3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 28.10.19 07:21 am

Nvidia vs AMD (ATI) v.27

We continue to discuss the confrontation between Nvidia cards and AMD.

Flood moderation and without abuse.
165 Comments
Sort by:
S
SUSUL1 28.10.19

The people, and the Fury series from AMD limited that it came out?

K
Kosh13 28.10.19

SUSUL1
Artificially limited. To raise the hype around the cards.

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 28.10.19

Immediately say, that all of the following is the net IMHO based on my own observations and insights more than the first ten years. Please accept and accept. Can't accept your problems.
Briefly, my acquaintance with kartlisa all his time to communicate with a PC replaced about 14 cards (since 2010 on multiple PC's), both manufacturers. From 2003 to 2005 was a fierce supporter of nvidia, I had what I had the nvidia 4, I like how they work and how they work. In 2005 I decided to try even while ATI Radeon 9550, because of the available NVIDIA then a little that was on the market, it's very expensive... But I wanted to get a good growth and Shader 2.0.
Overall then acquaintance with Radiancy was held in warm tones, it is well pursued, not warmed and maintained at that time all games. Then I climbed on Radeon R300 already on the laptop. Sat with her until 2010... Pleased overall with everything. There was only one drawback - it driver. For those who are screeming that now all the bad AMD drivers - get somewhere card from the X1xxx series, and put it on the driver commercials of the year 2008-2010 - all your doubts about the current drivers will disappear.
Being terrified of the drivers of the time in 2010 when you build a new PC again I decided to try the nVidia camp. Watching the year before, how does the 9800 GT did not hesitate took her (alternatives especially and was not). But... it burnt down six months later action, for no reason, after updating the drivers. Worked for them for about a day. It's funny, but, well, I think: it happens to everyone, no luck.... Bought a GTS 450, and sat on it until the spring of 2015! Enough after all...
But here, too, there are two unpleasant moment. First, in 2014 I decided to put a GTX 260 in a couple of days to see how she is. And, Oh damn, I foolishly put a new driver... And what do you think? This burned out after four days! Here already smacks of something unhealthy... and seeing as the GTS 450 is slower performance with the new drivers - forbade her to date. Like while still alive, the other works...

Now in the spring of 2015, I found myself again sitting on the Radeon, on the R9 285. Past problems with drivers anymore, seriously. Increased productivity, missing all sorts of fun with flickering textures and other things. Map started to work better in photoshop. It is good to compare a train with a spaceship! - You might say. However, I have seen how they work and the top of NVIDIA. I really smiled as the 780 Ti after the updated driver is now at parity with 285. It is impossible in any way! However, we argue that it is the norm...

From all this I made for myself two simple conclusions:
1) NVidia very rapidly ceased to be my favorite company. All these manipulations with drivers and sudden combustion of a perfectly healthy card... I eventually got tired of it. I pay a lot of money for map not for the sake of it then went through 3-4 years! Or that she at least didn't cut the performance.
For all the time use of 14 cards, I have burned four - 3 of NVIDIA, and one Radeon (but it continues to work! Puts the driver, starts the game, Windu... let the cubes on the screen, but plows! While the burnt NVIDIA or bsoded, or do not post passes). I doubt that the case in my claws, because the cards do not move in these moments, not pursued, no modifications to them were not carried out... But deliver their drivers once a month, it is not clear what is doing and why. Specifically checked - for old revisions, bugs in new games was not. New - the eye of no changes, the latest game went to 2-3 shot better, but all the rest fell off about 5-6 frames.
2) AMD is slowly getting rid of childhood diseases back then ATI. Yes, let the driver in and out once a year and a half, but... I see changes! In the newest 15.8, the problem disappeared with the drawdowns on my 285ой, and identify the bro began to work much faster and more stable (before that, it was fun with textures in games like Anno 2070). So - let the driver come out rarely, but efficiently.
And from a technical point of view, Radeon matured since our last date with them.
So - I'll sit on Radeon. In six years of observing a pair of R9 270, problems have been reported.

s
seffko 28.10.19

right now would be to discuss on the forum in 2008, the buzz (not)

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.19

in 2010, when assembling a new PC ... 9800 GT, without hesitation took her
in 2014 I decided to put a GTX 260 in a couple of days to see how it
I pay a lot of money for map not for the sake of it then went through 3-4 years!
got this rukalitso
so I have like all the cards like when it recently worked. including 285 which I used in dispersed wildly unstable as accelerator physics. explosions cards, it's someone as lucky.
before the drivers had AMD the trouble which prevented me to log in catalyst but the settings could be changed, and without going into it. and the problems don't remember.
the only map that I messed up this was monitored by PWM spirovski 3870 Radeon. but I ruined it quite clear acceleration pitch their hands.

T

MunchkiN 616
got this rukalitso
NVIDIA more Amdsec, I do not know as in Russia, we have just that. Huang saws price sometimes 1.5 times higher than AMD. Yes, and at that moment I was not yet ready to throw over 2K UAH for vidyahu.

L
Lisstoman 28.10.19

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
It was during the 200 series, and now the series fury/furyX are the same with the 980/980ti

K
Kosh13 28.10.19

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
Video simply so do not burn. Especially as often and in such numbers. I'd checked the pci x 16.

T

Kosh13
Motherboard changed, you still have time. Has no meaning.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.19

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
I'm just stating what cards were profoundly irrelevant. well there in 2010 was the transition to the dh11 and the choice of cards was questionable under them. it was possible to sit on the 9800. and in 2014 260. it is that nothing went to and then for Igor it was not relevant.
I bought for 4 Grand (don't know how much it is in USD) 650ти2гб, which severely punished 285 and even the mighty 4870х2. there is only skyrise it seems a little faster was. (then I'm really in the media pitch shoved 690 because metro ll was 10fps) since then I have revised some related to modern fishing end. in particular, under low resolution, they are quite capable. and all sorts ducive dinosaurs remain in the past.

T

MunchkiN 616
260ая gift I got from my brother, but it was bought in 2009 for a large sum of money. Its certainly worked, but I still wish... That the NVIDIA 4 are still alive, although in a wall throw. with:

650ти2гб, which severely punished 285
It is quite impossible now because even 760ую 285 rolls in more than half of cases... unless you crazily dispersed.
Although this could be because only 285 with the newest drivers, ran at full speed. This was absolutely stupid subsidence because the power saving mode was included anywhere.

I always sat on the fast-middle-class, because they do not see the point in fancy Duccio, etc. and fishing end even for me it would be enough. For my games and drawing middle enough to change every 3-4 years. Now here is likely to identify blinded (food allow), and so to 2020го. :D

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.19

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
I played just caus 2. there was much water. I already had spark 4870х2 + 285 under fiziks. so. Parliament where the water did not want to work and I was prilos to put on nvidii. at the maximum sample driver W a AO game progadala to 20фпс while 650ти quite calmly it suffered in 30фпс regardless of smoothing. another game was sans ditch 3. there as 4870х2 and 285 mess. I don't have enough to max dh9 settings. and what's funny - I used the highest quality profile from 690.
next, I was in ризен2 on Radeon 4870х2 it was barely playable despite the cross. with the mod he was reshitelno not playable. 650ти again pulled but in some places, however, were given drawdown.
and so indeed every game I took everywhere approximately identical picture. the only thing I was interested to test is the Witcher 2. maybe there Radeon rested in 15 frames at full resolution. 690 respectively rested on the processor 30-60fps.

T

MunchkiN 616
So, after reading about Saints row 3, I realized that you did something wrong... I just yesterday played in 1920x1080 with all settings and antialiasing x2 - not less than 100 frames... there was a drawdown of up to 44 during the broads of the aircraft. So you explicitly test 285 is not as it should be.... And I even know why: you have closed it to identify with Duccio? So do you...?

E
Evil Storm 28.10.19

Radeon and only he! che is there to argue? Vidia lol

I
IzeNik 28.10.19

Sitting at 770. In 2013 were bought for 13 kilorubley. Everyone is happy.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.19

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
cross fire runs as a separate map 285 accelerates your monitor. formally to run the game on a different map you had to run it on 2m (connection) monitor.
not to be unfounded I play on the same computer with 690+285. there of course is below 60, never dropped. and due to the limitation of the chipset itself sly was not possible to work in each Express. so 285 so all my life and stood like fiziks appendage. I'm just a big fan of bend card ultra quality.

T

MunchkiN 616
Yeah, I mean I can be friends with each other 285ую and 270ую (physics)? Or not to suffer garbage, and will be better cross-fire of the last two?

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.19

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
can try if you have a spare card from 8800гт
Gayda too. even somewhere on the pancreas in the subject graphics card.
it is not only true for the cards above 4хх toli toli 5xx. and, in General, are out of date TK games a little.

T

MunchkiN 616
I was referring to the Radeon R9 285 and Radeon R9 270. c: And also, I about them wrote. Just like we're talking about completely different maps. I'm not talking about GTX 285. :D
I'm not going to connect the GTX 2xx since it is already out of date.
Just have 285's radiance - basmasovo identify and 270 - bridge. How to be? Digest whether the software via PCI-E?

s
seffko 28.10.19

but couch drove overclockers