3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cheburashka 17.09.19 06:38 pm

Impressions of the game (BattleTech)

Well, my dear maniacs epic universe mechs , I congratulate you with access to all the expected stratezhki. Let's discuss the toy and share experiences :))
100 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gvinpin.93 17.09.19

did bungler, did not meet expectations

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Sorry stuff made with Podkrepa, now they will spawn after the destruction of the main group, and it immediately killed all hardwaste. Such a rush to get missions against 8, play from the landscape, the constant movement and sobotki luck. And yesterday, as he rolled up one fight, Podkrepa actually landed outside the map, it is good that the sensor lock was and one of them knocked out. version 1.0.1-276r [GOG]

K
KoKTeJIb 17.09.19

The game seems to be good,BUT there are many things that are not popular or even enrage.
1.Optimization-it sucks I think no one will argue Yes, and sucked on this subject from all sides.
2.Skills,namely the branch of evasion,like in the beginning she needed, and it seems useful,but when you have heavy and assault mechs,she abruptly becomes unnecessary,as well as the second perk in survivability and shooting.
3.Terribly enraged saver during the move and everything else associated with moving on the global map.Like the map is huge,BUT we will make available only the Central part.
PS
A couple of posts above of people wrote about aimed shot and it's really IMBA,light mechs are demolished them in one turn no matter how many charges of evasion.Not like the bug with SRM missiles,they very often fall into the cockpit.And played today and there was a case where my fur even from the back managed srma the pilot to hit and aimed shot back not working properly ,why can it only shoot at torsos and body,although if you shoot a normal shot you can also shoot the leg or arm.

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

I finished the campaign in the runoff furs. Finished this link (you can say classic, assault+heavy+middle+easy): Highlander, Orion, Trebuchet, Jenner. On the scale of the game is only 3.5 skulls. There was no particular problem, although there are two or mission with 5-6 ascoltami. Now here I sit, thinking about how else perverted. Presumably, now I will go stock with the flights at once on the story mission without intermediate contracts.

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Everything is so gray out. Code written in a hurry, all very slowly and voraciously. Lyricist mediocre. The same characters and the momentum of all the characters. The story as if composed of conveyor automatic compiler script to fill marshrutochnom fiction. Not particularly cool was under the command of roundnose selfish noblewoman with a claim to their own uniqueness to administer hard fate Auriga. With the possible assistance of the herd of pianos from the bushes.
About foam bellows, the claim is not for the game specifically, but awkward to the universe as a whole, but vosmidesyatitonnye tank the size of a Shoe of the same vosmidesyatitonnye fur, looks at least funny.
Boevka stupid Board game that works, but on the computer is out of date even 20 years ago, very primitive, skewed, and full of unnecessary conventions. So much could have been done, but the office decided to use the old horse. Furrow it, of course, will not spoil, but is well plowed.
After the end of the story to continue to play makes no sense. Gather equipment to make your own unique link? Even, ahem, rare equipment - the same, really no custom, only hard-coded parameters. To perform special assignments? So they are all the same, on the same small maps.
The guys have produced a skeleton, a kind of okeyno disc for future intensive development and refinement. Although scanty table boevka unlikely to get to. Is played only against the background of hunger and nostalgia, 15-20 years ago would have drowned and not fly, I guess. In General, all as in the picture with the candidate of the party Insecure Russia.

r
realchel 17.09.19

The plot of the slag. Judging by the open fields I thought it would continue, and he once ended, and opened all the areas.
And what's the catch what to do next? stupid to fly and fight the shaking of the Persians?
When downloading slows down terrible, if you need to restart sofranko, a gesture.
Because of this, sometimes going through a loss, because to wait 5 minutes sorry.
And this despite the fact that I'm a fan, started with mechwariorr 2 back in ' 96

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

I hate frozen timeline. 126 weeks is more than three years, in theory it's 28th year, and nothing happens, even if what's randomly generated as the same MechWarrior 2 mercenaries.
At least some signs of life would be on this static map. So the clans invade, and we wouldn't notice...
In a 5m patch developed promise dynamic up to the invasion of the clans (not including them)
Well, I would say what is all bolted and will finish, but the great confidence I have. As the game is not to say that a lot of players for the first month.
At the moment the game a rating of 7 out of 10. Not to say that bad, but not to say that good. If they'll correct outright mistakes, he may rise to 8-8.5, then expect to continue with normal plygamy, like the timeline. It is unlikely they will make him DLC.

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Was the campaign and for all its faults, I hope they will release a new, random mission to do not interested, they just bring me down and talk not with anyone. The game has no Pernaja, except members of the crew. Only mechs, but in vain. When you fly all over the galaxy have to be around the action, personalities and all sorts of crooks. By the way, I basically do not care at all great houses, but I want the story, not random encounters. And history not pieces, as in the case of a campaign for Arena, and consistently not on the side of the allies, and with them.
With the exception of the mission with the Princess and tutorial, mech allies on the map did not happen, the cars were but few, and as if impersonally. War has passed by, the epic battle for the planet in the finals only showed in the picture, it's not serious! Not allowed to participate in the main battles, all the time on side quests, and the tasks themselves are scattered between the planets and jitteriness. And the war itself was supposed to roll on the planet long and hard, from town to town, and instead jump around the galaxy, like we are the planet's equivalents of cities. Damn, to conquer the whole planet is epic, which is not mastered even Alexander the great, Julius Caesar and Napoleon Bonaparte. Not counting Genghis Khan and Adolf Hitler. In the story we have world war, and in fact, half of disability.
The entire campaign had to walk on the same planet. In MV3 for example and it was - from the moment of landing until the end of the game lance walked on the planet, fighting with the clan for each object. The map was clear all the way, all sequentially.
And MD2 campaigns was as much as two, for both sides, and the game does not impose upon the player his morality - it wasn't there. Both clans considered themselves to be right.
Similarly, in the Japanese series Front mission was two campaigns - for both parties, and there were characters on both sides, which, depending on the choice of the parties were either protagonists or opponents.
In battle quite annoying that there is no choice and never in anything, nor to choose sides or even choose the response, the dialogues are written so that say for the player, pseudovariety answers in conversation about anything, all essentially mean the same thing in all cases and no difference. Syndrome SJW so familiar Biovar.

Passed the last mission and that was very disappointed. Not that I was not allowed to salutati crab with lastcom (although he neatly knocked the pilot). And the fact that the campaign mode in fact consists of just a dozen missions.
Well, as a reward I was allowed to fly at the previously closed planets. But why? There are the same three as elsewhere.
As I wrote before, very disappointed with the weapon of lostech. Simply unplayable heating. And even a goose I eventually replaced a couple of fives. Pleased only dhsy.

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

In Nastola LRM20 that 12.5. To be precise, to get maybe 20 missiles, but the average hits 12.5. And since then the figure does not hit a volley, and then how many missiles he was hit, and hit each racquet (which is still OK for LRM, but it is strange to SRM) then the damage average is 80 (and it should be 12 * 5 = 60). And this despite the frantic damage stability.
Flamethrowers - stupid IMBA. So your fur is not cut down after the attack, you don't have to do it to attack in the same turn. It is against 6 flamethrowers. Of course, you can play against stock mechs. At least there's only 4 on firstarter. But then it appears another weapon and it will also spoil you (have to take two firstarter).
Well, latest IMBA is Jampa. They are much stronger than in the city. Not only because there is no debuff for accuracy. But because it can bypass not only the frontal armor, but bulwark. Jump and shoot. Very quickly can kill. Some players even firing from all possible and impossible lasers to you for the course to kill, and then pass out from overheating.
That is, pulse lasers +2 to accuracy Even in the city, where the +2 mean a lot, a lot of situations when two ordinary Medak will be better. And then they still weakened this crazy heat and a low bonus to accuracy. Here I shoot from pulsmedia. I will not be able to escape to pass the course and will be cooled. What for they give such a huge heat? In TT 3 heat from conventional laser and 4 pulse. And then 10 normal and TWENTY pulse

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

That's what worries me about Battletech, so it's headshots. It is simply not possible to play against mechs with LRM enough that they are dropping constantly, so more and spoil the head all the time. You knocked his head 3 times in a row? I think so. I beat Mahmoudov almost every battle, this state really need to edit the patch. In nastolki to get into the head of a great rarity, not enough to get into the fur (and in BATTLETECH this is not a problem) you also need 12 to throw, and it is 1\36 chance for a second. Now 5 times going through the mission 3.5 the crock, the map is very rugged, the enemy always gets a reinforcement located at a distance almost immediately and it's always mechs with LRM. Second time awesome went 3 catapult with missiles, 2 ahermaa with missiles , 2 thunderbolt with rockets and Orion with what you know) No matter what I have a squad of 3 assalto and heavy 70 tons, the creature stupidly mehola hammer or drop hammer and to assist recumbent. Of course you can win, but the loss is simply inadequate, at least one mech and pilot in the negative. And the other day my head was demolished by a shot from АС20 the last mech, the Victor, with one, almost a broken leg))))

By the way, the impression that HBS twirled complexity, complex missions 4+ shards have become significantly more difficult. I pass 2 times, first my lance broke the enemy without problems in 5 cherepovich mission now is to gape and a crowd of enemies in scores of my fur about the defeat it usually is not, but the loss of the tangible, the piles of beaten and half-dead mech pilots for a long time download the Argo staff.

When you shoot a bunch of weapons, there's always the chance at least one hit in the head. This threat point of propperty or any CPM-karriere. A lot of missiles - at least one, so you're lucky to get :)
As for LRM, then the game mechanics otlichetsya from the mechanics of the Board game - the calculations are done for each individual missile, not five, as in nastolki. In the end, if you take лрм20 with a good hit, that one thing is 4 times the location of contact to determine nastolki, the other 20 times in the game. Of course in 20 chance to get into his head is higher than 4. And if it is a missile boat?
Plus consider that if you indirector beating, then the hits are only on top locations, i.e., to get into the head you need to throw not a 12 on 2d6, but only 6 on 1d6.
that's the problem, it is necessary for the missiles probability of hit in the head to cut off or group of 5 pieces in nastolki. Let me remind you also that when throwing dice if unit is in partial cover, we throw in all the locations, but when hit in the leg damage goes nowhere (in the hill), it's not like that in the game there is a difference between indirect fire and fire at a target behind partial cover, then the hill does not go away, even if it looks like flying into the ground. Do not quite understand what you mean by saying that you need to throw only 6 of 1d6, the table used is the same MECH HIT LOCATION TABLE there is a head 12.

In this game of course khalyavnykh made the rollover. No damage to fur or fines after lifting. Yes t still and the elevation is for free action.

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Something disappointed me company. A dozen missions that at least some of the time is solely because of the slowness of the gameplay.
I have the feeling that the night before the release khbs suddenly remembered that he had promised to make the company and riveted a dozen missions to.
Even using card side effects it would be possible to rivet a couple of dozen missions for the scenario and to write them into the plot.

Well, you could give a little more content after the campaign than can now fly to previously closed planet, which means exactly nothing. For example, the open access mission 6-7-8 skulls, where there would be mechs with 25-50% of your armor to have more of assalto and vstrechaemye was custom mechs with pilots 10/10/10/10. And let the button escape from the mission will be useful )

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Skirmish at this level (as of now) on the full game does not pull. This technodance, nothing more. With the campaign game at least was complete.

Added after 35 minutes
From my point of view, if you initially offer skirmish and campaign - it's an aperitif, it is primarily the game needs to be worked out the core gameplay of combat, and the campaign should be about the way she is now. That is done on delivery and more are a great tutorial. Also in the skirmish had to be ready multiuser scenarios. Plus 4 fur - it is very small, could add and machines.
In addition, if you are raising money on kickstarter, the fans Baltacha, it is reasonable to expect that you will keep the spirit of the Board game, but just adapt it under comp. And what do we have?
The game is totally ill-conceived. Ill almost all the parts that have changed. For example, reduced the range and added sensorlock. Well, it seems that the player did more deliberate action. This leads to the fact that in long-range combat, the player with 1m sensorlock, losing stage, roll initiative, and start losing. You have to put sensorlock first, the enemy knows who you put it and can put it in the answer. The goal that you have set the lock, it will simply hide behind the mountain and put in Guarded. This is the best. And at worst - will make the radius of your sensors and you can't attack at all. And the head of your scout will fall grad LRM.
The heating system is completely ill-conceived. Or are those jumps that currently exist in the game. Well, it's a full plate. After playing a couple of days skirmish against a living person you see a lot of stocks and they are ALL connected with something that they decided to change during migration.

Worse, changed the spirit of the game. Nastolka is a casual game where you try to force your luck to smile at you, putting yourself in a more advantageous position, and the enemy not. It's not combogia where you do some set of actions and win. There is no of the mate in 3 moves. An example of a game where you have combinati - Hearthstone. After all adjustments, the players do stupid combos that were impossible in nastolki. Heat the enemy with flamethrowers, to disable, to make a Called Shot to the center torso to kill. Give two volleys of missiles, drop to the earth, to kill using Called Shot. That is, the game is planned Called getting Shot.

The only thing that I liked in this whole mess - this is the scale of the initiative. This is a really nice touch, instead of first of all take turns, then all shoot at the same time to do more than the usual gameplay. Moreover, if nastolki losing initiative is bad any way you look at it. Then, if you go first, you show your actions first (substituted), but in return you get the opportunity to shoot first. While you can't immediately shoot your ascolta to take advantage of this. The enemy has time to prepare for his move.
Usually the process is done quickly and grabs half a minute to think. But sometimes there are passages, when I need to think a little longer or it is necessary to choose a good attack vector.
Ideally, this is when you have reserve time for thinking about difficult situations. That is, for example, half a minute per move and 5 minutes of standby time. It encourages to play fast and have space to maneuver if you need to think

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Well, why not add a speed slider moves?! Already tired of looking like robots most of the time... just go! come and go, before the fight or in between them ( and tired too often the approach of the camera to the robot, although this frequency can somehow poregulirovat. But walking upright robots already frankly tired (( Funny, when in battle the camera sometimes chooses a perspective that getting into fur at all to be seen!
Overall the game is kind of complex (( the Balance of forces is not in your favor and wait until like the enemy... but you can only have a maximum of 4 robot... even in Mechcommander could take more! Ie most of the time, you look like you walks or carries the enemy (( besides, a huge stupid reason can't handle a small tank, while it throws you a bunch of rockets and you fall to the ground (( Go on the mission with 4 skulls, there are 4 robot, you stand, cool, great, the buzz is gone, class!. Go with 2... there are 6 tanks + 4 not hard work and they incapacitate 2 of your already 2-3 on the go! ))))) And most of the time you're just waiting for the game to end... Boring ((
To heap awkward interface, well, at least in order to equip a robot to through 2 menus to run and wait until they are downloaded. Moreover, not without glitches (( for Example, when the selected weapon that you want to hang, rectangle with it will hang in the middle of the screen, not dragged to the slot in the fur and more from this screen will not retract! And choose more from the list of things not working out, this weapon burns like he already chose the mouse! On exit, cancels all the equipment of the robot, and when you step back a rectangle with arms and everything hangs in the middle of the screen! Saves only the restart of the game (

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Mechcommander that MechWarrior are not gods scripts written, but in the time requirements for games were much lower. However, they were at least a whole script and how it was possible to trace the logic in the set of missions.
Here's the scenario, it is difficult to separate from random missions.
Yo, dude! Fly to planet X, sit down you and do something with purpose, Y

For me replay value is the same CK2 was based on history, commercials, interfaces (especially between missions). Immediately nothing. GG - left anon, pilots glitch, hippopotamus, jellyfish, Decker dolls without personality and history. Type AI an appendage to the fur.
Do? Well, go to x*j. As needed we will call you again.

Well this is sandbox in nature. Entertain himself.
And you heroes mechcommander remember, for example? Here they are consumables that are replaced.

The game sorely unfinished: job one-time events little card dead. They add more events, bring the world some politically and military actions and complex tasks. the story would not look so stubby in this sandbox. and as the world is static over completely and sorazmerit quickly bored on this background story and looks very weak.
As already mentioned for the game for 10 missions. without the open world and sandbox, would be norms.
The main quibbles I have to plot it with a sudden fright illustrious person suddenly gives lastukoski dropship level Begemota when itself leads propertiessee war and it it it for transfer of large forces and a full-fledged war, he could use better than a little known mercenary, well, Highlander, too. some how tore the grain of lostech, and let's give a quarter of the loot not regularnie army and ordinary crook who, in the war that really does not participate but only grabiat caravans.

A
A_QuartZ 17.09.19

Deimos-D wrote:
The main quibbles I have to plot it with a sudden fright illustrious person suddenly gives lastukoski dropship level Begemota when itself leads propertiessee war and it it it for transfer of large forces and a full-fledged war, he could use better than a little known mercenary, well, Highlander, too. some how tore the grain of lostech, and let's give a quarter of the loot not regularnie army and ordinary crook who, in the war that really does not participate but only grabiat caravans.
Well, first, this is not a dropship. He can't sit down on the planet, on this dock shuttles. But it's not a jumper. This is a very niche boat - insider researcher with a great autonomy, project times search fit for colonization of worlds. Why would a Princess need the extra layer between the jumper (which she has) and the Shuttle, which is necessary to keep the team, to serve, etc.?
Second mercenary, do not obscure - they have a common mentor - Mastiff. Princess often calls the mercenary known as and tells as a close friend. About Highlander - the plot we remotely control the fight connections the Princess and saves his the wise tactical advice. For the salvation and reward. Actually, it also explains the management of his lance, if landing at the the player's character.
And finally - our hero is no rogue, the author's arbitrariness. The player and character lick as they can - the heroism, the wise guidance of tactical genius - it's all about us.) Connection of the player is not being used as cannon fodder - it's"super commando, not a club, and a stiletto or rapier in the strategic plan. Because we're robbing korowai, but only the most important. And where it will create maximum problems to the enemy.

I special holes in the logic, except for the General plot and cardboard blown pathos not noticed. However, especially wasn't looking.)

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

It is of course all fine, but why would the lens becomes GG tip? We have 4 trueborn with generic names with tons klantee? In the army of Cameos I believe hundreds of furs to create your own special groups is easier because they are 24/7 at your disposal and not at the other end of the aircraft to the moment when they are needed. Besides history (ours) suggests that the morale of the army is falling, when for key roles (such as guard leader) put left-wing mercenaries.

The tip of the blade - front line in battles. GG and lens rather of the shuriken, which is a sword during a battle with swords. But in General I talked about it - the campaign takes place on the restore Cameos, but we're not particularly involved - so you get the tails on the turns. In MK2 and МВ4:your participation more weight due to more local conflicts and much smaller forces on all sides. And МВ4:M no of plot no - a purely random mission.

Normal mercenaries are a very big factor in the sun. As you remember, came Kapelica specific large polar Fox when Deviancy lured Mountaineers, promising them to give Northwind. Then, if he with his lance fell through the earth, well nifiga not changed.

Well, for example it is possible to optimize the drop mechs. Instead of purchase of three units brought the normal arms and legs-the torsos and stuff. And then destroyed you have fur pollutors hand - not a problem, we now new do quickly. What? From shit and sticks?

About the empty and dead world plus already 100 times wrote about it.

Argo - an enchanting piece of shit. I would gladly would have changed it (together with a leopard) on a conventional Union. Yes, it would be less honey and fur points, but they wouldn't have a problem with pirates in space and could be put on the ground. Argo can't sit down (already ridiculous) and generally carries no weapons. He may like to wear a couple of AKI, but in the game they are not introduced to saapuvat players event with attacks are pirates.

As I understand it, the idea of the Argo was the dream life Cameos (or lady Stephanie?), but in the end it did prove gave the mercenaries (probably when I realized that this is a useless piece of shit).
To crash on any planet, and if you come for the Arctic Fox, the ship that can't land on a planet without their own jump engine and not carrying weapons, you do not save.

My dissatisfaction with the game is that it is enough for a few days (even with the Zadar@stage casing side effects), and then no desire to run it. And given the fact that I love the world of BT and cling to anything with mechs. If there is mechs would be tanks or elves with mages, I wouldn't even look at this game.

A
A_QuartZ 17.09.19

You can think of here the conflict is significant.) If you look on the contrary, the quality of pilots and visible to us forces - the hole in the logic I see in the other the number of planets under a single government, in which all forces - regiment-two tractor. Dolphins Cameos that we rescued along with her - her personal elite, not hired. But - tractor well! Although, before the invasion of the clans in some places it was believed that the battalion is sufficient for the initial defense of the planet in wartime, and company - to maintain the power of the governors.

The first line in battles - meat. They only know how to waste damage. Yeah, maybe good at some places. But, no more. Strategic and tactical delights are not for them. And the sense to spend money on learning this in parts with the highest level of losses?

About normal and other mercenaries - there's a little hole in the balance sheet at the script level. In principle, it is possible, theoretically, to pass the most difficult sujecki the same Dolphins, even if there is no leveling, choosing skills and equipment only the plot. A strong player can handle, and this hole story logic. But, it hemorrhoids quite sickly. Here and clears our tactical and strategic genius - to play the game a little better and with less heart than it would be without the quality of pilots and selection of equipment.))

Like the drawings of the power set of the housing a bellows, not a mystery, plate armor and mimery generally universal in books often repairing mechs armor and muscle from other models. Cook polluters fur is not a problem. The problem is that the game removed the factors of the gyroscopes and engine. No Engin and gyro crits. No electronics. Sensor Lok - somehow the chip of the pilot, not the equipment. In the end there are questions to the system salvage and skills, and mechs like the Cicada - intelligence, electronic warfare, command - just useless.

World - I agree. Little. I hope there will be more. The mission of high difficulty quest line of the Great Houses. But, originally this was not planned after all. Like, the money collected for the restart skirmish platforms like Megamek.

Argo in its place only in the mercenary squad, like ours. And just before the advent of the personal jumper. Because it gave. Like Lostech, but in reality - as the meter member can be proud of, but nowhere to apply and more problems than good.)

Well, about a few days - just don't agree. However, it is the territory of personal tastes. I have a total of 5000+ days in the two quarries was catching up, another week play - will go on the third trip, with mods.)

A
A_QuartZ 17.09.19

Oooo... So I copy-paste communicate? Whole chunks zelenovatye forum Gochi, without links and other things, as an opinion. Are you one on the Internet, and the rest of the people about the other sites you don't know? Shy to link to the source, shame on you.) Ekspert, damn it.)

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

Did not survive passed the game in 3 days in spite of localization ( because of the lack of ru did not buy immediately). The story is short. High LVL mechs enough to swear. Very little. In General for this game are VERY few mechs. A lot of things you can add to the game. Very tired of the interface in space. Very nadoli journey. Lose only the time on the flight. All sorts of little guns and so on. The drop could be taken from an RPG . Color scheme on the quality pukolki. There is no information where to buy. Yes, and flying and waiting for flights is also not very desirable. The lack of choice of the mother ship and drop cleat. IMHO 5 ppl party more interesting. No implementation Ala Topol-M" missile in the class. Where one rocket is flying and so a good hammer. Very much lacking.
But as a fan of Front Mission is a breath of fresh air. Waited so long for this game plan. Years probably 20. Even with the fact that there is a very nice game. I think the best commendation from me will be buying it. I'll wait for the first DLS and be sure to buy. What you all want.
8/10 - minus points for a short story and a small number of strands.

D
Deimos-D 17.09.19

It turns out that if the reinforcement appears simultaneously with the main forces is a critical bug that prevents to play to many players from the official forum...