3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 07.10.19 02:50 am

Mission time [Plus or fault] (XCOM 2)

Guys, I saw in the Internet so many negative comments about XCOM, is based on two things: optimization and a large number of missions for a while.
Suggest this should be discussed somehow. Because of the mission at the time was introduced purposefully developed, they had a purpose.
In the first XCOM mission time was 10% percent, most of the time we slowly passed the cards occupying the most favorable positions, moving on: a half-move forward, so as not to face the enemy without the ability to shoot.
Now that the player was not looking for enemy in the way (take a half-step and stand in the Observation), has entered stealth. Now we can in the beginning of the mission to run across the map without fear that end up in court.
Missions became of interest can be 40-50%. Why? In my opinion to complicate the process. Units you have left your enemies are the same as in missions, not at the time, but now you need to take the best position, and those who obtained a situation for constantly need to move forward to the goal. This is the difference the main, and Yes, it increases complexity, but does increase in difficulty (within reason) does not add interest? Another question: the combination of missions on time and the drunk is also adds variety? Here we tense up, but relax. tense, relax. If all the missions were on time, it would be overkill, but all the missions to do the chill out is also boring, because is too easy to shoot the enemies with pre-adjusted positions. Firaxis tried to find a balance in a hurry (adding a certain atmosphere of stress) and relaxed gameplay. Yes, the rush is not over time, there's no rush to think or to do the moves, just think you need twice because of moves in half.
In General, what do you think?
145 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anton Arlekin 07.10.19

Guys stop fighting. The game really came weak in terms of tactics and it has a lot of errors even with respect to previous hkom, but do not despair. Long War must release a global mod processing the game completely, as it did with the previous part. And we will be sea tactics, logical things and apotropaically complexity without any silly problems at the Tim of the timer on each mission.
By the way, not really, you're all so cool that isice go through all the timer Mysia lossless? I just play on legend and what you describe is nonsense, because the legend of the mobs is almost always 3-5 times more than you and with each mission they are stronger and more various, although maybe I'm just cancer.

X
X_ray_83 07.10.19

vidgin
this destruction of shelters and damage easy goals
But the appointment of a grenade after another ! Yes, and the simplification in a series of upsets and surprises xX such a legacy and so to lose it is necessary to manage still. Even EA their ideas from old games of the 80's, trying to stick into a new MassEffect and StarFlight example of this.
So I added random
Wild and I had soldiers in the kitchen in the building, and the next komnata hard spawn occurred fuuu somehow unpleasant to see it in tactics. Even in the tactical JRPG I had ever seen, there is allegedly the videos were a justification for the appearance of enemies (((

v
vidgin 07.10.19

Anton Arlekin
if you're going on the legend ХСОМ2, then you're definitely not cancer))

i
ironHAMMER.ms 07.10.19

In General, what do you think?
Yes, not like ordinary people of the mission at the time. And all your arguments above, those to whom these Missy doesn't like you, will deeply care.

A
Anton Arlekin 07.10.19

vidgin
In longvar fashion on hkom so, the AI is completely reworked and it became, though not brilliant, but absolutely unique, interesting and logical for each individual species of aliens that prevented the second part of the developers to do the same? After all, the AI of the mobs in the second part is reduced to conductive run up and wsecu. Grenade is also a complete nonsense in the second part. Again, remembering longvar mod for the first part. There wisely have been completely redesigned economy! Want to blow up? OK, but the remains and fragments of you with poor aliens won't get, but what about damage? it was calculated from the area of the explosion, closer to the epicenter, the damage is high, the farther the lower.

E
Elior 07.10.19

swing correctly the game is very simplified
snipers are IMBA with proper pumping of the Colonel coming down only 10 from the sniper )) and, if the environment of a pistol a couple
the Rangers even more monsters can be immune after the assassination and blame. and if you take the Ghost costume that goal is possible for you to get
grenadiers in heavy suits with plasma / missiles crumble all ))
still to 1 shootdown came as opponents of the strong do not see well, maybe if only 2 meter high robot and it's on hard

while the game is not turn off the trigger that the enemy bunch up and waits until it sees the game is very easy
and besides, if you're not in disguise the enemy is not looking for you, and just standing in the fog and waiting until you see him

on the map, usually a maximum of 10-16 enemies with infinite ammo is not a problem

X
X_ray_83 07.10.19

Elior
"and besides, if you're not in disguise the enemy is not looking for you, and just standing in the fog and waiting until you see him
In a must be panic troops also landed the enemy
on the map how max 10-16 opponents with infinite ammo
Before cage two kind of grenade into battle, all )))

v
vidgin 07.10.19

X_ray_83
But the appointment of a grenade after another !
it's a fictional world with its own rules. Why do pistols have infinite ammo? Why does the sniper only has 3 charges? Why do rifles only 4 of the charge? Why can't I release all the charge rifle in one move? Why in one move are unable to release the full clip of the machine gun? Why do people in the game jump off roofs and not break their legs? Why huge alien weighing more than a ton of hits on top of the two fists of a man in armor (armor like bullets) and kills and destroys the human abstract part of health? Why is the Avenger from the thick, wide, and really thick in one room? Why the VIPs-the engineers at rescue jump from rooftops, climb through the pipes and parserat like a professional stunt?
I think this is a gratifying thing to look for logic in the mechanics of the game? I know to look for logic in the plot, the actions of the characters, but the mechanics! Mechanics in games always dressed in the sake of balance and gameplay. Gameplay is the key to interesting. The game should be fun to play. Grenades are made such that they fulfill their role, which is part of the overall gameplay, where each subject has its own role to make it all work together harmoniously and interestingly. Where is the logic? In the same ARMAGH, the simulator, and then lots of assumptions, but it is not simulator military action. This is the fantastic military tactical action-strategy.
Even EA their ideas from old games of the 80's, trying to stick to new
I'm ashamed of EA with their dragon edge. So fuck the first part - it should be able. FIRAXIS with their masterpiece, without sarcasm, are not even close to the crap that EA makes.
Wild and I had soldiers in the kitchen in the building, and the next komnata hard spawn happened
plug imagination. Arrived soldiers landed on the roof, came down to your room. All. And then fuu? It's part of the gameplay, and not conflict with logic. Given that enemies can jump from any height without harming himself. And not only enemies.

A
Anton Arlekin 07.10.19

Elior
Try the legend, enemies how 15-30 and your sniper as a rule no one breaks.

v
vidgin 07.10.19

Anton Arlekin
In longvar fashion on hkom so,
unfortunately not playing and can't keep the discussion on Longvar. However, the word is not going to believe that there are awesome AI, that you have not played do not know. If played, tried out, could have something to say (agree or refute the old).

A
Anton Arlekin 07.10.19

Play Xcom Long War if you are looking for real complexity and logic.
Personally, I want to go hkom second and again to start playing long var as long var the second part is not catchy at all.
The feeling that you play in фол4. Sex games customize the appearance of the infantry, in the foul floor of the games building.

v
vidgin 07.10.19

Anton Arlekin
The feeling that you play in фол4. Sex games customize the appearance of the infantry, in the foul floor of the games building.
Given that this is an optional part, you're doing it on their own. And since people usually do what they like, you do want to set up a half game appearance of the infantry and to build houses) I spend 2 percent of the time, because I'm not interested in such things. :)

B
Biboras 07.10.19

The timer was introduced to hide the krivorukost developers. They are not able to shovel the basic gameplay so that appeared normal intelligence, counter intelligence, stealth. Stealth mode is represented in xcom 2 is a poor crutch, scattering enemies when detected look all so ugly. Their inability of programmers to write a normal AI. Generally when a player and his opponent in turn does not look logical. There is an old proven system initiative, which unit it is above that and should move the timeline forward. Where it would be logical.

A
Anton Arlekin 07.10.19

vidgin
The feeling that many have added the ability to customize the infantry, and the same amount was taken out of the game in terms of tactics and logic.
Before release I thought I hired longvar the Studio just because they are cool. Now I realized that they did, in order that they finished the game to normal state. Well, or they released casual version for a wider audience, and options long rivet candy gourmet savvy. In any case, thank you!

A
Alex Coachman 07.10.19

Mission for a time, but their importance is not so great as fully destructible. Here it well adds depth to the gameplay. Wild things they do with a grenade launcher.

R
Rolento 07.10.19

Mission time adds to this already casual game more arcade, and shuternosti. Why think? Easier to run forward and hope that the Great Rand will help you (This is for hardcore players), other brethren with perseverance hedgehogs use save/load for parity in this unequal battle. Where is the complexity and hardcore my mind is not clear.
I look at the new XCOM, and I understand that all the efforts of developers were aimed at showing off all fantillusion, customization, riding console menus (of course without problems on the stupid optimization), and convenience and informative value of strategic / tactical of the beat.

T
Tonatiu 07.10.19

question TS'and slipped into srach. I liked the game and enjoyed the missions on time, didn't like their number. during the game zabombit three times, the first when he died, two at the beginning, what the hell? I don't like losses. Second, when I couldn't get out of menu customization, because in the game pointed to the installation of the kit, and I'm making lepew team forgot about it. And the third time when rescuing a VIP at the very end when a couple of moves before the end I cleared the code and from it flew a bird with samuhelem, that's when I realized that the mission timer really zaipli.

X
X_ray_83 07.10.19

vidgin
In UFO 2 was all about what I write, this degradation in favor of single-celled che is not understandable ?
It seems the bomb was to blast the wall, it should not pump.
I think it's a grateful thing to look for logic in the mechanics of the game?
Well, in UFO and UFO2 firearms in the beginning no, there are only grenades threw then with the development easier. Immediately easy and immediately oxazoline and justification to search is not necessary it's not worth it.
I'm ashamed of EA with their dragon edge
It is not necessary DA is neutered Nevewinter 2 for nyufagov, there was originally a series this was.
Iskander2015
the idiot and at the time I win in 1 min
If you Board on the head will not give, but for me this tactic Board on the head his delusional and logical .

v
vidgin 07.10.19

X_ray_83
It is not necessary DA is neutered Nevewinter 2 for nyufagov, there was originally a series this was.
I do not agree. I played in Neverwinter. In terms of atmosphere, plot, dialogues and other things, DA far removed from NVN. But this is my IMHO of course)
Immediately easy and immediately oxazoline and justification to search is not necessary it's not worth it.
you feel that somewhere these words have sounded? Forums for Fallout 3 and 4? On the forums of oblivion and Skyrim? Forums dragon edge? This is a trend of the modern gaming industry, not a problem of a single game. XCOM is not okazualena in comparison with the first part, it is just different for a different time. Then focused on one thing, the focus now is on more. Well, Yes, I also think that for example Skyrim and Obla is a simplified kochereshko from Morra and Morra - this is a simplistic kochereshko from Dagonville. But it's absurd to take seriously such thoughts. You need to learn to accept the new not through the prism of the old, and as a new product with new ideas. If Firaxis continued to churn out clones of the first parts, then it would be accused of monotony, and everything left to play. And so with other games too. The developers are trying to make something new. New is not always better than the old, but not always worse. Often have to give up one good thing in favor of the other good things. But to change the game, no changes, people will not play (not counting fans of the Code and the Assassin) in one and the same. All have their pros and cons.
Here try to find five pieces of real pros ХСОМ2 before УФО1-2. If you can't, it means you are far from objectivity and just want to return to those first feelings that were experienced during the passage of the first two games.
P. S. still there are people who cut in the first third of Civilization, not perceiving the fifth. There are people who continue Drach Total Thief: Rome, obsiraya on the forums causality Рим2, Segun2 and other new parts. Well, this is I think the problems of these people, not industry. Because most other people can get pleasure from the new. And they can't accept the fact that what the favorite part of their game was removed. Not trying to try added part ,each time wincing and turning away from all the new resentment of the loss of the old.

X
X_ray_83 07.10.19

vidgin
Not XCOM okazualena in comparison with the first part, it is just different for a different time.
Really ? ))))
Neutered economy, few landing ships, landing 3-5 cripples, the construction of buildings and their retention policies, and so on.
Of course all of this is preserved in the best possible way. )))
Here, try to find five pieces of real pros ХСОМ2 before УФО1-2
Can't like anything new single is rare, and a good old removed ((((