3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FedulGOR 26.03.20 08:53 pm

Solving problems with brakes, lags and friezes (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Write here all the ways to increase the fps in the game
245 Comments
Sort by:
S
Ser777 26.03.20

By the way why personally I enable vertical sync reduces the CPU load by 10%.

T
TripleA 26.03.20

Friends, please help! In setting is not affected by DirectX is 11 and I have 10. DirectX 11 I don't even have installed. In General, the settings can be changed to DirectX 10 ( grey lettering) tell me What to do?

M
Master Sema 26.03.20

The best way to increase fps is to set pirates, many owners of two and trehyadernye machines complained about the slideshow, and they have pretty good graphics, but the game license, I have the same AMD Phenom X3 440 and GTX 550Ti and the game runs on high settings cheers.

E
Eynart 26.03.20

Master Sema
The pirates tried, absolutely no difference in FPS.

M
MAXHARDMAN 26.03.20

On my old system( коре2дуо3000@4000,gts450,8Gb) was able to achieve FPS to 40-50 fps , but when traveling in cities even with high fps the lag was felt. Turned out the problem was the game engine, namely the fact that the calculation of physics and logic large enough and set at 30 ticks per second.

1)to reduce CPU usage and reduce lag you need to add in 3dmgame.ini ExeName=DragonAgeInquisition.exe line: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 30 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 20.0 - to medium-sized computers-GameTime.MaxSimFps 24 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 15.0 for weak PC.

The first indicator MaxSimFps - max FPS in the cut scenes (the game can be more) , the second ForceSimRate - speed physical and logical calculations(default set to 30). When ForceSimRate 15 will be small glitches with the physics, if the processor 4 nuclear try number 20. To reduce the load, it is desirable to ForceSimRate to make a smaller figure ( but not below 15).

Unfortunately in the cut scenes is accelerated animations (the game itself did not notice), depending on the ratio MaxSimFps and ForceSimRate. Therefore it is not recommended to install MaxSimFps higher than 1.5 times (preferably 1.3 times). In the game FPS will be higher values MaxSimFps data will be FPS only in cut scenes. If you do not mind the acceleration of the animation in the cut scenes, the FPS number MaxSimFps you can put more.

2)compulsory for 2-core CPU, set the priority of the process DragonAgeInquisition.exe in task Manager to low. For 4-core in case of high CPU usage.

3)In the NVIDIA settings to set: vertical sync - adaptive half CHO, power management mode maximum performance triple buffering - on. Set PhysX configuration - select your graphics card.

4)Optionally, if the load on the processor does not exceed 80-85%, optionally the Maximum number of pre-prepared frames for 2, if the CPU usage is still 90 to 95 and GPU is also not fully loaded then increase to 3.4. This option will increase the smoothness of the camera.

The game I have in fullscreen mode, but some users the game runs faster in window mode-full screen. I have also written user.cfg, I recommend for owners of weak cards.
Spoiler
Create a text file in the game folder, copy the line below , then rename the file to user.cfg
The last line to display the number of FPS , if you don't wipe it off.
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
RenderDevice.VsyncEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

To solve problems with crashes during cut-scenes or with the DirectX error, I recommend you use Flawless Widescreen.

NB How to rotate the camera without holding the key PKM , read my post in the topic:
http://forums.playground.ru/dragon_age_3_inquisition/tech/hochu_upravlyat_kameroy_dvigeniem_mishi_no_ne_znayu_kak_eto_sdelat-846283/

THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS
It is clear that the effective or average 4 nuclear pull 30 ticks. The decrease in the number of quanta physics/logic is justified for weak computers or computers which have lags in other optimal settings. Lagi nothing to do with the number of FPS, be at least 20, at least 50, because the problem is not the graphic part.

15 cycles per second UTB minimum (!) relatively stable frequency of handling physics/logic, if you reduce for example to 10, then he simply begins to sink into the ground just as the calculated collision (crossing) with physical objects. Typically, the collision is calculated separately from physics, but this engine apparently conflict is calculating PhysX. Because even on the lowest empty location , at 50 fps , the motion start lag - there is a miscalculation of collisions when driving GG.
The inclusion of PhysX processing on the GPU , I was originally, it did not help me, maybe the physics in the game calculates the CPU or my card just does not pull. However, the inclusion of this item needless to say (usually in the settings is auto).

Low priority processes helps greatly to reduce the load on the CPU, at least on my 2 nuclear percents, maybe someone that's not so, then this item is not required, the necessary tests on different configs.

Also we need tests regarding the relationship MaxSimFps and ForceSimRate as the ratio (60/15=4/1, graphics speed/velocity physics-logic) between this values may specify a speed at some points, such as faster work skills , accelerated animations, etc. I don't notice, but I test a couple of hours late last night.

Please write briefly your configs, and set MaxSimFps and ForceSimRate(if they differ from what I wrote above). It will be easier to choose the optimal values for certain configurations.

M
MAXHARDMAN 26.03.20

Gwynz
Glad to have helped. Please write briefly your configs, and settings for max FPS and speed physics calculations. (if they differ from what I wrote above). It will be easier to choose the optimal values for certain configurations.

N
NoneOne2010 26.03.20

BRO, what's your crust?

G
Gwynz 26.03.20

MAXHARDMAN
2 core 3,2 g RAM 512,4 fps from 25 - 35,

N
NoneOne2010 26.03.20

But if less than supply?
Sachem priority low set?

K
Kirill1998 26.03.20

i7 950 4.2 Ghz , msi gtx 980 1575/2000 MHz , 12 gb ram. Ultra settings full hd 70+ frames.

N
NatanieLzZ 26.03.20

MAXHARDMAN
if you put a low priority, the game will hang. But the rest helped, thank you. FPS has not increased, but to hang out and misiti was less (there is even a feeling that in the accelerated mode is on, well, whatever - be done faster, and forget all this misunderstanding)

c
cergio.net 26.03.20

After reading your topic, I have finally reached what is the actual problem of this game. So. The problem lies in the handling physics. The default physics obrabatyvat CPU, hence the workload of a percent under 100% and freezes. Plus blur also eats resources percent. The result is overheating of the CPU and juewu a bunch of questions: what is the actual problem? The computer seems powerful, and a frieze like that... Well, you understand...
The final solution to the problems with friezes and performance in General:
1. Go to the control panel of the graphics card, and there switched the physics calculations on the GPU(very important). The main solution.
2. Prescription -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60-GameTime.ForceSimRate 30, With 15 slide show, not physics(animation)
3.The priority can not touch
4. Over & under, as you wish. I personally included.
5.Create a user.cfg in the game folder and put this out there
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
This removes blur.
After all this load on my PERC has declined significantly, to 65% maximum. Fps has become more stable, because the physics processing is now engaged in video card. And overall performance went up. Conductive graphics will improve.
By the way, the laptop intel i3 2.4 Ghz, 6 GB ram, GT645m 2VRAM, Win 8.1.

N
Nehalim 26.03.20

cergio.net
30 also no ice, but to reduce the Frisians will help .

M
MAXHARDMAN 26.03.20

Answered everything in the first post.

D
Dr.Durk 26.03.20

MAXHARDMAN
Your cergio.net helped only partially.
The processor periodically returns to 95-100% load just from DAI + slideshow in the cut-scenes
Har-Ki:
AMD Athlon II x3 450 3.5 GHz
Nvidia GT630 1Gb VRAM
4Gb of RAM
Win7
From your advice used:
Using Physx graphics card
-GameTime.MaxSimFps 30 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 15
user.cfg
low priority
Configure Nvidia(3)In the settings of NVIDIA to put....)

M
MAXHARDMAN 26.03.20

Dr. Durk
Try to run a game in windowed mode - for all window, some help.

Most likely not enough RAM , the game together with Windows(8.1 64 bit) eats more than 4 GB for sure. Also try to increase the virtual memory size to 6 GB. The game will cache quite a lot of information ( around 4 GB).
Another tip unless there is a desire/experience, try to overclock CPU and GPU. Maybe in your case the FPS depends on processor and/or graphics card. (Overclocking read Overclockers.ru)

S
Ser777 26.03.20

MAXHARDMAN
Downloaded the Repack I have is the default
-GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

What it means + why plus?

N
Nehalim 26.03.20

Ser777
As if the above written is what it is, I about the command , but + naturally means the values above.

N
Nehalim 26.03.20

MAXHARDMAN
Why advise ordinary people to disperse anything , they do not need . And if taken for the acceleration that this additional spending on cooling units.

M
MAXHARDMAN 26.03.20

Unfortunately my method to reduce the load by reducing the quanta of physics/logic was one drawback that I immediately saw. It is in the cut scenes is accelerated animations (the game itself did not notice, at least), depending on the ratio MaxSimFps and ForceSimRate. Therefore it is not recommended to install MaxSimFps higher than 1.5 times.
Accordingly, it is better to set such values as MaxSimFps ForceSimRate 24 and 15, for the weak computers. MaxSimFps is 30 and the ForceSimRate 20 , for medium. In the game FPS will be higher values MaxSimFps data will be FPS only in cut scenes. If you do not mind the acceleration of the animation in the cut scenes the FPS number MaxSimFps you can put more.

To solve problems with crashes during cut-scenes or with the DirectX error, I recommend you use Flawless Widescreen.

IceDMC
Iron is quite old, the cost of it is small, the risk is minimal anyway , at least to burn will not work if naprugu not rise above 10-15%, or at least will have to go into the case to reset the BIOS. But I wrote that it's optional , many people think that overclocking it's very difficult, but a small acceleration is quite simple, and can even be done programmatically from Windows. It would be a desire and time to understand and read respectively. old.