3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shifroval 15.03.20 02:02 pm

Technical problems in Half-Life 2 v.2 (Half-Life 2)

If You have any problem with Half-Life 2, ask your question here. If possible, provide a screenshot of your post (but not full-size!), using the PIX. If any of the answers helped You, don't forget to report this - it may help future users.

The previous version of the theme.
197 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

You put the card on your Spectrum ХЛ2ДМ, why do you ask?

I there is no Stimpy not used and no conversion... have not seen the campaign, I have this beta feature is disabled. I put in sourcemods about the custom folder did not even know.

When in sourcemods didn't work, maps and other content, I threw common\хл2дм.

not to be confused with those fashion in which custom with those in"sourcemods

Exactly why I quoted and took it.
And with binaries on bikes will make a "mod"? For example, I've found a snippet which allows you to complement the lighting system in HL2 so that there are static sources of light it casts shadows in the right side, but not in normal HL2 — all shadows from physics and NPC discarded to one side. So I can just create a folder, throw DLL-Ki, and do a mod with gameinfo to get it working?

I have it all checked out, of course, but even HL2 is not installed, and I can't right now to check. And compile this code I need...

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

campaign, I have this beta feature is disabled.
It is in beta mode for HL2, MB, and other games on Corse, but ХЛ2ДМ, TF2, contra, and as already fully completed the format, weird that you don't have o_o

And with binaries on bikes will make a "mod"?
In theory, Yes, but I completely overlooked the fact that HL2 because now he uses a different version of the SORS, under which normal modes, with their binarie to do something impossible. So, even if binaryy will be taken up, the result will still get a flight...

edit 16:01
On the other hand, if you can still put other binaries, and gaminfo too, and you can specify any SteamAppId 215 or 218 and Game sourcetest. But given the fact that all major binaryy of the engine and unpacked in Half-Life 2/bin, then again not the fact that from this something good will happen...
In General, and with the mod in sourcemods not very clear too. If all games go into the pipe, gsfci they are not needed... And as sourcemods? Will they require GCF, or is it going to take a resource out of a pipe? Or is another Valve broke fashion? However, probably because HL2 for stinapa still in beta mode... Or BMS did call Gabe a baguette that he decided to take revenge :D

C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

And, all, see. In хл2мп\ is the folder custom. That is, for all games? I stupidly thought that a custom trims — one for all games, well as sourcemods.

Um, and in хл2дм\HL2 all vpk files... like Portal 2. It is also to the new format? Che to me it is, frankly, little love.

s
spectre from TM 15.03.20

then moved to the common game is a"steam payp? sadly, now that steam will not detect the difference between aquantum when it launches customcontent from the path to the game files is missing variable acountname I believe this will also screw up and rewrite control settings when you run out of the other akuanta enabled steam cloud..

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

In хл2мп\ is the folder custom. That is, for all games?
In theory, Yes.

Um, and in хл2дм\HL2 all vpk files... like Portal 2.
Like P2, L4D, AC... for the First time vpk BHF appeared, if my memory serves me. Actually, I'm talking about vpk-shki wrote to batch ))

Che to me it is, frankly, little love.
Well, I already wrote that this leads to an increase diskgo space games, and duplication of resources. But by themselves vpk is a good thing because they weigh less than the GCF, and thus less susceptible to frumentarii.

then moved to the common game is a"steam payp?
Something, however, Allen Swarm, which lay common/ why-that too converted into the new %( What you see, but maybe I just forgot to convert...

D
Derla 15.03.20

In Half-life 2 episode 2 license no votes (other sounds are there). A mouth isn't moving. What to do?

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

Try to move the game to SteamPipe (which can take some time and hard disk space).

A
Aleks Fisher 15.03.20

Hi all. Problem: in the beginning of the Chapter the Eastern Black Mesa instead of twilight all brightly illuminated, the darkness completely disappears and the sky some strange glitches. The transition to another location, reboot, reinstall didn't help. Game - license with all the latest updates. Who was that?

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

Well, VCHM still quite light, try to Ravenholme to crawl.
But most likely, the game files are broken. Just in case you check mat_fullbright, not in the unity there is, and renew the wood on vidyahu, if you didn't do it. Next, check the integrity of the game cache from the Steam menu, and if the game is not in SteamPipe, try to move to this system, then perhaps your glitches will be gone.

But in General, guys... no, it's certainly commendable that you honestly buy the game - Yes, and I need to do to favorite designer continue pleasing good games - but considering the ping and the biggest looser among the damned Trims, as well as the constant changes and updates (not always positive) in the game, I strongly recommend to find yourself some pirates. Preferably not too recent (~until the 10th year, not inclusive) to be old fashion to put without problems.
If you want to play multiplayer then steam with no options. For singles better poyuzat pirates.

D
Dark Kahn 15.03.20

When autosaves after loading new maps crashes with the error: Couldn't write bitmap data snapshot

Read-only removed, from the administrator ran. The same.

How to fix who knows?

C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

You can just disable AutoSave. sv_autosave 0.

D
Dark Kahn 15.03.20

Hmm. And if he persist you will such or not?

D
Dark Kahn 15.03.20

When you yourself remain the same. And that fix, no? Many a problem.

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

And if he persist you will such or not?
Certainly, it is not a solution, and treating the symptom... But how to solve the problem - no idea... the Game pirates? Old? Suggest to look for another well, or try to drive to Google your error and see what people write, but I think it is better not to waste time on it, especially if the Internet speed allows. Suggest HL2 Ultimate Edition download old mods will work without problems, however, the graphics will not, but you can also put HL2 Update (but not any version will work, the newer version 2.0, I think, to put not worth it)... or poesti the trackers in search of something fresher.

If litsuha, it is, of course, the problem... Maybe the game is broken, try to verify cache or even reinstall it again. If the game does not Steam the Pipe - try to switch it to Steam Pipe.

D
Dark Kahn 15.03.20

Put pirates to mod to play. Thank you. Look for HL2 Ultimate Edition. Hopefully not too much weight.

D
Dark Kahn 15.03.20

Maybe it's because of fashion? There in the shortcut properties like have to register a fashion, but dunno how when the name is long with several words.

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

Hopefully not too much weight.
It just weighs a lot, unfortunately, but everything, and HL2 and EP1 and EP2 and even ХЛ2ДМ+KSS+DODDS+Gmod (for the network is OK not to play of course, or with bots, or find a friend with Hamachi, or the same version of the game and try to connect directly through the connect, if the IP external).

Maybe it's because of fashion?
Well, with this and we had to start Holy smoke. Yeah, mod is probably to blame, perhaps the version of the engine do not coincide in time with Sodom this was. Just HL2 you ran, and everything was fine?

the title is long multi-word
You can rename the folder of the mod, but in principle, is not necessarily enough to simply specify the directory name in cavico, e.g.:
hl2.exe -game Super Ofigennyy Mod
it should work, but safer of course to rename.

C
Cvoxalury 15.03.20

I thought (and continue to suspect) that names with spaces are not allowed.

x
xDDGx 15.03.20

However, mods with spaces in name often. But I usually still rename them so that there are no gaps.

But in my opinion, most likely, the problem is in the engine. Mod HL2: Friendly Fire V. 0.2 (as I understand it, problems with it have Dark Kahn'a) old, no, ancient - here post dated January 5th of the year... (like it's one of the oldest HL2 mods that I've ever met.) So it is better to try for the ultimate Edition to run, there is the old engine, Source 7, it should work fine.

D
Dark Kahn 15.03.20

Thank you. Understood. Reset everything became normal. But decided better to put Smod 40.a after he learned that kopovskogo stick unplayable. It is even vrodiby GMana to kill?