worse than the warrior or Archer.

The rest, I agree a little more than full - Skyrim really presents extremely raw piece of meat...

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

S-siegfried
No, probably not rejection, it's obviously not a full understanding. In any case, the correct name of the theme Imbalance in Archer put 14 16 perks in Luke and example 4 perks in illusion, in me illusion a useless thing when the pump stealth is 6 perks. And 20 perks. In the magician it is necessary to invest much more that becomes important at a high level. And before that he was a piece of solid meat. That's why all. In any case the result is not fair, and if you take in the root. Archer it is necessary to invest perks only in the shooting, and 1-2 perks in stealth, the damage from the shadows, you can find gloves in the thieves Guild which increase 2 times the damage. And that along with the 3x damage is obtained equal to 6 times the damage, or instead of spending perks, 2 times damage.

Found a way to do not a great mod (for yourself) on the items with the enchantment Increase damage of Destruction magic (I think to combine in one to Cold, Fire and Lightning). I think over how to conduct the game, to avoid most people and are not caught in the first stage. I think it will be one of the useful mods.

Also found a proof that magic is useless from the comment above.RevIO2RUS

Armor enchantments
The maximum available when fully pumped skills "Alchemy" and "Enchantment" (become available potions to increase skill "Enchantment" 32% — 46% for 30 seconds).

Properties are summarized, as gathered four things to -29% of the consumption of magic when using spells of destruction, you can endlessly enjoy even the most powerful magic. They are not cumulative with powers of destruction -50% magic therefore, the enchanter do not have to develop them.

The effect of resistance to the elements in the +87% can be achieved, collecting 3 items at +29% to protect from magic (if using shield) or separately for each type of magic (fire, ice, lightning) having collected 2 items +50%, having achieved so magically immune to the elements +100% (without using potions). - Which is essentially cheating) So in the beginning of the game in helgene to put on the table)

S
Spiritbreaker 24.12.19

So, how Eyl to give the bow I need, what would she think? No other of her present.And takes in hand air hunting bow. Maybe the command console have any ? Sorry for slightly offtopic