3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
ColonelJason 23.09.19 11:03 am

Impressions of the game (Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

The game, of course, expected, but with considerable misgivings. Previous expected me classic isometric rpg- PoE ( and its many clones) was for me a huge disappointment, as was she, in my opinion, is not an RPG, but grafomanskie knizhenko game, with a bunch of stupid text, mournful gameplay, curve mechanics and stupid dialogues without meaning and consequences. Frankly, I thought that this game would be a hack of the series. But it seems that, fortunately, were not justified.
So, we have, at this time, in fact, a classic isometric RPG.
First, we have probably the best role-playing mechanics, Ad&d, in its humanized form (who do not know, Pathfinder is originally a tabletop role-playing system based on Ad&d, but somewhat simplified and intended to liberate players from unnecessary problems). And what is especially important system comprehensively reveals gameplay, but more on that later.
Secondly-the interface. I think it is possible without any pathos to argue that it is the best interface for the role-play of all that has ever been made.I'm serious. The impression that the creators of the 20 years he collected feedback about issues of interface Baldurs Gate, and thought about how to fix them. Here is all. Maximum ergonomics, maximum informativeness, maximum intuitiveness - you just think how would I do this?, and under the mouse there is a button. Plus, it perfectly describes the very mechanics of ( what PF is simplified ad&d, doesn't mean he is not huge, not versatile and not deep.). In the same Baldurs Gate of descriptiveness was not enough, and then even people not heard of the tabletop RPG will quickly enter the skill that gives how does this spell work, etc. (although I confess that I, with the knowledge of how nastolka, is it easier to understand all the subtleties).
About the gameplay. For completing the prologue, it was observed: variability, consequences of the decisions (surprise), the float with the team, the use of dialogue skills and characteristics that inserts books-games(very organic and simple, not as in PoE)- in short, everything that my taste should be in a real RPG.
In General, I recommend to everyone to learn about and purchase. And sincerely sympathize with the Bard's tale, which is not fortunate to go in at one time with this game, but still cost nearly twice as expensive, despite the fact that he is...
90 Comments
Sort by:
S
Seguro 23.09.19

Overall, the toy is not bad, but a couple of moments wildly enraged. First, bugs. Secondly, you cannot undo support projects, which flew with more than one quest party members. And the quests are hanging long

g
gildemar 23.09.19

DjinSan
hate the game that 90% of the locations are in fact empty
Here I fully support.

S
Sir_kokainum 23.09.19

The game is not bad. To original sin 2 strongly does not hold, but the text-part of the story is more interesting than the two pillars.

And now for the cons.
Partners... absolutely, totally, irrevocably stereotyped, dull and uninteresting. Seriously, can you dilute a bit of a cliche!?!?! We have a choice: a Woman, a barbarian, a woman-a feminist, a cheerful woman with a heavy past, a cheerful woman adventurer, dark woman, a dark man with a heavy past, a smart-ass Goblin, sarcastic scientist, a gloomy man who lost his family and typical of the good priest. Remember history possessed more or elf-killer of divinity and then look at the local Persians and their ubogonky quests and getting as much disgusted. Compounding the situation is that conversations with them at the bare minimum, and the Persians react to events one or two phrases. What kind of immersion in the world.

And the second problem combines thousands of small problemok called the game DESIGN of the SMOKER. Smoker some miracle herb. Why from the throne room you can't just go on the global map? Why during help in improving the parameters of the Barony quests fail to meet with the dudes, BARON PANCAKE IN the CAPITAL SITTING!!! Why in safe lokah the fog of war? (Longer to look for the right Persian?) WHY IN the INVENTORY, NO AUTOMATIC SORTING, and have to manually rearrange the items in the empty cells after the sale!? WHERE THE MARKS QUESTS ON THE GLOBAL MAP??? Why the hell do the caves SO dark??? The court has long not 2000 year. There are plenty of examples of how to do quite a friendly and nice isometric RPG, but developed like do not look back on 18 years of industry development and sawing gameplay straight from the beginning of the century. With all its senseless annoying features.

As a result, the assets of the game only a good story (I went better than in the pillars). The gameplay is bad. The campaign is boring(at least one fresh idea with the elf and Orc shit sometimes on the basis of the relationship). And appendage, just a sea of disgusting annoying features, which I have on the 5th hour is kindled like I'm not playing classic RPGs, and, after a two year hiatus, again, why it came to play lol.
In 2005, I could spend 2 hours on pointless climbing on fucking dungeon when the NPC in conversation on the surface said: he is somewhere in the dungeon. After all, nifiga not clear that you need to talk to the same NPC, but in a dungeon where he will tell you where it hid the fugitive and open the secret door. Sitting down to play an RPG in the evening after work, I want to be sure that I will be a good story, and at least bespoleznyj activities (grind/backtracking/etc).
Came to quest with Barnholden - scored. Yes, I passed the 4th resident on the computer with the aiming on the keyboard. Yes, I played NWN-2 without Internet guides weeks tuples where the same damn going to do this quest. But those days are long gone and should not return! Not again transfer to the horses or in the age of mobile Internet to use the pager.

F
Fedmoped 23.09.19

The game is excellent! No need to compare with other types of pillars and originalov etc D&D classic! The developers did a great job! Honor and praise Them. And when they (unintelligible idiopaticescoe expression) finished the mechanics, will praise this creation forever!

P
Pelmen dobra 23.09.19

Sir_kokainum
Satellites chic, clichés are generally available, of course. But, if I see that cliché everywhere (the same witch - cold woman a bitch, a fun bitch chick, fun just a woman etc). Then there will be spoilers.
Good man
Spoilera quite good and not quite man.
The game makes you think, I'm so used to games now leads the handle, this did not immediately realize what to do, how to play, where to go.

Z
Zloy Duh Yambuya 23.09.19

Guys, tell me is a mod or something on this style of equipment in the game? If you mod, give the link where to download:)

Spoiler

D
DjinSan 23.09.19

The Evil Spirit Of Yambuya
This is an old version. This interface was in alpha, after it is altered.

T
Tonatiu 23.09.19

Sit down to play every night and close the game Alt F4 after some sort of annoying little things, like an indispersible fog without performing left job or sudden spam of any monsters on the map of the Kingdom during the forced pass moves. Visually all is good, however I all the time hochetsa out the camera, it's like playing the first Prince, even the desire to play solo appeared only would the fight card became looser. Random battles full hat, remember Balde this happened infrequently, but then when you're a full party to run for three fucking kobolds, the thieves in the same amount begin to doubt the sanity of the game world and those who created it and all of this is ska on the same map ahnna Cho, plus any duplicate bio mortality, after reaching the desired place already too lazy to continue playing. As Kumar from the Intro which I want skipnet after the start, I remember бг2 in which the monologue of irenicus was learned nah blah blah blah Antoci different will continue with the experiments or the last pillars with a walk to the women of the war, blgd 2018 I can spend a lot of time on character creation, but too lazy to continue because there again this psdeg. Tolerable translation, but the translation of the Board game the game... XS I like game incarnation, I do not understand nah thief offered as a skill additional to the weapons that he cannot use and notes about it not all done so clumsily that often get the bug it or a feature from which to understand the desire disappears. Well, the rain starting to walk, things get wet in the armor is hard or the wind is good though undue delay of the game. Even now I sit and think back to the game as it seems interesting, but to replay the piece so you do not want that to activate the game just don't get it, do not want to be a mouse chewing a cactus.

x
xa4apuri2015 23.09.19

Guys I can't play , as was the Baron can't go out from the capital event that someone came, all me need to talk, you need to sit constantly in the capital. I missed a couple of events - decided to go Troll could, so killing people fell the spirit of the army and so on... in General this I a bug? or soon it will end and you can go play on?

F
Fox Blue 23.09.19

The only negative so far - limited number of spells from the magic classes, like scrolls ending thinking.And better course step-by-step system than running six bots to control .In divinity of a silly cartoon world with talking treasure chests, wells, rats, and silly humor, but the fight will be top class ,and in Kingmaker stupid combat system ,but I like the seriousness.That would be each other the atmosphere with baicoi to change .In divinity by the Magi is a pleasure to play ,spells for payback that's it ,and one use only - stupidity.

x
xa4apuri2015 23.09.19

The Evil Spirit Of Yambuya
Just nonsense event appears to repel the attack of wolves 20+ numbers I sent the General there it takes like 14 days and you have to decide before the 1st number, Then on the 30th of the climbs of events to repel the attack of trolls and also to decide before the 1st number, and the General only my 4th released.

Then come to me beggars of all sorts, I listen to them - and then reporting events, then again all in a circle - wolves, trolls, weeds. And capital not to leave

x
xa4apuri2015 23.09.19

In General I don't know the rules or not, I'm in the middle of the month there is an event with Troll-I'm sending the General. And on the 30th of the event appears again, with Troll , and my General still with the fighting( both need to go to the 1st of every new month), the result is not progenie event or minus the stability( it has already fallen to zero) and the population. Is this normal? there is one such fun?

A
Aleksey Bogdagov 23.09.19

Could not resist not to write. The game comes to me. And yet in spite of all its irregularities with the speed of downloads, bugs and complexity. The game is really for those who want to think about BG, Фэлл1-2, NVN and PoE. I can't understand those who are beginning to say that the game is not a trend. I want to see them when RPGs like Witcher after 15 years, twist to the level of current Godofwar and they'll be called an old fart because of the fact that the mechanics of the game the Witcher 8 very difficult for them... Yes, this game is about how you can't begin to pass the game on 1 of the head because 2-3 weeks choose class GP. Yes, this game is about how you blessa against the wall when once again your 6 bend over, because you forgot to throw a grenade into a pack of spiders. But that's the beauty of these games. You choose the role you want to play. This is the transcript of an RPG.

d
dizz2010 23.09.19

In solidarity with Alexei Buldogov !
The game has gone. I have not received such pleasure from the game. Ran a bunch of builds multi and mono grades! Don't really want to rush in the game. Like!
Pillars and the first and second, Tyranny and the new Planscape not logged in. Or too overcomplicated with philosophy, so depressing and boring! I do not know.

A
Aleksey Bogdagov 23.09.19

Playing in early in Piercy 1 and 2, and now in PF, I is beginning to burn hope for a decent game about a Dark elf with his companions. Maybe the series will start finally. Especially Salvatore scribbled a decent amount of stuff on it. Know soap a dream, well, then...

091 23.09.19

I liked the plot and local diversity.
A system with virtual cubes do sometimes brings the most unexpected moments :)

Not happy only the abundance of bugs.
-Now on the latest version(1.12) - if from the game to main menu exit, the screen darkens. But if re-booting - it is not clear what is happening with the mechanics of the game)

V
VitalAR 23.09.19

Passed the game and now I can share impressions. But first I want to say to those who are trying to compare the game with others. Imagine that Pathfinder is a Board game, Piercy (PoE) the book of Divinity (DOS) - an attraction, and YES:ABOUT the film. Now try to compare the ride with a book or a movie from a Board game. As for me, it is absurd to compare - to each his own entertainment. Although some of the mechanics of different games can be compared. But again it is a question of taste and personal opinion.Now about the game.

Pros:
1. A MAIN PLOT. It was great and epic. World events are very atmospheric. Suggest to play though the guides on the passage, otherwise you will deprive yourself of a huge share of impressions. Each Chapter is unique as the location, and unexpected twists.
2. The MEMBERS. Each has a distinct character and history. Even as a the advisers of their dialogues will be according to the character. Besides, everyone has unexpected stories and quests opening each Chapter. Some even begin to empathize with :).
3. MECHANICS. Do not recall that something similar came out after NW2. So for fans of D&D is a"breath of fresh air.

Ambiguous:
1. THE GOVERNANCE OF THE KINGDOM. Cards that have to rolith what to predloziti continue to play. Spend them a lot of time. After each Chapter you are given the rest of 200-300 days. We can say that this approach plus. I feel like a Manager, not an errand boy. The feeling of the waves. The pressing time is to catch all at once the main problem of the head, then relaxed as the roll cards. But the downside is tiring already to 4-5th chapters. Especially because kartochke often the same. This approach is already used in YES Incivile. Me and there, they are not particularly liked, but at least in the Inquisition they were unique, and not so strained that the player was afraid to move away from the control Desk in order not to miss important.

Cons:
1. LOCATION. Where 60 percent of the locations are monotonous (or empty) and do not differ much from random encounters in which we are loaded - kill the monster or the pack - take loot - exit to the map (load). The feeling that the developers ran out of time for revision of the world. This is especially felt in the locations after the 5th Chapter. Locations like hastily created and filled with monsters and loot.
2. EXPERIENCE. Huge shortage. Finished the game having 18 LVL before the final boss And this despite the fact that I do all possible quests, went through all the possible skill checks, clearing all the traps and cleared out the entire map. To grind a few hundred random encounters I just did not have the patience In my opinion a strange distribution. For quests give so minuscule that there is no desire to do them. Here is an example: in the 5th Chapter of the monster we get from 450 to 900хр, traps 750хр, for quest party members 2400хр, for the side quest 900хр for validation skills 35+ 3900хр, 41+ 32000хр, from 14 to 15 it is necessary to collect 150000хр. Hence the conclusion that it is better to do? Right! Rollit test the skills, disarm traps, grindal random encounters and forget about side quests. Better would have changed the XP skill checks and quests, and increased the overall experience of percent on 20-30% that gave at least 7 chapters to play 20 lvlom.
3. UNIFORM SETTLEMENT. The capture of the territories we are building a settlement. The downside is that they are monotonous and indistinguishable. For example, I build the smithy, the tavern and the shop of the herbalist, and after going to the village to see them. But no. I go and see a few LDCs with 1 trader food and maybe quest items character.And even if we stayed the shop in the settlement for quest characters - nothing will change - still there on the street. Not change even if we improve to the village.
4. THE LACK OF INFORMATION AND CHAOTICALLY RUNNING MECHANICS. Not enough coherent information in the encyclopedia, for example, debifam/States, monsters. It is difficult to say what is bug and what is not, when the spell descriptions do not correspond to actions. For example how is the player supposed to guess that the Freedom of movement prevents Paralysis is in name only spells. Also the mechanics at this stage in chaos. This applies both lost the skill, Batam and spells ignore saves. Noticed the hell that Favorite element increased damage , but after a few patches began to increase the complexity of the spells. I have the feeling that the developers changed the mechanics on the go.
5. THE LACK OF CRAFTING. With such a wide variety of weapons is a severe shortage of crafate. Yes of course there are quest characters who will supply weapons and armor, but all of this randomly.

RESULT. Even with all the cons and bugs (which are pretty forced to burn), the game left a good impression. And I am sure it will be back in another year :).
PS. For peacekeeping/perfect of passage believe that he should be neutral good (will resolve a few conflicts and have access to the replicas). So farewell to monks and paladins. But that's my opinion. And everyone has a choice in the options for passing :)

a
alek001 23.09.19

the impression one: to wait.
all the same,as was the case with ROJA,DOS or WЕSTLAND2,i.e. at the start of play almost impossible.
again,to get pleasure from the game, you have to wait until I'm finished.IMHO

M
Max Mayen 23.09.19

Most of the game downloads in locations between transitions spend spend, well, plus save\load because of the absolute randomness that's stupid at all
Quick life hack how to pass the test in the dialogues - stupid game save\load
Do not level the belief of\knowledge was practically all the same and about the chests\traps

O
Oldyrev Sergey 23.09.19

It's an awesome game classic. This BG, IWD,NW. Through the familiar mechanics...And an amazing difference in boevka with\no training.
There are certain cons - location is empty and frequent loading, static landscape - there is little change in the locations as they pass. But all this takes time - maybe the second part will be better!
Overall impression of the game positive.