3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trantox 18.09.19 08:08 pm

Violence and drugs in Fallout (Fallout 3)

Personally, I drastically did not like the fact that in F3 you can't kill children, and replacing real drugs for imaginary. I hope that at least the graves you can dig up and become a slaver.
Your opinion on the above and generally on the subject.
123 Comments
Sort by:
N
Novi 18.09.19

Resident Smit, thank you, I will answer you with mutual respect. You're one of those whose words I just had to add to it.
Cheryl, in the beginning of the topic people were saying that they want freedom, not brutality.
They forgot that freedom is the ability to do good.
They just need to remember.
And since Bethesda has introduced at least such a restriction, then their opinion does not coincide with yours. With them argue?

G
Guardian. 18.09.19

I not absolutely still, does the game have sex, whether real appearance and name of the drug if it to kill children, but overall the attitude is more tolerant. It would be very unpleasant, no more. Honestly, I would not began to do these things, in any case, the last two listed.) In Fallout's this is not the place.

Guys, those who say that the impossibility of killing children in the game - the limitation of freedom, I ask you, is the inability to befriend the child, play with him, something to give him, to build a house, work as a doctor or a teacher - not the same restriction of freedom?
Custom thinking on the issue, I will tell you. And many here thought about it? I doubt it.
It will not fit into the mechanics of the game.

Cheryl, in the beginning of the topic people were saying that they want freedom, not brutality.
But the theme is clear - Violence and drugs in Fallout. Therefore, the people say freedom, mean unlimited violence. In addition, for the discussion of sex in the game there is even a separate issue.)

The basis of all flotow - brutality.
Cheryl, I disagree. Either way, brutality is not the word in this case. Really if forbidden to kill children, to digging up graves in Fallout there's no reason to play? Undoubtedly, this is one of the major components of the success of the series, but not the main thing, and if the basis, not the only one. In fact, if you keep in mind a brutality special cynicism, rigidity, dismemberment in General, Yes, one of the foundations.

Resident Smit
When the theme after necrophilia, masochism and bestiality are still pedophiles and other perverts are(irony)?! It's realism!))))))
xD

In my opinion, slice in the game is overkill.
In my humble opinion, hard dismemberment is one of the many important components of the game. This gives it a special charm. You know, it's introduced is not a 3rd part...
Famous perk bloodbath... which I have not used it adversely affects the realism of the game.)

(and anything similar), I play even take place I would not - would break the disk in half and in the bucket, and Bethesda would mean I have a black list.
Support! But if there was something like with two girls, I wouldn't otkazalsa... Yes, I write regarding the issue of biased.) It's a joke, of course.

And would have extended this law to the whole world(except the US and NATO countries)!
You're a cruel man...)) in Fact, the consequences of this already have a place to be...

My advice is to play and write shit(especially those who recently boasted that without hesitation will kill the...child. Just like that!), go to be examined by a psychiatrist!
Then in the game... But I did not in any way do not justify.

In my opinion Bethesda and so became on the very edge of the line, so don't expect more from it.
You played Manhunt 2 Rockstar Games? There has crossed that line... you Can vividly describe the beginning of the game, which gameplay is based on the brutal murders of a maniac such as people, like himself, only slightly adequate.

If people have a bad imagination, that is their problem, not Bethesda.
Not so the right word. I would say, perverse imagination.

As for the permissiveness, that must be around the border.
Golden words, +1.

Please moderator me not to be offended.
In this thread people Express their opinion on the issue of what is permitted in the game, and you're one of these people. I'll tell you more, you did not just say that children can not kill, but all competently and clearly justified. Respect.
For what they are you offended?

G
Grand Theft Aero 18.09.19

The Happy Person... manhunt 2 was released earlier in America.Then it was banned.2 years manhunt 2 was banned for sale in all countries!With FALLOUT 3 it would have been much worse.And he came in 2015!

K
Kuro no Shinigami 18.09.19

Guys, those who say that the impossibility of killing children in the game - the limitation of freedom, I ask you, is the inability to befriend the child, play with him, something to give him, to build a house, work as a doctor or a teacher - not the same restriction of freedom? some (but not all) people want their alterego in the game (especially role-playing games), it was like God (or at least demigod) - mega pumped pers, which alone makes an army and dictate terms to the world...well, God-neboh, but not a total loser turned out...to save the world and humanity it is necessary to revive (I'm already talking about fall), but not with kids playing and teacher to work...but the above is in the Sims...

That is famous perk bloodbath the statistics speak for themselves - the majority of players in the first part I take it...

In my opinion Bethesda and so became on the very edge of the line, so don't expect more from it.You played Manhunt 2 Rockstar Games? There has crossed that line...
And not just her...But for me it is there to the brink of a much reached - the world after the war turned in some incredible. Unlike a bleak future after the Apocalypse...

Is that the game is not and opportunities to do many good deeds, some of which I listed does not restrict your freedom?
1 Children if you try to talk suggest to go to places not so remote....
2 Give them a reason - you steal all that you can...
3 If in anarchy to build a house (i.e. permanent residence), it is best fortress surrounded by a force shield,with guns removed from the cruiser, and the army Computer inside (everything can happen) but this is impossible. Ordinary cabin either privatized or demolished...as they say on the Moors rule of law institutions, no and the one who is stronger.
4 the teacher/doctor then it is better in the shelter to stay and work there...
My personal freedom is not limited)))...

they have forgotten that freedom is the ability to do good... Freedom is a relative term...to some,for example, freedom in the game is the ability to answer Yes/no in the dialogue.
good good, but in KOTOR'e to go on the dark side was not worse than light. And sometimes better (I hope everyone remembers that only a Sith can destroy a planet by force and live on after death. Sorry that is not the topic)...

PS. this text is the personal opinion of the author, which may not correspond (or coincide) with the opinions of others...

N
Novi 18.09.19

The Happy Person what I listed may not fit into the mechanics of the game. But this is just examples. To show that freedom is the freedom to choose what you do, not the ability to kill children. And those who complained of freedom (namely, you know, no killing of children in the game), the freedom to understand incorrectly and too narrowly. Too.

For me the Foundation of Fallout has always been a vast world, a journey which will take time and will be interesting and the atmosphere of the wasteland. And the cruelty.. tell me honestly, is if it was less you would be less like this game? After all, no, not in her case.

to save the world and humanity it is necessary to revive (I'm already talking about fall)
To kill children is not necessary, as any civilians. Justification is not passed.

About perk bloodbath. In 15 years I took it (Yes, there was a teenager who still very much not understood). And when the smarter - did not take.

And I thought you understood what I said. I'm talking about the fact that people require freedom in fact, demanded it. They demanded only one degenerate possibility. They'll understand if you think about it.

Your list of four points ... you know, recalled the early grades, do not be offended: He hit me! - But he called me! You complain that the characters did not hurt you?) Okay, it's not to you personally :)

And I'll say it again. Freedom, of course, a relative concept, but too broad. Includes an infinite number of possibilities. Among them there are opportunities to do good. So, speaking to all in General, I would say that the words about freedom sound like an excuse when someone says, making it impossible to kill children in the game, Bethesda has restricted his freedom.

In fact, friends, those who regrets it, I'll tell you: Bethesda has removed only one absolutely stupid possibility. And it will make you a little better.

G
Guardian. 18.09.19

For me, the Foundation of Fallout has always been a vast world, a journey which will take time and will be interesting and the atmosphere of the wasteland.
For me, these foundations... a few Interesting, unusual plot and characters, the atmosphere of hopelessness in the world, a special, eye-catching color scheme, nonlinearity, violence and crude humor.

And the cruelty.. tell me honestly, is if it was less you would be less like this game?
Yeah, so. Cruelty, brutalest, bright cynicism and political satire, I remember as one of the most significant components of the series. Imagine Fallout without all me is difficult.

After all, no, it is not the case.
It is not only her.

The level of hardness in Fallout 3, as before, I was completely satisfied.

To kill children is not necessary, as any civilians. Justification is not passed.
The President's idea of Eden, the preservation of true humanity... FEV virus.

As for perk bloodbath. In 15 years I took it (Yes, there was a teenager who still very much not understood). And when the smarter - did not take.
May I ask why you didn't take it? Personally, I do not take him into Fallout 3 for reasons of preserving the realism of the gameplay. Hate to see a man blown to pieces for no explainable reason.) The previous games in the series, there took. More beautiful scene of victory over the enemy, IMHO. I am not bloodthirsty people, just telling it like it is.

You complain that the characters did not hurt you?) Okay, it's not to you personally :)
Since the question was General...)) This is the excuse for why the villain would kill them.) Partly.

They demanded only one degenerate possibility. They'll understand if you think about it.
Yes, and it's very sad. People think too narrowly.
I now lack the ability to take a few more suitable for my beliefs decisions during the game. The most striking example of this in the final you can't take the side of Colonel Otema, that Bethesda has restricted my freedom, forced to choose the lesser of two evils. Of course, I sided with President Eden, though his position is not the most fair but BS I hate that he is better. Talked now, from the point of view of the protagonist, who has a great future on the post of Colonel. And the option for the country is very good, IMHO.
Any killing of children, the appearance and names of drugs, lack of sex in the game, I thought, so I'm just not interested.

Freedom, of course, a relative concept, but too broad. Includes an infinite number of possibilities. Among them there are opportunities to do good.
According to. Moreover, the idea of good people is different, order, and in fact the game and the nonlinearity...)

And it will make you a little better.
What? For some, it seems, only served as a catalyst to the discontent. Not necessarily that they would have used this opportunity, whether it is introduced in the game. IMHO, no it is not necessary.

Pr1e5t
some (but not all) people want their alterego in the game (especially role-playing games), it was like God (or at least demigod) - mega pumped pers, which alone makes an army and dictate terms to the world...well, God-neboh, but not a total loser turned out...to save the world and humanity it is necessary to revive (I'm already talking about fall)
... And some people like to be negative characters...

And for me there to face many more never came - the world after the war turned in some incredible. Unlike a bleak future after the Apocalypse...
It is difficult to judge IMHO. Initially, the world was not supposed to sound too gloomy, because the direction of the retro-future, all of his striking features present in the game. As for Fallout 3, the game has become more gloomy. Original sand, scorched color scheme changed to something less bright... Again the atmosphere is a benefit not matter. But that is another question.

A
AlexMos 18.09.19

Children should be able to kill in the game, and it's not manieczki inclinations (robed man, he noticed, I was sprosila the entire city, I have it all vines, and then the children running around - not to teleportals not sleep), if I kill the children or adults it does not mean that I will go to the streets and begin to kill them. And that, children without adults will not survive and die hard, agonizing starvation. And people shooting in America in Institute or somewhere else is really a mental neuravnoveshennoe assholes and what they play I will watch TV with nasiliem them pobarabanu. In the game I am an avid thief in real life, I never stole other than buying pirated CDs. about rape is a perversion even in the game.
At the expense of the drug (damn well, the theme went), it is correct that compose the title, would be the real name of the drink the real name of the drug will get the addition of power +5 well, this is advertising of some sort. I'm going to buy gets high, and the fact that intelligence is not enough :) .DRUGS EVIL.
Freedom certainly should be, but within certain limits, no need to go from one extreme to another. Example: full izolirovannoi in the USSR in the USSR there is no sex, and complete freedom, when the TV is on it is impossible - the truth gushes out of all the cracks Ksenia Sobchak.

N
Novi 18.09.19

Guardian of Peace
What? For some, it seems, only served as a catalyst to the discontent.
If the addict has a drug to take, he too will be unhappy. How. Even outraged.
And I agree that discontent is ridiculous. Will understand. Some sooner, some later, but understand.

Glad you agree with me in the main. About the fact that the people demanded freedom, and the same degenerative features. And what about the diversity of freedom. All I can say. The good - the concept is not relative, but absolute. So, it can't be different views.

About perk. When you grow up, you know that this is not a more beautiful. It generally does not can be beautiful.
For many it becomes simply unnecessary to many, this is abhorrent.
At 15, I not always thought adequate.
You wondered why I did not take this perk then. It's simple: I did not stay forever 15-year-old.

Since the question was General...)) This is the excuse for why the villain would kill them.) Partly.
Admit it, man, seriously that such a justification does not perceive - you yourself wrote about him with smiles. Ridiculous also.

And once again. For the revival of peace and salvation of humankind that wrote to me, don't need to kill children. Because in the game there is this idiocy.

And violence may not be one of the o n on the game. Because it turns out that the game faceless. That is, ill play any game and say that it is the fallout?
And the man to you said this is the basis. Surprising.
You've listed what for you is the basics of this game. Get any of them but violence, the game will lose a lot.

AlexMos
And while children without an adult will not survive
That's an excuse?

K

Your list of four points ... you know, recalled the early grades, do not be offended: He hit me! - But he called me! You complain that the characters did not hurt you?) Okay, it's not to you personally :) and again misunderstood me... I just Have no desire (and reason) to help young brats in the fall...and not only me, they enrage in this game...for me they are just a bump in the road to the shelter...
And what's the idea of a fortress does not work ?)))
And personally, I don't seem to be a combination of normal civilian activity (work as a teacher, for example) with the main story line in the style of ...and now we will integrate with the BS (although I did better with the Enclave) and go to revive mankind...

Well, mass genocide - this is a kind of emotional stimulation... the brain switches off and only works the spinal cord (especially slashers). AlexMos tells you the truth - this maniacs do not get...

For the revival of peace and salvation of humankind that wrote to me, don't need to kill children. Because the game has no this idiocy
native, and you thought that children who live so many years, with shelter from strong radiation (on the main background shes too upset) is not mutated ? How naive. Do you think FEV will stop what they are children ? And the kids are mutants- one of the dangers for uninfected humanity... you still this GoP wrote the President's Idea of Eden, the preservation of true humanity... FEV virus.

Bethesda has restricted my freedom, forced to choose the lesser of two evils she will continue to do so in Broken Steel. Waiting for mods such as servant of the Dawn for TES 4.

And if you talk murder and cruelty makes you maniacs it is better games do not play... Because to shoot pixels on a humanoid pile of pixels is also cruelty

And mostly the theme of the game for good character outlived its usefulness long ago... For me it's tedious, boring and not interesting...

P
Palpra Gumsveraz[pokinul 18.09.19

Again Pr1e5t in the Enclave suffered. And that's it + plays evil character.

And mostly the theme of the game for good character outlived its usefulness long ago... For me it's tedious, boring and not interesting...
Someone like... Though it all depends on the interests and mindset of the player, as well as his personal preferences and worldview, so speak for yourself!
Your support AlexMos clear to me - very much you are views are similar, and probably both sympathize with the Enclave, so I see it as solidarity:
AlexMos
And that children without adults will not survive and die hard, agonizing starvation. Something it reminds me of...

a
astrozombie 18.09.19

no..of course pretty stupid...if you have children,so need to be able to kill them(especially hate that if one thread is good valnut,and next to a child thread,he grabs a gun and wets you,bitch),if there are whores,so need to be able to fuck them,well, in General, etc ...

G
Guardian. 18.09.19

And that children without adults will not survive and die hard, agonizing starvation.
Not a fact. How about this little Lampaat?

And people shooting in America in Institute or somewhere else is really a mental neuravnoveshennoe are jerks.
I agree.

about rape is a perversion even in the game.
Right?) Justify...
What a double morality is that? How about cannibalism in the game?

Freedom of course should be, but within certain limits, no need to go from one extreme to another.
Depends on the perception of these particular part of Bethesda. They decided that the cannibalism, the brutal dismemberment and mass murder (FEV) in the game, and sex and its deviations, the killing of children and the real appearance and names of drugs - no. Well? True.

If the addict has a drug to take, he too will be unhappy. How. Even indignant.
IMHO, not such a good comparison. Because they don't live for violence in video games, not dependent on it, isn't it?

About versatility and freedom. All I can say. The good - the concept is not relative, but absolute. So, it can't be different views.
Nevertheless, this is the place to be. I see the good - the revival of the country from the ruins at any cost - in taking sides Enclave. But many disagree with me.

And I agree that discontent is ridiculous. Will understand. Some sooner, some later, but you will understand.
Understand, if you want.

As perk. When you grow up, you know that this is not a more beautiful. It generally does not can be beautiful.
For many it becomes simply unnecessary to many, this is abhorrent.
But I don't think so. Quite nice, considering the sprite graphics. IMHO.

At 15, I not always thought adequate.
How does this affect the question of the adequacy of...?

You wondered why I did not take this perk then. It's simple: I did not stay forever 15-year-old.
Well, of course.

I agree, friend, that is seriously such a justification does not perceive - you yourself wrote about him with smiles. Ridiculous the same.
Yes, it is, of course, more a joke. And still, if to play a negative character... Some people do not need a reason.

And yet again. For the revival of peace and salvation of humankind that wrote to me, don't need to kill children. Because in the game there is this idiocy.
If you play good character, the Savior Stolichna Wasteland, the last hope humanity - of course not. But the storyline and the ending of the game is nonlinear.
I regard the salvation of mankind and the revival of the country to take the part of the Enclave, the use of the FEV virus.

You listed, what for you is the basics of this game. Get any of them but violence, the game will lose a lot.
If you remove the brutality of the game will lose a lot. Everyone has their own point of view.

And violence may not be one of the o n on the game. Because it turns out that the game faceless.
Do not understand the justification. What znachet faceless? In the game the stiffness submitted together with cynicism, brutal murders, political satire and harsh humor. One.

That is, ill play any game and say that it is the fallout?
You obzats above I have explained his point of view on the issue.

it will continue to do so in Broken Steelю
Yes... this is Not right.

And if you talk murder and cruelty makes you maniacs it is better games do not play... Because to shoot pixels on a humanoid pile of pixels is also cruelty
Solidarity.
I liked to play Manhunt 2, but it did not change me in real life. But it the level of violence is much higher than Fallout 3.

they are for me just an obstacle on the way to the shelter...
And again everything is correct. How many ways to pass? Three. Eloquence, perk, completing a quest. If the character is negative, then what prevents him from just force to clear a path to kill those who resist and stand in his way?

...and now we will integrate with the BS (although I did better with the Enclave) and go to revive humanity...
Remember the location of the Springvale School.)

mother, do you think that children who live so many years, with shelter from strong radiation (on the main background shes too upset) is not mutated ? How naive. Do you think FEV will stop what they are children ? And the kids are mutants- one of the dangers for uninfected humanity...
All right.
From the point of view of the President of Eden - perfect even.

G
Guardian. 18.09.19

Resident Smit
Again Pr1e5t in the Enclave suffered. And that's it + plays evil character.
Sympathy for the Enclave and odergivaniya negative character is not vzamosvyazano, IMHO.

Someone like... Though it all depends on the interests and mindset of the player, as well as his personal preferences and worldview, so speak for yourself!
&
Some like it, some not... the Main thing - freedom of choice, in the game she provided us only partially, but, IMHO, in razumnyy this enough. Unfortunately, the final choice is not so happy.

Your support AlexMos clear to me - very much you are views are similar, and probably both sympathize with the Enclave, so I see it as solidarity:
AlexMos
And that children without adults will not survive and die hard, agonizing starvation. Something it reminds me of...
Not only as my thoughts about the meaninglessness of life at the Capital demi Postiche the topic the Enclave...)

K

it all depends on the interests and mindset of the player, as well as his personal preferences and worldview, so speak for yourself I speak for myself - since the first KOTOR'a and his like I'm on the dark side of the force...
(I have in every post to put this text is the personal opinion of the author, which may not coincide with the opinions of others...and maybe the same... ?)))

Again Pr1e5t in the Enclave suffered a Well done - in BS I didn't get + better not here to write what I think about them (the ban for obscene statements no one has yet canceled) and gazebo with a variety of other organizations neslozhilos...and I still think that my nick leaning...

The good and the concept is not relative, but absolute. So, it may not be of different representations of the Nonsense...let me give a simple example: for the farmer good - to protect his herd from, say, a wolf, and the wolf welcome to bring their puppies to eat...

They decided that the cannibalism, the brutal dismemberment and mass murder (FEV) in the game, and sex and its deviations, the killing of children and the real appearance and names of drugs - no. Well? True. it also depends on the region...for example in America violence is considered normal, and in Europe, on the contrary, no violence but a bit of xxx is possible.(although I this arrangement of the preoritety not sure - maybe the opposite, just have heard about it). We have,for example , generally on the ratings of the stores do not look and anything for sale at ban...

PS. I was tormented by vague doubts that history repeats itself with the theme of the Enclave...a set of actors around like in the end...

P

Pr1e5t
Well done - in BS I didn't get + better not here to write what I think about them (the ban for obscene statements no one has yet canceled) and gazebo with a variety of other organizations neslozhilos...and I still think that my nick leaning...
Similarly treat the Enclave, now 6 years of playing exclusively good characters. So we look forward to meeting Pr1e5t evil Sith, Jedi Resident Smit will not retreat!)))

Sympathy for the Enclave and odergivaniya negative character is not vzamosvyazano, IMHO.
Hmm! You must have some special concept of the good character. The mass murder of the population of the Wasteland - welcome to the Enclave(the minority), but not for the natives. I already go to the side of the Enclave in the game(if there was such a possibility) is a game for Evil.

K

Resident Smit
So we look forward to meeting Pr1e5t evil Sith, Jedi Resident Smit will not retreat!))) See you soon in Star Wars: The Old Republic)))
Note - I am the dark Lord of the Sith (Sith Lord) and not just the Sith...

Killing ghouls - welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel, but not for ghouls)))...

P

Soon we'll meet in Star Wars: The Old Republic)))
Note - I am the dark Lord of the Sith (Sith Lord) and not just the Sith...
I'm Star Wars not so good! Whatever it is called main Jedi(title)?)))

N
Novi 18.09.19

Good is not the only purpose. And sometimes and not so much in them. Often more important than methods.
And we all know from childhood what is good. This is an absolute concept.
And options with a virus.. this is good can not be.
And to say that wolf good to bring to eat their puppies.. animals have no good and evil. Example is not suitable.

Returning to the beginning of the topic. I just don't understand how you can resent the impossibility of killing children in the game. It's just a ridiculous claim. The thought creeps in, friends that you've pinned. You can not seriously sorry about this.

Pr1e5t, those 4 points.. this particular, you know? And the main thing is that if someone says freedom, he must desire freedom. The multifaceted freedom. And not a degenerative one possible, as I wrote.

Guardian of Peace, about the perk. Understand when you grow up, you realize that many of your actions, even seemingly insignificant and quite relevant to the adequacy. I was able to take advantage of bloodbath in 15, it was kind of cool. But to imagine an adult who will take it, I can't.
Understand, if you want.
We will wait, when I want :)

astrozombie, my friend, you think too narrowly. Read what I wrote earlier. If you have children, should be able to do for them something good. Here freedom.

G
Guardian. 18.09.19

...good for Enclave(the minority)...
It's not for the good of the people of the Enclave, and for the revival of the country...

We all know from childhood what is good. This is an absolute concept.
And options with a virus.. this is good can not be.
IMHO, no, it's not. If this is not good, the purpose of revival of the country bright. I justified my position in the relevant subject.

Good, not only in order. And sometimes and not so much in them. Often the methods more important.
I admit it. The selected methods are quite inhumane, but what to do? To take the side of Colonel Otema is not given, his position is closer to me...
President Eden: Please recognize that the fate of our country rest enture on this plan.

Guardian of Peace, about the perk. Understand when you grow up, you realize that many of your actions, even seemingly insignificant and quite relevant to the adequacy. I was able to take advantage of bloodbath in 15, it was kind of cool. But to imagine an adult who will take it, I can't.
I do not agree.
At the time, playing in the first part, I took this perk for the reason that I like to see a better death scenes on sprite graphics. My adequacy, now that earlier, this affect could not in any way.
Again, in Fallout 3 I didn't take this perk due to the distortion of realism in the game, stiffness, it is possible to tell, superfluous.

If you have children, should be able to do for them something good. Here is freedom.
In fact, this is the place fully.

N
Novi 18.09.19

But not in full. It is impossible to realize them. Just more important to implement good.