3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liquid A 16.05.20 08:58 pm

Artillery (Empire: Total War)

In this topic, please delitstsa your thoughts about artillery in the game, maybe someone has his own original artillery tactics.
I admit, at first I artillery is not pleased: the curve, inefficient, and does not ice. But closer to mid-late game, having examined the shells impact, I was very pleased. Just, playing for Russia, made a detachment of about 600 Turks, with one artillery almost. My losses consisted of 11 people))) Must have in short, all advise.
133 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dimon NEW 16.05.20

well, it is clear that artillery is very, very necessary, while the effect of the fear of it stayed with Midvale - rumble and incendiary bombs really scare the enemy troops.
buckshot is as effective as high-speed machine gun

s
sanchousgoblin 16.05.20

Yeah! And what a pleasure buckshot elephants make! :) Without a miss.

p
petja5 16.05.20

And I have probelm with buckshot. Tried a few times, losses of the opponent - on the strength of 3-5 people (number of units maximum), and sometimes no one at all! Honestly, a direct hit by a nucleus in the squad causes more loss (especially if on the side, down the line).
Bursting of the nucleus is very pleased: beat the distance, with a successful hit 15-20 enemy fighters go meet the ancestors.
Absolutely do not understand what is the advantage Soligalich shells? Written, have a wide area of destruction or something like that. But I have not managed to destroy any enemy soldier! I not so used?

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

and I have the opposite - bursting little damage (Choteau more like firecrackers:) ), but the incendiary act like a Napalm (boom scrivero over the enemy and wave the fire - consistently makes 5-10)

S
Serhio555 16.05.20

Incendiary shells exploding play - damage to the greater cause, and it looks beautiful. Has anyone used rapid-fire gun and missiles, how effective are they?

_
_nast 16.05.20

reading the local posts, including this, it seems to me that all the game is completely different

T
TheNik 16.05.20

know about artillery, I will say this(the results) -
buckshot - stand steadily on the soldiers in whom at least one charge gets.
bursting is the best option,at break of cursive flies like a firecracker,makes for times for 15-25 people.
kernel - which is very bad shells,makes for 5 people maximum at Neilsen hit.

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

Cores can be used either at the initial stage of the game, when nothing is understood, or when destroying enemy walls and buildings occupied by enemies.
Rapid-firing gun Ala the gun is not a bad thing, but there are nuances. Caveat first - the range of the gun 150, if I am not mistaken, more than double the distance from which shoots infantry. In my opinion not enough. Caveat the second - in hilly terrain is absolutely useless, because shoots like infantry directly and not on parabolicheskoi trajectory. For this reason, before it is impossible to place your troops, so the weapon is vulnerable to cavalry attacks.
But in principle, if wisely used, the gun is good. When has not been studied normal explosive shells or projectiles with quicklime - it.

C
Che Gevara 16.05.20

I have no guns for the infantry not set - otherwise, buckshot will - and the infantry will not be good. I'm always there for her cavalry put - if that, will get it. And one core can carry 12 people (did that yesterday). If the enemy is still far away and is in columns and not lines. Beauty!

G
Gendalf-golkiper 16.05.20

I have the core 1 to a maximum of 8 people was demolished, the result is pretty good

D
Dimon NEW 16.05.20

well, depends on where how to get
if the flank in the squad routine to get into the course super :) but still bad that there is such a mass as it was in m2tw from marganell :) here is where the meat was! :)

p
petja5 16.05.20

reading the local posts, including this, it seems to me that all the game is completely different

:)) Good point.

I have no guns for the infantry not set - otherwise, buckshot will - and the infantry will not be good
I put the infantry, but higher (on the hill of the hill it was). But from the canister nothing. Although a hundred times I had heard/read that it was the most effective and terrifying weapons of artillery. Maybe its the cavalry should be beaten - just 2/3 of the squad will mow down the rest will flee? :)

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

In principle, the infantry can be put before the guns, but not too close so as not hooked. It is impossible to put, if you're going to a shootout with buckshot. And of course before the guns beating directly also not rekomenduetsa.
Incidentally, some factions have unique artillery? And I still only mother Russia was not aware of.

b
bymka 16.05.20

Liquid A
The Ottoman organ gun, still have 64 sort of spike for the pound Maroto, but I think this is, and the Mughals, Mysore, Persia and the Ottomans.So only one.

S
SanSan1ch 16.05.20

While cores efficiently (generally sucks), but it is beautiful kaaaaak!!!
Does anyone know what kind of crap: marching Stroy include to move artillery, it is going, then immediately go back into fighting starts? Free fire is disabled... a bug or my crooked hands?

_
_nast 16.05.20

It is interesting that the troops attacking me neither of the times did not attack the artillery, can they not think of the people?

S
SanSan1ch 16.05.20

2 _nast
I don't know, I was attacked - well, at least infantry-elite covered (1612), such a massacre happened...

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

the funny thing is how long the gunners insignias do not give, though obstrelivaya, but it was my scorers to enter into a dogfight (as it happens, I missed the cavalry) and so she insignias :))

K
Kirill_S 16.05.20

and why hide artillery behind his infantry from the start? let is found. While the enemy is far away - throw it cores, got close, with buckshot, well, when very close - push forward the infantry, (the benefit in this version is really handy, you can all line infantry with a couple of clicks forward to push). Now the gun again on the kernel and throw them far ranks, and the infantry covering the front.

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

I yuzayu mortars (дальность750) :))
today, finally experiencing Palomat