3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liquid A 16.05.20 08:58 pm

Artillery (Empire: Total War)

In this topic, please delitstsa your thoughts about artillery in the game, maybe someone has his own original artillery tactics.
I admit, at first I artillery is not pleased: the curve, inefficient, and does not ice. But closer to mid-late game, having examined the shells impact, I was very pleased. Just, playing for Russia, made a detachment of about 600 Turks, with one artillery almost. My losses consisted of 11 people))) Must have in short, all advise.
133 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill_S 16.05.20

artillery is a means to smoke entrenched in the shelter of the enemy, to tickle his nerves, he began to move. It is a modern artillery blows everything and everyone, far too many want from it in the 18th century.

V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

Artillery in the Empire such as ineffective as in M2. The use of most guns no. The only thing that pleased - this Ottoman cutting tool that was, as additional troops. Whether animation and damage, with accuracy at the guns of the curve, as, in fact, everything in this game, or so initially thought that the player attacked, only line infantry, which is the most formidable force in the game.

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

In the initial stages I agree, artillery is ineffective. But then, more or less having studied artillery technology, a competent player can turn artillery into a very formidable force. With a full army (20 units sort of) in the mid-late game I have 3 or better 4 artillery detachment always goes. And believe me, they are themselves fully justified.

L
LOS01 16.05.20

hard to believe but

G
Gendalf-golkiper 16.05.20

no need to drive to the artillery.the current played a battle lost(but won the had a 100% chance I will play 2 times sure win), so one volley of one unit from the canister at the enemy General was carried from 15 to 20 people!!!I
couldn't believe it))after this, the General retreated)

V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

Gendalf-golkiper

Yes, cavalry buckshot knocks, nobody argues, but if you shoot at close range at infantry, then charge will be higher by two feet. And it is not related to the enemies, they shoot only way to go, but my eagles 90% in milk.

M
Mistik1 16.05.20

Velicolepnij

it is necessary to increase the level of artillery calculations to get at the enemy

V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

Mistik1

And how did you raise, if I have artillery kills per battle, where enemies about 1,500 people, only, maybe, 15-20 units.

M
Mistik1 16.05.20

Velicolepnij

I have artillery (2-3 grade)for the battle about makes from 1 to 3 units.it 1728г,pumped tear-shell,the balance of forces are approximately equal,shooting at the enemies entrenched behind cover,little wing,probably a bug....zhdems patches

D
Diman63vad 16.05.20

Howitzers are very good, especially at the storming of cities with big walls. 10 teams and a big part of the defending garrison falls. At least one bomb flies into the midst, and all people 40-50сразу.

L
LOS01 16.05.20

I think that artillery in the game is mainly designed for destroying buildings, walls, etc. when I pin the enemy in the building sits and I them the battery of guns....and physics of fracture did not disappoint!

M
Merkava 16.05.20

current speed x4 should be put, and it is possible to spend the night before the snipers'll blow your house down.

x
xxRIOxx 16.05.20

artillery + cavalry = running enemy troops!

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

2xxRIOxx
Controversial statement. Time is built in a square infantry - and kirdyk all your cavalry, whatever it was cool. And without the support of cavalry and artillery in principle it is possible to calculate not to take.

x
xxRIOxx 16.05.20

well, another couple of otryvkov line ^^
controversial but effective against the computer, and it is stupid ^^)

L
LOS01 16.05.20

xxRIOxx,do not have the intelligence of a computer in Empire much stronger than in those parts!For example cavalry always flank passes,I once so all cannons lost(and I have them there were about 5 groups) because I played everything in a different corner of the map and them missed, and they quickly from the rear on the gun!

p
petja5 16.05.20

In the initial stages I agree, artillery is ineffective. But then, more or less having studied artillery technology, a competent player can turn artillery into a very formidable force. With a full army (20 units sort of) in the mid-late game I have 3 or better 4 artillery detachment always goes. And believe me, they are themselves fully justified.

I have developed almost all artillery technology, there are two or three of the latter. And the rest, almost all of the last levels left. On the battlefield actively use mortars, the 750 beating, but it won't move. :(
Special sense is not noticed. Attacked me three times superior enemy. Army and 2 reinforcements. Of course I'm from the far began to fire at the enemy. Besides, he rushed at me immediately, and began to wait for the first reinforcements and to combine it with the main army. Shot 10 minutes before the enemy began to attack, a couple of minutes firing at the advancing enemy. And not just the cores and shells with Angelenos lime. Not to say that persuasion was not, but if he did, I particularly noticed.
From a couple of teams knocked out at 30-40 people. Of several 10-15. Well, what I vystroit his army outside the city, ie the enemy had to go breaking the system and actually going through 3-4 Otard. But it didn't save me. When the enemy came so close that it was dangerous to continue to fire because of the possibility to get on their own, I shifted fire to the enemy General. Of his 32 people after about 5 minutes obstrela 4 guns left 20! 20 guns in 5 minutes, and only 12 soldiers!
Tried explosive shells. Yes, the effect is, if it explodes in the middle of vrachanskogo Otard. But it happens much too rarely: either explode in vozduhe, killing 2-3 people, or fall in front of or behind the squad and there's going to explode. The point of this even less.
The only plus is almost immediately knocked out the enemy artillery (one unit). By the way, not the first time their artillery is served the enemy. Maybe the game is made so that the artillery artillery shoots more effectively than troops?
I'm not talking about shrapnel (have guns). The cavalry takes down Bang, but against a crowd of infantry is powerless at all! :(
In General, it remains to see in action, shrapnel shell, and pin shell (or whatever it's called?). The one that explodes, judging by the description, in contact with the target.
I understand that the artillery has not yet become a God of war. I'm even willing to admit that different explosive shells and shells with ineffective. But the shrapnel! This based on what I read, the knick, storm infantry in the game is just a wry smile.

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

2petja5
Shrapnel, Yes, could be strengthened. That casazza exploding shells... the shells Studied percussion and then accomplish your goal, the opinion of omeneasca dramatically. They will cease srivatsa in the air and anywhere. The effect is obvious. Though simple explosive shells for me, for me it's not so bad.

V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

petja5
Artillery is ineffective, owing to the shoals of the game, or balance curve. I was convinced, watching as a volley of explosive shells from mortars, blowing away half of the detachment of cavalry for a volley at the opposite end of the map, and the infantry can't do anything with a hundred-meter distance. It's just a glitch, because caught in the enemy Stroy explosive projectile kills 3-5 infantry, although need to cut more than 50%, which he does with cavalry. In the patch I think the balance corrected and infantry under shrapnel shells and razryvnymi will die, like cockroaches from the sneaker.

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

2Velicolepnij
There is no such. Then it will be too easy to score half the army artillery and your opponent is destroyed before managed to go the distance of an infantry volley. I personally do not need this. Perhaps artillery and is reinforced by the patch, but only a little.