3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Praetorian 24.12.20 01:35 am

Family tree (Rome: Total War)

Does anyone know what criteria are used to select candidates for adoption?
A couple of times it happened that my captains were accepted as family members "for military merit." I wonder if it is possible to pump the captains so specially?

Bribed generals immediately join your clan, once such a traitor was adopted by the leader of the faction, who had no heirs, and this "adopted" soon became king!
An interesting system ...

Who else has some interesting family tricks - write here.

176 Comments
Sort by:
P
Provocateur 24.12.20

In fact, I rarely do this, and always from the principle - if, say, I committed obvious stupidity in a battle during the enemy's turn, and at the beginning of a new turn, God (or a case, as it is more convenient for someone :) gave a son or son-in-law, then I recover a little time - until I achieve the same. Rarely - but enough for statistics. ;-)

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Write, did the above scheme help to increase your families?
By the way, the above scheme does not work with “non-playable” factions (the Senate of Rome, Armenians, etc.) and the family may not develop at all for many turns. Tell me how to proceed?

A
Antonio 24.12.20

In order to visually imagine what state the family has at the moment of the game (are all the generals married, are the daughters late brides, how many sons are on the way to growing up, etc.) and not go to the Family Tree forever to remember the names , age and who of the family you need to pay attention to (marry, marry, develop family children, transfer the retinue from an elderly character to a young one), it makes sense to make a printout of this very Family tree with names, AGE and the current game date.
1. make a screen using the "Prt Sc" key. It is usually found above the Insert key.
2. exit the game.
3. go to the program for creating, viewing drawings (I used the Paint program)
4. create a file, "edit", "paste". If the family is large, it may not work out at once.
5. "cut out" the portraits of the characters and place them on a white background, then connect them with lines - "ties of kinship" and print. When placing, it should be taken into account that brides can get married, and generals can get married and leave a place for future relatives.
6. Open the game and put names and ages under the characters (on paper). Celebrating the year of the game.

The Julian family tree-7. return to editing the file with the Family Tree image. We sign the characters, put the year and the name of the faction. By the way, not all fonts work in Paint, I used the Arial font.
8. we print.
Such an image of the Family Tree will quietly work for several game years, of course, additions and changes are made by hand during the game.

B
Bjs 24.12.20

2 Antonio
Well, what can I say, GIANT !!! :))
I also like to delve into the little things, but I just can't stand it. :)

P
PlayGround.ru 24.12.20

For example, I still cannot really figure out the Family Tree. I can not always distinguish people adopted into a family from others. Sometimes adopted into the family is distinguished by the fact that in a tree he is connected by a current line with the woman on whom he got married (the purebreds have several connections 1.with wife 2.z father, etc.), and sometimes, for reasons I do not understand, he is connected by a non-current line with an icon women, but also with the woman's father (i.e., 1 generation above): a kind of paradox emerges that let's say the father is 45, and the son 43 (that is, this son is the very adopted one, but you can't follow everyone) ... In general, I almost never use the Family Tree, because I don't know what functional value it has, except that you can change the heir.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

tt, it's better to see once than hear a hundred times. Make a printout of the Family Tree, make signatures of names and ages there, VERY much will become clearer.

F
Filaret666 24.12.20

And I don't like generals. I love "People of the hour", sometimes they appear at such a necessary moment !!! In general, I usually have 4-5 generals at the front, but not less than 7 stars each. And all the parasites who are in my capital, I send them to a hot spot - let life learn!

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Filaret666, I also like the "People of the hour" and take them with any characteristics. The "man of the hour" really appears (sometimes, really) at the right time and in the right place.
It is a good idea to create a small mobile army consisting of practically all generals. after the battle, the number of bodyguards is restored FREE of charge for the treasury, if, of course, the general survived. In addition, EXPERIENCE and entourage increases.

S
Spirit_religious 24.12.20

In JS, Antonio, I think to reveal the algorithms of the game, is tantamount to kill the interest in it "diplomacy, the appearance of heirs." This is just my opinion.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Spirit_religious, regarding the "disclosure of the game algorithm."
If I knew the buy-in, I would live in Sochi.
I don't know the algorithm. But I try to analyze successes and mistakes so that the Family tree develops normally. After all, what happens is that YOU decide the destinies of HALF OF THE WORLD, and you cannot force your general to marry, and give your daughter a normal marriage, sss writes "old men of 50-55 years old are wooing my beauties",
Praetorian writes "72-year-old commander wooed a young princess" or BJS writes "children did not want to give birth."
I don’t remember who wrote that “a married couple has been together for 20 years, but there are no children”.
And all this happens in that era when people were married off and did not ask, and when women gave birth almost every year. The creators of the game didn't really take this into account.

V
Vinar 24.12.20

How to increase fertility? It is banal - while the general is on campaigns - he will NOT have children!
Those. got an adult offspring - we keep him in the city on the farm (it is very desirable to have a line of academies in the city) until he marries and has children. By 35, he is usually already trained by his retinue and has 3-4 children. We take out on a campaign and until his death he rushes around the map. And his children are on the farm. :) Using this tactic, you can not marry your daughters and still have a complete set of "clean" line of rulers. As a result, there are not enough cities for them. :)

A
Antonio 24.12.20

Hmmm .. Vinar was unlucky with the generals. Until I read his article ("For beginners" thread), I did not pay attention at all to WHERE the general was when he had children.
I share my observations: a general can be on a HIKE (even a long one), he can besiege someone else's fortress, maybe in a fort or in a city, and at the same time he can safely MARRY, produce SONS and Daughters. My generals at the age of 20-22 ALREADY have a couple of children, and by the age of 35 ... they will have GRANDCHILDREN.

s
sss 24.12.20

"Stirlitz, we congratulate you on the birth of your son!"
Stirlitz dropped a mean man's tear on the text of the cipher code - he had not been to his homeland for five years.

A
Antonio 24.12.20

sss, thanks. Anecdote in the subject :)
Indeed, how to keep track of WHERE was the general? One move is 6 months, and the child needs 9.
It turns out that he was somewhere in the middle of the WAY from point A to point B, two moves back :) and carries his WIFE with him everywhere.

Q
Quint 24.12.20

1. I am in SHOCK !!! old man 103 years old !!! How he lived to this, I do not know myself !!!!!!
2. The second shock: the groom is 89 years old !!!! (bride 22)! How did this happen ???
Explain plizz!

A
Antonio 24.12.20

The campaign for the "playable" at the end of the course fraction Game Rome: Total War sums up how you played, appreciating the game situation (something that you can influence), accrued or not accrued points for all:
-What are the building began to build or did not start to build at all, -
what taxes are imposed on the cities,
- whether the agents (diplomats, killers, spies) made the right moves,
- whether the movement points were spent from the fleet, from the armies on the campaign (including in forts), etc.
…… ..
According to GOOD results of EVERY MOVE, the result is given:
-experienced (3-4 stars), a young Groom (16-17 years old) or
-Wedding of your general on a young bride (5-10 years younger) or
-SON or DAUGHTER (we'll talk about candidates for adoption in other articles).
If you scored a LOT of points - there will be 2 weddings or 2 children, i.e. Combinations of the above results are POSSIBLE.
It also happens (if the requirements of the RTW game are ignored) that the RTW game is not satisfied with the results of your actions for the game turn and it only gives out an increase in the retinue, an increase in the general's trait OR an increase in the family, retinue, properties does not occur at all.
……….
16-18-year-old grooms are matched to 12-year-old brides, i.e. 1.5 times older.
In a good scenario, a groom of 30-35 years old should marry a 22-year-old bride.
With an excellent scenario - starting from the age of 16.
So, the bride is 22 years old. The girl reaches the age of the bride in the game at 12. TEN years or TWENTY moves. You ignored the requirements of the game for 20 moves and here is the result. Unique. :)

D
Dims 24.12.20

I wonder how the "correctness" of the moves of diplomats and spies is determined :)?

F
Fergus 24.12.20

Heh, just about ... The correct moves are made by the person and not the AI ​​to decide whether he is correct or not.

2 Antonio:
Why is there such confidence. True, it is worth noting that there is some logic

A
Antonio 24.12.20

How to determine the "correctness" of the moves of diplomats and spies.
Finding out WHAT is "right" and what is not (according to Rome: Total War), I think, can only be experienced. According to my observations, the best option is to spend by agents (spies, diplomats, killers) about 80% of "turn points" of the total number of turn points. Example: you have 2 spies and 4 diplomats, for a total of 6 agents. If the length of each stroke is conventionally taken as 100 stroke units, the total amount will be 600 stroke units, and 80% will be 480 stroke units (or 4 full strokes and 1 stroke at 80%). 600 - 20% = 480. How to distribute the moves is up to you. I try to make full moves first as spies, then diplomats (who have important tasks), other AGENTS scoop up the rest of the total turn point limit, some (usually diplomats) skip their move. If there are a lot of agents, the percentage is the same - 80, plus or minus 2-3 percent, and several diplomats already miss their turn.
Why did the developers do this? Probably, taking into account the fact that the player of any agent will still miss and the agent will NOT make a move.

c
casper 24.12.20

Calculation of the appearance of children and weddings from the presence or absence of the move of spies and murderers ??? Gee ... Original! I made fun. I can imagine the picture - the developers write the game code and arrange a discussion about how the rest of the turn of the spyen affects the appearance of the child from the general. :) And yet they find this most important magic formula.

Most likely, everything is much simpler - there is a random number generator that makes certain triggers work. And this generator can be tied to anything - even to the total duration of the course up to milliseconds, even to real time, even to spies and murderers. I think it works after pressing the "move turn" button, then the triggers are processed (well, like a general rooster or vice versa, very temperamental, whether he has children or not, or is there enough empire for this number of generals, or you can add one more) , which either increases or decreases the likelihood of this being triggered, after which the result is displayed on the screen - the drain of the triggers worked (read 1 son, 2 weddings, etc.). All. The more reboots, the more chances of getting the "desired" result.

Someone wrote above that even with the banal save load without changing the final positions of the units, everything worked out. If save load does not help, then the random number generator uses in the calculations a certain control number or even numbers, which include the number of remaining moves for the units, but even here it is most likely not important how many "units" of moves the units have and for what the task they go, but simply from the number of these same "units" it is different every time. One way or another, forcing the units to move is changing the control number -> changing the results of the random number generator -> changing the triggering.

Those. moved any unit one "cell" made a move transition - did not like it, loaded, moved one more "cell", etc.