3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20 02:39 am

Memory usage (RAM) (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Happened to notice that the toy eats only 1.5-2 GB Rama, of the available 12 GB. Nowhere couldn't find settings for it, it is possible to make it a little less modest ? The game runs on ultra in FullHD and does not frieze, of the bugs only noticed that sometimes the car is literally lost because of the back. Something tells me that between these things there's a correlation... Or is it normal... ? But then why in requirements it is written that it should be at least 4GB and preferably 8GB ?
Here skrinshotik...

Oops, I didn't expect it to be so small...
Spoiler
In General I would be grateful for any help :)
177 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kranz39 22.07.20

cripples
And what size to put?

l
lookaway 22.07.20

KranZ39
the swap file is needed in any case, at least 16 GB of RAM will be.

m
max1504 22.07.20

in task Manager look? maybe program some eats, such as Google chrome, if more than 3 tabs with heavy elements are open, then most likely the game just to fly ( PS I have 8 gigs, the swap file minimum)

s
sokol-tv 22.07.20

No way. Wait for a patch. (Although they got a score.) Have the same problem. It only crashes after 10 hours of play. (computer profile)

A
Andrey Baulin 22.07.20

lookaway
Location infa that? Share.

A
Andrey Gordaboev 22.07.20

Put the swap file to 2 times more of your operatives and all! Most helped)

m
mister611 22.07.20

lookaway
the paging file is needed in any case, at least 16 GB of RAM will be
- stupidity. Live without it for years, never any app or game does not swear in his absence, any memory leaks in the game not happening.

M
MunchkiN 616 22.07.20

game can C. there is about 7 gigs RAM and 12 gigs of swap file (it is with low textures) so do not forget about the GPU.

l
lookaway 22.07.20

Andrew Baulin
everything is on the Internet.

mister611
well, move on.

A
Andrey Baulin 22.07.20

lookaway
Yes, the Internet has both points of view. But the arguments against the file sound more convincing. So I asked specifically to show.

k
kalek 22.07.20

KranZ39
Up to 8 GB need the swap file is not needed
512 Mb RAM — optimal paging file size 2048-2048 Mb
1024 Mb of RAM is the optimal size of the paging file 1412-1412 Mb
2048 Mb of RAM, optimal paging file size 1024-1024 Mb
4024 Mb of RAM is the optimal size of the paging file 768-768 Mb
6 GB (or higher) RAM — no paging file (i.e. 0 Mb, ie disabled)

m
mister611 22.07.20

What is there to write or ask? There is 8 GB of RAM on Board (or more) - kill the swap file it and test it, it will be clear need that throwback or not. You can always return back to, though I doubt this decision after the tests. Why scour the Internet to find the answer, if it's easy to test on your own computer?
Here are 6 key may not be enough. Some games pick up quite a lot of RAM and without disabling ongoing processes, not involved in the maintenance of the game may not be enough memory.

K
Kranz39 22.07.20

mister611
Tried turning it off, some games still require a swap file and crashes your message, negate. Vobshem put the paging file on the HD normally, the choice of the system like all the rules.

m
mister611 22.07.20

KranZ39
Well, as an option, I would suggest after you disable the paging file to reinstall some game, where it crashes without an error message about low. There may be some changes during the installation of the game, when it determines the configuration of your PC, and after removal of f.p. - does not find it and throws an error. Install the game on the OS without f.p. maybe there will be no requests for games to use f.p.. This is of course pure assumption, as I myself wrote above do not fit with the disconnected f.p. and never any errors and requirements on its inclusion arose. I'd conducted a similar experiment, otherwise that 8GB of RAM is not enough for today, but I think it is not. Max download RAM for graphics monitoring games using MSI Afterburner I have met in Battlefield 4, where he achieved the download is 7.2 GB of RAM (sort of) and this is with the system, all other games eat the smaller operatives. Generally 8s is yet to grab games without f.p..

b
bestia 22.07.20

MB some softinu start , curled up in an hour-the second game .. which cleans the RAM ? - Maybe game all those locations where you were holding in RAM , which would, if returned , they were unloaded .. karoch Greyhound 32 / 64 masterskih gig from might stick . And slbackup BB ..

Here testit still need to mind . For example , at full low , except resolution , and are several hours in the same place , same block , same corner , finally ... not allowing to load the remaining areas . I don't think that RAM will sagret in this case .

On weak computers because of the movements completely missing textures and nothing helps , except sticking out of place , or somewhere off the beaten track from the city )
Have to wait long for their full load , about 30 seconds ... barely moving around the city , standing at red traffic lights , for example , to eskalith then again came back , and other nonsense 8D

In General , the game is not perfect optimized . Priority , by the way , high from the very start with many , but the situation draws one long downloading tipo davisoni in them .

K
Krrrva 22.07.20

In short I have the game eats about 7400 MB of RAM, at the beginning of 4GB but the more you play the more the game eats RAM. some watched and above 6 gig not eating, some say that they have the game max uses 5 gig. Oh yeah the RAM I have 8 gig 1333mhz (steam)

e
evgen4zik 22.07.20

I 1200мб eats 4 GB

T
The Dmitry Disaire 22.07.20

Manager to watch if I'm not mistaken,Skok eats?

C
Cryptor 22.07.20

Author_Nick
you can program a overlay type msi afterburber. everything that you need can be displayed in the overlay. I live in the game seeing as I have eaten up the memory. The longer you play, the more RAM is occupied. If the paging file be made large, it is natural to fill the RAM will be slower, but then freesite start.

K
Krrrva 22.07.20

Cryptor
I just did look through afterbrurnen. the paging file is made of about 16,000 that is two times more than RAM