3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liquid A 16.05.20 08:58 pm

Artillery (Empire: Total War)

In this topic, please delitstsa your thoughts about artillery in the game, maybe someone has his own original artillery tactics.
I admit, at first I artillery is not pleased: the curve, inefficient, and does not ice. But closer to mid-late game, having examined the shells impact, I was very pleased. Just, playing for Russia, made a detachment of about 600 Turks, with one artillery almost. My losses consisted of 11 people))) Must have in short, all advise.
133 Comments
Sort by:
V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

Liquid A

It is clear that you will not make the salvo of rockets will tumble down everything within a kilometer like Napalm shell, but excuse me, the basic accuracy of artillery, and all should be fixed necessarily. I want to say this is normal, when I shoot large buckshot, at close range from cannons on the infantry, she's not even hurt, well, or several flocks of 120 people. This is not normal.

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

2Velicolepnij
Don't know, I buckshot seldom used, and by the way not complaining, it is people normally stand. Rarely use it though. But especially don't like when buckshot used against me, to see how third of your regiment were killed in one moment is not very nice.

S
S.V.A.E.I.G. 16.05.20

Artillery really much I used to love. Not talking about her habit to shoot on their own... Sometimes with buckshot she fires, pleasure to watch, the enemies are dying by the dozens, but most of the buckshot shoots right over their heads. Maybe they are trying to intimidate the enemy? The truth in vain...
Mortars with the same story. As he wrote to comrade Velicolepniy, it is on the opposite edge of the map makes half of the detachment of cavalry and heavily proreal infantry, and number of hits like modern artillery, but the enemy to come closer, as she carefully gets exactly 5-10 from the goal. The effectiveness of shrapnel is the same as in the canister, it blows 30 people at a time, the fragments pass overhead.

x
xxRIOxx 16.05.20

I have the feeling that the game is all different.. I personally have the comp on a heavy finally nooob

D
Diman63vad 16.05.20

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

x
xxRIOxx 16.05.20

V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

D
Diman63vad 16.05.20

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

P
PMD 16.05.20

B
Bf109 16.05.20

N
NorscaNorse 16.05.20

s
sanchousgoblin 16.05.20

I ordered the guns to shoot at the troops, and before them, and the projectiles constantly flew.

k
krevetkoo 16.05.20

I have the shells explode in all the wrong places ( in the air halfway to Celli )

V
Velicolepnij 16.05.20

Normally fall on the troops, only the explosive shells and shrapnel, everything else is just not necessary, because even if it hits the target, it does not cause her any damage.

d
drewis 16.05.20

Velicolepnij: Here in this question. Also noticed that with explosive and incendiary shells observed some nonsense. Arrives incendiary charge directly into the center of the enemy unit, diverge around such beautiful waves of smoke and heat, and all the soldiers are as good as new, and though that they. Ie not in vozduhe explodes, namely in the middle of the squad! Bursting do not remember to reach someone, only fireworks they do (charged capsule hasn't been invented yet, I hope he will be better). From the canister and nuclei of dying is realistic, pritenzy not.
Still Skolan to believe that this is some kind of glitch version of the game, as it was some overpriced goods.

At the moment artillery is only used as a way of provoking the enemy into attacking, which is especially useful during the assault on fortified cities.

p
petja5 16.05.20

Artillery in the game - crap. Maybe sometimes you did it on purpose, that would be a balance - Hz. If it is a meaningful action, then fine. But if a bug, well, one more, one less - it is not udevitelno.
Artillery is ineffective. Only where it is valuable - the storming of cities, oddly enough NOT fortified walls. :) For there are enemies like to hide in the house, and to send its soldiers to smoke out protonica fraught with unnecessary losses. Always demolished such houses under the net. Perhaps that's all the positive side of guns and over. With the exception of one, what I say below.
Buckshot I have well just hit the cavalry. Usually the enemy shot at my cavalry for my guns I try to block enemy cavalry. Incendiary shells I have for the whole campaign (130 speed) was able to kill 5 people, and probably killed them unexploded ordnance. The explosive shells are a little better, but just slightly. If a shell explodes in the middle of the enemy unit - the costs are significant. But the fact of the matter is that often such a shell exploded before they reach the squad. The description says that it"showering enemies with fragments. Nonsense! Even when the fragments (at least those that are visible) letat after the explosion, exactly in the squad, losses from them. Well, or maybe one who is bent, probably from the splendour of the fireworks. Pomnozhte it on the curvature of artillery, and the result is that when the projectile still explodes on the ground, not in the air, he will be either in front or behind or to the side of the unit. Sense from artillerie - 0.
Eventually incendiary shells are replaced with shells quicklime (I think). Here all is strange. These shells are also sometimes explode in the air. The use of them thereafter is not. If the shell explodes on the ground, the damage it does but only if enemies are directly under the blast wave (which propagates in the direction of motion of the nucleus). If the unit got under this wave - 3-8 people die. If the posse came in a hanging cloud of lime after just a moment after the explosion - no loss he is not responsible. I may be wrong, but quicklime is scary is the fact that it burns the skin and especially kisenyi membranes of the nose, mouth and eyes. That is caught in such a concentrated cloud of soldiers from the battle is displayed as a minimum and perhaps he already do to fight never have to write off on disability. There are also all excellent. Whether there masks at all, whether the lime is slaked, whether at the hands of developers curves - XS. And the sense from these shells is not a lot.
Here it gets a little better. Grapeshot projectile. With good popadenii mow 10-20 people. Disadvantages - oblique artillery. It can also explode before the target, and buckshot will not reach the enemy. Therefore it is better to have at least 3 squad of artilerii.
And finally the only decent projectile exploding on impact. Cons - the same kosolaposti and clubhand artillery. Well, it is located at the end of the tech tree. If you only have one squad of mortars, most likely you will not be able to dostoinstvu to evaluate this shell. ulcsa only 4-5 that would get the volley in which you will get at least a third of the shots. One good volley 4 squads of mortars reduced the number of enemy troops by 50-70%. In one of the 80 people at once 12, who panicked and left the battlefield.
And another important aspect. This shell is good to use in the attack when the enemy is not eager to rush to you, what would you have had time to do a few volleys. In a similar manner once I wiped out about 2 thousand enemy soldiers in the colonies, losing a total of 60 people, 58 of them - my cavalry, which I left to finish running and overlooked that it podina exactly on the stakes. Very effective, but we have to let them to adapt to it.
In the defense of such shell to sense significantly less because the enemy walks up to you, but the mortars are to close not shoot.

S
Saladin-sult-an 16.05.20

Yes.... Sure we play games (like already someone noticed)! I'm sitting here on the mortars with limestone (which is canceled) :))) So vrazhin die like flies, even in buildings (works here, the type of sarin:)). And the melee - shot! Shrapnel's the point I have 0! Even better kernel (of course with 24-gauge).
But the accuracy of artillery, then sorry... I'm Telling you, the 18-th century and not 21 St! Yes compare the efficiency of artillery of the First World (mostly just scared) with the Second (not only the Scarecrow, Katyusha, for example) and Modern (smart bombs). Say thank you, that guns don't explode like in those days, and that after the battle had be-all to buy new! So. :(