3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitalik76 10.04.20 10:28 pm

Impressions from the beta (Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017))

See here experiences there, although a beta version was available October 4th (for those who did pre-order), and all will be available from 6 October. Completed beta testing on October 9.

I tried the game today. Menu globally there are 3 variants of the game:
1. The single-campaign. Here, in beta of course nothing, just start a small movie with a is the single-campaign.
2. Multiplayer. There are three modes of play: galactic assault 40 players (that in the previous version of the game was called attack of the walkers), starfighter assault on the 24 player (that in the previous version of the game called squadron), strike to 16 players (this is infantry mode)
3. Arcade. So named that in the last version of the game called tasks, i.e. singles that match with bots. Here available for just two matches for the dark side on the map Naboo. Yes, Yes, there was the era of the clone wars. You can play for droid (there is a choice of specializations - assault, heavy infantryman, officer, sniper), Darth Maul or the droid B2-RP. The meaning of these assignments just to fill a certain number of kills.

For droids like to play more just for the officer, because he knows how to put turrets. The sniper as it is not taxied in narrow corridors, and the rest too quickly overheats the weapon, with mediocre damage. The droid B2-RP how to play did not understand, he also slowly rechargeable missiles no other much damagesee no weapons (there is a rocket jump and strafe, but he is in the corridors of little use). Blasters are the most common. For Darth Maul the most fun - stuffed frags very quickly (in-game skills he is like Darth Vader, only a long sword and moves faster).

About the performance. On my system (Intel Core i7-980X 3.33 GHz, ASUS Rampage III Gene, ASUS GTX1080 8Gb, 12Gb Kingston DDR3-1333, Windows 10) performance of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017) of course slightly worse than the previous part, but nevertheless you can play all settings ultra with scaling of 150% (in principle, and 200% is also not bad). Zoom you want to include it, because in the game there is still no normal smoothing, there is only FXAA and TAA, which is essentially no aliasing, and blurring. And the zoom setting in fact and realizes the only true true-antialiasing SSAA. On the chart, IMHO, it is about as it was in the previous section, like in the Battlefield 1. Poor can not say anything. The only think that dark gamma, and gamma settings in the game, and the brightness is not corrected. Sound smart, like in the cinema.

In fact, it is not much different from the first part, only a lot of customization options with the cards that fall out of boxes like in mass Effect Andromeda. You can get trading cards by playing, but you can buy. I think grace these boxes, the gameplay in consequence will be tied. Well, until something like this.
67 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wolf347 10.04.20

Optimization super perfect!!!!!!!! The game is very sucks. I still think buy or not, don't want to completely dive into it as I can not to go), the Dialogue is just incomparable. That was not myltsa set scaling to 200%

C
ColonelJason 10.04.20

Really touches people who believe that if their ancient shit, something's not slow, it means- optimization of chic. Guys, this game is not a bowl of apples from the table to knock down. It looks like a game from five years ago, but in terms of interactivity of the world is inferior to the 15-year-old games. Of course this misery never slows down-why? But leaves nice flying, Yes.

n
neonradiomusic 10.04.20

For my taste does not like:
- added a timer before the respawn for a few seconds drop out of the game
- no possibility spawn after his partner as in the first part
- removed pick up buns on the battlefield, which included a plethora of fan
- handled the game with class, to play as easy as possible for you abilities is now impossible
- bags were only in one class, the gameplay was slower and more like a clone of battle 1
- there appeared something like a small impact
- cannot disable chromatic aberration in which the warp eye
I don't know how in the full game, but in beta the only content of the new trilogy
- the whole picture is dazzled by special effects (such as foliage in wind), for single is a plus, but not for multiplayer
- heroes need to take for points that will not give newbies no chance for them to play
- the choice of weapons now depends on the class
All original ideas, I liked the first part (about 170 hours played), replaced the developments of the battle, sorry(
Of the benefits of the optimization.
If somewhere is not right, correct, just may not understand how it works.

M
Mewel 10.04.20

did not like. not mine.

V
Vadim Moroz 10.04.20

Well, so-so.

L
Lightninggg 10.04.20

One I really like? During the game, in dynamics, all dazzled due to chromatic aberrations, bunch of flying particles, due to the fact that the grass and trees right in front of drawn, the noises some strange. And the location of Naboo in this case seems a desert, not enough detail that, if there are any home-box and all. The first part sought to photorealism, and here all post-processing filled and, in my opinion, in vain.
At first I played at 900p on PS4 normal, in that I play at normal resolution with anti-aliasing on PS4 Pro and I like graphics a lot less. The intricacies of technology do not rummage, but the campaign they sdowngrading engine, if the eye to determine. Maybe true in the beta just not full support brought About or something, but it seems the smoothing is not clear. As there is a bunch of things?
Have noticed that the sensation of firing in the first part was definitely better here, giving and getting not so savory. Plus it was a stupid system with a constantly accumulating heat.
Something yet more disappointed, we still feel.
Spoiler

H
Horse567 10.04.20

play to Win 10 normal flight on ultra.

A
Anderby 10.04.20

Classic this multiplayer mess. This time again with the taste of SW. Grindin dull rounds, open boxes, get new whistles, repeat.
About Koop have nothing to say, bluntly sweep the map with bots for a couple or solo.
Starfighter Assault is surprisingly good. All vividly, effectively and in the most part, not pointless, you can actually own hands to bring the victory, in contrast to the next mode.
Land of postawski I didn't like at all. Well, a complete mess on all sides from a distance shot, the nose always something explodes, the fronts are changed every ten seconds, the system units are meaningless, both sides are stupid Rashat each other. And more to do something and nothing - everything it is possible to run and shoot. Weapons one, squats do not play a role, sight Ala Halo <5 - only on sniper, orders can not give, equipment with respawn and fight only against other vehicles, cards or grenades or short buffs that still need to successfully apply. And yet the HUD is always present target indicator, they say, run and gun here. All very cinematic, of course, there is also the droids are stupid to aim and shoot, and jeedai wet stormtroopers packs. The game is designed for a very wide audience (which is justified - starwars the same). Shoot, by the way, (and in space and on the ground) uncomfortable, everything feels slow and delayed (ping me normal, I played on PS4, so it's not on the technical side), instead of reloading even more stupid (compared to the first part) mini-game.
Heroes and technology, by the way, for the glasses. Run, shoot, earn points, play as a hero or the technique, repeat. The characters are reduced to two varieties is the same or infantry, only thick (Fett, Solo), or accelerated-thickened melee (Say, Rey), though, for them to play I failed. But the ships-the characters have an interesting skill.

In the beta the first SWBF was playing decided not to take, the second will do the same.

M
MrSoulz7z 10.04.20

Battles take place very quickly... In the first part 40 of the players was much more fun to play, especially in the crucial moment at Jakku.

K
Konstantin335 10.04.20

This part is what I like first, just do not understand in beta there are other modes and maps? All the time just play on Naboo.

D
DGI_GurdinkA 10.04.20

Played BF2 2017 the day, on the ultra beautiful, 100+ fps, everything is smooth, fast (especially compared to xami\warface). But tired... Beta, of course, but again, content is not delivered and the count.a lot of problems. And skills improvement cards and chests - it is bias to the mobs somehow. But what most did not like - space, cut, cut technique, the Persians cut classes, game modes, too (in comparison with 2005)
Once, by the way, sound.firewood flew during the game.
Buying a 2-3K for a week or games will not. Went into BF2 2005.

S
Saveliy Hramorof 10.04.20

THE GAME 99% OF LESIONS AND A CHEATER IN EVERY 3 HIT GAME OF THE FALL BY FAR

K
Konstantin335 10.04.20

In General, playing more in the beta, I realized that to take the game, I will not. Yes, it is clear that the full version will have more maps and modes, but I quickly get bored. I wish they made the single for star wars, the multiplayer game is tired.

S
Shadowclonejutsu 10.04.20

rubbish not a game, enough for 3 minutes.

E
Elf0m3n1ack 10.04.20

To be honest, not much at all( Not felt shooting brand, the battles are somehow even more arcade and dull. Only good news is that optimization became better.

0oO 10.04.20

Liked much better than the BF 1,although the first part with pleasure played,but it had very little content. Here are all of the trilogy are collected,what pleases and you have the animated series the clone wars to add to it,because there are so many beautiful locations were so many interesting characters,but it's a pipe dream.Optimization good,really want to see what will happen in the full version.

v
vitalik76 10.04.20

Good wrote:
Want all or zadrot like crazy, or buy for real trunks. Geymplenyh benefits can be obtained already at the start of the game, and someone will hit until get lucky. Rand randomized chases, the balance is sent to hell.
Unfortunately this is the case. This is the biggest flaw of the game. In the recent Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer is also on the boxes is kept, but there as no PvP, and players just chopped together against bots, pumping single player doesn't bother anyone, because at the end of the round the reward everyone gets. Here, PvP can be significant bias if someone apocope boxes for the loot and will receive substantial benefits. There is also the second point - how to deal with cheaters. In the previous part just the dominance of the cheaters. It cannot be that the round was not a single cheater. If game plan to deal with cheaters like in the last part, i.e. in any way, simply right cheats to buy than boxes (also for a fee, but the benefits more).

D
DGI_GurdinkA 10.04.20

Dekfel
Liked the abundance of units and access technology?)
And skillcity through cards from kasikov (the nonsense - to make a shooter RPG card).
Space battles is also just awesome - appear immediately in the selected vehicle, and neither the Union nor the enemy of the parent, no destruction\repair modules. There are only plot such a quest to break a few fields (but only Ah one side).
The flight system is weird - feels like I'm not moving and standing in one place (despite the speed), and that other objects move around me. In the old BF, X series or Elite this feeling never had. The lack of evasion is also not happy. As the IR-traps.
Weapons fighters 2 (not counting skills like in overwatch). Technique will not fix it because the engineer and no. With the emphasis on war (in the original), dice decided to move away from the Battlefield and made the emphasis on fast skirmishes Ala CoD. Fights are fast, that is not a drawback, however, they are not dynamic at all.There is a sniper, but the map size (and design) is not enough for proper sniping. (incidentally, I do not doper, and optics to include other classes and bring\to distance for a sniper).
I understand that it is beta, but I have never seen in any game such a system render - texture, OU Thurs on my ultra that people on the stream (MMORPG.soo, Goh) progruzhat 7-15метрах to the character, and the details of objects. Not very fun to run in live, changing environment.Shadows in space on ships, too, kaki curves, not line-out the real location of the light source. various bugs of reflections (in the water) and underground pigeons they have in a month is exactly correct.

And personally what I (probably not only me) do not like system of a moving front in the battles of Battlefield (when you stupidly forbidden to go to the enemy behind the line, which kazdoy second closer to your base.) This is certainly not the best shooter u but what is this game?
I believe that such a large, popular and rich Studio that created such masterpieces as BD1942, Vietnam, 2142, 2, Bad Company, BF3, BF1, could make the game significantly better (even on alpha, not beta). Especially I do not understand was the creation of a castrato Battlefront 1, which in fact was the alpha test for BF2. (sobsno, playing in бф1 immediately and said that they will finalize and release a few years again).

g
gmh4589 10.04.20

Who knows what's funny. Played yesterday everything was fine. Today I go start the movie, then the game goes into windowed mode and crash without error.
PS. He figured out, deleted the game settings in the Documents folder, and all start

k
k1r1an 10.04.20

their money is not worth it as bf 1, the same as bf 1 only new buns and the company, something removed, something added, I'll see then if the campaign is not 5 hours of the passage that we can buy, as well as no