3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Praetorian 24.12.20 01:35 am

Family tree (Rome: Total War)

Does anyone know what criteria are used to select candidates for adoption?
A couple of times it happened that my captains were accepted as family members "for military merit." I wonder if it is possible to pump the captains so specially?

Bribed generals immediately join your clan, once such a traitor was adopted by the leader of the faction, who had no heirs, and this "adopted" soon became king!
An interesting system ...

Who else has some interesting family tricks - write here.

176 Comments
Sort by:
A
Artem-LAB 24.12.20

Thank you, but one died as a girl, and two passed off for zero at 40. All from one dad, probably fate. There are more troubles with them, minus solid.

A
Arachnid 24.12.20

I read on this forum that if young men sit in the city, the appearance of the "Cockerel" trait is possible. Played a campaign for the British. There were three at a time in Londinium and everything was fine, I really thought it was a shame for the Britons. Well, in Kondat Redonum, a 60-year-old married general had this trait. Do the swordsmen turn him on?

A
Antonio 24.12.20

I will have to answer :)
Read this post carefully.

And yet, a negative stat (no matter which one) is easy to earn if the governor does NOT build anything in the city or builds, but not that. How do you know WHAT to build? In this thread, in my previous post from 05/07/06, I described how you can make the program consider your general an outstanding builder.

g
giglov 24.12.20

And I have something new, or have you already met this? ..
I play RTR Gold 6.0, even at the start I noticed that not all my commanders are present in the family tree, I did not pay attention. So, with the next division of power after the death of the tsar, it was just the one not from the list who sat on the throne (he was the heir), and my tree now started from scratch, he, his wife and two daughters ... I just didn't like it terribly, but then I figured out, this is really Greek democracy, no royal families, only elections of a worthy one ... in short, now every time the tree will change, it is certainly inconvenient, but on the other hand, why is it needed when there are 150 people on it. and even clones ...

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Very interesting. And what happened to the relatives of the deceased head of the family? Are they alive?
Are they still generals?
Do growing sons from the "old" family become generals or not?
Who appointed this heir: you or the computer?
How was it evident that he is the heir to the head of the family?

V
Vitayt 24.12.20

2 giglov
This is normal for RTR;)

g
giglov 24.12.20

2 Antonio
Relatives are all alive and well and serve with honor and conscience, at the expense of maturing sons this is a question ... I remember only the unmarried daughters there ... and the computer appointed his heir, and this was evident in the list of his character traits ...
They say that this is normal for RTR ...
And if one of the "old" clan becomes the next, then all relatives will appear on the tree or he will be proclaimed the ancestor? "

g
giglov 24.12.20

The latest news: just received a message about the birth of a son, but there is no baby in the family tree ... Logically, one can conclude that "their" children will also become generals ...

J
Jotunheim 24.12.20

Can you make a character immortal? And then I feel sorry for the old man, he will die soon, 66 years old, after all, for a long time he rocked him on veri hard, he brought all of Italy, Spain, Numidia to their knees. One of his generals' detachment kills an army of 1000 heads, and the peasants under his command will fight the elephants to the last drop of blood. Maybe there is something in the file you can replace and make it young again? =)

General

V
Vitayt 24.12.20

Nizya :)

g
giglov 24.12.20

You can extend it ... I always save at the end of the turn, and then when at the beginning of the next one comes a message about his death, reboot, and this time he will be alive ... I often did this before, extended the life of my favorites for 15 years.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Everything is correct. In this way, the life of the pet general can be extended much. At the beginning of this topic, they wrote that "And once my chapter lived up to 98 years."
By the way, when he gets ready for another world, it would be necessary to transfer a good retinue to the young, and take a bad one to him so that it does not spoil the characteristics of the rest of the generals.

g
giglov 24.12.20

Can the admiral be given the retinue of another admiral? No matter how much I tried, it didn't work out, according to the rules of the game, they need to be collected at one point, and the admirals don't want to.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Theoretically, it is possible, because the entire retinue is transferred. But it practically doesn't work. Admirals do not unite into one army, like generals on land, therefore it is impossible to transfer the retinue.
Maybe someone knows more about this issue?

g
giglov 24.12.20

I will continue the topic I touched on 07/20/06 04:42 am
my faction leader just died, and the heir, who was also not from the original family, died right away ... so one of the "majority" became the leader, and the tree returned with all the relatives from the founder ... it turns out funny, downright struggle for power ... maybe they killed that heir?

J
Jotunheim 24.12.20

Yes, this is not a struggle, you yourself can appoint the future ruler, I usually choose the youngest about 20 years old, and lead one detachment of the current ruler to the enemy's army, I kill him there, and now I have a new ruler whom I myself appointed.

g
giglov 24.12.20

2Jotunheim
killer ... why are you doing that? Stalinism ... any general can be useful
1, a bad fighter - gather his retinue and ruler
2, a bad fighter and a ruler - gather him a retinue of merchants, tax collectors, recruits, lowers, etc. and a person in business
3, since it's really bad, send him to distant countries for rare mercenaries
4, the old man survived from his mind, well, what to execute him, find him a quiet place on a rich island, or let him sit with a young ruler in a developed city and " collects a "cool retinue, gives it to the young,
and besides, if you read where I started the topic (in the sense of mine and not general), then I could not always choose an heir ...

g
giglov 24.12.20

Here are the ones on! I agree, the "set of points" affects the characteristics of the CC or the groom who wooed ... but on the sons of relatives? I've noticed for a long time that the bigger and richer the country becomes, the shittier the children grow up, all the hope is for sons-in-law ... and today the trick, here is the beginning of a new step, two adults, 3+ characteristics, one useless fighter, the second useless ruler and a drunkard ... there is a catch, I had to reboot, return to the end of the last move, and these same two jerks, but completely different people ... so what happens, a set of qualities is given out on occasion? And all efforts to use the potential do not affect the "sons"?

g
giglov 24.12.20

and I have news again ... one of my generals became a fagot at the age of 60, in the description appeared the entry "pe ... erast" ... it's nice that these lewd practices cause discontent and loss of influence, since the game was not made in France.

B
Barigos 24.12.20

With regard to the tree and the system of traits and retinues in general, the mini-mod "Genetics, Aging, family & Health mod" on the TV center can be useful. I already have whole dynasties here: some clever people, other commanders ... And much more characteristics are inherited thanks to new triggers and trait. Browsing the tree has become more interesting.