3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Praetorian 24.12.20 01:35 am

Family tree (Rome: Total War)

Does anyone know what criteria are used to select candidates for adoption?
A couple of times it happened that my captains were accepted as family members "for military merit." I wonder if it is possible to pump the captains so specially?

Bribed generals immediately join your clan, once such a traitor was adopted by the leader of the faction, who had no heirs, and this "adopted" soon became king!
An interesting system ...

Who else has some interesting family tricks - write here.

176 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bjs 24.12.20

I already wrote. The children did not want to give birth until dad dies. And dad, a hardy horseradish, lived to 79. :)

B
BELIC 24.12.20

And once my chapter lived up to the age of 98.

D
Dimon.53 24.12.20

The enemy attacked my army, a battle took place.
My army was led into battle by a captain whose name is, for example, Kolya. I won the battle.
And the next move I received a message that a certain Kolya, a garrison commander, was wooing my daughter :) I

already twice drew attention to such a thing ...
It seems that the freaks who have chosen your daughters are those brave captains who battle your victorious legions.

P
Praetorian 24.12.20

Several times I got a message entitled "Man of the Hour", meaning that the commander of the garrison of city N wants to become a general (in the city in which he appeared, there were no other family members at all). Why did a little-known garrison commander start applying for clan membership? Maybe there is some kind of logic or system here?

Note: the city was located far in the rear, so the garrison commander could not distinguish himself in any even the most seedy battle.

O
Ottar 24.12.20

Everything here is random, in my opinion. As in life.
In Shogun, the dynastic characters were completely historical. For example, Oda Nobunaga was actually born in 1534. And he was born in the game when it should be. :)

G
Germanicus 24.12.20

And then the reform of Mary in 232 BC, and Mary even then was not in sight. His first reformed legions were formed in 105. BC, just before his first consulate, and the reform generally came in 104 BC.

S
Servicant 24.12.20

Yes, this early reform! Because of her triarii, I never managed to build a single squad. It's a shame!
Is it all the same where the adopted generals come from? They come - and good. The more generals, the better.
Is it really true that nobili can live up to 98 years old? I have only one who lived up to 71 years old, and the rest after 60 are already striving to move into a coffin for permanent residence.

G
Germanicus 24.12.20

If you want to see triarii in battle, then buy them out from a friendly Roman faction, as a rule, the computer leaves them, but the Romans are not always sold.

P
Praetorian 24.12.20

To Dimon.53
Yesterday for Skipiev I won three difficult battles in a row, using the captain (I wanted to check if he could really get engaged to one of them if he had free daughters in the family, as you wrote). I was very disappointed - the heart of the princess was won by some whip with a lack of command abilities, and my gallant captain was left with a nose. Most likely, the choice of grooms is really random.

P
Praetorian 24.12.20

What upset me most was that the portraits of generals were sometimes repeated.
Cloning is definitely not good.

b
bruno spb 24.12.20

Concerning the triarii. Swing Realism 4.1. They are recruited from the second level of the barracks!

b
bruno spb 24.12.20

About the whips. They may not be accepted into the family. On the next turn, another pretender will appear.

G
Germanicus 24.12.20

I already do not fall for this bait with fights and captains. As soon as a marriage proposal appears, it would not be bad to pay attention to the fact that the head of the garrison asks for the little daughter's hand, you can see the place where he is, this garrison, it is clear that it is not in the field, but in the city. This means that it is more profitable to sit in the garrison in the city closer to the girl's hand than in battle. Only now I haven’t figured it out yet, or rather did not pay attention, the general was present in this city, it seems not.

B
Bjs 24.12.20

The branch is about the family tree in general, so I will write not about suitors, but about robbers.
So: a gang appeared in the east of the empire: a general (25 years old), a unit of peasants and 2 units of throwers. Around 3 outposts with cops of 10-15 snouts. More or less real forces in three transitions. A diplomat was hanging around. I take on Bribe - 3600 (leader to me, gang to the fields). Expensive, I think.
Collected by the bottom of the disabled. In the battle, they beat the peasants, hurt the throwers. Then their general rode up and scattered my army like puppies. In the next turn, a detachment of throwers approached, I attached it to the remnants of the beaten cops and again into battle. Again the same parsley. At first mine pushed, then the robber hero rode up and mine could not stand it. As a result, he had 2 half-detachments of throwers left and he himself with three bodyguards. That's it, I have no more strength. The diplomat goes to Bribe again - 2030. There is nothing to do, I bought it. I see his squad is full again - 20 digs. But the most interesting thing, fucking mine, he became, Good Comander, Good Attacker and 2 more stripes of experience!
I got a good general with a full retinue, 26 years old with good characteristics and experience, cut unnecessary units, and even saved a thousand and a half on a Bribe. A trifle, but nice. :)

s
sss 24.12.20

Old boys 50-55 are wooing my beauties. I send them away. And then he became interested in the bride, looked and the beauty was already 42. I think I must agree. Now, before "sacking", I began to check to whom they were wooing. And it turned out that such daughters-in-law were not uncommon. And where to put them? :))))

P
Praetorian 24.12.20

I was also surprised at first when the 72-year-old "seasoned commander" suddenly wooed my young princess. By the way, the governor is also good. I gave my consent to the marriage.

P
Praetorian 24.12.20

Another note - the adoption of generals is observed when the daughters run out, and the growing "grand dukes" are not observed. There should be no less generals than the number of provinces (as calculated by the game so that governorship is supported everywhere), and therefore the leader recruits them wherever possible, gladly accepting dusty captains and garrison commanders into the family.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

When campaigning for a "playable" faction (Romans, Gauls, Carthage, etc.), you can sometimes INCREASE FAMILY up to three characters in 1 turn. For example: 2 sons + 1 daughter. Or 2 weddings. Or 1 wedding + 1 daughter + marriage proposal from a 16-year-old experienced (3-4 stars) garrison commander. Although more often the family increases by only 1 character. You can ensure that all your generals get married at a young age (16-20 years). And also to make sure that daughters who have reached the age of brides (12 years old) do not sit up “in girls”, and that it is not “old men” for 40 years without combat experience, but experienced, influential, young commanders who marry. For them, husbands are military generals for us. After all, a big family is a lot of generals. And there will be no need to buy foreign generals. For all this, you need to carry out each move to the maximum. For this you need:
1. Cover the longest possible distances (ie use up "movement points") by spies, ships and armies on a campaign.
"Movement points" can be tracked by the blue vertical bar in the lower right corner of the screen, which appears at the beginning of the movement of the character (army, navy).
2. Check the forts. Forts are a special story. As follows from the commentary of the game itself: "the fort is the defense of the army on the move from an unexpected attack." If your fort is located in a strategic place, for example - it closes a pass in the mountains, and you keep a garrison there - the RTW game will consider this garrison a bum when calculating the results of the move, because he did not make his move. There is only one way out - to withdraw the garrison, wander around and start it back exactly at the end of the TRAVEL POINTS. It is better to save before this, because it may not work the first time. The same applies to the fleets that close the straits and to the spies in the cities. They went out, walked and back.
3. Make the taxes as high as possible (not before the riot, of course). Although, if in a given city this move ends the construction of a temple that gives "percent of tranquility", then you can put up a red face so that at the beginning of the next move the face is already blue.
4. To avoid attacking your troops, it is better to attack yourself, when it is convenient for you and where it is convenient for you.
5. Choose from among diplomats and killers those who are on the way to carry out the most important missions, and make a move with them.
6. Save before end of turn.
For example: Julia-166-15 or Julia-166-16.
7. Finish the move, and if the results of the move do not suit you, open the save and check everything. If you find a defect, fix and save the game again (of course, under a different number-name). Finish the turn again, and if the results of the turn do not suit you again, open the last save and change or improve something. Options: you can change taxes in a city, start construction or, on the contrary, cancel it, you can make partial or full moves by secondary diplomats and killers, you can divide the army in a campaign on foot and horse, and the cavalry will travel some more distance (it will use up "points movement "). It even affects whether the character's route is assigned a couple of moves ahead.
Comp. the Rome: Total War program, when calculating the results of the move and increasing the family according to these results, usually responds positively to the priority construction of agricultural facilities: land clearing, communal farming, etc.
Personally, I save the results of the move like this:
Julia-167 + 1 son,
Julia-167 + 1wedding,
Julia-167 + 1wed + 1son,
Julia-167 + 2wed + 1daughter.
After these trials, you will have several different turn results. Choose the best one and go ahead.

P
Provocateur 24.12.20

A lot of hassle ...
Just try to recover from autosave ...

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Autosave won't help, because autosave is not the END of the previous turn, but the beginning of a NEW turn. I don't know why this is happening, maybe because of the version, I have v.1.0.0.
For example, if I finish my turn, they say a son was born. Good. Preserved. We make another try, load the end of the previous move and change some trifle.
They give out the news - 2 sons. Another attempt, we repeat this trifle in several cities. All. There are no weddings, no suitors, no sons. This means that the last option is a dead end. We return to the variant that was given by 2 sons and continue conjuring. As a result, I move on to the next turn with 2 sons and 1 wedding. I agree, there is a lot of trouble.