3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
wiruza.inbook 22.07.20 02:39 am

Memory usage (RAM) (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Happened to notice that the toy eats only 1.5-2 GB Rama, of the available 12 GB. Nowhere couldn't find settings for it, it is possible to make it a little less modest ? The game runs on ultra in FullHD and does not frieze, of the bugs only noticed that sometimes the car is literally lost because of the back. Something tells me that between these things there's a correlation... Or is it normal... ? But then why in requirements it is written that it should be at least 4GB and preferably 8GB ?
Here skrinshotik...

Oops, I didn't expect it to be so small...
Spoiler
In General I would be grateful for any help :)
177 Comments
Sort by:
u
unLimzz 22.07.20

When playing GTA Online over time (from 10 to 30 min of the game) completely clogged RAM (8Gb) and the game crashes. (Page file disabled)
When enabling/increasing the paging file the game after a while starts quite misiti, but no departures.
I heard that many GTA flying 4-6GB with no problems.
What is the reason for intensive feeding of RAM and is there any way to fix it?

s
smile437 22.07.20

The swap file small. Windwos works so that the application reserves in advance a memory. can verify this in task Manager(I do not know as in other systems) to 10 wines go to performance, memory, memory structure, if you hover there you'll see: occupied, altered, reserved and free. So that's what is reserved is in fact already occupied or will be occupied(the Other processes will not be able to grab from there), and lag because the game puts some files on the disk and does not have time to communicate with the memory. I have 12GB if you turn off the paging file then I get the warning message about lack of memory. The paging file is put on the choice of the system and all should be approx.

C
Cryptor 22.07.20

unLimzz
YES I have the same. Somewhere 1-2 hours of the game almost all clogged memory (8 GB) and the game then crash. I am from this, even thinking what would make a 16 GB of RAM. And while during the game, glancing at the overlay which shows me how many MB of memory in use. When the levels reach somewhere up to 7200 MB of employment, I saved and peresypaju in the game. Before the game, closing all apps including the browser, which would release as many operatives for the game in order to increase the time of continuous play. I only play in single and multiplayer, but the essence is the same. File paging is not an option to put him friezes appear immediately when you drive around the city.

L
Lex Slim 22.07.20

Try disabling the superfetch service

u
unLimzz 22.07.20

smile437
If you put the paging file on the system, then after 10 min the wild freezes in the game

Cryptor
I solo all went without a paging file and a bug flew 2-3 times, but was like a warning of low memory and the game does not work blank screen.

Lex Slim
Thanks, I'll try

t
t830x 22.07.20

Buy SSD and put him the game, I have 8GB physical, and the same virtual memory + SSD = can play for hours without freezes

u
unLimzz 22.07.20

Now played 2 hours online off the superfetch service and there were no departures (File podaci disabled)
I'm very impressed on

R
RenFex 22.07.20

The people, help to solve the problem of leaking memory in GTA 5(steam)
Laptop: i7 4700HQ GTX760m, 8gb RAM, SSD, Windows 8(official)
In city driving, the RAM is constantly somewhere at the beginning of the game free of 4.3 GB for 20-25 minutes of the game is somewhere near 1.7 GB (the monitor program PlayClaw), then the game crashes and frieze. RAM uses 1.2 GB out of 2GB. Have tried anything with the paging file, I tried to close all apps in the tray, virus free 100% no, the update on Windows and all the components are. Spoke to tech support Rockstar, there's only garbage was advised and nothing helped. The only problem is GTA 5, no other game has no such problems...
And does it make sense to upgrade Windows 8 to 8.1, at least theoretically, can help?

F
FFFREDDD 22.07.20

URGENTLY upgrade to 8.1. It has long been said about crappy performance on 8-ke, 8.1 in better times.

v
v_Sledgehammer_v 22.07.20

RenFex
I have 8.1 through 20/30 minutes of the game drawdowns also begin. Sometimes up to 40 minutes. Not much, but is the place to be.

s
serj163 22.07.20

RenFex
and maybe put a tenner? then you can disable the utility all the surveillance!

R
RenFex 22.07.20

v_Sledgehammer_v
You have the subsidence in the fps, or also a problem in RAM?

serj163
It is likely that will help? Of RAM is a lot more than 8ka???

s
serj163 22.07.20

RenFex
well, you never know...

S
Sprintin 22.07.20

laptop and that's it.

C
Cryptor 22.07.20

RenFex
I also have somewhere in the 1.5 - 2 hours of active game memory starts to run out. I just saved and peresypaju when memory is hammered somewhere in 7200мб. When the memory is getting clogged somewhere in 7500мб, in the game there are glitches from the beginning, and then crashes. Glitches such lacausa textures and the inability to get the mobile phone. He just doesn't open.

I think it is a feature of the game engine during the game when you travel around the city with drive actively read the data, textures and etc. And all this as the duration of gameplay puts the RAM, but the release of her during gameplay, the game can not. The only way out I see is to add RAM, that would not say 8 and 16 GB was. Then the continuous time of gameplay will increase in 2 times at least.

Settings I also almost maximum, textures on max. Video memory I have only 2GB and the game with such settings pishit that should be at least 2888мб VideoMate.

R
RenFex 22.07.20

Sprintin
Laptop, and? I have performance issues in the game, 60 fps on minimal is, and this problem occurs not only on laptops.

p
pihken 22.07.20

on Win 7 all the rules, 12 GB of RAM

T
The Dmitry Disaire 22.07.20

try top ten)

v
v_Sledgehammer_v 22.07.20

RenFex
And you take during the game, all of the free RAM than that, see what happens. And by the way, maybe the problem is just that the laptop. Possible. Try lowering razreshenie for example to 800 by 600 and will see then how it will.

R
RenFex 22.07.20

Cryptor
Well, the settings I tried below to put whatever will fit into 2 GB of video memory?

v_Sledgehammer_v
Tried it, only the picture is reduced in size and a thick black border is present. On the pirates before the licence also tried to reduce the resolution to HD, but only fps doubled up, and the problem remained.