3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stalker.FEAR 12.05.20 07:09 pm

Impressions from the full game (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow)

Impressions from the full game
186 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 12.05.20

Barefoot

Yeah , very interesting to guess where I borrowed the idea of portals from the same game , acrobatics Ala Prince , shuriken of Dark sector , a lot of borrowing from the LCA , but also some Persians from the movie and sketched it that I still remember .

What's the difference where they were already certain elements,it is important that they are made of very high quality,varied and interesting,the same puzzles and bosses,combos significantly better than Castlevaniи,with this approach, as you can all game to blame the fact that they copy ideas from each other,well, this is nonsense.
The more of these elements in the game the game more interesting and varied,but of course these elements should be made at the appropriate level.

This series does not have its own face , it is completely secondary , with mediocre graphics , so what are grafodrochery the fact that new castle criticized the graphics ,saying that it is the level of 2003 , it really darksayders this is early 90s ...

Just in this series and has its own face,the horsemen of the Apocalypse with one of them you play,the war of angels and demons,the destruction of humanity,it already distinguishes the game,and what do you think the secondary is only your problem.
About the graphics,he also argued in my blog that you do not grafodrocher,wrote about design and style, and then cling to it,you better define,especially in Darksiders graphics are decent,the design and style of the game is cartoony, like in the Board,which makes it even more original,even GG and his weapons,monsters and bosses look much more interesting in this style,which is only when you're in a sword inserted some kind of artifact and the sword begins to flow blood,I do not understand how this game dares to call a secondary.

the Castlevania we live zaklikivaem to death , right ? Remember your pobably blog ...

What does Castlevaniя when it was about Darksidersе,and Yes Castlevaniя very much clogged dull zaklikivanie in Darksidersе each boss has its own tactics and only using abilities and additional weapons they can score.
And my blog was about the curve of QTE that only spoils the impression of the game as well as from the same curve of the camera,and I have listed in a related post that Yes, there are original bosses,but Darksidersе they are all original,with the exception of minibosses,which clogged zaklikivaniem.

About the camera I did not write anything no need to ascribe to , the office had a view of the same KTE and some other aspects , but they are rather small , but the camera I liked that during the move, it is not tied behind the hero and you can see a truly epic canvas for this can be seen and done in battle no problems with it not experienced .

I described above all your feelings,and how they become negative curve and camera curve QTE,and in relation to your post, I just noticed that you yourself wrote that the Only advantage of this series as a slasher is his office PC , therefore it is easier to master and thus it begins to seem one of the best slashers on the Orthodox.
And Darksidersе you can rotate the camera in any direction,and see what you need,and not as in Castlevaniи only where you allow,and sometimes these angles vibiraem what you can't see anything and still manage this works well when the camera turns sharply and you run back where you came from,or you fall past the platform or are unable to cling to the ledge because the camera turned crooked and such things,perhaps someone it does not bother me but is annoying.
I'm used to if I play,I want to monitor the review as it is convenient to me,turning in the direction where I need,want you to lock target.
I do not say that in Castlevaniи not even the most basic of sraffa to the enemy as in any normal slashers,but the huge radius of the chain which greatly simplifies the fights,and any small enemy can be stupid to pull the chain and kill with one blow.

the game rolled to a dull puzzles and a boring narrative, led by the boy named Death ...

Do not argue,it is worse than the first part,due to the fact that made too large locations,and bosses are worse than the first,everything else is fairly good,did a bunch of armor and weapons,but we also didn't go,I'm just drawing attention that the camera's much better.
And the story there is not more boring than Castlevaniи.
And at the expense of puzzles you're not human, they are not dull but rather very original and interesting,at least much more interesting than Castlevaniи,and another thing if the puzzles do not interest you I understand.
Don't want to impose you my opinion,I think Darksiders is secondary for God's sake,not going to dissuade you of that,he is better than in my opinion I have already written.

s
sandreichik 12.05.20

Barefoot
saa0891
Gentlemen, you were a little blog?
You are trying to compare two different games, It's like arguing which color is better: red or green. Of course, your arguments are ridiculous. And tired to re-read them for the hundredth time.
Epic storyline, the war between the angels and the demons, HE is the horseman of the Apocalypse - all of this is incredibly cool. But on the contrary - the story of an ordinary mortal, trying to avenge, or to return to his beloved. Another thing is that this character develops during the game (though apparently it's not very noticeable), and at the end appears to be completely different... um, person. The war also changes in appearance only, due to the armor
artifacts, weapons. Speaking of the latter. A lot of weapons, artifacts, etc. are also cool, especially cool huge sword (how original). Against this background, the cross chain just lost. But I (and many, perhaps) do not represent Calvani hero, armed with something else-anything else. One weapon due to the small number of combinations. Anyway, it seems that the developers did not focus on action. And for what? The game world and atmosphere. Yes, there is such a thing in games, which not all notice of the various bosses and interesting puzzles. But this garbage makes any game unique. In Castlevania everything works on it, and the visual style and design locations, the book menu, and the one stationary camera that constantly grabs superb scenery. You can not say about the environment of the Rider, the ruined city looks extremely dull and do not cause any emotions, like boredom or feelings of abandonment. Well, okay, there are other locations, for example... the Tree of Knowledge, nothing more I do not remember. But these same locations, you can explore far and wide. The levels themselves sometimes are the very same puzzles, which are so often mentions Mr. saa0891 . But the guys from MercurySteam seemed to forget that the series has ceased to be a linear platformer back in the 90s. Frankly, in this regard, I was expecting the game more.
To summarize. In terms of gameplay, the Horseman of War is clearly ahead. You can use heaps of weapons to destroy the enemies of the heap a bunch of different ways. You can use abilities and artifacts to explore interesting locations and participate in no less interesting battles with the bosses. You can even ride the horse and slash the demons at full gallop. In short, the game is worth that it would pass. I don't know about consoles, but on PC nothing like that no more.
Lords of Shadow is primarily a narrative. We not so much play for Gabriel, how many follow his adventures through the eyes of Sobek. Because of this, and the linear levels, and the division into chapters, and again, the book and the camera. We has variety, and damn atmospheric locations, alive characters and of course the ending turns everything on its head. And the game clearly verified style: if you the middle ages (and, apparently, Eastern Europe), you never don't doubt it, no left of the landscape, any foreign monster. Unfortunately, the gameplay here, though made on a fairly high level,but cannot compete with most of the slasher.
In General, someone is more important than gameplay, and someone atmosphere. Someone sweeter red, someone green.

PS: by the Way, weed control on the second Titan, it's really the fault of the developers. In the rest of the porting is flawless.

E
Erick Hartman 12.05.20

Great atmospheric adventure game with a gorgeous soundtrack ,with a luxurious (some well, just epic ) locations , with a confusing game , and of course the epilogue is a must see ...

N
NightHawkreal 12.05.20

I wonder if in a year and Mirror of Fate will take? I would like for Simon to play.

W
Wauster 12.05.20

NightHawkreal
C 3DS on PC? This is so?

s
sandreichik 12.05.20

Wauster
Like Resident Evil: Revelations.

N
NightHawkreal 12.05.20

Wauster
With 3ds on X-box and PS and then on PC.

V
Viss 12.05.20

Is who passed the Chapter 13 (which is after the final battle), it is still marked in yellow. As there are chess pieces placed?

N
NightHawkreal 12.05.20

As shown on boards on the walls, the main black with white do not confuse.

p
pavloalex 12.05.20

Guys,help to connect the controller from PS 3! Downloaded the x360ce_vibmod_3.1.4.1 (from this site),and how to put and configure gamad don't understand!Help,brothers...
...and another point.If you have gamepad from Boxing,it is simply usb connect to PC for games and all,don't need anything extra to put?

B
Bigozerki 12.05.20

Why are you again dilute srach ,which is better what is worse,as if every day there are slashers on the PC...Castlevania is a masterpiece ,haven't felt this good in game, since mafia 1, where the atmosphere and story was just immersed in the game and you start to feel the main character as himself...Darksayders too good,what's even better, but why compare these games if they are equally worthy of each other...I for myself have already decided what slashers on the PC platform is the best and Castlevania, Yes, in fact there is not as steep as in devil may region, or the same darksayders ,castle takes first of all atmosphere ,a variety of beautiful unpredictable levels ,interesting plot, damn Yes, there are even cool graphics for 10 years so very chic,great sound,it is just interesting to go through,I hope the second part will be the same masterpiece as the first...

V
Viss 12.05.20

NightHawkreal
Yes, I have them color only the questions are different, so they are all with a black outline and white coloring.
pavloalex and in no case the downloaded text file called MANUAL?

p
pavloalex 12.05.20

Viss
...if calmly understood,then navernoee wrote and didn't ask for help,right?
And you spent 30 sec.to message me,but assistance is NOT provided,it should have been,or you from it it became easier?

m
majoriky 12.05.20

pavloalex
I understand you have the USB cable - MicroUSB, which joy charge from the PS3... There are 5 pieces of connectivity options Joey from PS3 to PC, but I'll describe the most convenient for you. Download DS3 tool ( http://ds3-tool.en.softonic.com/ ), put on for work program need the Internet, she is not eating the traffic and does not load speed, but without at least some Internet work otkazyvaetsya. In principle, the net is needed only if you run the app after restarting the PC, if the restart does not happen, the net is not obligatory. Joy is connected to PC, launch the program because of Driver Manager, and then put a checkmark in all the items and hit"Load driver" and wait a few seconds until ostavatsa the wood at the bottom of the text log will appear the inscription INFO:Load driver for 'Port_#0001.Hub_#0003' completed., instead Port_#0001.Hub_#0003 can be a bit of a different inscription, it's in every PC in their own way... Coming back in Profiles put the circle near label Xbox 360 Controller Emulator=>Options and click Enable. Next, if you did everything right your joy will be determined as native boksovskie, and any game will see it correctly. x360ce is not needed, but to remove it necessarily, because it blocks all the other Joey.!! Now every time you restart the PC\disable the lasers you just run the prog and click Enable.
Further, if you have a Bluetooth adapter, it can be done via Bluetooth, only use this adapter vpret will be impossible, because the system will see it as joy. Connect Bluetooth to a PC, set the wood in the same way as described above, paradisi in category Bluetooth pair, then choose from a list of your joy and adapter and you pair now. Now in the tab Profiles press Enable and then unplug the cord from the joy to be joy to work with.!!!!! Now press the PS to Joss, waiting for a couple of seconds while joy to connect and all... it is Important that while connecting to the wireless Joey in the range of the Bluetooth nebylo Sony itself, or at least it was disabled, otherwise joy is to connect to it, not a PC, and have to connect on the new. Wood set only once, no longer need. If joy doesn't want to connect first try to press the pair now, then disconnect the power cord from Joey, and then click Enable... All buttons work as they should, sensitivity counterparts and vibration is...

p
pavloalex 12.05.20

majoriky
thank you

g
ghoul666 12.05.20

the camera and control is just terrible! at the level of the Clockwork tower for 30 minutes delbalso with jumping on the gears! patience hardly enough. боле6е stupid camera and controls in any recent console ports have not seen.

p
pavloalex 12.05.20

ghoul666
...I bought a gamepad from the box,now resting in the game.Suggest really to have fun,not just sometimes, but always from the game.

N
NightHawkreal 12.05.20

Just one downside to the whole port is not bad. And the jumping is crap, after the second tomb rider is not terrible.

g
ghoul666 12.05.20

pavloalex
well, only one game to buy joy - that makes no sense.

R
Ray_McCole 12.05.20

ghoul666
stop writing rebuses. the joystick is not expensive and nothing will prevent you to play with him in other games on the PC. not counting shooters and strategy, everything else is played much easier and more pleasant.