3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex00X 05.06.20 02:32 pm

Multiplayer (Far Cry)

THE INTERNET GAVE ME RECENTLY. WANTED TO EVALUATE THE POSSIBILITY OF A NETWORK GAME. CHOSE the GAME far cry TO the NETWORK AND I CAN NOT PLAY. WRITE. HELP. BLIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!
WHAT TO DO?
197 Comments
Sort by:
G
Graf 05.06.20

I forgot to say that we play without a network cable, and telephone wire, for the pull I 1 km a very expensive and pointless (1 meter= 15 rubles),1 km = 1000 rubles, and suddenly cut off, in short, is not profitable and stupid.Here we play in transactions.Easy was Battlefield 2, Perimeter, Civilization, Varhamer,Underground 2 etc, but Farkray - this is too much.I Think Electronic Arts along with Ubisoft make a multiplayer game from us intruders to khalyavnykh not played.I'm not going Farkray and Generals.If anyone knows th about the Generals or about Farkray, write pliz on soap.

P. S. thanks in Advance.

F
Flaming 05.06.20

It is clear that you play without the cable. To call the modem people have learned, once invented the modem, so there is nothing supernatural. I would not believe that FC is harder for our networks than w40kdow. Count and you did it all right? The console called? I would have tried, just recently wiped Far Cry.

G
Graf 05.06.20

P. S. Well, at least you stayed in this thread, I'll ask you one, stay on, and then no one helps, because most of the play for cables. Yes, in the console I wrote, when I wrote \konnekt and next to Ip address, I have written the Server can only have a local IP address - why is this shit not know, also wrote SV_Server Type LAN - too anything, it is written as a message to the team and not as a team. Maybe you know, maybe somewhere you can download the Server+ Client, what type of a program, like in GTA San Andreas?! Now I downloaded patch 1.33, writes need patch 1.31 and downloaded it, now says need patch 1.3, the nerve of this game and Ubisoft oborzeli... ugh I'm angry with them.

F
Flaming 05.06.20

Today I hope to try myself, and while I can only advise to set the IP explicitly. Here is an excerpt from another forum (it seems, it is a direct connection through a cable, but something similar can be done on dialup):

Now!!! After days trying to solve this problem, I finally did it!!!
What you need to do:
1. Go to the menu start -> configuration ->Network connections
2. Hover your mouse over your Connect via LAN" and press the right button, then select Properties.
3. Window components checked are used by this connection poke once myshoy on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and below, click on the Properties.
4. In the window that appears, put a point opposite the Use the following IP address
5. Now, where it says IP address: write 192.168.0.1, and where it says netmask: 255.255.255.0 write (it is said that the mask can not write, but better to be safe )
6. Now the same thing done with another computer that you have connected to the local network, but only IP address written like this: 192.168.0.2 THIS is IMPORTANT!!!
Accordingly, the third computer IP address you would be 192.168.0.3 etc. subnet Mask everywhere one of a kind!!! (if you are going to register.)
Isprobavano on a LAN consisting of three computers connected through a hub. The company stood OS: Windows XP (on two SP1, one SP2, while if the server was created on the computer where you installed Windows with the second service pack, the other two didn't see it and had to connect via the console.)

Strange, how do you bathe when connected via cable: my 2 friend's house computer was in LAN, so we did it the first time without any problems. In short, don't lose hope maybe we'll sort something out.

G
Graf 05.06.20

I'll try to digest ACE, what you said, but... I have a question, my boys wanted Troy to play, and all the time 1 for one, how to do it.And if you have time describe what you have already written about LAN before, I Hochk fully grasp, OK!!!

P. S. thanks in Advance.

F
Flaming 05.06.20

The three of us to call, as far as I know, it is impossible for the same reason that you can't talk on the phone three: the line will be busy. Read more than written, it is hard to explain, I don't know what to add. Just follow the instructions. If you really understand, try to enter in the search engine how to set the subnet mask or something like that.

G
Graf 05.06.20

I'll try, but I did not understand what is this path: start/settings/Network connections, I do not understand the highlighted word, as I have XP Professional 2002, SP2, and they have th been. My current start, then network connections and right-click properties, and settings no. And why it is necessary to write the IP address 192.168.0.1, because we have another rijon, we have all the IP addresses start with 169.254... it is necessary to write your also, or have I misunderstood?!

P. S. You probably live in Moscow.

F
Flaming 05.06.20

I'm from Ulyanovsk. This example I found on another forum and quoted it like it is. It is not ideal for our situation, but we also can enter the IP. You have not been able to do this?

G
Graf 05.06.20

No, why?
I understand how to set, but the mask I found, well I think not so necessary, current was not cut about 255.255.255... che is the address to write? I'll try Sedna, but more th:
The one who accepts him, too, because che is necessary to adjust, I'd try what I can do. But what do you think...

P. S. so you set Farkray?!

F
Flaming 05.06.20

The disk I already have, tomorrow I will try

G
Graf 05.06.20

Okay, I can't check friends not yet arrived, but I'll come check it out.

F
Flaming 05.06.20

Did it!
Here's the plan my actions to you, Earl, for all owners of dial-up:
Server:
1). Under "Incoming connection": Properties - networks - Internet Protocol TCP\IP – Properties – allow callers to access my local network – specify the IP explicitly in the 169.254.0.1 169.254.0.2 - allow calling computer to specify its own address, OK.
2). Log in, create, cause the console, enter SV_ServerType LAN, waiting.

-Client:
1). Connection properties (to whom the dialler) – a Network Protocol of the Internet TCP\IP – Properties – Use the following IP address 169.254.0.3
2). Go to game – multiplayer – cause the console and enter \connect 169.254.0.1
3). Say thank you to all those, with whose help I came up to this and including me.

G
Graf 05.06.20

And you're done, the current I in the evening I'll try Sedna, so where did you get it(art that is), this vylivaetsya the question to the test No. 2:
What you need to do to run bots?!
And that...by the way thanks for the help, I have a question now to you personally - have you ever participated in creating the game project? Maybe you know something to do on the computer, well, that is modeling, sound, or programming. I was just wondering, I just really need a programmer.

P. S. if you are not anyone from the list, it doesn't matter, we will continue to share issues and solutions to them, OK!!!

F
Flaming 05.06.20

Sam reached. Through trial and error, I can't remember all of the forums where I was sitting. Unfortunately, none of the above, I am not, so bots can not do. But just can't get them.

G
Graf 05.06.20

Well, okay, what are not. I'm probably tired, but...
Here, as always, we have no luck another.
Now I will describe my plan of action, test it and tyou maybe where we made a mistake, here it is:
I. If you connect to another player, then you need to do the following:
Go to start/control Panel/Network and Internet connections/Network connections/Create new connection,and then run new connection Wizard.
Click Next to Connect to the Internet/Next/Set up my connection manually/Next/Using a modem/On.Then enter any word or number in the field the Name of the service provider/Next,then enter a phone number someone will call/Next, then enter your name any password and confirm it/Next/Finish.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
II. Whoever will take the user(the Other player), he needs to do the following:
Go to start/control Panel/Network and Internet connections/Network connections/Create new connection,and then run new connection Wizard.
Click Next to connect directly to another computer/Next/Accept incoming connections/On.Then choose your modem and put a tick, if the tick is already on the modem, then click Next/Disable a VPN connection/Next.
Now a bit trickier,we remove everywhere the ticks and do the following:
Click Add...;in the User field, write the name that will take.It is necessary to ask the player, which we accept.But don't forget pknk no. I, as if you enter in the User field, one name, and those who will connect will enter a different user name, you will not be able to take it, because the names will be different.Then in the Full name field, enter the name of the computer your player, originally asking it from your player.
If you don't know where you can see the computer name, then here are the coordinates: Go to start/control Panel/Performance and maintenance/System icon the system Properties.On the tab computer Name see Full name of your computer and all.
Tell in the field Password write password, but it must match the same password that was entered by another player, when you call(ask him).In the field Confirmation again write the same password, then Next/Next/Finish.And don't forget to Add... myself too, making everything as opino above.

So here we play, may verbally and written hard, but I think I problema that I don't have cable, as I said, and you've got a friend it goes(maybe you didn't pochital, that is about the cable).All that I described above I DON'T WORKER, so I think you're going to transfer. We also tried to do like you said, it takes two addresses From so-and-so on such and such, instead of 169.254.0.3 I even tried to write 169.254.0.2, that does not work, say in a connection to me that cannot connect to another server the exact same climbs completely new inscription - LIMIT CONNECTION TIME EXPIRED. Well, of course it is clear that to explain one thing, but to see more, I'll try to create one video.

P. S. Try to create as we do, or ask yourself or your friend describe the complete path - how to create a connection. Well excuse me, but can't.

F
Flaming 05.06.20

Sorry, I have bad news for you. Today we were reunited, but the client did not ask an explicit IP, and the server is not prescribed SV_ServerType LAN. Everything turned out without it. By exclusion it became clear that the only required action was that the client was prescribed a console connect Server IP. This means that I did not discover anything new, everything was very simple, and you have a problem in something else, and I don't think it is speed. When our 26kb\s play without crashes, although not without lag (when like). The cable I have, and pull it more than 20 meters away is ridiculous, is that if you have a couple hundreds of free poles for the power lines.

G
Graf 05.06.20

Well anyway try it, if not it is difficult to describe Jackie your connection, as I described above. So far no results have.

P. S. by the Way, in what you still know how to play games on the LAN, apart from what is Warhammer 40000?!

L
Lexus13 05.06.20

Deleted my silly posts!! Or, you know...

M
Master Magii 05.06.20

Yes in farcry mine, no one plays...

e
elvis_1956 05.06.20

IN FAR CRY YOU PLAY MORE PEOPLE THAN IN DOOM 3 . BUT IN GENERAL I THINK THAT THE GAMEPLAY IN THE NETWORK IS NOT THERE, NOT HERE. IT IS BETTER TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD 2, OF COURSE IF YOU HAVE A MILLION BUCKS. (PER HOUR EATS 50MB)