3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KaraTimy 20.12.20 05:47 am

Daedric Princes. Discussion (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Why are there only 14 Daedric princes in Skyrim (there were 15 in Oblivion), although according to the idea there should be 16?
128 Comments
Sort by:
A
AlexChaman 20.12.20

LaisT
More on Destruction of the Nocturnal Plan by Dagon
According to some sources, it was Mehrunes Dagon who helped Jagar Tharn to overthrow and take the throne of Emperor Uriel Septim, probably in anticipation of the rule of Tharn, which brought only chaos and wars and strife. Also, during the reign of Tharn (Imperial Simulacrum), according to his treaty with the Prince of Destruction, Mehrunes Dagon attacked the Battlespire, the stronghold and training ground of the Empire's battle mages. Tarn needed to destroy the battle mages so that they did not interfere while he occupied the throne of Uriel VII. But the Prince of Destruction had his own secret goal - he wanted to invade Tamriel. Since the Prince and his army could not cross the boundaries of realities directly, he had to conquer and use the inter-world "pockets", and the Battlespire would become the last gateway before entering the world of Tamriel. One of the dimensions Dagon conquered was Shadow Danger, adjacent to the domain of the Daedric Princess Nocturnal. Two of Nocturnal's lieutenants, Jasiel Morgan and Deinira Katrice, were badly damaged during Lord Dagon's invasion. And although Battlespire himself fell before the hordes of Daedra, the unknown hero, with the help of the already named lieutenants Nocturnal and a group of Dremoras led by Imago Storm, was able to expel Dagon to Oblivion. For this purpose, the hero of Battlespire used the protonymic and neonymic given to him by the Imago Storm, and then struck the Prince of Destruction with the MoonRiver sword. This sword is an artifact of immense power and was created from the essence of Dagon himself. By being struck by this sword, anchored like this, the link with the mortal world was broken and the Prince of Destruction was banished back to his Oblivion. The Battlespire itself was completely destroyed following the expulsion of Mehrunes Dagon. This happened because
PS: Strong Moon River artifact. Maybe we'll see him again in the TES world. It is worth noting that this story does not make Mehrun weaker because of the loss, because he lost to his forces, they hit with the same technique as he hits. Perhaps the most powerful artifact, or the deadliest. Let Dagon often climb out and often retreat back into oblivion. He has the right to be considered the most powerful Prince of Daedra. After all, he is the Lord of Destruction and is most afraid of him. But I still put more on Boethu. It is more powerful. From her feces, Daedra was able to create - Malacata. It is terrible to imagine if he decides to create so .. to give birth or to empower. And Malacath Daedra is not the last force. By the way, Nerevar is the son of Boeth, and this lad had many Daedra, and Almekisia, who was the goddess of the tribunal, her daughter.
Sashashot
When was it Azura who ruled over the souls of the PRints of Daedra? Oh-oh-oh ...
There was no such thing in history. All Princes, after their death, are sent into oblivion, after which they are reborn in their former form.

H
Hallamehtar 20.12.20

As far as I remember, Jigallag was the most dangerous for others before his capture in the guise of Sheogarat. It is a pity that the dls of Oblivion associated with its release had no effect on the events of tp5. I would love to see the Knights of Order again

M
Moriatri 20.12.20

Mephala. Something tells me - she is the one that weaves the fate of mortals and immortals, which means outside the categories, IMHO

A
AlexChaman 20.12.20

Hallamehtar Jigallag
until his capture was Jigallag, and before that Anu himself. The first god. But he was reborn as Prince Daedra.
Moriatri O_O
. And where is it said that she weaves the fate of the immortal? I know a lot about the history of TES. I have never met such a thing, except with mortals.

s
stHarty 20.12.20

Naktyurnal one hundred pounds, as for me)

R
Red_wizard 20.12.20

Learn Backing! Aedra and Daedra are the divine essences of Et'Ada. The former can create matter, the latter change. Divine honors were given to all of them, just eight of the aedra were made by the state religion of the Empire based on the human and Merian religions. Talos was added later after the death of the ruler of the empire (compare with the cult of Octavian Augustus in ancient Rome). He is a divine entity, otherwise the altars would not work. The question of whether he is aedra is open. But! We saw a case when a mortal becomes a Daedra - the hero of Cyrodiil became Sheogorath, taking the domain of madness from Jyggalag freed from the curse. Now let's turn our attention to what Talos' realm is - war! If the other eight are creative entities, then this cannot be said about Talos. From all this it follows that Talos is a Daedra! Hence, worshiping Talos offends the elves, not because he was human, but because he is a Daedra, "not our ancestor." (although among Dunmer worship of Daedra is the norm, it is the Thalmor (Altmer and Bosmer) who oppose the cult). Note that, say, the cult of Namira or Dagon is also considered illegal. I believe that the ban on worship is fully justified, and the Talosites will become another Daedric cult in the future.

R
Real banzay 20.12.20

But still there is a difference between Deveti and Daedra, and Tiber Septim became a deity. And in Oble it is said. Consequently, there are nine gods themselves, and the rest are something like become gods.

M
Migg 20.12.20

In principle, who is really the Aedra and who is the Daedra is a somewhat subjective question.
And it depends on whose views are considered.
The same Azura in the empire is a Daedra, but for the Dunmer and Khajiit it is not.
Or here are the orcs and Malacath. Hee-hicks his story is impressive: "... Trinimac was et'Ada ... Boethus swallowed Trinimac and expelled it in the form of feces, and when he came out of them, he looked like an orc (orcimer). Together with him, his people."

As for mortality, mortality or immortality is not yet a condition for being or not being an Aedra.
By the way, here is an explanation of what the Aedra is:

"Like the Daedra, the Aedra are et'Ada, the powerful beings who first settled Mundus. According to the book" Anuad with commentaries ", both were created during the battle of two primary and opposite entities: Anu and Padomaia. They fought among themselves and both were fatally injured. Daedra occurred Padomay from the blood, while Anu blood turned into stars. Mixed blood of Darkness (Padomay) and Light (ANU) has become a Aedra.
But, as a result of the creation of the material mortal plan Nirn, they strongly weakened, giving up parts of themselves. The Aedra became mortal, and some disappeared. Only a few were able to become gods. Followers of the Imperial Cult of the Nine Deities worship precisely these Aedra. "

R
Red_wizard 20.12.20

"In principle, who is the Aedra and who is the Daedra is a somewhat subjective question."

There is a definition - "The Aedra created the mortal world and are connected with the Bones of the Earth. Daedra cannot create, but have the power to change." Source - "Aedra and Daedra" (http://tes.ag.ru/mw/mwbooks/b_aedra_and_daedra.shtml).

Nowhere is it said that only eight became gods. The same Nords have cults of other gods.

M
Migg 20.12.20

Red_wizard
Well, this is not my idea, these are quotes. In general, most of the Aedra became mortal:

"But, as a result of the creation of the material mortal plane, Nirn, they were greatly weakened, giving away parts of themselves. The Aedra became mortals, and some disappeared. Only a few were able to become gods. Followers of the Imperial Cult of the Nine Deities worship precisely this. Aedra "

Well, again Malacath was originally the Aedra of Trinimac, and now he is the prince of the Daedra. Although from the point of view of the orcs, the question is probably a moot point, huh?

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 20.12.20

In general, most of the aedra

Everything.

Well, again, Malacat was originally an Aedra Trinimac,

Trinimac was not an Aedra :)

M
Migg 20.12.20

Z4b3o8v7p
Trinimac is clearly named in the sources et'Ada - an Aedra born from the mixed blood of Darkness (Padomai) and Light (Anu). Trinimac is the strongest ancestor of the Dawn Era Altmeri. Unlike others, the Aedra chose to become mortals and travel the mortal world.

So it is absolutely specified everywhere that Trinimac was an Aedra. However, he was defeated by the Daedra Boethus and absorbed by him. Boeth changed Trinimac, turning the Daedra of Malacat into a prince, along with him all the peoples spawned by him (Trinimac) changed, turning into Orsimers, that is, orcs.

F
Fobos13 20.12.20

Trinimak is clearly named in the sources et'Ada - an Aedra born from the mixed blood of Darkness (Padomai) and Light (Anu).

Daedra also belong to etad.
With Trinimac, the question is generally not straightforward. Either he was an Aedra, embodied in a measure, or he was originally a measure.

D
Draugvat 20.12.20

In this thread, I would like to know - which Daedric gods do you worship, which ones to find, and of course who is your favorite?

I have already seen many Daedra and I can safely say that my favorite Daedra is Mehrunes Dagon. Since I visit his sanctuary for hearts) well, but I met such Daedra - Hircine, Namir, Noctual, Azura, Molag Bal, Boethiah, and I dream of finding Sheogorath.

D
Draugvat 20.12.20

forgot Mephala, Meridia and Sanguine

J
Johnny gat 20.12.20

Mehrunes Dagon, Malacat, Sheogorath

i
ironHAMMER.ms 20.12.20

Draugwat
I worship Talos, and so. And I will lay on you for the guards of Stendarr;)

D
Death 2012 20.12.20

I liked Nocturnal most of all.
And on the topic I do not worship anyone, I believe in myself and my skill.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 20.12.20

Draugwat Stormcloaks Flyer
:
Don't you believe in Talos and the Divine Bucket yet? Then we go to you!

h
hamingu 20.12.20

ironHAMMER.ms
+1. Chotko! But don't forget about Badier and Kazan!