3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liquid A 16.05.20 08:58 pm

Artillery (Empire: Total War)

In this topic, please delitstsa your thoughts about artillery in the game, maybe someone has his own original artillery tactics.
I admit, at first I artillery is not pleased: the curve, inefficient, and does not ice. But closer to mid-late game, having examined the shells impact, I was very pleased. Just, playing for Russia, made a detachment of about 600 Turks, with one artillery almost. My losses consisted of 11 people))) Must have in short, all advise.
133 Comments
Sort by:
L
Liquid A 16.05.20

Ottoman organ gun if I am not mistaken only in the special version of the game or those who took the trouble to download a small file to unlock the special forces)) As it is, by the way, is a weapon? Worthwhile?

p
plkio2007 16.05.20

People, do not consider stupid.And where is the button combat/turn-based" mode?

E
ERHater 16.05.20

And where is the button combat/turn-based" mode

The same place where the firing button - bottom right. Not available for any artillery, only the horse.

But it artillery so that it only remains Mat cover, then ordered to cease firing, and she starts to shoot on his own and God knows where in the white light; that to me is a crowd of enemies (it would seem that's the goal), and they are hard to shoot 2-3 running ragged,Yes, and these vagabonds still beyond the reach of; then ordered the rest in marching order, horse cling, suddenly the gunners see the enemy and again without the order laid out in the combat; and if the enemy went into the flank - there is nothing to think, shooting harming more than their own, through each other ...

S
S.V.A.E.I.G. 16.05.20

Button, which painted a horse on panel, which displays the orders to: build, attack, melee, etc.
Noticed that the canister insanely effective against cavalry, all their makes.

p
petja5 16.05.20

Does anyone know what kind of crap: marching Stroy include to move artillery, it is going, then immediately go back into fighting starts? Free fire is disabled... a bug or my crooked hands?

Looks like a bug. I have been several times when artillery (oybchno in the group) suddenly had a change of heart translated to the stowed position, and began to unfold in combat. Not all, but some of the units. And it's all in the mode to act only on orders. In such cases, chose each unit separately and personally told him, they say, and do not want to move to the stowed position? In such cases zheleli all. :)

And if there was a case promogran enemy cavalry (but we can and General can't remember). They hit one of my units. And how defeated cavalry (reinforcements arrived), it turned out my quarter gunners no. After that, this unit refused to transfer to the stowed position and to move anywhere at all. Maybe they killed COH Ivanovo, maybe a horse hacked and nothing to carry one of the guns - XS. But it seems to throw the whole gun, which lacks the personnel or transport units can't.

Noticed that the canister insanely effective against cavalry, all their makes.
It was this suspicion, to be tested did not. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

M
Merkava 16.05.20

Who to Shrapnel doper in the game? How's it going?

d
dukduk 16.05.20

artillery is quite a normal feeling behind the infantry until the moment when the melee starts (or rather feels good just infantry), no does not hurt even on flat terrain. I have at least.

M
Merkava 16.05.20

Well, I have Menshikov in his gun into the kettle came) Here's a twist on the story))

http://www.bankreferatov.ru/db/M/76BB044A3751C55EC3256832007DB8C1

if anyone knows who's prophesies) in General, the game useful))

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

Shrapnel is a good thing, has on the order of buckshot, but by that time I already yuzal howitzers coupled with explosive shells.

A
Amnepox 16.05.20

yeah shrapnel is a cool (made like incendiary cores, only instead of fire I buckshot)

tried the Packing - dual impression :) has a very large range, shoots at a rate of one shot per second (makes about 10-12 shots) of the advantages of this tool is to mark the fast recharge (2-3 times faster guns) and a good firing range... in General apply onli for a change :))

S
SanSan1ch 16.05.20

2 petja5
That's it, exactly the same thing, only move alone, freaks...

p
petja5 16.05.20

Well, I have Menshikov in his gun into the kettle came) Here's a twist on the story))
+1! :))))))

Who to Shrapnel doper in the game? How's it going?
I apparently doper. The shrapnel is, but no sense of it. Like incendiary shells. The shrapnel I have causes the loss of 1-3 persons. Core and more will come. Incendiary shells had in one battle. Shot almost at the limit of dalnosti, but the fire kept for about 10 minutes.
N And H E G O
None of the deceased enemy!
Use only core and explosive shells.

D
Diman63vad 16.05.20

2 Liquid A
I have a spec. forces edition and I'll tell you the on-nonsense, shoots from each of 6 cores and in different directions + very long recharge + very expensive + shooting again current kernels + fixed = shit

D
Diman63vad 16.05.20

The invention Shrapnel (Henry I think) crap, do a null result.

L
Liquid A 16.05.20

2 Diman63vad
OK, thank you, will consider)

T
TheNik 16.05.20

Диман63вд
my identity is special force edition of the Union in the TRC pike bought XA
organ gun that shoots 6 cores certainly looks breaks ground effectively but kills from strength to convoy of 1000 people maximum 25 people.
expensive,so recharges are generally a separate case,for the heat did well
led 12 units organ artillery and 6 units of line infantry for the Ottomans to protect guns and a General on a horse,whinnying at the end of their victory over heavily against me, there were 4000 Austrian line infantry around.I started shooting from organici,so effectively flew 72 cores(at what note 30 of them were in shelters in which I was going to get his infantry.)well made a line of infantry in 213 people,happy as hell and then cried until the Ottomans satyawali the barrel of a gun with their poles, the Austrians have long been a normal pace (not running) started the melee attack,well, the end was funny,I put the infantry in the building and they were shot on silent all who approached the building,and the victory went to due to the fact that he killed their General,they dragonly and fled,all the artillery was destroyed after the first a spectacular volley.

D
Diman63vad 16.05.20

General authorities chtoli killed, and that they current suitable for this purpose and once massive bombardment on the General's unit, and generally having fun.

S
SanSan1ch 16.05.20

General authorities chtoli killed, and that they current suitable for this purpose and once massive bombardment on the General's unit, and generally having fun.... XD

T
TheNik 16.05.20

диман63
Yes,the General struck so that, after such a volley from his group of 6 riders from 32 left.

L
LOS01 16.05.20

Yes, crappy artillery!!!osserva vaasche not brings!a complete mess...