3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
14524624347 16.10.19 03:16 am

Maps, mods and so on (Star Wars: Empire at War)

I want to install new maps, add-ons any thread on Empire at war, but didn't work.!!! all search engines have climbed any [censored] not found. Tell me some sites.

Don't forget to follow the rules of the forum! Please, no obscenities, and then get banned! (Dan4MerC)
167 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oleg001 16.10.19

PaladinAleks
Well for starters, referring to forbid, from rocked, and then maybe even talk.)))

O
Oleg001 16.10.19

K0MAH4
Custom maps should be put here: LukasArts/Star Wars Empire at War/GameData/Data/CustomMaps

C
CRUSADER52 16.10.19

Damn people, help please, I did not get to install mods, like throw in a folder and so on, and they don't work, please tell me.

V
VanGrey 16.10.19

CRUSADER52
Which version of the game? Steam or just?

You need to throw not just in the game folder, and in there created a folder Mods.

Next:
1) Some mods work as soon as you put them in this folder and no anonizm no longer need.
2) Some mods will require you to make a registration at the end of the tag -N(where N is the mod name).
3) some mods will need to drive the batch file with a registration path to mod (if the mod was made for steam version, and you want to play on normal). Type swfoc MODPATH=Mods\YodenMod2017 only the mod name change on your.

V
VanGrey 10.11.21

I tried Empire At War Remake 2.3 yesterday. There were many impressions ... both positive and negative!

On the positive side, I bow to you for such work! The guy got confused to insanity ..... In fact, he made a game from scratch))) But, as it were, "mod"))

From the negative - he was too insanely confused!
He was too clever than anyone else in his mods)))
1) I wanted too much to make the graphics of the 2019 sample)) Yes .... it is damn beautiful with pseudo 3D in space and a change of angle (now the battle takes place as if over the surface planets, and not in blackness with a planet somewhere in the background in the form of a small ball).
2) He was too smart trying to balance the factions.
As a result, a game like how acquires new tactics and mechanics, but in fact the whole gameplay only deteriorates.

The Emperor, after upgrading to Byss, takes up all 50 command points (because he is no longer a Sith Lord passenger (space), but a Sith Lord-Eclipse). As a result, when ground combat is activated, the game fucks with this and "hello desktop".

2) Piett goes through all the "circles of hell" in achieving the Executioner ..... But he begins to take 100 command points and generally becomes a "soloist", since the base limit of 100 units for space battle does not allow him to give help. And the "juice" itself - if the "zerg" attacks it too - "hello desktop". Since the game again freaks out so much to load and draw.

3) Vader cost only the Devastator ISR.

4) "ARK Hammer" has turned into a "legal" cheat that gives 90% acceleration in the construction of everything on the planet where it is located. But you can't build a Dark Soldier (which is a pity).
In battle, it turns into a hellish spawn of fighters and bombers .... True shot))) Due to the "balance".
Worth ..... 75 Command Points.

5) Extremely incomprehensible placement of cruisers.
The most "expensive" does not mean that the most "useful".
Venator shamelessly oppresses the Procurator .... Although the Procurator is tenacious and costs more (because Venator has a special weapon that works like a machine gun and knocks out points through shields and he cannot carry fighters).

6) The attempt to "hide" garrisons in some ships is extremely buggy.
You will "shove" them, but you can't stick it out.
Flawed feature.

7) Eclipse, Executioner and other large ships cause the game to crash if they participate in powerful batches.

In short ... You can list everything ad infinitum.

The bottom line is this: The
mod is awesome, but you need to have extremely remarkable hardware and the desire to spend a day to "rebalance" the units.

Since in the Conquest of the Galaxy in ground battles, command points are consumed only by heroes. Regular troops can be spawned in unlimited quantities if reinforcements allow.

A
Alexander Petrov 1196 10.11.21

People, are there maps of the galaxy even larger and more massive than 55 planets. I would like to sit down for a long game in a huge space. And then all the maps of galaxies went pretty quickly ... If there are such maps, please post a link!

v
vitalik76 10.11.21

I don't know if anyone else is playing this game. That's the question. Everyone knows that if you download and install mods for the game, then they must be written by default to the Steam steamapps common Star Wars Empire at War corruption Mods folder. However, if the game is purchased on Steam, it is possible to automatically install mods directly through the Steam Workshop. And in this case, as I understand it, not the entire mod is downloaded, but only the necessary files. This is how I installed the thrawn's revenge mod. The mod works, but due to localization, instead of texts, there are solid "labels". I wanted to switch to English, I go to the Mods folder, and it's empty. Actually the question is, where in this case to look for the mod files themselves?