3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liquid A 16.05.20 08:58 pm

Artillery (Empire: Total War)

In this topic, please delitstsa your thoughts about artillery in the game, maybe someone has his own original artillery tactics.
I admit, at first I artillery is not pleased: the curve, inefficient, and does not ice. But closer to mid-late game, having examined the shells impact, I was very pleased. Just, playing for Russia, made a detachment of about 600 Turks, with one artillery almost. My losses consisted of 11 people))) Must have in short, all advise.
133 Comments
Sort by:
A
Amnepox 16.05.20

in short, contrary computer, the most it is a mortar (750) and shells percussion
in the middle of the squad if they fall, that leaves about 20-40 corpses
four batteries of mortars will induce panic in anyone ))

k
krevetkoo 16.05.20

we are in different games I play artillery almost never misses ( probably satellite targeting and ballistic calculators use )
and the shells began to explode when necessary :) this despite the fact that I
using guns which in the description says that this is the legacy of the middle ages.

G
Geiser_1980 16.05.20

I tell myself from the point of view of history: in the 18th century - artillery only were developed... mainly its high cost bogey, i.e., the capture of guns was glad as the gold... the Olympics - there's the part of the Swedes were only 4 guns!!!!! Peter has more than 20.... A reasonable development of the artillery only got to the end of the 18th century, remember the March of Bagration, as he has the whole army was kept with 5 guns!! According to historical statistics, in the 18th century, the main mortality in the battles and remained from piercing and cutting wounds!! After my words, pay attention to the time of our game!! and You will understand!! My opinion is that the game only with the most sophisticated technology, from artillery to demand anything!!

R
Ruslan1608 16.05.20

In my opinion the most bespolezen weapon are missiles(with a large area of destruction damage dealt to the enemy is very small rockets constantly flying anywhere but not in the enemy's ranks) are at Least useless and guns Pakla because of its short effective range and poevlenie shooters with rifled barrels the advantage in firing range all disappeared. Pleased Martyr in long range shooting have good accuracy with projectiles and impact in General the tale.

p
pirat233 16.05.20

Tell me how on the field of battle to put guns to STRENGTHEN !!!

s
solomon39 16.05.20

About the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of artillery will tell you a funny story: fought with a computer he rastavil their guns as usual far away from the main battle. So after the battle the infantry I won the comp., I have left four of course not the full squad and the computer 2 of the detachment of artillery, I started to them to podpisatsja from different sides of the infantry, so the artillery computer ran like homing weapons deployed in a strontium - buckshot shot half my squad there, they ran into another squad of the same story - ran in third and fourth and so quickly shoot and razvorachivat guns that my weakened infantry and never ran and I eventually lost the battle. So that judge effective artillery or not. I certainly could not.

p
petja5 16.05.20

I fully agree with Amnepox. It is their use, exactly in quantity of 4 pieces. There are pravdaru armies without them, but those in the colonies, where mortars yet to get. :)
About the accuracy of artillery I do not argue, it is low. Otherwise it can not be a smooth-bore guns. Besides, a large part of the artillery technology, which make the artillery efficient, and driven the infantry in the trenches, not yet invented.
Disappoints me is the inefficiency as such. I still play for Russia, and only with the emergence of shells exploding when hitting a cannon, or rather mortars, were actually effective. No shells with lime and was not even close. Of course I tried to fire them at buildings, which sheltered the enemy. Moreover, in the description of this technology, said that the bullets have an incendiary effect. Nonsense! The damage to the building is less than that of getting a simple cast-iron discs. And no fire was observed, although fired at the farm. What is she, stone?
Missiles do stupid weapon. Oblique (that naturally), and when still get, damage just. Although the course looks pretty impressive, but it is assumed that they will not entertain, and to kill enemy soldiers.
Came up with the idea, and perhaps of the nation depends on the accuracy and effectiveness of the shells. Well, they will not radovatsya per kilometer before the enemy, and near to it? One effective and early artillery, tell me what countries you play?

I certainly could not.
The fact of the matter is that the player is not. I have a computer again too buckshot passed a detachment of cavalry. But it's okay, set yourself up for inexperience. But when I shot three simple cores got into the General's squad, moving perpendicular to the shooting line almost to the limit of reach of the guns, I just could not believe my eyes. Hit 3 of 3 shots (the 4th gun was already broken). General killed, troop deserted. And such examples can give you another five. Of course General I no longer tripped, but fell on my comp again and again very very good.

D
DhuMory 16.05.20

petja5
This is what these technology guns, what drove the infantry in the trenches? All mixed up again. Guns just need to pick out the infantry from the trenches.=) And the trenches came that the infantry could hide in there before from small arms fire. (from guns to build, for example, bunkers, reduce, etc.)=)

But on the subject of artillery, its effectiveness depends on the settings. When you ... large groups (160 snouts in the line), the battery of guns 4 times more to shoot enemies than ...(80 dug in the line). So when you write about his victory and the effect, please specify the game settings.

k
krevetkoo 16.05.20

remembered a funny event my rocket launcher shot at a squad of Indians
but the rocket blew away in the Stroy of my infantry

A
Adsumus 16.05.20

I have artilleryzero,even when the studied technologies.But! When receiving the maximum level of experience of the gunners turn into any Voroshilov shooters.For battle 1 battery shoots for 200 people,mostly by shrapnel.And from mortars wing almost there as before.Size of groups-maximum.Rocket record 4 (hand to hand))).

p
pepik1 16.05.20

please tell me.when the artillery will start with Trest explosive shells?explosive projectile learnedand the old munition((((

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

don't forget that artillery in the game is divided into cannons and mortars, respectively guns firing shrapnel-shrapnel, mortars and explosive shells

F
FexOFFEE 16.05.20

Do not scold buckshot!!! This is the most effective that is in the middle. Sometimes 40 people makes if very close. Just some shooting at long range,and then wonder.

76RUS 16.05.20

From artillery, much depends...

A
AleXsandr Bresslay 16.05.20

pepik1;
when I play battle, click on the howitzer and on the panel in the lower right corner to see next to the standard. cores function explosive gameplay push. on it and they will shoot the gap. shells.Note: you have to build artillery factory after explore explosive shells to inanimate howitzers, Toko and mortars, they can use them. read generally there written in technology!!!

A
AleXsandr Bresslay 16.05.20

I use howitzers on foot, mostly the most effective in the battle maybe the accuracy is low, but if you get half the squad will not be starting from the bursting projectiles and higher technology in this area!!!!
Al-BeRtS;
Totally agree about the canister, it is necessary to keep the troops closer to the gun...

_
_Emperor_ 16.05.20

I agree,artillery is not quite effektivnaya,but in the version spesial edition forse Ottomans are multi-barreled gun-the enemy soldiers are dying like cockroaches from dichlovos

Y
Yomen 16.05.20

The usual artillery on the field of battle is practically useless.....she is leash able to make the comp act not just stand and wait for the attack ( sometimes this happens before I start shelling), buckshot is also inefficient....in the best case manage to make one shot before the batteries will be crushed. Howitzers and mortars are more effektivno, because they can reliably cover behind infantry, and they can be relatively safe to fire at the enemy. Paly and rockets it's just exotic weapons....they needed only to diversify the game and do not bear any practical use.

F
FexOFFEE 16.05.20

I do not agree!

Y
Yomen 16.05.20

Al-BeRtS
What exactly don't you agree?!! Or with everything?!?!