3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shifroval 15.03.20 02:02 pm

Technical problems in Half-Life 2 v.2 (Half-Life 2)

If You have any problem with Half-Life 2, ask your question here. If possible, provide a screenshot of your post (but not full-size!), using the PIX. If any of the answers helped You, don't forget to report this - it may help future users.

The previous version of the theme.
197 Comments
Sort by:
D
DarkDestr 15.03.20

Passed the game but while passing continuously after the download location has got the inscription NOTE OF the GRAPH.... at the same hangs.Then droops and everything works on.But in the end noticed a glitch that makes the NPC say the repair is animation for example welding.and the NPC standing hands apart as a figure in the editor and in the hands of spark type do the repair.In General I have Windows 7 64 bit.And a laptop.But before such was not.Zanogo put and played the second part and 2 episodes.and everywhere this error.While black mazoi on the engine nalf life 2 everything is OK. I think it's cheto Repack means.

C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

Yes, it's just a pirate problem. The first (label and freeze) with the second not connected, hanging simply from the fact that the game is working on a navigation path to the NPC. And animations of welding and some more — just these animations from models in Repack missing. In principle, this game is not affected. And upload the Node Graph can be disabled by opening the file Repack ep2\cfg\autoexec.cfg and writing (or changing if already there) a line ai_norebuildgraph 1.

D
DarkDestr 15.03.20

Thank you.Just my archive to disk wanted to put it in and got this error.I began to doubt)

D
DarknessSpectre 15.03.20

Hello, I have long been concerned about some things From HL2, and HL2 EP1. When running both does not play the screensaver (it's not so important). In the first episode after beating the game it immediately crashes without showing commercials. And both of these parts if they collapse, then expand both error. Operating system Windows 8 (on Windows 7 the same nonsense was) 64 bit. What could be the problem?

I
InterFeys 15.03.20

Darkness Spectre
In the first case, they may in launch options are command -dev or -novid.

if you deploy both, it generates an error
What is it? What does he say?

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

And even if the screenshot is not visible, the game runs in 32 bit mode
And what else, Holy smoke? 64-bit source'a no, and with a probability of 99% will not.
And put this screenshot in spoiler at least, 700 KB weighs the same. If everyone would put a meter screen, the theme will soon be loaded and brake.

And both of these parts if they collapse, then expand both error.
I've had it on XP, even with the KSS seem to on pirates. But to me it somehow does not interfere with the folding/unfolding games not fond of.
If you must temporarily exit the game - start window, in full resolution, if it is critical (adjust the options-width and -height). Eg. if you have rabstol 1600*900, you can run, say, 1580x860, for example, to open the veil to the maximum screen area.
However, it is possible that there is a problem with the drivers for the video card, I suggest you to update them if you didn't. However, if 7ke crashes happened a long time ago, this problem seems to move from version to version, and there is nothing you can do... Or the problem is something else.

In the first episode after beating the game it immediately crashes without showing commercials.
So you really need these videos? In the end, you can extract them from the GCF and see for yourself.
In General, this indicates a problem with the codecs. Or is bink doesn't want to work on 7ke/8ке, or source doesn't want to connect a standard Windows libraries for video playback (as far as I remember, the teaser at the end of EP2 is wmv). Verifying game cache did? It can be broken, check the pump is damaged GCFки.
If you do not help, the last thing I can advise is to install XP in dualboot with 7кой/8кой maybe there are no such problems. In any case, it does not hurt, in our time tanabayevich screws to allocate 10-20 gigs under Crap with a clear conscience. Just bear in mind that after you install XP bootloader 7s/8 will likely break (it should be the opposite, first XP to put, and then 7ku), although there are some programs like BCDedit, which allow to recover the download broken OS, but I did not use them. If the two screws before you install XP in the BIOS switch to the other screw and do the installation - then to boot into 7ku enough to change in the BIOS the screw back.

D
DarknessSpectre 15.03.20

xDDGx
1) Almost every second forum was written saying that there is a 64-bit version of the engine and the game runs more stable on it.
2) as for the spoiler: if I knew how to get under the spoiler, I would have removed. Unfortunately it is not written on every corner, so if someone tells you I will be glad.
3) what About folding: sometimes the sticky keys and the game collapses, and it's terribly annoying, as it has to be restarted.
4) About the movie I wrote that it is not critical, but just wondering what caused.
5) Firewood and codecs are updated regularly every 2 weeks check it out.
And at the expense of the rest of the try.

s
spectre from TM 15.03.20

//spoiler disables the download of the image, it's for the best "a rel=nofollow href=http://img.playground.EN/ima ges/5/2/Bezimyanniy-18.png"screenshot"/a", but replacing "with < and" with > //and no space in the word /images/ fucking Pehe and 48 characters

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

64-bit system and a 64-bit version of the game
Don't know where you read it, but I've never seen any 64-bit source, or the 64-bit steam, though I had 64-bit 7ka, and now XP x64. This software is simply no 64-bit DLL and exe-shnik. Perhaps what you read applies to other games, but certainly not to the source.
Intro in EP1 and CSS I would not fly the [EP2 can't test it on my broken Incentive did not work seems to be never :D ], when collapsing/expanding the game crashes. About the video - the problem is not exactly in bits, more likely just the absence OS some DLL. However, in the CSS beta video I have the same crashes, but it's still a beta ^_^ With the folding/unfolding is more complicated, but it's probably just a randomly appearing bug, which Velv just scored...

About the spoiler: if only I knew how to get under the spoiler, I would have removed.
Could have at least just remove this screen, especially because it carries no valuable information. In the end, it was possible to make a screenshot only of the task Manager, which would weigh a penny and fit to page in full size, so you would immediately see a list of your processes, and not to waste time opening and viewing the full-size screenshot. Is it really so hard to do? If Yes, then there is another option: to give just a link to the screenshot. And that's not counting the fact that when pouring the screenshot PG automatically generates the code to insert a thumbnail image that you can quickly copy and paste here.
PS and spoilers are tag hide.

sometimes the sticky keys
What sticky keys? You press the button, let go, and she stays pressed? This is the problem with your keyboard...
Or you mean that sometimes when you minimize the game to start quickly and continuously fold and unfold? I personally sometimes see this bug, the easiest thing to call it, trying to turn the game during the initial load.

just wondering what caused.
Any software has bugs and flaws, it's not necessarily a problem specifically with your PC. It is also worth considering that Win8 is a new OS, and therefore many bugs are connected because of the lack of zarabotannoe and testirovanii software under it... Especially the position of Gabe :D

Firewood and codecs are updated regularly every 2 weeks check it out.
Try to remove the unpacked content of the problematic games in the steamapps folder/imaagine if you didn't do it. Perhaps, bit it, and not GCF, especially since there is an obvious problem in the DLL, and they will unpack the Incentive.

the spoiler does not disable the loading of images
Damn, apparently it's all because of my habit to press the stop immediately after loading the text on the page.

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

Update mod 3,
What is it? Judging by the title, a fork HL2: Updated from Philip, Victor, or what? Well, if he can actually fix these bugs, it is useful modification...

C
CRBA 15.03.20

Help!When I run any mod and start the game, instead of blood there are red squares, and the glass crashing cubes.What to do?

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

*slow-kament*
In the properties of the game through steam is Russian, but in games not.
I have a couple of weeks the same thing in CSS... have No idea how to fight (and in KSS Russian voice and never have, so I do not care), I suspect that the problem for the next update Steam and you just need to wait until Valve fixed it, if not already.

instead of blood there are red squares, and the glass crashing cubes.What to do?
To stop to consider visitors to the forums with fortune tellers, vareille and telepaths.
It is a pity that in the first post Shif why is not written that a problem report should contain at least information about hardware and PC version of the game (license/pirates), and ideally - and even the old OS, drivers (primarily graphic with other drivers, problems usually are not), year of construction and type of pirate, if you have the game downloaded from torrent.
However, I can already assume that the problem is either in the weak GPU (built-in miniplate no/laptop? try to run the game in DX8 mode with the parameter -dxlevel 80 or console command mat_dxlevel 80 - and 81 to try), or in a malfunctioning driver (update them) or very curve pirates (unlikely, but to dismiss it is not necessary).

V
Verfose 15.03.20

When you turn on the flashlight, the textures start to lag, especially when I'm in the vents, all dazzled. The graphics card is 7870. What's the problem?

.Nero 15.03.20

When you turn on the flashlight, the textures start to lag, especially when I'm in the vents, all dazzled. The graphics card is 7870. What's the problem?
The game is licensed? And then I played once in one of the pirates, it was the same. Perhaps that's the case.

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

textures start to lag, especially when I'm in the vents, all dazzled
Shadows on medium? Try to put high on my Markinterval constantly buggy lantern light, when the shadows on medium, when high - all the rules, except that fps sags (dynamic shadows are more expensive to run), but you have a graphics card, as I understand it, of the last, so Unscrew everything on max without hesitation. And if so - try to put the middle shade.

Also, make sure you are the last driver in the video, maybe that's their problem.

C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

Try to put high on my Markinterval constantly buggy lantern light, when the shadows on medium, when high - all the rules

Just where in some places the lighting is so made that the average is better not to include. In the end, when DI will come, all will Kwan... well, in the sense of not taburetochnye computers, and it will be possible to lock the shade at a high. That's the plan.

Romueldo, and the game you have a "pure" no mods? Without Cinematic fashion, for example? They added new lighting options. Just in case — try the command r_flashlightscissors 0. May require that you enter sv_cheats 1 before entering the command, do not remember exactly.

D
DarknessSpectre 15.03.20

Hello again, this time I was not on technical issues. I translated Half-life 2 and all its episodes on Steam Pipe (In the game properties in Steam-Beta - Beta Steam Pipe). Lost all problem about which I wrote above, the game began to work perfectly, problems with the splash screen in the beginning, with the closing of the game, with rollers at the end of the first episode, as well as with a Russian voice acting disappeared. But now I have a question how now to install a third-party extra content (textures, models etc)? After all, the principle of operation has changed, just the adding of the textures in the game directory doesn't work anymore.

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

Wow, the updates Valvov can have positive effects, amazingly %)

Actually, if you dig into the directories of the game, you can find some documentation (at least in ХЛ2ДМ so). Specifically, this file gameinfo.txt and also the README in the custom folder and download (however, in the case of HL2, the last folder, probably will not). In short: now you need to create for each fashion your subdirectory in the custom folder. The name can be anything, though mymod, though Moy Ofigennyy Super Mod. Inside this subdirectory must lie folders with custom content, sorted according to materials, maps, models, sound, etc. unfortunately, I do not know whether such way is to replace the content and not just add more, in the README should be written in detail. Throw in custom content will automatically be visible in HL2 itself.
You can try to create of type mod in sourcemods and just to throw custom materials, models in it, the main thing is to make a normal gameinfo.txt it should be specified SteamAppId 220 and Game %papkami% (in principle, not necessarily, and so should pick up), Game of hl2 (and this is necessary). You can simply skopipastit gaminfo from HL2 or a thread type fashion Rock 24, Smod, Dead Sector (i.e. who have written SteamAppId 220). Running thus obtained mod, you, on idea, should see all your custom textures and models. Although I don't know whether it will be no problem to work with this SteamPipe.

C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

now we need to create for each fashion your subdirectory in the custom folder. The name can be anything, though mymod, though Moy Super Ofigennyy Mod

And how it is tied to the game? Also gaminfo? Or there will be a custom game folder, and inside it is a folder of "fashion"?

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

You put the card on your Spectrum ХЛ2ДМ, why do you ask?

Please note that it is not necessary to confuse those fashion in which custom with those in"sourcemods. In sourcemods, in theory, should now lie all those modes that real fashion, i.e., with their binarie and their gameinfo (such as Dark Interval). In custom have to lie in such fashion, as, for example, Leon HL2 Mappack, i.e., which do not fashion, but simply sets of cards or customization of the original game (if the content of custom can really replaces the standard resources). Folder custom just allows them to keep separate from the original game and to facilitate their removal, not clogging it with unnecessary textures, models and sounds. So, the custom folder is a pretty good innovation.
However, do wonder whether it is possible to push to custom mod their gaminfo and binarie, and what happens? the *trollface* Also interesting: if csutom-mod A replaces the model of the gun, and custom-mod B replaces model gun from any of them will take the game model? %) That early in the alphabet?