3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fishgrinder 27.09.20 09:00 pm

Impressions of the game (Ghost of Tsushima)

Gentlemen, share your impressions, who played?

How is the quality? Is it worth buying the game at the start or is it better to wait for discounts?

Please don't spoilers of the plot!
65 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 05.08.21

Passed on PS4. 100%.

Latest AAA PS4 exclusive and latest game from Sucker Punch Productions. I did not follow the game at all, I had no idea what the creators of Infamous could collect in the medieval Japanese setting.
But if I watched, I would not play, because again the marker simulator. This unhealthy tendency is already starting to infuriate. We create basic gameplay "for everyone", open world according to a template and smear it all with the thinnest layer for 60 hours. If there was a game for 20, it would be a masterpiece. And so, alas.
Almost all ideas are not finished. The combat is working, interesting, it is pleasant to cut down hordes of Mongols. But, in fact, everything is too simple. Four different stances (one for each type of enemy) are needed just so that the player does not fall asleep, like the types of weapons in Wolfenstein Youngblood. Stealth is the simplest, it's stupid that it makes no sense, except that sometimes you can get a little extra experience for fulfilling special conditions when capturing a camp. Another wacky trend that's in Spider-Man with its challenges, that's here. What kind of gods are whispering these special conditions in the ears of the heroes and why does this affect the experience? That I will hack five into the open, that from the grass - the result is one. This design impotence cannot force the player to use all game mechanics, this is a signature under his own ineptitude, which the largest developers have long ceased to be ashamed of. In the beginning, there are interesting quests, well, as "interesting", just quests in which not everything is not reduced to "reached point B, beat the Mongols." But the further, the fewer of them, in the last third there is complete darkness. There are a lot of markers, the game is trying its best not to let you get bored, you cannot ride a hundred meters on a horse without leaning against the Mongols or a point on the map. However, they are all the same. It all comes down to running from point to point and beating the Mongols. By the way, abandoning the mini-map is an interesting decision, but, again, poorly thought out, you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was focused on using two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana. well, as "interesting", just quests in which not everything is not reduced to "reached point B, beat the Mongols." But the further, the fewer of them, in the last third there is complete darkness. There are a lot of markers, the game is trying its best not to let you get bored, you cannot ride a hundred meters on a horse without leaning against the Mongols or a point on the map. However, they are all the same. It all comes down to running from point to point and beating the Mongols. By the way, abandoning the mini-map is an interesting decision, but, again, poorly thought out, you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was focused on using two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana. well, as "interesting", just quests in which not everything is not reduced to "reached point B, beat the Mongols." But the further, the fewer of them, in the last third there is complete darkness. There are a lot of markers, the game is trying its best not to let you get bored, you cannot ride a hundred meters on a horse without leaning against the Mongols or a point on the map. However, they are all the same. It all comes down to running from point to point and beating the Mongols. By the way, abandoning the mini-map is an interesting decision, but, again, poorly thought out, you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was focused on using two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana. the game is trying its best not to let you get bored, you cannot ride a hundred meters on a horse without leaning against the Mongols or a point on the map. However, they are all the same. It all comes down to running from point to point and beating the Mongols. By the way, abandoning the mini-map is an interesting decision, but, again, poorly thought out, you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was focused on using two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana. the game is trying its best not to let you get bored, you cannot ride a hundred meters on a horse without leaning against the Mongols or a point on the map. However, they are all the same. It all comes down to running from point to point and beating the Mongols. By the way, abandoning the mini-map is an interesting decision, but, again, poorly thought out, you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was focused on using two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana. you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was guided by the use of two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana. you just have to open the map every minute, as if this game was guided by the use of two screens. There is a lot of equipment, but everything is very faded and does not add variety to the gameplay. Cosmetics are pointless, it would be better if they gave the opportunity to use something other than a katana.
The plot is good when it is good. Some moments worked well. The theme song about the break between the samurai code and the island's salvation works. The authors did a good job on the presentation of medieval Japan, although in general everything is very superficial, except for bandits, samurai who went and poor peasants, there is nothing.
The graphics are good, but the game abuses the technical soap - everything becomes cloudy in motion. The views and design of the locations are very authentic and beautiful.

Ghost of Tsushima reminds me of Horizon Zero Dawn. Extremely bland AAA-openworld, with all the checkmarks from people who were very afraid of risk. Interestingly only the first 15 hours, further boredom, the game can be played with half an eye.
Spoiler

L
Lucius_Dark666 31.08.21

Personally, I like the game, but there is a minus, the director's version in general should be a maximum of 2000, and not 5000 per ps5

P
Pahant0Ss 29.11.21

played 40 hours in the ps5 edition. cleared 2 locations out of three and went to Iki. the first 15 hours it was interesting, the game is very beautiful. I liked the pumping possibilities - samurai stands, additional devices such as kunai, bombs, etc. the game forces you to use its combat capabilities to more effectively eliminate different types of enemies. Considering that we have an ordinary person here and not a magician with a bunch of magic, spells, etc., there are a lot of pumping and opportunities. and now approaching 40 hours, I realized that this cleaning of questions on the map and the execution of secondary quests in the style of "husband / son / wife kidnapped - PAMAGITI", "kill the Mongols there, kill the bandits here" is already fed up. what does not get boring is the beauty of the local world on a big iced TV, for so many hours of playing, I still sometimes just stop and enjoy the local beauty of Tsushima. I am glad that the downloads are instant. direct solution for lovers of map sweeps with fast movement from anywhere. all the same, such games for me are the scourge of modern game development. artificial inflation of playing time due to painfully similar tasks and activities, interrupted by a plot in the style of "kill them all", "help some character to kill them all" and rare and really interesting missions to reveal characters, their stories and personal tragedies, flashbacks of the protagonist to his past, not related to the invasion of the Mongols. did not play any assassins after the second part, but the ghost of tsushima, as I understand it, is an assassin without donation in medieval Japan. I will single out the absence of a dismemberment in the 18+ game with the use of a samurai sword, and ... I decided that this was Sonya's censorship, until at the fortieth hour of the game the hero chopped off the head of the Mongolian leader according to the plot. Don't get me wrong, I’m not that I’m a fan of blood on the screen, but it just looks dumb when the hero in slowmo cuts the enemy with a sharp movement through the whole body, but nothing happens except the animation of blood and the fall of the enemy to the ground. it could have been realized at least as in The Witcher 3, it would have looked more harmonious and believable. In general, the game is not a slag, but I would not want it on a PC, like many people, there is nothing like that in it for players like me. if you are more fond of games with a corridor passage (new guards, or some of us, for example) or with a pseudo-open world (metro exodus),

I
Iluxa_Logan 11.04.22

Ben121212
But, the swallow is still not an open world. There is a different gameplay. And here there are more opportunities because the game is open world (I don’t say anything about Lastukha 2, this is generally one of the best games in my opinion)

K
KrayZeR10051991 05.05.22

Here I read the comments of the players and understand: no matter what the game with the coolest gameplay and gorgeous graphics is, still among 99 percent of the players there is a person who crap the game. You will NEVER please everyone!

Personally, I really liked the game! The plot is very interesting, the combat system is excellent, the fights are exciting in the spirit of the Japanese theme, the controls are chic. Many different ways to kill enemies: you can play like a real samurai, challenging them to battle. Or you can act stealthily like a ninja, eliminating everyone one at a time or making a quick triple kill. It is possible to use throwing weapons (kunai, sticky bombs, smoke bombs, conventional bombs), there are devices that distract enemies: bells, firecrackers. There is also a ranged bow: 2 bows - short and long, allowing you to shoot different arrows. I really liked the use of a blowpipe with poison darts, and there is a dart with a hallucinogen. I love to use it on the Mongols with heavy weapons, they go into a rage and start attacking their own.

The game provides the opportunity to explore the island with various locations (explore shrines, compose haiku, play the flute, capture the territories of enemies) The character upgrade is done perfectly, you upgrade not only skills, but also weapons and equipment). I also liked that in the game you not only cut everyone and everything, but also study the history of the Mongol-Tatar warriors (read descriptions of artifacts and records). The music is great, everything is in the spirit of the Japanese theme. Tasks main and side. In some tasks they give you allies, you fight not alone. Lots of bosses to fight. Basically everything I wanted to say.

There are also disadvantages in the game:
1) I wanted the corpses of enemies to be dragged and hidden in the bushes.
There is a very unpleasant situation when half of the enemies are mowed down and some enemy finds a corpse and raises the alarm, taking out his sound horn, as a result of which the enemies quickly run towards the alarm .

My score: 9.5 points out of ten. If you are a Japanese art lover, then this game is for you! The game itself is expensive, but trust me, it's worth it. In general, I definitely recommend buying