3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex9663 10.12.20 05:59 pm

Will Amd Phenom be pulled? (Cyberpunk 2077)

Will Cyberpunk 2077 pull on the pros without sse4.1, sse4.2, AVX?
103 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ruslan Rudakov 13.12.20

I put exe fix avx on 1.03 build but the game still didn't start (phenom 2,955)

M
Meniuris 13.12.20

Ruslan Rudakov
This fix won't help us. There's still SSE 4.1/4.2 instructions required. We have to fix them. Can someone do it.

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.12.20

Zorianin
If you're not a gambler, what are you here to forget?

Z
Zorianin 13.12.20

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
If you're not a gamble, what are you forgetting?
It's more like you've forgotten, you don't have a hairdryer, is it?

H
HOMELANDER 13.12.20

Meniuris
Do you need SSE 4.1 instructions, too?

Z
Zorianin 13.12.20

HOMELANDER wrote:
Do you need SSE 4.1 instructions, too?
Naturally

M
Meniuris 13.12.20

HOMELANDER
To be honest with no idea. But I think we do. I haven't seen a game that only requires 4.2 games.

H
HOMELANDER 13.12.20

Meniuris
If I knew anything else)

H
HOMELANDER 13.12.20

Zorianin
Grief is one thing with them.

A
AndrewSomeOne 13.12.20

On the technical side - for the fix DDR2 had to rewrite, in fact, 3 instructions out of about 5. In cyberpunk instructions are already under ten, and it is unclear how much it takes for the game to start (most likely also about 3, but some functionality will fall off). The first instruction from which the game falls is dpps:
https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/IntrinsicsGuide/#text=_mm_dp_ps&expand=2184

It is associated with the multiplication of the matrix (not sure, but similar to that). If there is someone who will be able to cut down the same algorithm for, conditionally, registers mm0 and hmm1, without using this instruction (on assemblage of course), then this will be a good start, as this instruction is called about 1,700 times.

AVX will certainly be fixed in the nearest patches, but about SSE is still not so unambiguous, and it is not clear how much to wait. In the end, we, the phenomers (without sce 4.1 and 4.2), remained only 2%, among those playing cyberpunk even less, so it is possible that we will be knocked over, because if AVX most likely does not give an increase, then SSE 4.1 is likely to add something yes adds

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.12.20

Zorianin
zorianin wrote:
It's more like you've forgotten, you don't have a hairdryer, is it?
I've been playing amD since 2007, starting with Athlon 64 x2 4400.At Phenom played from 2011 to 2019.Do I know what he is? Or in THE AC4 during ship battles? or did he pull Crysis 1 perfectly at the very end?
I can fill the screens.
I see you don't care about games that you're even willing to buy a license to play 30 frames in 13666 x768?

HOMELANDER
HOMELANDER wrote:
Grief is one thing with them.
Because they can't drag.

M
MunchkiN 616 17.12.20

They will be allowed if on phenomenon 2 they may have overclocked 6t and they will play and the rest will have the achievement "stable 20fps in Novograd" pitch-pitch

O
Overseer618 17.12.20

I have x6 1100T, today I installed RDR2 with a fix, on my RX 580 with a bunch of ultra settings and partly high-medium it gives out 30-60 fps, it's generally okay to play.

If the optimization for cyberpunk is brought up, I think it will be possible to pull out 60 FPS at minimum salaries. MAYBE even on average, depends on optimization, which, unfortunately, they are not able to do.

Regarding the instructions - at the moment you need both SSE 4. * and AVX, and if you can manually patch from AVX, causing incomprehensible consequences, then SSE patches need to wait.

L
LeoCastro 17.12.20

Zorianin
Give me a link to the Horizon fix in HP, otherwise I can't find something

A
Alexandroou 17.12.20

Does anyone even fumble about what function AVX and SSE do? Craftsmen cut and the game works without these instructions

B
Bogdan Mastdaev 17.12.20

Version 1.04 GOG
Processor Phenom II x4 925
I was able to start using the SSE 4.1 - 4.2 emulator, but it is not playable. The video card does not load properly.

Those. the answer to the question whether it is possible to run on a phenomenon: yes, you can.

I thought to Lizzie's bar was preserved at the entrance there were no departures. AVX fix did not use, because. with him a black screen in the game, only thin is visible.

y
yarsir 17.12.20

Commander Zorianin thank you for the fixes, horaisen has not yet set, set rdr2, set everything to ultra in fullHD and was surprised by 30-60 codres with an even frame rate without the slightest friezes. Prots Fen X6 1100T is loaded 50-68%, operas are 16GB, the RX580 card with 8GB of memory is loaded at 100%, video memory eats about 6GB.
And most importantly, these are all fairy tales and lies :)

Z
Zorianin 17.12.20

Who has a hairdryer and version 1.03, check this fix (the author claims that he only works with 1.03): (link to the fix in the description). I already have version 1.04, I can't check it, but it doesn't work on 1.04.

F
FEAR89 17.12.20

does not plow it

Z
Zorianin 17.12.20

FEAR89
understandable