3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20 02:39 am

Memory usage (RAM) (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Happened to notice that the toy eats only 1.5-2 GB Rama, of the available 12 GB. Nowhere couldn't find settings for it, it is possible to make it a little less modest ? The game runs on ultra in FullHD and does not frieze, of the bugs only noticed that sometimes the car is literally lost because of the back. Something tells me that between these things there's a correlation... Or is it normal... ? But then why in requirements it is written that it should be at least 4GB and preferably 8GB ?
Here skrinshotik...

Oops, I didn't expect it to be so small...
Spoiler
In General I would be grateful for any help :)
177 Comments
Sort by:
B
BAHAHDP 22.07.20

The first time I hear a complaint of low use of RAM))
The disappearance of cars is a common bug of the game)

K
KARTE3 22.07.20

The Manager does not always correctly shows use third-party software. I have about 6 that do hawala.
I play almost at ultra.

N
Nikita507 22.07.20

is that XP?

w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20

BAHAHDP
The bottom line is that needs to eat more, magic does not happen - it means that something is not working right :) About the car thank you didn't know... thought that at least in the fifth part so correct.
KARTE3
And than it is possible to look right ? Preferably something small like CPU z... never noticed that Before similar for a Manager...
Nikita507
No, it's seven, I just don't like of the type fashionable gradients, and other visualizations. Tolo took place, and eat a lot of money performance.

P
Pavel_Orlov 22.07.20

Yes very much eats RAM

m
metallurg666 22.07.20

Tolo took place, and eat a lot of money performance
nuuuu sooo affects performance!!!

D
Dimchik94 22.07.20

metallurg666
ummm. as if Yes. everything he says is correct. I turned on the high-performance mode. for a small number of operatives it assists. MGB 200-300 sucks the life out of these unwanted effects.

w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20

metallurg666
Performance is just a nice bonus, I'm more annoyed that all the Windows are these effects more space and look at it not that that would be cool...
The topic goes in the wrong direction ! Each modulators as he wants, better on tell me :)

V
Vadik Avlochinskiy 22.07.20

I operative with visible and enabled game that eats up about 6.5 GB. 8. the rest of the game takes for vidyuhi think

C
Cryptor 22.07.20

Most likely you have a large file-a swap worth it. If you want maximum performance and RAM usage, then turn off the file-swap. But then memory can all end after a while and you have the game will crash with an error about lack of memory. Or do the file swap is small, for example 1 GB of RAM will be actively used then. Large file-swap is not always a good thing, because it can even become a hampering factor because it is significantly slower than RAM.

Besides, I do not recommend you to place a file-swap on the same HDD where the game is, because then it will reduce the performance of the HDD because it will occur two operations of READING-RECORD at the same time on the same HDD, and when is dual operation that the HDD significantly slower running.

The ideal option is generally to put the game on the SSD because it is a great reading of the game data occurs constantly during driving in the city, and file-swap post on the fastest HDD in the system and use a static file-paging that would not be fragmentation. For example, the initial size of 1024 and maximum 1024.

V

Cryptor
sensible advice, but what about the fact that not all RAM is used because of the large swap file is not so. I monitor afterburner how much resources the computer uses the game. FP was turned off and noticed that still not until the end of the RAM being used even without FP. so I still think that the rest of the memory takes vidyuhi

w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20

That looked with the aid of some other program, same story.

Cryptor
Didn't set up before, something like this ?

V

wiruza.inbook
Yes it is

C
Cryptor 22.07.20

Vadik Avachinsky
Without FP you have RAM to be used at a maximum, to the point that after a while it may end for the game in General and then the game will crash. The fact that the RAM is not immediately filled all when the game is loaded, I play without OP and constantly monitors the RAM with afterburner. Now at boot I have from the beginning engaged in General only about 4 GB of operatives, but as the duration of the game the memory is filled and where the 2-3 hours of the game already shows that the RAM is busy with 7 GB out of 8.

Operative will be quickly filled as you move around the city, because there will be a new reading game data from the HDD into memory. But if the included file-swap and still large in size, the system will be to throw large amounts of data and then as you need to get them out of it, and then begin the friezes because the file paging on the HDD, and this thing slowly.

w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20

Thanks for the tips ! Try to play like something a little longer and see what happens. Propedeuse machine because the back is of course despicable, but it looks like it's just a feature of the series GTA :D

V

Cryptor
all true, but the rate of filling of the RAM also depends on what graphic settings are. I have almost all of Maxim. I also monitor and run the game afterburner shows about 4 GB, after about 15 minutes of the game, is filled to nearly 7 and all, then comes the OP. with AF disabled, the RAM is filled also to 7 and the game crashes. ie still will not completely fill.

4 Palca 22.07.20

Why clog the RAM after 30-60 minutes of play?Is there a solution to this problem?Thanks in advance.Config in the profile.

A
Alex Coachman 22.07.20

Because perado.

4 Palca 22.07.20

Alex Coachman
wrong

A
Alex Coachman 22.07.20

4 fingers
So a little RAM, and paging file is probably not. I have 8 tanks running with a trifle out. GTA 5 is clearly more eating. Although, now I will look.
UPD. Drove by a little switch between the characters 7.7 while that happened. I'll have to look at the long game. Generally the paging file to put more. Can help.