3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Praetorian 24.12.20 01:35 am

Family tree (Rome: Total War)

Does anyone know what criteria are used to select candidates for adoption?
A couple of times it happened that my captains were accepted as family members "for military merit." I wonder if it is possible to pump the captains so specially?

Bribed generals immediately join your clan, once such a traitor was adopted by the leader of the faction, who had no heirs, and this "adopted" soon became king!
An interesting system ...

Who else has some interesting family tricks - write here.

176 Comments
Sort by:
A
Antonio 24.12.20

How to pump the influence of a general.
There are four directions. The increase in influence occurs due to:

1. The status of the Head of the Family and the Heir of the head of the faction.
The heir to the head of the faction is chosen by the computer, it, of course, can be changed, but then the one who was deprived of this title has the property: "Forsaken"
minus -1 influence. So it's better not to change the heirs.
Head of the family (+2 influence).
Heir to the head of the family (+1 influence).

2. Obtaining a post in the Senate.
see screenshot: "My generals in the Senate leadership"
By the way, in the Senate I do not level the Leader of the faction, he already has enough influence. And if he was nevertheless elected to the Senate, I reboot the end of the turn, so that instead of him another general was elected to the leadership of the Senate.
Ex-quaestor (+1 influence)
Consul (+2 influence)
Censor (+3 influence)
Great Pontiff (+5 influence)

3. Receiving retinue (philosophers, biographers, etc.) For example:
Follower of Jupiter (+1 influence, +1 management, +1 command);
The Oracle adds +1 to all stats, incl. +1 influence;
Biographer (+1 influence);
Actor (+1 influence);
Poet (+1 influence);
Herodotus the poet (+1 influence);
Strongman (+1 influence);
Librarian (+1 influence);
Sorcerer (+3 influence);
Orator (+2 influence).
Read the topic Exchange of retinue

4. Some properties. For example:
Insightful (+1 influence, +1 control, +1 command);
Intellectual (+2 influence, +2 control, +2 command);
Great speaker (+1 influence);
Great speaker (+2 influence);
Novice politician (+1 influence);
Politician (+2 influence);
Excellent politician (+3 influence);
Collector (+2 influence, -2 command);
Devout (+1 influence);
Religious (+1 influence);
Religious (+2 influence);
Honors the gods (+3 influence);
Raised (+1 influence);
Generous (+1 influence, -1 control);
Nice looking (+1 influence);
Generous ruler (+1 influence);
Heartless Ruler (+1 Influence);
Generous (+2 influence);
True Roman (+1 influence).

P
Pope 24.12.20

Probably I have the HUGE family tree! It just dried up ... when I played Rome: Total War I was always tormented by the question [When will these funny and sad guys (generals) end? There is a limit to them.] I decided to pervert and "finish off" the picture to the end. It took a long time to "finish off", right up to 110 AD. After the defeat of all the factions, I left one island under the control of the rebels and continued to play. The family name has grown to the point that it is simply unrealistic to find someone there. Havermenov made "People of the Hour" at every opportunity. After 110 the "pictures" ended ... and went on the second round.
Now my faction leader is the same dude that Pantiff played at the very beginning of the game (in SPQR), only he changed his name.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

How many generals do you have?
And of them with the original surname?
How many sons are future generals?

P
Pope 24.12.20

There are many alive! And the last Skip died in the 20th year, in my opinion.
There are sons too - a little! I remember that almost every city had a man, but after the plague and riots, they died. I had to drive them to the garrisons.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Filaret666 wrote on 21.04.05 at 23:01
By the way, I still don't know what determines the number of generals' bodyguards.

Answer: the number of bodyguards a general has depends on his influence. The more influence, the more bodyguards. For example, if a general without influence has 10 bodyguards, then each +1 influence will add approximately 2 bodyguards.

P
Pope 24.12.20

1. What does "Management" give the general, how does it (if it does) affect the development of the country, city, finance?
2. Why can a general who has received 10 "control" never get 10 "influence" and vice versa?
3. Can it be considered interesting that a general who had been in the garrison all his life and had no retinue or stars, at the age of 40, gained 10 "control"?

P
Prescott 24.12.20

And how to change the txt. file so that the generals do not die at all during the game (company) before the destruction of all factions except the Senate?

n
navii 24.12.20

If you want to play a game like Rome with only a fantastic twist, then this is "Warhammer Mark of Chaos". She hasn't come out yet so we are waiting.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

How to make a general a good manager.
Here, in contrast to 4 ways to increase influence, there are only 3 directions in which an increase (decrease) in the properties of a manager occurs. This happens due to:

1. Getting a post in the Senate. Raising the level of management is temporary, only for a term of office.
Censor (+2 management);
Praetor (+1 control);
Edil (+1 control);
Quaestor (+1 control);

2. Receiving retinue (merchants, librarians, etc.) For example:
Follower of Jupiter (+1 control, +1 influence, +1 command);
The Oracle adds +1 to all stats, incl. +1 control;
Librarian (+1 control);
Elderly Servant (+1 control);
Teacher (+1 control);
Mentor (+1 management, +1 command);
Scribe (+1 management, 10% bonus in trading income);
Philosopher (+1 control);
Chrysipus philosopher (+1 control);
Treasurer (+2 management);
Jerome historian (+1 management);
Callimachus of Cyrene Librarian (+1 administration);
Read the topic Exchange of retinue

3. Some properties. For example:
Insightful (+1 control, +1 influence, +1 command);
Intellectual (+2 control, +2 influence, +2 command);
Official (+1 control);
Experienced official (+2 management, +2 to law-abidingness);
Super-administrator (+3 control, +3 to law-abidingness);
Hard (+1 control, 100% increase in the amount for bribery);
Active (+1 management, + 10% to movement points, 5% discount on the cost of buildings);
Active (+2 control);
Understands mathematics (+1 management, + 5% to all profits from trading).

A
Antonio 24.12.20

The Pope asked:
Why a general who has received 10 "controls" can never get 10 "influence" and vice versa?

In theory, this is possible, because generals with 10 stars of command and 10 wreaths of "influence" meet. There are also generals with 10 command stars and 10 "command" scrolls.

What gives the general "control", how does it (if it does) affect the development of the country, city, finance?

"Management" has a huge impact on finance. The efficiency of the industries located in this province is increasing, the volumes of taxable trade are increasing, and as a result, the total collection of taxes and fees increases (not to be confused with the tax rate !!!).

Does the general's "management" on the development of the country?
Directly NO.
Only indirectly - more money was raised, and with these funds it is possible to build more roads, observation towers, agricultural production, etc.

Can it be considered interesting that the general, who had been in the garrison all his life and had no retinue or stars, at the age of 40, gained 10 "management"?

Can. In general, you are very lucky to have such a general.
By the way, what does the phrase "in the garrison" mean?
Most likely, the general was in a well-developing large city, and not in a fort. Therefore, during the construction of a market (forum) in the city, the general could get a merchant in his retinue, if he kept high taxes - the property "Good tax collector", if he built temples - a "priest", "wise man" or a priest of a particular god (that is, there are still advantages in management), you can also get a "smart" retinue from the academy, theaters, and so on.
And if he does not have a retinue and at the same time he has 10 "management" - this, in my opinion, is a very rare, phenomenal case.

V
Vitayt 24.12.20

> FEATURES OF GENERALS
BEN_LADEN wrote:

In this thread I want to discuss the features of generals. For example, one of my generals had the name Lucius "Scarface", and his feature was "harshly cut." -2 influence +8 hit points !!! Think if the general had the following features: 1. Healthy blush 2. Always healthy and cheerful. 3. Roughly cut up
4. Old soldier 5. Scarred 2 + 6 + 6 + 8 + 2 = 24 !!! He probably would have been immortal! Another general (the German) had the nickname "Berseker with blood on his hands" +2 attacks -2 defense (sort of like). What other cool features do you know?
And what does wastefulness depend on? And then as soon as you put a new general in the city, his properties appear from "wasteful" to "extremely wasteful".

P
Pope 24.12.20

Yes, about [10 control and 10 influence at the same time], I was wrong, I had one such ... I picked up a retinue for him ... and he fucked it all technically!
And the one who was sitting in the fort had no retinue, but had characteristics:
Teetotaler (+3);
Discreet (+2 control);
Ascetic (+3 control);
Knows how to persuade (+1 control);
Official (+1 control).

V
VikRus 24.12.20

I play for Rome, and now, for 15 moves, no one is born, is not appointed, and in battle does not become a general. I only have the Faction Leader and 2 generals. How can you fix this?

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Are you playing as the non-playable faction of the Roman Senate or some kind of Roman family?
1. How to get the birth of children is written in the FAQ (question 36) and here in this thread.
2. Don't count on a Candidate for Adoption, there is a very large share of chance, and even if you do everything right, you are unlikely to receive it, and if you do, then its characteristics may be very low. By and large, an Adoption Candidate is a Person of the Hour not issued to you during the course.
3. Generals bought for a bribe sometimes have good characteristics, but there are two "BUT":
- you have to give money for bribery (and at the beginning of the game it is usually tense with them);
- playing at the "very difficult" level, often a computer. does not allow bribery, and other people's generals answer "Our honor and friendship are not sold even for your money."
4. Man of the hour is the best option (and most interesting) for increasing the number of your generals.
How to get the Man of the Hour read here (on March 18, I added there).

A
Arachnid 24.12.20

In the game, members of a faction live on average to 65 years, if not touched. The other day, an Egyptian pharaoh aged 90.5 years died. He lived in a city with baths, which had just left the rank of "small town". Another died, barely living to 60. Pharaoh, as far as I remember, did not even have the commander's health benefits. How to make it so for everyone?

More. Can you explain what the command gives ?! The general's squad has the usual experience!

A
Alessio 24.12.20

2 Arachnid: "How to make everyone have this?" - Scientists have been fighting the problem of aging for more than a century. But seriously, the "Great Randomizer" rules everything, therefore the generals die, some at 50, some at 90.

g
giglov 24.12.20

If it's really a pity to part with your favorite character, then after the message about his death, load the game on the previous sovgard (I write down at the end of each move) and your general will be alive and live for another five years ... I personally did so when I played in Rome: Total War.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Arachnid asks:
Can you explain what command gives?
I will try.
Command skills and related skills (for example, + command in attack or defense) are needed when you conduct an "auto-battle" (conduct a battle automatically). I command the troops myself during the battle, because comp. does the "auto-fight" incorrectly; victories are awarded to opponents (maybe because I go through the company at the most difficult levels), although incorrect results of the battle can be obtained (and you get) with any difficulty of the game.
But one day, my general with 8 command stars, during the transition of the turn, was attacked by Macedonian troops, who had a quantitative advantage, from two opposite sides. No matter how I tried to pull out the battle at least on the "Draw", nothing helped. Simultaneous strikes from both sides cause panic in the army, which cannot be stopped by anything, the result of the battle is that my army is gone. I tried it 20 times. All possible formations of troops.

And when the battle is carried out automatically - "Draw" and almost all my troops are saved ... This is how it happens.

A
Artem-LAB 24.12.20

Girls (3 pieces) do not want to get married. They are already 19-24 years old, and they bring old farts without qualities, and even sellable ones (20-100-200% discount on bribery). Nothing helps, neither heroic victories, nor even unconditional ones. Five times I made several heroic victories over the rebels per turn, changed buildings (quantity and quality), I walked in all detachments, I don’t know what to do anymore, they will die as girls - fools, sorry girls, our own, not strangers.
Tell me what to do (or dissuade, because there are no problems with the generals :))?
(1.2 version) thanks right away.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

It is possible to ensure that daughters who have reached the age of brides (12 years old) do not sit up “in girls”, and that “old men” for 40 years without combat experience, but experienced, influential, young commanders, do not woo them. To do this, you need to (once again look through this entire thread):

1. Cover the largest possible distances (ie spend "movement points") spies, ships and armies in the campaign. It is very easy to miss a squad or ship, so open the "army" tab and check everyone in turn.

2. Check the forts. The garrison must be with spent "movement points", ie. make your move.

3. Make the taxes as high as possible (not before the riot, of course). Although, if in a given city this move ends the construction of a temple that gives "percent of tranquility", then you can put up a red face so that at the beginning of the next move the face is already blue.

4. Choose from among diplomats and killers those who are on the way to carry out the most important missions, and make a move with them.
Attention: the total length of the moves made by diplomats, spies and killers should be about 80% of the maximum possible.

5. Construction. This point is sometimes decisive. For example, everything else is done correctly, but the family does not grow. Try this: ask the computer what it recommends to build in this city? The computer's answer usually does not match your decision. the first thing in any city you will be advised to build barracks of all kinds. So, you started building "land clearing", and received advice to build something else. If you have enough money, put what was advised to you in the construction queue. This must be done in all cities (or how much money is enough) and the program, when calculating points per move, will add points to you (for competent construction), for which it will give you new relatives. On the next turn, this structure can be removed from the construction queue, and all the money will be returned to you.
It is even necessary to remove the buildings recommended by the computer from the construction queue. if you did not have time to build what you consider the most important, then comp. the next turn in the same city may advise you something else.

6. Save before end of turn.

7. Finish the move, and if the results of the move do not suit you, open the save and check everything.

8. Make several different endings of the turn and choose where the young experienced general woo your princess.
It must be remembered that you cannot get more than one groom in one move.